How can you not believe in god?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Snake_raider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Snake_raider
Member since 2008 • 579 Posts

Do you guys really believe that a massive explosion created earth, made up our cells, the nucleus, all of our bodily functions, and to develop from cave mans to homo sapiens? Gods real as hard as it is to comprehend that, he is real. Maybe heaven and hell arent real we just keep getting reborn after we die and have no memories of our past life. thats what i believe

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#2 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
Why is it that an omnipotent god that doesn't succumb to any rules is any less complex than the real world? I don't gain anything by saying; It is god that did it.
pancreasjuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 pancreasjuice
Member since 2008 • 344 Posts

Do you guys really believe that a massive explosion created earth, made up our cells, the nucleus, all of our bodily functions, and to develop from cave mans to homo sapiens? Gods real as hard as it is to comprehend that, he is real. Maybe heaven and hell arent real we just keep getting reborn after we die and have no memories of our past life. thats what i believe

Snake_raider
Ummmm....... do you really believe a magical man in the sky said let there be stuff, and then there was stuff? Both theories are i suppose, just as plausable
darkhorse286

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 darkhorse286
Member since 2007 • 440 Posts

Do you guys really believe that a massive explosion created earth, made up our cells, the nucleus, all of our bodily functions, and to develop from cave mans to homo sapiens?

Snake_raider

Yes I do believe that. I don't find it nearly as hard to believe as creationism as this theory has evidence.

Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Shad0ki11
Member since 2006 • 12576 Posts

It's easy to believe or not believe in God. Depends on how you were raised.

Avatar image for deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
deactivated-57af49c27f4e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#6 deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
Member since 2005 • 14149 Posts

Snake_raider
If you say a god did that, you also have to account for the creation of the creator, which makes it even more hard to swallow than the big bang.
BumFluff122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 BumFluff122
Member since 2004 • 14853 Posts

There is no evidence of God nor will there be any ever. And the Big Bang does not say that everything formed from nothing.

Avatar image for bean-with-bacon
bean-with-bacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bean-with-bacon
Member since 2008 • 2134 Posts
Just because you do not have sufficient knowledge to adequately understand the big bang theory does not mean you should look for your answers in god, rather you should pick up a physics text book.
Dariency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#9 Dariency
Member since 2003 • 9464 Posts

Some people only believe in what they can see, and since no man can see god and live (except with Jesus apparently, for those who believe Jesus is god) then some can't believe in god.

-starman-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 -starman-
Member since 2008 • 2822 Posts

Why yes, I do happen to believe that.

Do you believe that this thread will change anyone's mind?

clembo1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 clembo1990
Member since 2005 • 9976 Posts
*sigh* I find your lack of reason disturbing.
Anonymous_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Anonymous_7
Member since 2009 • 211 Posts

[QUOTE="Snake_raider"]

Do you guys really believe that a massive explosion created earth, made up our cells, the nucleus, all of our bodily functions, and to develop from cave mans to homo sapiens?

darkhorse286

Yes I do believe that. I don't find it nearly as hard to believe as creationism as this theory has evidence.

As if no prophets ever came proclaiming that there is a God and as if there were no religious texts.:?

It's even more fascinating how all these people were very good human beings and it's really hard to believe that they would intentially lie to others on such a delicate matter. And if it were there own dellusion created by the confusion of the purpose of life, then they really wouldnt go so far defending their claims as get them even killed...

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
Many would counter this with how can you believe in god? That some magical man in the sky created everything we know? Personally I believe in God, maybe not the christian one but a God none the less.
blooddog28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#15 blooddog28
Member since 2008 • 2049 Posts
Oh wow.. EASY there is absolutely NO PROOF.
metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts

There is no evidence of God nor will there be any ever. And the Big Bang does not say that everything formed from nothing.

BumFluff122

I'm agreeing with this guy because he has an adorable kitten as his avatar.

BumFluff122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BumFluff122

[QUOTE="BumFluff122"]

metroidfood

I'm agreeing with this guy because he has an adorable kitten as his avatar.

Thankyou. I knew this kitten avatar would do some good in the world.

Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts
Because there's no evidence of the existence of a god. Just because people thousands of years ago decided we were created by a God doesn't make it true.
huladog123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#19 huladog123
Member since 2005 • 4212 Posts
The beauty of creation and the complexity of life prove the existence and the awesomeness of our Creator. I cannot WAIT to meet Him one day!!
Avatar image for deactivated-59be76f5a5388
deactivated-59be76f5a5388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#20 deactivated-59be76f5a5388
Member since 2006 • 11372 Posts

Snake_raider
Yes I do. But that's just me. I appreciate your beliefs, but you don't have to shove them in other people's faces.
darkhorse286

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 darkhorse286
Member since 2007 • 440 Posts

[QUOTE="darkhorse286"]

[QUOTE="Snake_raider"]

Anonymous_7

As if no prophets ever came proclaiming that there is a God and as if there were no religious texts.:?

It's even more fascinating how all these people were very good human beings and it's really hard to believe that they would intentially lie to others on such a delicate matter. And if it were there own dellusion created by the confusion of the purpose of life, then they really wouldnt go so far defending their claims as get them even killed...

I don't think I'd call Religious texts reliable sources of evidence. For one thing they are obviously biased and you don't know who wrote them and if they had changed over time. Also prohpets could have made it up easily.

What you think are good human beings may not be what they seem.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a84f3399aa1c
deactivated-5a84f3399aa1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22 deactivated-5a84f3399aa1c
Member since 2005 • 6504 Posts
Sounds more plausible than an invisible man who lives in the sky and watches over you.
Avatar image for Morning_Revival
Morning_Revival

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Morning_Revival
Member since 2008 • 3475 Posts
Murder Rape Torture War Famine Pestilence How can you?
nitsud_19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 nitsud_19
Member since 2004 • 2519 Posts

Not everyone who does not believe in god believes in the big bang theory, I for one don't believe in either.

Similarly i can ask you the same questions, how can you believe in "god"?

The concept of a god and faith is very baffling to say the least. In retrospect religion is one of the main contributors to the downfall of society as it paints such a clear contrast between right and wrong, us and them, which inturn will cause conflicts be it violent or social.

I chose my own path in life and chose not to "believe" in anything that is apparently greater then I, this has created a overwhelming feeling of self-satisfaction and not self-preperation.

As for the "god" thing, it is impossible to comprehend the notion of a single entity that has always been which created the universe in "7 days", no book or human mind should be capable of understanding it, just presenting it. This allows for misinterpretation on a massive scale.

"God" didn't create us in his image, we created him out of ours.

Morning_Revival

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Morning_Revival
"God" didn't create us in his image, we created him out of ours.nitsud_19
Quite possibly one of the best things Ive read in a Religious thread.
REA24409

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 REA24409
Member since 2007 • 863 Posts

Snake_raider

Okay lets see what sounds better, some almighty person just decided to create the earth and the whole universe or anti-matter and dark matter collided and cause a giant explosion creating planets, stars, and everything else of the sort? I'm gonna have to go with the big-bang, it's much more logical. And we simply evolved from animals that already had cells and bodily functions, the animals that survived the asteroid that hit the earth and wiped out the dinosaurs evolved and evolved and eventually lead to us (just saw that on the history channel like 10 minutes ago). How does someone create the earth and humans, does he have super powers? People can't have super powers and NO ONE could possibly make the whole universe, it is barbaric to even think that.

Avatar image for broken_bass_bin
broken_bass_bin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 broken_bass_bin
Member since 2009 • 7515 Posts

I don't believe he exists because there is no evidence to suggest he exists. and it makes me laugh when Christians say that the Bible is proof of the existence of God. i mean, how exactly is it proof?

and yet, evolution is scientific fact, and there's an overwhelming amount of very strong scientific evidence to suggest that the universe was created by The Big Bang or some other natural process.

the whole idea of some mystical supernatural being creating the universe seems absolutely preposterous to me. complete nonsense.

Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Theokhoth
Member since 2008 • 36799 Posts

How can you not believe in god?

The same reason how I can.

CorTilt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 CorTilt
Member since 2009 • 285 Posts
Yes! It makes just as much sense that an all powerful being created this than that a giant explosion created us. Because if 2 atoms created the explosion where did the atoms come from? They must have always existed.
Funky_Llama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Funky_Llama
Member since 2006 • 18428 Posts
With great ease.
Morning_Revival

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Morning_Revival
evolution is scientific factbroken_bass_bin
Evolution is a Scientific Theory.
Funky_Llama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Funky_Llama
Member since 2006 • 18428 Posts

[QUOTE="broken_bass_bin"]evolution is scientific factMorning_Revival

And also scientific fact. They aren't mutually exclusive, you know.

SSBFan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SSBFan12
Member since 2008 • 11981 Posts

Snake_raider
God is not real you have no proof that he created all of us and we non believers have no proof that he didn't create us. It is a mystery that we will not solve until we die.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#34 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

For the same reason I don't believe in fairies, unicorns and Zeus... there is just no logical reason to assume some supernatural being created the universe when all the observable evidence we do have points towards it all forming naturally.

And the big bang was not an explosion. This is a common misconception. Nor did it come from nothing.

Avatar image for broken_bass_bin
broken_bass_bin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 broken_bass_bin
Member since 2009 • 7515 Posts

[QUOTE="broken_bass_bin"]evolution is scientific factMorning_Revival

yes, and evolution is also scientific fact

it's as much scientific fact as the theory of gravity.

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#36 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 16051 Posts

It's dishonest to fill in the answers that you don't know with a god. It discourages independant thought.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
Sounds more logical then some beared guy in a robe sitting on a cloud being the cause of every existance.
Sway-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Sway-
Member since 2008 • 1371 Posts
How can you believe there is a guy in the air that created everything and he doesent care about anyone and lets us all suffer?
unholymight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 unholymight
Member since 2007 • 3378 Posts
Because simple concepts show that such a thing would be impossible.
-FlyLo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 -FlyLo-
Member since 2009 • 2833 Posts

I believe the Big Bang theory more than "Some dude with a beard zapped Earth out of no where".

Jonesy914

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Jonesy914
Member since 2008 • 1119 Posts

And the big bang was not an explosion. This is a common misconception. Nor did it come from nothing.

foxhound_fox

Damn, beat me to it. Don't you just hate it when ignorant people say the big bang was an explosion. They should at least read into something before they try to argue against it.

GTR2addict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 GTR2addict
Member since 2007 • 11863 Posts
 read through this and tell me how you CAN believe in god.
Morning_Revival

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Morning_Revival

[QUOTE="Morning_Revival"][QUOTE="broken_bass_bin"]evolution is scientific factFunky_Llama

And also scientific fact. They aren't mutually exclusive, you know.

I didnt know it could be both a Theory and a Fact at the same time, my mistake.
CorTilt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 CorTilt
Member since 2009 • 285 Posts
For the same reason I don't believe in fairies, unicorns and Zeus... there is just no logical reason to assume some supernatural being created the universe when all the observable evidence we do have points towards it all forming naturally And the big bang was not an explosion. This is a common misconception. Nor did it come from nothing.foxhound_fox
Well if it came from something where did the thing that create it come from? It forms a paradox. Anyway what does it matter what the big bang was? A paradox makes just as much sense for an all powerful being as it does a particle.
Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Theokhoth

read through this and tell me how you CAN believe in god.GTR2addict

By understanding two simple facts:

1. Christianity is not the only religion, and

2. That picture is false representation of Christianity made in a humorous manner, and thus is not meant to be taken seriously by somebody looking to make an honest religious decision.

Simple, really.

TheFragcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 TheFragcat
Member since 2008 • 2466 Posts

God is real you say?

So you've met god? Amazing.

Avatar image for deactivated-58188738395f3
deactivated-58188738395f3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-58188738395f3
Member since 2008 • 1161 Posts

Do you guys really believe that a massive explosion created earth, made up our cells, the nucleus, all of our bodily functions, and to develop from cave mans to homo sapiens? Gods real as hard as it is to comprehend that, he is real. Maybe heaven and hell arent real we just keep getting reborn after we die and have no memories of our past life. thats what i believeSnake_raider

I believe in a God but I just don't think it's the all-powerful God of the bible which did all these amazing feats like stopping the Sun (see plagues of Egypt), parting the Red Sea to allow Israelites to cross and healing a woman from severe injuries from stoning.

I believe that if there is a God you must experience him yourself and this shouldn't come from a book written 2000 years ago. You have to experience him yourself here and now.

Someone told me that I am just a figment of my imagination. This view is quite consistent with George Berkeley phenomenalism/subjective idealism. The problem with this view is that it cannot be disproved by any experimental means and is hence non-falsfiable.

Yongying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Yongying
Member since 2007 • 1220 Posts

I would ask the question differently, How can you not give the possibility of gods existence?

Lets look at the universe as being 100% knowledge, sacrcastically, our knowledge is nearly that of 0% compared to the universe. So why would people even choose to be 100% atheist or religious and not be neutral, 50/50. At the end of the day, nothing can proove he exists, and nothing can disprove it.

Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Theokhoth

Someone told me that I am just a figment of my imagination.

X4D

If your imagination exists, there has to be a you to propogate that imagination. Therefore, if you are a figment of your imagination, you are not a figment of your imagination.

BumFluff122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 BumFluff122

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]For the same reason I don't believe in fairies, unicorns and Zeus... there is just no logical reason to assume some supernatural being created the universe when all the observable evidence we do have points towards it all forming naturally And the big bang was not an explosion. This is a common misconception. Nor did it come from nothing.CorTilt
Well if it came from nothing what did the thing that create it come from? It forms a paradox. Anyway what does it matter what the big bang was? A paradox makes just as much sense for an all powerful being as it does a particle.

I think you missed the part where he states "Nor did it come from nothing"