Hookah and Smoke Detector/Fire Alarm?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

npatel1447

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 npatel1447
Member since 2006 • 400 Posts

Hey guys, I have a question. I just moved into my new apartment and there are fire alarms, smoke detectors, and sprinklers. Does anyone know if I can smoke my hookah inside my apartment without the alarm going off. If not, are there any ways around it? How would I disable it or are there any tricks to get around?

Another question I had was that people smoke in their houses and I'm sure that they have fire alarms. So how come those don't go off?

Thanks for your help

Dracargen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Dracargen
Member since 2007 • 7928 Posts
Here's a genius idea: Quit smoking.
fastesttruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 fastesttruck
Member since 2005 • 25353 Posts
Smoke out the window or in a closet is what most do I think. and its unlawful I think to disable a fire alarm in a place where there are more than one faimly living there. so don't try doing that
bsman00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 bsman00
Member since 2008 • 6038 Posts

Hey guys, I have a question. I just moved into my new apartment and there are fire alarms, smoke detectors, and sprinklers. Does anyone know if I can smoke my hookah inside my apartment without the alarm going off. If not, are there any ways around it? How would I disable it or are there any tricks to get around?

Another question I had was that people smoke in their houses and I'm sure that they have fire alarms. So how come those don't go off?

Thanks for your help

npatel1447

now that depends what are putting in this Hookah??.....j/k dont worry i smoke all the time in my apt... never goes off...but it does when i burn something in the oven tho

bsman00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 bsman00

Here's a genius idea: Quit smoking.Dracargen

NO dont tell people what to do....and i know i am telling you what to do but .....

TheJustin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 TheJustin
Member since 2006 • 2197 Posts

Thanks for your help

npatel1447

I'm sorry I can't be of any assistance, but I do strongly recommend you don't disable your fire alarm.
Honenheim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Honenheim
Member since 2007 • 5402 Posts
Idk, try taking off the battery when your smocking, then put it back on when you stop.
donwoogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 donwoogie
Member since 2004 • 3707 Posts

Thanks for your help

npatel1447

Smoke detectors usually go by the concentration of smoke in the nearby area of the smoke alarm, so, if you smoke directly under it, or blow smoke at it, it will go off. If you smoke in the corner of the room away from it, it will not go off. Another trick is to put a loose sock or bag over it. Since the air trapped in the sock around the firealarm will be traped and only be air, then your smoke will not be able to get near it. Just a hint though, a lot of landlords will kick you out if they presistently see a cover over your smoke alarm.

bsman00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bsman00

Idk, try taking off the battery when your smocking, then put it back on when you stop.Honenheim

o man i love smoCKing!

Montaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Montaya
Member since 2005 • 4269 Posts

[QUOTE="Dracargen"]Here's a genius idea: Quit smoking.bsman00

NO dont tell people what to do....and i know i am telling you what to do but .....

Says Towlie.. :roll:

Shiggums

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#11 Shiggums
Member since 2007 • 21436 Posts

Smoke out the window or in a closet is what most do I think. and its unlawful I think to disable a fire alarm in a place where there are more than one faimly living there. so don't try doing thatfastesttruck

As he said, just ventilate. Open windows are your friend now ;)

MotherSuperior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 MotherSuperior
Member since 2003 • 3745 Posts
What are you smoking?
bsman00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 bsman00
[QUOTE="bsman00"]

[QUOTE="Dracargen"]Here's a genius idea: Quit smoking.Montaya

Says Towlie.. :roll:

Dont forget to bring a towel

kidcool189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 kidcool189
Member since 2008 • 4307 Posts
Here's a genius idea: Quit smoking.Dracargen

lol, ya thats a real childish idea, hookah smoking isnt a habit, its an occasional enjoyment, its really nothing worse than somethings the average person does everyday

TC, it really depends on how small the room is and how many people are smoking the hookah, thoguh i suggets just opening a window will do good and maybe turning on a fan if you have one, you dont necessarily have to blow the smoke all out the window but just have an open window will do
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58310 Posts

Well, sprinklers are triggered by heat, not smoke. You cant have the sprinklers go off every time someone burns some toast or cookies in the oven, right?

As for the smoke alarm, you should be OK. People smoke in their apartements all the time.

DJ-PRIME90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#16 DJ-PRIME90
Member since 2004 • 11292 Posts
Usually people smoke those outside...on their balcony or in their backyard...just a thought.
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58310 Posts

Usually people smoke those outside...on their balcony or in their backyard...just a thought.DJ-PRIME90

ahhh but hookah smoke smells really nice; it doesnt have that nasty, akrid (spelling?) smell to it that cigars and cigarettes have. Plus it doesnt really leave a layer of odor on everything; worst case, you have a pleasantly musty fruit smell on your room.

Frankly, I think hookah smells a lot better than that crap you spray into the air or plug into your wall socket.

nirvana563

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 nirvana563
Member since 2005 • 2913 Posts
Um, I smoke in my friends house and now that I think of it I don't think he has smoke detectors. But I don't know I guess ask the landlord.
CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts
Um, I smoke in my friends house and now that I think of it I don't think he has smoke detectors. But I don't know I guess ask the landlord.nirvana563
Yeah do that.