Hillary Clinton Recent Behavior

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

She pressed the reset button and laughed hysterically. Hillary Clinton also changed her position on gay marriage. Is she high?

-Blasphemy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By -Blasphemy-
Member since 2005 • 3369 Posts

nope just trying to get elected. im not sure why they try so hard... the presidency it's all a bunch of bullshit anyway.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Just trying to set an image. All you need is a Bible, some American flags, and patriotism to get elected by idiots.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#4 10854
Member since 2014 • 116 Posts

@Gaming-Planet: You forgot a ton of hypocrisy.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

@Gaming-Planet said:

All you need is a Bible, some American flags, and patriotism to get elected by idiots.

Obama was none of those and he still got elected...twice.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Corporate Hillary is just suffering from post concussion syndrome. The idiotic "dead broke" comment and the awkward gay marriage interview are just manifestations.

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By -Sun_Tzu-
Member since 2007 • 17384 Posts

It's great to know that Hilldog is just as out of touch and narcissistic as ever. Then again she did learn from the master, her business partner husband.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts

Did I step into a thread from a year and a half ago? Her switch to supporting gay marriage feels pretty old at this point.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#9  Edited By GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts
@jasean79 said:

@Gaming-Planet said:

All you need is a Bible, some American flags, and patriotism to get elected by idiots.

Were you even paying attention to the campaign? Just like any other cookie cutter politician, Obama emphasized all three of those things, religion to a lesser extent.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

@-Blasphemy- said:

nope just trying to get elected. im not sure why they try so hard... the presidency it's all a bunch of bullshit anyway.

I hear you. U.S presidency was once a mighty and prestigious position to hold. Nowadays it seems mostly embarrassments, blunders and scandals.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GazaAli

@jasean79 said:

@Gaming-Planet said:

What he said applies to whites. Americans of color are a different story. They just need their color and good public speech and community organizing capacities.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts

@-Blasphemy- said:

Any politician....president....prime minister etc.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By GreySeal9

@GazaAli said:

@jasean79 said:

@Gaming-Planet said:

What he said applies to whites. Americans of color are a different story. They just need their color and good public speech and community organizing capacities.

You guys are so ignorant about politics.

If I had a nickel for every banal patriotic pro-America statement that came out of Obama's mouth, I'd be able to at least afford a new video game console.

He's really not different than white politicians in any significant way.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14  Edited By chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts
@GreySeal9 said:
@jasean79 said:

@Gaming-Planet said:

Were you even paying attention to the campaign? Just like any other cookie cutter politician, Obama emphasized all three of those things, religion to a lesser extent.

What's the betting jasean'll respond that Obama's a Muslim?

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By GreySeal9

@chessmaster1989 said:
@GreySeal9 said:
@jasean79 said:

@Gaming-Planet said:

What's the betting jasean'll respond that Obama's a Muslim?

rofl. That would not surprise me at all.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By GazaAli

@GreySeal9 said:

@GazaAli said:

If I had a nickel for every banal patriotic pro-America statement that came out of Obama's mouth, I'd be able to at least afford a new video game console.

He's the president of the United States, of course he will constantly utter patriotic blather. That however, has nothing to do with the subject of how he might have come into power, or how any American president does so for that matter. Not to mention that this patriotic blather can take different shapes and forms.

I can't find the part in my post where I said he's any different than other American presidents. You should work on your reading comprehension skills before going around calling people ignorant.

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 -Sun_Tzu-

@GazaAli said:

I can't find the part in my post where I said he's any different than other American presidents.

"What he said applies to whites. Americans of color are a different story."

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By GreySeal9

@GazaAli said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@GazaAli said:

He's the president of the United States, of course he will constantly utter patriotic blather. That however, has nothing to do with the subject of how he might have come into power, or how any American president does so for that matter. Not to mention that this patriotic blather can take different shapes and forms.

I can't find the part in my post where I said he's any different than other American presidents. You should work on your reading comprehension skills before going around calling people ignorant.

My reading comprehension is fine: you implied that a different set of rules applied to him because he's not white, which you didn't back up with anything resembling knowledge of our political system. While there might be some new dynamics at play with a non-white candidate, the whole "all they need is their color, good public speaking, community organizing skills" is such a laughable analysis. ANY candidate needs some amount of public speaking proficiency and ability to organize people and there's no evidence that color matters as much as you think it does.

Also, Obama uttered the same patriotic platitudes before he was elected. Why? Because, regardless of color, that's the kind of stuff the electorate wants to hear from their candidates.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By GazaAli

@-Sun_Tzu- said:

@GazaAli said:

I can't find the part in my post where I said he's any different than other American presidents.

Which was a response to that post regarding how politicians are supposedly elected in the U.S.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 LJS9502_basic

@-Sun_Tzu- said:

@GazaAli said:

LOL....that was short and sweet Sun.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 GazaAli

@GreySeal9 said:

@GazaAli said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@GazaAli said:

My reading comprehension is fine: you implied that a different set of rules applied to him because he's not white.

Also, he uttered the same patriotic platitudes before he was elected. Why? Because, regardless of color, that's the kind of stuff the electorate wants to hear.

I implied that a different set of rules applied to his election because he's not white, not to his policies, agenda and/or strategies/interests.

Are you disagreeing with that statement? If so then it's fine, but you would at least be disagreeing with the intended statement.

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By -Sun_Tzu-

@GazaAli said:

@-Sun_Tzu- said:

@GazaAli said:

Which was a response to that post regarding how politicians are supposedly elected in the U.S.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 GreySeal9

@GazaAli said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@GazaAli said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@GazaAli said:

My reading comprehension is fine: you implied that a different set of rules applied to him because he's not white.

Also, he uttered the same patriotic platitudes before he was elected. Why? Because, regardless of color, that's the kind of stuff the electorate wants to hear.

I implied that a different set of rules applied to his election because he's not white, not to his policies, agenda and/or strategies/interests.

Are you disagreeing with that statement? If so then it's fine, but you would at least be disagreeing with the intended statement.

When I say that there's nothing significantly different about him than other politicians, I am encompassing the arc of his ascension/election to the Presidency, which is obvious from the conversation. You're arguing semantics. Leave that shit to thegerg.

As to the second part of your post, there's nothing to suggest that that statement is correct. I mean, there might be slightly new dynamics at play with a non-white candidate, but overall, there's nothing to suggest that a non-white candidate with mainstream appeal needs different "ingredients" than white politicians.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@GreySeal9 said:

@GazaAli said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@GazaAli said:

My reading comprehension is fine: you implied that a different set of rules applied to him because he's not white, which you didn't back up with anything resembling knowledge of our political system. While there might be some new dynamics at play with non-white candidate, the whole "all they need is their color, good public speaking, community organizing skills" is such a laughable analysis. ANY candidate needs some amount of public speaking proficiency and ability to organize people and there's no evidence that color matters as much as you think it does.

Also, Obama uttered the same patriotic platitudes before he was elected. Why? Because, regardless of color, that's the kind of stuff the electorate wants to hear from their candidates.

Especially for re-election.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 GreySeal9

@LJS9502_basic said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@GazaAli said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@GazaAli said:

My reading comprehension is fine: you implied that a different set of rules applied to him because he's not white, which you didn't back up with anything resembling knowledge of our political system. While there might be some new dynamics at play with non-white candidate, the whole "all they need is their color, good public speaking, community organizing skills" is such a laughable analysis. ANY candidate needs some amount of public speaking proficiency and ability to organize people and there's no evidence that color matters as much as you think it does.

Especially for re-election.

Totally agree.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By GazaAli

@GreySeal9 said:

@GazaAli said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@GazaAli said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@GazaAli said:

When I say that there's nothing significantly different about him than other politicians, I am encompassing the arc of his ascension/election to the Presidency, which is obvious from the conversation. You're arguing semantics. Leave that shit to thegerg.

As to the second part of your post, there's nothing to suggest that that statement is correct. I mean, there might be slightly new dynamics at play with a non-white candidate, but overall, there's nothing to suggest that a non-white candidate with mainstream appeal needs different "ingredients" than white politicians.

How exactly am I arguing semantics here? The ascension of a politician to power and how he utilizes that power are two separate subjects. I was getting at the former, you perceived the latter.

As I said you're free to disagree with that statement as it was the intended message. With that said, I think race did play a role in Obama's election to the presidency. The race effect may progressively diminish in the future in case the U.S continues to have more and more nonwhite presidents, but in the case of Obama I think it did play a significant role owing to the fact that he set a precedence. It happens all the time in different domains and parts of public life. Have you forgotten how much significance was given to the fact that the U.S was having its first black president following the announcement of the results of 2008's elections? I remember clearly how many people back then were saying "Now Clinton 2016". Tell me, was Hilary such an amazing politician back then that people were barely able to wait until 2016 to make her president or was it the case that after having set the precedence of a first nonwhite president, a large portion of the American electorate was ready to move on to the next precedence, first female president of the U.S?

This has always been one of the main ends of certain partisans: setting a precedence in public life as an impetus of social progress.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By LJS9502_basic

I always love how someone with zero experience of a country argues like they know what they are talking about.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 GazaAli

@GreySeal9 said:

Totally agree.

Considering how Obama/Biden were against McCain/Palin, that election didn't leave enough room for any factors to be in play. It rendered everything rather superfluous and peripheral.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By GreySeal9

@GazaAli said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@GazaAli said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@GazaAli said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@GazaAli said:

How exactly am I arguing semantics here? The ascension of a politician to power and how he utilizes that power are two separate subjects. I was getting at the former, you perceived the latter.

As I said you're free to disagree with that statement as it was the intended message. With that said, I think race did play a role in Obama's election to the presidency. The race effect may progressively diminish in the future in case the U.S continues to have more and more nonwhite presidents, but in the case of Obama I think it did play a significant role owing to the fact that he set a precedence. It happens all the time in different domains and parts of public life. Have you forgotten how much significance was given to the fact that the U.S was having its first black president following the announcement of the results of 2008's elections? I remember clearly how many people back then were saying "Now Clinton 2016". Tell me, was Hilary such an amazing politician back then that people were barely able to wait until 2016 to make her president or was it the case that after having set the precedence of a first nonwhite president, a large portion of the American electorate was ready to move on to the next precedence, first female president of the U.S?

This has always been one of the main ends of certain partisans: setting a precedence in public life as an impetus of social progress.

There's no doubt that Obama being the first non-white President gave his campaign a layer of "excitement," but you said that all a non-white candidate needs is his color, good speaking skills, and community organizing skills. That is ridiculously simplistic. As shown by Obama's campaign strategies, a non-white candidate needs to hit the same notes that a white candidate does. And a white candidate needs good community organizing/speaking skills as well. Look at what happened to Rick Perry because he sounded so dumb in the debates.

In any case, where is the data that shows that the racial milestone that Obama's election represented was more than superficial as far as voter motivations are concerned?

Also, the left is pushing Hillary so hard not because she's a woman, but because of the Clinton legacy. That's not to say that her gender has absolutely nothing to do with it, but you are overstating its importance.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 GreySeal9

@GazaAli said:

@GreySeal9 said:

Totally agree.

Considering how Obama/Biden were against McCain/Palin, that election didn't leave enough room for any factors to be in play. It rendered everything rather superfluous and peripheral.

Not sure what you mean by this, but if you're saying that McCain/Palin were totally outmatched (and I'd agree with that), then you're only strengthening the idea that color isn't as important as other factors.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Master_Live

@GreySeal9 said:

@GazaAli said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@GazaAli said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@GazaAli said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@GazaAli said:

Also, the left is pushing Hillary so hard not because she's a woman, but because of the Clinton legacy.

Ha.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By GreySeal9

@Master_Live said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@GazaAli said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@GazaAli said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@GazaAli said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@GazaAli said:

Also, the left is pushing Hillary so hard not because she's a woman, but because of the Clinton legacy.

Ha.

You can laugh all you want, but what I'm saying is true. Hillary is pushed so hard because she is perceived to be unbeatable (which is ridiculous; no candidate is unbeatable) and she's perceived as unbeatable because of the good will the Clinton name inspires. People see her as symbolic of a return to 90s prosperity, which is also ridiculous, but it is what it is.

Yes, her potentially being the first female President does give her some points, but it's secondary to the clout that being a Clinton gives her. If you disagree, why aren't other female candidates being talked up?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 LJS9502_basic

@GreySeal9 said:

@Master_Live said:

@GreySeal9 said:

Ha.

You can laugh all you want, but what I'm saying is true. Hillary is pushed so hard because she is perceived to be unbeatable (which is ridiculous; no candidate is unbeatable) and perceived as unbeatable because of the good will the Clinton name inspires. People see her as symbolic of a return to 90s prosperity, which is also ridiculous, but it is what it is.

Yes, her potentially being the first female President does give her some points, but it's secondary to the clout that being a Clinton gives her. If you disagree, why aren't other female candidates being talked up?

I'd agree the Clinton name is more important than sex in this case....

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Master_Live

@GreySeal9 said:

@Master_Live said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@GazaAli said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@GazaAli said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@GazaAli said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@GazaAli said:

Ha.

You can laugh all you want, but what I'm saying is true. Hillary is pushed so hard because she is perceived to be unbeatable (which is ridiculous; no candidate is unbeatable) and perceived as unbeatable because of the good will the Clinton name inspires. People see her as symbolic of a return to 90s prosperity, which is also ridiculous, but it is what it is.

Oh boy. First regarding your original post, I don't know what you mean by left, but Clinton is an establishment candidate, more of a moderate, which does very well with blue collar Democrats/Reagan Democrats; the left wing of the party is skeptical of how Clinton would govern.

Which brings me to your last point which clearly illustrate either your lack of knowledge with the topic at hand or your unfamiliarity with the left. The most talked about candidate outside Hillary Clinton, then one that lights up all the bleeding liberals hearts out there, has been Elizabeth Warren and as far as I know (can't confirm) she has a vagina too.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 GreySeal9

@LJS9502_basic said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@Master_Live said:

@GreySeal9 said:

Ha.

I'd agree the Clinton name is more important than sex in this case....

Yeah, Democrats (and Republicans) want to win above all else and the way Bill rocked the Democratic convention reminded liberals of how much political power the Clintons still have.

They wish Bill could run again and they see Hillary as the next best thing lol.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By GreySeal9

@Master_Live said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@Master_Live said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@GazaAli said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@GazaAli said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@GazaAli said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@GazaAli said:

Ha.

Oh boy. First regarding your original post, I don't know what you mean by left, but Clinton is an establishment candidate, more of a moderate, which does very well with blue collar Democrats/Reagan Democrats; the left wing of the party is skeptical of how Clinton would govern.

Which brings me to your last point which clearly illustrate either your lack of knowledge with the topic at hand or your unfamiliarity with the left. The most talked about candidate outside Hillary Clinton, then one that lights up all the bleeding liberals hearts out there, has been Elizabeth Warren and as far as I know (can't confirm) she has a vagina too.

Your problem is that you assume I'm talking about the far left. I'm not. I'm talking about average Democrats who qualify as center left. And while the left may be skeptical of how Clinton would govern, they see her as the best candidate to take on the Republicans.

Also, Hillary is a generic center left Dem. Not really much different than Obama in that respect. Not to mention that being "establishment" is not mutually exclusive from being really liberal. Nancy Pelosi is "establishment," but pretty darn liberal on the whole. You're making a lot of simplistic distinctions.

As for your last comment, I'm not talking about the fringe left. I'm talking about average Democrats, who under any reasonable definition, can be classified under "the left."

Lastly, while there are liberals who desperately want Warren to run, she is hardly being pushed in any politically significant way.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Master_Live

Lets take a look at a March Gallup Poll:

Yeah, I say she potentially being the first female President gives her more than "some points".

http://www.gallup.com/poll/168041/clinton-top-selling-point-2016-first-female-president.aspx

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#38 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

Hillary understands the pain of the average American. According to her, Bill and her were "dead broke" when they left the White House. They get the whole wage equality thing, just like Obama does. The poor thing had to slum it when she moved to New York, to carpet bag just to get elected to the Senate.

Here's how you get elected in America...Union support...Union rights...woman rights....senior citizen rights.....we care...yada....yada...yada.

Meet the new boss...same as the old boss.....

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By GreySeal9
@Master_Live said:

Lets take a look at a March Gallup Poll:

Yeah, I say she potentially being the first female President gives her more than "some points".

http://www.gallup.com/poll/168041/clinton-top-selling-point-2016-first-female-president.aspx

Well, I'll concede that my language downplayed how important her gender is to some people, but this poll is hardly evidence that most Democrats want her to run primarily because she is a woman.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

@coasterguy65 said:

Hillary understands the pain of the average American. According to her, Bill and her were "dead broke" when they left the White House. They get the whole wage equality thing, just like Obama does. The poor thing had to slum it when she moved to New York, to carpet bag just to get elected to the Senate.

Here's how you get elected in America...Union support...Union rights...woman rights....senior citizen rights.....we care...yada....yada...yada.

Yeah I have to admit this was facepalm worthy that she would even dare suggest she was considered "broke".. This was as bad as the cringe worthy statements Romney made during his tour showing how out of touch he really was with the average American when it came to economic problems. Not too sure about Union support.. Union's are dead.. They have been attacked in all fields and have been systematically destroyed for better or worse.. They literally make up less than 12% of the workforce now..

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#41  Edited By coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

@sSubZerOo said:

@coasterguy65 said:

Yeah I have to admit this was facepalm worthy that she would even dare suggest she was considered "broke".. This was as bad as the cringe worthy statements Romney made during his tour showing how out of touch he really was with the average American when it came to economic problems. Not too sure about Union support.. Union's are dead.. They have been attacked in all fields and have been systematically destroyed for better or worse.. They literally make up less than 12% of the workforce now..

Romney was so out of touch it wasn't even funny. Of course when can millionaires understand what the average middle class, or poor American is going through. Unions may be dead, but every candidate courts them. Knowing full well that the majority of their members will vote however the leadership tells them to.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 GazaAli

@GreySeal9 said:

@GazaAli said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@GazaAli said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@GazaAli said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@GazaAli said:

There's no doubt that Obama being the first non-white President gave his campaign a layer of "excitement," but you said that all a non-white candidate needs is his color, good speaking skills, and community organizing skills. That is ridiculously simplistic. As shown by Obama's campaign strategies, a non-white candidate needs to hit the same notes that a white candidate does. And a white candidate needs good community organizing/speaking skills as well. Look at what happened to Rick Perry because he sounded so dumb in the debates.

In any case, where is the data that shows that the racial milestone that Obama's election represented was more than superficial as far as voter motivations are concerned?

Also, the left is pushing Hillary so hard not because she's a woman, but because of the Clinton legacy. That's not to say that her gender has absolutely nothing to do with it, but you are overstating its importance.

Clearly that was meant as a cynical exaggeration. All serious presidential candidates who have an actual shot at the presidency will need to satisfy pretty much the same criteria. They would also need a satisfactory combinations of certain skills. Beyond that however, each candidate usually has one or more winning cards. In the case of Obama back in 2008, race was definitely at least of those winning cards.

I don't have data and I'm not sure if they exist. What I have been stating in this topic is largely my own take on the subject so it could be wrong after all.

I may or may not be overstating her gender's importance, but its definitely there. Hilary would definitely receive a large portion of women's vote and an even bigger portion of youth and other social progressives/liberals.