Help with Teenage daughter.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FreddyJeffery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 FreddyJeffery
Member since 2013 • 164 Posts
Ok so my Teenage Daughter had had a few breakout in the facial area, you know the story, but what is making her panic is that when the zit/bumps/whatever go away, they leave a black round mark on her face. Now I am no skin expert but maybe that means that they healed wrong? Don't know. She wants some way to remove the black spots and has decided against ever drinking teh soda or anything else that has rumors of breakout even some that clearly won't do anything. So basically what do I buy for her skin issue so she can shut up, and what kind of drinks(she doesn't like to eat due to having a reaction to most things.) can i buy cheap that are actually good for her other than water? For the latter, i tried buying those Naked health drinks but the calories per bottle are insane and the size does not match the price which is outrageous.
Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

How about taking her to a dermatologist?

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts
What do you mean black spots? Like a mole, a blackhead or what?
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

a few cans of four loko

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

We need pics.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178846 Posts
You're talking about yourself....right?
DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts
Buy her an xbox so she doesn't have to leave the house.
jim_shorts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#8 jim_shorts
Member since 2006 • 7320 Posts

I highly doubt you're old enough to have a teenage daughter based on some of your posts.

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 psymon100
Member since 2012 • 6835 Posts

Legendaryscmt

First response nails it.

Some skin conditions require specific clinical micromanagement. Do the job properly mate, call the experts.

FreddyJeffery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 FreddyJeffery

[QUOTE="Legendaryscmt"]

psymon100

First response nails it.

Some skin conditions require specific clinical micromanagement. Do the job properly mate, call the experts.

Except its only blackheads.
FreddyJeffery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 FreddyJeffery

I highly doubt you're old enough to have a teenage daughter based on some of your posts.

jim_shorts
Such as?
FreddyJeffery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FreddyJeffery
What do you mean black spots? Like a mole, a blackhead or what? themajormayor
Blacjheads I guees. Just little small black marks were the pimple used to be. Apparently its not a serious thing otherwise they would not have let it go.
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts
[QUOTE="themajormayor"]What do you mean black spots? Like a mole, a blackhead or what? FreddyJeffery
Blacjheads I guees. Just little small black marks were the pimple used to be. Apparently its not a serious thing otherwise they would not have let it go.

I never seen any person without any blackheads. You can barely see them unless you look from 1 cm distance. Maybe you're talking about something else.
FreddyJeffery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 FreddyJeffery
[QUOTE="FreddyJeffery"][QUOTE="themajormayor"]What do you mean black spots? Like a mole, a blackhead or what? themajormayor

I never seen any person without any blackheads. You can barely see them unless you look from 1 cm distance. Maybe you're talking about something else.

Well, as she complains, once the pimples shrink to gone there is a spot there each time. She is panicking because she wants clear skin or near clear skin and she said it's getting worse.
Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#15 Kevlar101
Member since 2011 • 6316 Posts
She refuses to EAT? Son of a b!tch! be a father to this girl you jerk!
Diablo-B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 Diablo-B
Member since 2009 • 4063 Posts
As stated earlier a dermatologist cant be beat but may I ask is your daughter white, yellow, brown or dark skinned cause I may know what the dark spots are depending on your answer.
FreddyJeffery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 FreddyJeffery
As stated earlier a dermatologist cant be beat but may I ask is your daughter white, yellow, brown or dark skinned cause I may know what the dark spots are depending on your answer.Diablo-B
Dark Skinned.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#18 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

You're talking about yourself....right?LJS9502_basic

Dudes get acne too, so it's safe admit it. My brother's was in terrible shape in the first few years in high school.

FreddyJeffery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 FreddyJeffery

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]You're talking about yourself....right?jimkabrhel

Dudes get acne too, so it's safe admit it. My brother's was in terrible shape in the first few years in high school.

Except I could not have been talking to myself since guys barely ever really give to craps about their skin unless of course it's serious. girls tend to panic more.
psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 psymon100

[QUOTE="psymon100"]

First response nails it.

FreddyJeffery

Well, as she complains, once the pimples shrink to gone there is a spot there each time. She is panicking because she wants clear skin or near clear skin and she said it's getting worse.FreddyJeffery

Well. Why not take her to a dermatolagist anyway?

If she is 'panicking' some advice from a suitably qualified professional may calm her nerves?

FreddyJeffery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 FreddyJeffery

[QUOTE="FreddyJeffery"][QUOTE="psymon100"] Except its only blackheads.psymon100

Well, as she complains, once the pimples shrink to gone there is a spot there each time. She is panicking because she wants clear skin or near clear skin and she said it's getting worse.FreddyJeffery

If she is 'panicking' some advice from a suitably qualified professional may calm her nerves?

I KIND of did that already. but a more direct skin doctor might be better i suppose.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#22 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

[QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]You're talking about yourself....right?FreddyJeffery

Except I could not have been talking to myself since guys barely ever really give to craps about their skin unless of course it's serious. girls tend to panic more.

In the age of the metrosexual man and AXE body spray, teen boys care more. Look at One Direction and Justin Bieber.

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 psymon100

[QUOTE="psymon100"]

[QUOTE="FreddyJeffery"]

[QUOTE="FreddyJeffery"]Well, as she complains, once the pimples shrink to gone there is a spot there each time. She is panicking because she wants clear skin or near clear skin and she said it's getting worse.FreddyJeffery

I KIND of did that already. but a more direct skin doctor might be better i suppose.

Good luck to you whatever you do man.

FreddyJeffery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 FreddyJeffery
[QUOTE="FreddyJeffery"][QUOTE="psymon100"]

First response nails it.

thegerg

Then do a little of your own research and figure it out. Otherwise, do the smart thing about this medical issue and take her to a medical professional.

Which I already did, and I already did.
XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts
I choked on my zit-inducing pepsi at "What do I buy for her skin issue so she can shut up". I found that amusing and have a similar feeling in regards to teenage girls. Tell her to damn drink WATER. Not vitamin water, not fiji water. WATER. Plain ass water, and to wash her face and her pillowcases and anything else her face touches regularly. Nothing helps clear zits better than water in terms of drinks. And if she's looking for what to eat, clean eating is never a bad idea. The less processed food the better, and even if she does have reactions to a lot of things, raw natural food is less likely to cause reactions. Take her to a nutritionist and dermatologist, this sounds like more than regular teenage acne.
leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 leviathan91
Member since 2007 • 7763 Posts

It sounds like acne scars. Is she popping them? If she is, that's why but I'm no expert (I was a teenager though), so talk to a Dermatologist for an expert opinion.

If she is popping them, then she needs to do it correctly. I think there's a way involving toothpaste or she could just wait it out. After all, she's a teenager and all teenagers have that problem.

FreddyJeffery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 FreddyJeffery

[QUOTE="FreddyJeffery"][QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

jimkabrhel

In the age of the metrosexual man and AXE body spray, teen boys care more. Look at One Direction and Justin Bieber.

Justin Beiber is a male?
Diablo-B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Diablo-B

[QUOTE="Diablo-B"]As stated earlier a dermatologist cant be beat but may I ask is your daughter white, yellow, brown or dark skinned cause I may know what the dark spots are depending on your answer.FreddyJeffery
Dark Skinned.

Ok I have the same issue. Nothing to worry about. Its a natural characteristic for some people with brown or dark tones of skin. Its called hyper-pigmentation, which is a darkening of the skin area that has been cut or damaged. Its temporary and clears up after a few weeks or a couple months depending on how bad it is. Everyone's skin is different.

The best solution is to avoid the pimples in the first place. But there are skin lightening and complexion evening cremes that can speed up the removal of those dark spots. Im not sure which is the best but I know my mother used to use Ambi Fade Creme.

For me I just wash my face with a mild oil removal facial wash and use "Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion". Its about $25 for the big bottle, lasts between 2 - 3 months and is the best moisturizer I have found. Also change you pillow case often, work out, eat a balanced diet and drink that water.

These tips worked for me but do your daughter a favor and take her to a dermatologist, he/she can give her the best advice for her skin type.

FreddyJeffery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 FreddyJeffery
[QUOTE="XilePrincess"]I choked on my zit-inducing pepsi at "What do I buy for her skin issue so she can shut up". I found that amusing and have a similar feeling in regards to teenage girls. Tell her to damn drink WATER. Not vitamin water, not fiji water. WATER. Plain ass water, and to wash her face and her pillowcases and anything else her face touches regularly. Nothing helps clear zits better than water in terms of drinks. And if she's looking for what to eat, clean eating is never a bad idea. The less processed food the better, and even if she does have reactions to a lot of things, raw natural food is less likely to cause reactions. Take her to a nutritionist and dermatologist, this sounds like more than regular teenage acne.

She doesn't want to drink only water though which is 45% of the issue. If she has to have water she ends up busting her babysitting money and my allowance to her money on things like Pierre seltzer or something, there always has to be flavor in the drink. I brought the 24 pack of aquafina and disani which are plain water, and nope, nothing. I also she she should lay off the sweets but eh.
FreddyJeffery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 FreddyJeffery

[QUOTE="FreddyJeffery"][QUOTE="Diablo-B"]As stated earlier a dermatologist cant be beat but may I ask is your daughter white, yellow, brown or dark skinned cause I may know what the dark spots are depending on your answer.Diablo-B

Dark Skinned.

Ok I have the same issue. Nothing to worry about. Its a natural characteristic for some people with brown or dark tones of skin. Its called hyper-pigmentation, which is a darkening of the skin area that has been cut or damaged. Its temporary and clears up after a few weeks or a couple months depending on how bad it is. Everyone's skin is different.

The best solution is to avoid the pimples in the first place. But there are skin lightening and complexion evening cremes that can speed up the removal of those dark spots. Im not sure which is the best but I know my mother used to use Ambi Fade Creme.

For me I just wash my face with a mild oil removal facial wash and use "Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion". Its about $25 for the big bottle, lasts between 2 - 3 months and is the best moisturizer I have found. Also change you pillow case often, work out, eat a balanced diet and drink that water.

These tips worked for me but do your daughter a favor and take her to a dermatologist, he/she can give her the best advice for her skin type.

Isn't oil remover creme more dangerous since darker skiined people if not mistaen, have naturally oily skin therefore, causing damage? Also, is there the difference between the cheap and expensive kinds cause not spending that much on something to what to me seems simple and not worth panicking about.
XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts
[QUOTE="FreddyJeffery"] She doesn't want to drink only water though which is 45% of the issue. If she has to have water she ends up busting her babysitting money and my allowance to her money on things like Pierre seltzer or something, there always has to be flavor in the drink. I brought the 24 pack of aquafina and disani which are plain water, and nope, nothing. I also she she should lay off the sweets but eh.

Then tell her that f*cking sucks, I hate plain water too and I don't like lemon water, but step one to attaining clear skin is being well hydrated and not stuffed full of sugar and artificial flavorings and other crap. Water is a flush, it cleans you out. If she doesn't like that, tell her she can enjoy her acne. If she really needs some flavor, tell her to cut up REAL fruit, stick it in a pitcher and fill it full of water and let it sit for NATURAL flavored water. If it's important to her to not have acne, it should also be important to her to suck it the hell up and drink regular water. She needs to learn this. You get nowhere without doing something you don't particularly love. If she wastes all her money on fancy water, so be it. Don't give her any more. Teach her to make choices.
FreddyJeffery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 FreddyJeffery
[QUOTE="XilePrincess"][QUOTE="FreddyJeffery"] She doesn't want to drink only water though which is 45% of the issue. If she has to have water she ends up busting her babysitting money and my allowance to her money on things like Pierre seltzer or something, there always has to be flavor in the drink. I brought the 24 pack of aquafina and disani which are plain water, and nope, nothing. I also she she should lay off the sweets but eh.

Then tell her that f*cking sucks, I hate plain water too and I don't like lemon water, but step one to attaining clear skin is being well hydrated and not stuffed full of sugar and artificial flavorings and other crap. Water is a flush, it cleans you out. If she doesn't like that, tell her she can enjoy her acne. If she really needs some flavor, tell her to cut up REAL fruit, stick it in a pitcher and fill it full of water and let it sit for NATURAL flavored water. If it's important to her to not have acne, it should also be important to her to suck it the hell up and drink regular water. She needs to learn this. You get nowhere without doing something you don't particularly love. If she wastes all her money on fancy water, so be it. Don't give her any more. Teach her to make choices.

She needs lunch when at school, which is why i give here money, although she spends it on many things like flavored drinks at the school. I'm not going down there watching here everyday at lunch. As for everything else, i only keep water in the house now and natural fruit juices like Apple juice, and grape juice, and will make natural fruit punch once in awhile with real fruit in a blender instead of processed fruit punch as I am trying so hard to have drinks that don't have high fructose in them but America is so keen on that and a lot of the flavored dronks she likes has it or some other artificial replacement. I suppose one solution would be to have it as the only option in the house, she would not have much of a choice if she wants a drink with her food or whatever. and hide my stuff in the back :cool:
Diablo-B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Diablo-B
[QUOTE="Diablo-B"]

[QUOTE="FreddyJeffery"] Dark Skinned.FreddyJeffery

Isn't oil remover creme more dangerous since darker skiined people if not mistaen, have naturally oily skin therefore, causing damage? Also, is there the difference between the cheap and expensive kinds cause not spending that much on something to what to me seems simple and not worth panicking about.

I didnt say oil removing cream, I said oil removing facial wash. I use one without salycic acid or benzyl peroxide cause those are too strong for me. I use one that has beeswax to absorb the oil but I dont remember the name off the top my head and Im not at home. As far as facial moisturizers go if you have oily skin then you want a moisturizer that A) doesnt have oil B) will keep your skin from drying. Clinique is the best I found and I tried lots. And $25 for a 3 month supply is a pretty good price.
FreddyJeffery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 FreddyJeffery
[QUOTE="thegerg"][QUOTE="FreddyJeffery"][QUOTE="thegerg"] Then do a little of your own research and figure it out. Otherwise, do the smart thing about this medical issue and take her to a medical professional.

Which I already did, and I already did.

Then take the doctors advice.

She never told me what he said.
FreddyJeffery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 FreddyJeffery
[QUOTE="FreddyJeffery"][QUOTE="Diablo-B"]

Diablo-B

I didnt say oil removing cream, I said oil removing facial wash. I use one without salycic acid or benzyl peroxide cause those are too strong for me. I use one that has beeswax to absorb the oil but I dont remember the name off the top my head and Im not at home. As far as facial moisturizers go if you have oily skin then you want a moisturizer that A) doesnt have oil B) will keep your skin from drying. Clinique is the best I found and I tried lots. And $25 for a 3 month supply is a pretty good price.

So you can get that at about any store that sells cleansers? Because $25 sounds like a steal.
Diablo-B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Diablo-B
For the facial wash yea, that would be like $7 - $8 (sadly I can't remember the name till I get home). For the Moisturizer "Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion", only certain department store have it like Macy's. I usually order mine from online at Clinique.com
tempertress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#40 tempertress
Member since 2012 • 1131 Posts

[QUOTE="FreddyJeffery"][QUOTE="psymon100"] Except its only blackheads.psymon100

Dude, just take her to a doctor - don't ask the internet for medical or dermatological advice.
BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 BossPerson
Member since 2011 • 9177 Posts
[QUOTE="FreddyJeffery"][QUOTE="themajormayor"]What do you mean black spots? Like a mole, a blackhead or what? themajormayor

its satisfying squeezing out those motherfvckers
FreddyJeffery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 FreddyJeffery
For the facial wash yea, that would be like $7 - $8 (sadly I can't remember the name till I get home). For the Moisturizer "Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion", only certain department store have it like Macy's. I usually order mine from online at Clinique.comDiablo-B
Oh one of those rare kinds. Cause I actually forgot Macy's existed until you said it. although in my area men aren't usually seen walking in their.
FreddyJeffery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 FreddyJeffery
For the facial wash yea, that would be like $7 - $8 (sadly I can't remember the name till I get home). For the Moisturizer "Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion", only certain department store have it like Macy's. I usually order mine from online at Clinique.comDiablo-B
Oh one of those rare kinds. Cause I actually forgot Macy's existed until you said it. although in my area men aren't usually seen walking in their.