Help on finding Stolen Xbox360...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ZnLRyDa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 ZnLRyDa
Member since 2006 • 623 Posts

Its registered, and i've Notify the Local Police. And I've called xbox live. xbox LIve told me to call my Local PD. and my local PD just told me I need to call xbox live.

Do any of you know if its possiable for them to trace the last known IP adress that was used to log into my live acct? Help please...my homewas broken into. I would liketo know if thisits possible to track them.

jubino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 jubino
Member since 2005 • 6265 Posts

Sounds like neither MS or the PD want to take responsibility and help you. I'd keep calling and pestering both until you get some answers.

FragStains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 FragStains
Member since 2003 • 20668 Posts
I would wish that finding a video game system that was stolen during a home invasion would be my biggest problem after something like that happens. It's a few hundred bucks...don't waste all your time and energy on something so trivial.
cornholio157

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 cornholio157
Member since 2005 • 4603 Posts

if they or whoever buys it actually uses your account then they probably could, but if they delete yours and make a new one then probly not. they probly will delete yours for several reasons

1 they know if they use yours they could be traced.

2 they sell it to a gamestop store who then clears the HDD

3 whoever they sell it to, or buys it from gamestop or a pawn shop(if the HDD wasnt cleared) might clear it

it could even be used for parts to repair someone elses 360

i dont mean to sound negative but its a longshot that youll get it back with all your stuff or even get it backat all, if they got away cleanly thats probly gonna be one of the first items to go. only other hope is to track the serial number, check local gamestops or pawn shops or even microsoft maybe could look for the serial activating a new account. as long as you have proof its yoursby the serial number they have to give it back if it was stolen

TheSystemLord1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 TheSystemLord1
Member since 2006 • 7786 Posts
[QUOTE="FragStains"]I would wish that finding a video game system that was stolen during a home invasion would be my biggest problem after something like that happens. It's a few hundred bucks...don't waste all your time and energy on something so trivial.

But he had over 20,000 gamerscore!
ZnLRyDa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ZnLRyDa

Xbox live said that its not possible to trace the IP adress because they don't keep records of IP address that are used to access live. WTF? that seems like some BS. And my PD told me that they would need a search warrarnt to gain acess to something like that.

spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#7 spazzx625
Member since 2004 • 43433 Posts
The best thing to do is call all places in your area that take trades for systems and see if that serial number has been traded in. You can just recover your gamertag to a new console, that's not really that big of a deal.
ZnLRyDa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ZnLRyDa
I would wish that finding a video game system that was stolen during a home invasion would be my biggest problem after something like that happens. It's a few hundred bucks...don't waste all your time and energy on something so trivial.FragStains
a few hundred bucks? you make it seem like that was the only thing they took...
spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 spazzx625
[QUOTE="FragStains"]I would wish that finding a video game system that was stolen during a home invasion would be my biggest problem after something like that happens. It's a few hundred bucks...don't waste all your time and energy on something so trivial.ZnLRyDa

It's the only thing that you've said was taken...:?
Dman0017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Dman0017
Member since 2007 • 4640 Posts
[QUOTE="FragStains"]I would wish that finding a video game system that was stolen during a home invasion would be my biggest problem after something like that happens. It's a few hundred bucks...don't waste all your time and energy on something so trivial.ZnLRyDa

what else did they take then?
RiseAgainst12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 RiseAgainst12
Member since 2007 • 6767 Posts
[QUOTE="TheSystemLord1"][QUOTE="FragStains"]I would wish that finding a video game system that was stolen during a home invasion would be my biggest problem after something like that happens. It's a few hundred bucks...don't waste all your time and energy on something so trivial.

But he had over 20,000 gamerscore!

Things just got serious.
ZnLRyDa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ZnLRyDa

i have ins. i could care less about the xbox now, What I'm after are the thiefs....

spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 spazzx625

i have ins. i could care less about the xbox now, What I'm after are the thiefs....

ZnLRyDa
So...Assuming you could track them based on the IP of your Xbox (which is not only unrealistic, but assuming they don't sell it or go online at all :|)... What are you going to do?
GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

ZnLRyDa
use Mangekyo SHaringan and bam you will find it.
ZnLRyDa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ZnLRyDa

[QUOTE="ZnLRyDa"]

spazzx625

So...Assuming you could track them based on the IP of your Xbox (which is not only unrealistic, but assuming they don't sell it or go online at all :|)... What are you going to do?

they have sign onto xbox live....so since they did that, wouldn't their IP address be recored and microsoft should be able to find this out?

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#16 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
Well, I would think that the console sends the serial number info to MS when it logs on to XBL, so even if this person used a different account to sign in, the console would still be recognized. If this person does indeed sign on with the machine, I think MS would be able to find it if they really wanted to.
spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 spazzx625

they have sign onto xbox live....so since they did that, wouldn't their IP address be recored and microsoft should be able to find this out?

ZnLRyDa
No, Microsoft isn't going to track IP addresses.