Help me pick some DJ HEADPHONES

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jachichorro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jachichorro
Member since 2004 • 3058 Posts

Need help picking some DJ headphones. Looking for something under 200 dollars. Getting it online so I will not be able to try them before hand. If you have had any experience with one of the listed below or know of any other good models under 200US please let me know These are the ones I was looking at for the moment:

• AKG K 181 DJ
  • Beyerdynamic DJX-1
  • Denon DN-HP1000
  • Pioneer HDJ-1000
  • Ultrasones DJ1
  • Technics RP-DJ1200A
  • Sony MDR-V700DJ

cru3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 cru3
Member since 2003 • 303 Posts
One of my friends had a set of Technics headphones and they were really nice. I don't think they were the ones you listed, but Technics is always a safe bet when you're looking for DJ'ing equipment. Haven't really had any experiences with any of the others you listed. I use a set of Sennheiser HD 212Pro myself. I bought them close to 5 years ago now and haven't had any problems with them. I use them for parties as well and they've stood the test of time. They do tend to get a bit uncomfortable after a while though as the cushioning is starting to wear off. Using the pictures as reference, I'd go with the Technics or Sony. They look like they'd be the most comfortable and sturdy of the bunch.
jachichorro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jachichorro
Member since 2004 • 3058 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I'm leaning towards the Technics, the AKG or these Audio Technica.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
I have some Sony MDR-500's and they are fantastic.