Help, I am not allowed to play any type of Shooter game!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fortniteXD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By fortniteXD
Member since 2019 • 7 Posts

Hello everybody! My parents(mainly my mom) won't let me play any type of shooter game! Fortnite is my favorite video game in the world and I am not allowed to get it, even though I play it all the time at my friend's houses and watch it all the time on the internet. My mom says that violent video games "Desensitize" people to violence, and my dad just says they are violent. The most violent game they let me get was monster hunter generations my dad let me get that(my mom would not let me get it). I am 16 and have never gotten into a physical fight with anyone in my life, I also love making games and I made a simple fps shooter game in unity and my mom deleted it from my pc! I have asked my parents to let me play many games some of the ones they said no to: apex legends, fortnite, overwatch, krunker.io, and even creative destruction where they float away with balloons! How can I convince my parents(mainly my mom) to let me play shooter games? I have also played many mature rated games before(call of duty black ops 4, halo 4, guts and glory) at friend's houses, and watched many mature rated games(happy wheels, friday the 13th, resident evil) but my parents don't know. My parents specifically dislike guns, so they are more likely to let me play a more violent games with swords than they are a not violent at all fps. Some games that I am allowed to play now are: monster hunter generations, terraria, star wars battle front. Once my older brother who is an adult gave me star wars battlefront 2, and my dad doesn't care if I play it, and my mom doesn't like it when I play it but she got used to seeing me play it and is now ok with just that fps. My parents are WAY less strict on movies for some reason and they don't even seem to care about guns that much in movies, they have let me see: hulk, avengers(whole series), thor(all the movies), the whole star wars series, captain america, and a lot of other ones I don't know off the top of my head. I don't feel like my parents are reasonable also, I am very mature and kind to everybody and I am not violent at all, and they won't even let me play shooter games that were intended for like 8 year olds(my mom would not let me play zombs royale)! Thank you all very much for your help!

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16879 Posts

OT is a board for non-gaming discussions only.