Have you ever witnessed someone die??

• 115 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for DrakesDeception
DrakesDeception

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DrakesDeception
Member since 2010 • 150 Posts

Or almost die? I have. My cousin was sleeping over at my house and in the middle of the night, he woke up, got out of the bed, and then immediately fell down and started spazzing out. His body was shaking like crazy and his eyes were rolled over and he was choking and blood started coming out of his mouth.

It was the scariest thing I've ever witnessed in my entire life. I was freaking out. At one point, I thought it was just a bad dream. Because I just COULDN'T believe what was happening. But yea...it was a terrible night. Terrible. And I felt a bit guilty. And still do. For reasons I don't feel like saying :/

What about you guys? Have you ever witnessed someone dying or almost dying? I know this is kind of a weird/disturbing topic but I just felt like posting this for some reason.

CleanNJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 CleanNJerk
Member since 2009 • 2104 Posts

I witnessed my Gecko die :( Died in my hands and thought she was sleeping but wow, it's hard to tell when a lizard dies lol and my snake died to.

windsquid9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 windsquid9000
Member since 2009 • 3206 Posts

No, but I intend to.

tepni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 tepni
Member since 2008 • 3214 Posts

I'm sorry you had to witness something like that :/

I witnessed a bird die in my uncle's hands. It was one of the saddest things.

He loved that bird so much. He let the bird fly around, and it came back to land in his hands, and started making these high pitched screams. We didn't know what to do, so we just watched as my uncle pet him and tried to calm him down. And just like that, she died. We all cried in silence. I felt so bad. It was horrible.

Big_Bad_Sad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Big_Bad_Sad
Member since 2005 • 18243 Posts
I was at my grandads bedside when he died. Wasnt a highlight of my life.
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58528 Posts

Yeah

Third year of college I discovered my roommate and friend dead in his room. First encounter with death; I didn't see him die, but he had a seizure in his sleep and died. I woke up, wondered where he was because he was usually around, went into his room, and found him. There is nothing pleasant about touching a cold body. Or telling his girlfriend what happened. Or helping his family pack up his stuff. I remember when I called 911, I could hear my heart beating in my ears...it was like thunder, I kid you not. Not fast or panicky, just a slow and steady BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM in my ears.

Second time was my grandma, I witnessed her dying and her death. It was incredibly peaceful considering she was delerious and suffering for weeks before that. I saw her death gasp, her last breath, and for some odd reason that was all the closure I needed. I felt almost thankful that she died, and had lived such an awesome life up to that point.

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
Hmmm...I mean I've seen it happen on internet videos but I'm honestly not too sure about actually witnessing a death. No I can't think of a single time I've actually been a witness to a persons death. In a way that's disappointing...
wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#8 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts
I went to a pig farm and saw a pig give birth...and literally 5 seconds later that pig crushed the newborn with its hind feet and killed it.
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mrbojangles25

I went to a pig farm and saw a pig give birth...and literally 5 seconds later that pig crushed the newborn with its hind feet and killed it.wiifan001

please keep this image in mind whenever you feel like the human race is letting you down :D

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mrbojangles25

Hmmm...I mean I've seen it happen on internet videos but I'm honestly not too sure about actually witnessing a death. No I can't think of a single time I've actually been a witness to a persons death. In a way that's disappointing...Ace6301

its not disappointing at all. Consider yourself fortunate. I know people refer to it as an "experience" or whatever, or something that everyone "must go through", but witnessing death is not nice.

Crunchy_Nuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Crunchy_Nuts
Member since 2010 • 2749 Posts

I didn't actually see their final moments but I did see someone go under in a river. When they pulled him out he was dead.

Also, I've seen a cats head get crushed by the wheels of a bus.

LOXO7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LOXO7
Member since 2008 • 5595 Posts
I was at my grandads bedside when he died. Wasnt a highlight of my life.Big_Bad_Sad
Me too.
battlefront23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#13 battlefront23
Member since 2006 • 12625 Posts

My Grandpa. I didn't really know him too well, but it was still pretty intense. :/

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts

[QUOTE="Ace6301"]Hmmm...I mean I've seen it happen on internet videos but I'm honestly not too sure about actually witnessing a death. No I can't think of a single time I've actually been a witness to a persons death. In a way that's disappointing...mrbojangles25

its not disappointing at all. Consider yourself fortunate. I know people refer to it as an "experience" or whatever, or something that everyone "must go through", but witnessing death is not nice.

Of course it's not nice. However I am one of those people who classify it as an "experience". I've had to deal the aftermath often enough, it's just the moment I've never witnessed and I feel that a person can experience and gain a new outlook for things. I wouldn't wish death upon anyone but seeing a death is something I wouldn't mind occurring. Also how can I be completely sure death exists if I've yet to witness the actual moment :P
Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
Saw a five year old girl get run over by a semi-trailer when she suddenly ran out into the street. I was standing by the busstop on the opposite side of the road. It wasn't a pretty sight.
shoot-first

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#16 shoot-first
Member since 2004 • 9788 Posts

I've never actually witnessed a person die before. I guess I'm pretty lucky, so far.

my_mortal_coil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 my_mortal_coil
Member since 2009 • 2839 Posts

No, just my mouse. Seen dead bodies, but never someone dying. I think that'd be worse than seeing someone mid-autopsy ...

Avatar image for SuprmanLuvHandl
SuprmanLuvHandl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SuprmanLuvHandl
Member since 2010 • 989 Posts

Yup, I witnessed a murder. It was my first day of vacation in LA and my cousins were driving us to a restaurant. When we got stuck in traffic we saw 2 guys arguing and one of them pulled out a gun and shot the other guy 3 times. ***** didn't get far, someone in another car got out and stopped him. I joked that that kind of thing must happen alot in LA, but my cousins said it was the first time they ever saw a shooting:P

GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 GummiRaccoon
Member since 2003 • 13799 Posts

I saw a pedestrian jay walk and get smashed by a truck. I didn't hang around to confirm, but I am almost 100% positive that he was dead in that all his guts were outside his body (I hear they belong on the inside)

TehFuneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TehFuneral
Member since 2007 • 8237 Posts

Nope, I did not.

TehFuneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TehFuneral
Member since 2007 • 8237 Posts

Nope, I did not.

ssj4_2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ssj4_2004
Member since 2004 • 2482 Posts
That sux yo. I have never had the .. er, honor of seeing anything like that.
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts
I went to a pig farm and saw a pig give birth...and literally 5 seconds later that pig crushed the newborn with its hind feet and killed it.wiifan001
I lol'd. hard.
ssj4_2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ssj4_2004

[QUOTE="wiifan001"]I went to a pig farm and saw a pig give birth...and literally 5 seconds later that pig crushed the newborn with its hind feet and killed it.JigglyWiggly_
I lol'd. hard.

:( i didn't

GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 GummiRaccoon

[QUOTE="wiifan001"]I went to a pig farm and saw a pig give birth...and literally 5 seconds later that pig crushed the newborn with its hind feet and killed it.JigglyWiggly_
I lol'd. hard.

It's also quite common. Most times the sow is in a cage that forces her on her side for the very reason that mother pig is a gigantic murderer.

ssj4_2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ssj4_2004

[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"][QUOTE="wiifan001"]I went to a pig farm and saw a pig give birth...and literally 5 seconds later that pig crushed the newborn with its hind feet and killed it.GummiRaccoon

I lol'd. hard.

It's also quite common. Most times the sow is in a cage that forces her on her side for the very reason that mother pig is a gigantic murderer.

Accidental murderer... right? :(

GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 GummiRaccoon

[QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]

[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"] I lol'd. hard.ssj4_2004

Pretty much every mother pig stomps all of her offspring to death when you give her a chance. Accidental? ehhhhhhhhhhhhh

ssj4_2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ssj4_2004

[QUOTE="ssj4_2004"]

[QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]

GummiRaccoon

Pretty much every mother pig stomps all of her offspring to death when you give her a chance. Accidental? ehhhhhhhhhhhhh

That's so sad...

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I saw a jaywalker get hit by a speeding bus and watched his brain fly out from his head to the asphalt. The whole thing took only a few seconds. But, it's seared to my mind in slow motion.

Suzy_Q_Kazoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Suzy_Q_Kazoo
Member since 2010 • 9899 Posts

My cat died in my arms.

Melpoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#31 Melpoe
Member since 2009 • 3635 Posts

I saw my neighbor fall off his roof, landed on his head.

What happen was, his kids were playing and they kicked some ball onto their house. Then the dad tried getting the ball off the roof by climbing through a window. I saw him fall and immediately called 911, sadly he smashed his head up, and it caved in. I mainly feel bad for the kids though, the guilt must be terrible. (this happened about 3 years ago)

M3ran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

#32 M3ran
Member since 2010 • 686 Posts
yes my grand,dad,he was still alive in the hospital i saw him and i felt really sad,a day later he was passed away,the big thing is the fact that sometimes you fail to understand that the persn has dies and you feel terrible inside,very sad times indeed,i hope your cousin is alive and well...
go_mets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 go_mets
Member since 2010 • 60 Posts

he didnt die but my friend got struck by lightning about 10 feet away from me. Never in my life will i smell something more disgusting

mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 mindstorm
Member since 2003 • 15255 Posts
Though I was not there when he died, I rushed to my granddad's house immediately after his passing. This would have been no more than 5 minutes after he passed away. I may not have ever seen anyone pass away but funerals and the like are not a foreign concept to me. I have personally known roughly 30 people who have died, have been to about 15 funerals, and just recently preached the funeral of my great uncle.
Avatar image for -TheSecondSign-
-TheSecondSign-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#35 -TheSecondSign-
Member since 2007 • 9301 Posts

Not die, but I've seen an old man slowly die.

I didn't actually see him die, but I saw him right before it, and then went to his funeral.

RKO510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 RKO510
Member since 2005 • 2021 Posts

I have never seen someone die (like in front of me) before but I have seen where people were seriously injured and were near death and I was at a accident where the driver was DOA. (Dead on Arrival)

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

I haven't witnessed someone die straight in front of me, but I have seen people have seizures, have seen people slowly die over the course of a week or so, and I have had to prep the dead body of one of those people whom had been passing away for a week or so.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts
My aunt at the hospital.
Atmanix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Atmanix
Member since 2009 • 6927 Posts

Watched my father die when I was 9. It's hard to forget something like that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#40 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

Yes I have. It was by illness.

grape_of_wrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 grape_of_wrath
Member since 2009 • 3756 Posts

All I witnessed was an explosion through the thermal vision and a sense of satisfaction surging through me.

Don't know if that counts. ;D

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#42 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

Wow what a depressing topic :/

Well, I did see a goat die, choked to death cause he was hanging off a cliff with a rope around it's neck... danm. That would be my dad's fault for puting the goat on a 5 meter "leash", leaving him near a cliff. Yes that sounds like murder but a donkey was there and he didn't die :P

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 parkurtommo

[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"][QUOTE="wiifan001"]I went to a pig farm and saw a pig give birth...and literally 5 seconds later that pig crushed the newborn with its hind feet and killed it.ssj4_2004

I lol'd. hard.

:( i didn't

I did!!!! :lol:

Avatar image for tocklestein2005
tocklestein2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 tocklestein2005
Member since 2008 • 5532 Posts

My grandma was dying of congestive heart failure and emphysema. I wasn't there at the actual moment that she stopped breathing, but it was close. She was unresponsive and breathing very strained. It was horrible.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 parkurtommo

What happen was, his kids were playing and they kicked some ball onto their house. Then the dad tried getting the ball off the roof by climbing through a window. I saw him fall and immediately called 911, sadly he smashed his head up, and it caved in. I mainly feel bad for the kids though, the guilt must be terrible. (this happened about 3 years ago)

Melpoe

And he died? :/ thats sad... :(

Suzy_Q_Kazoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Suzy_Q_Kazoo
Member since 2010 • 9899 Posts

[QUOTE="ssj4_2004"]

GummiRaccoon

That's so sad...

:(

Melpoe

And this is even worse! :cry:

unrealtron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 unrealtron
Member since 2010 • 3148 Posts

yes. when I was in sixt grade me and my friends were playing tag. then one of my friends fell down and hit his head with the floor. then he started to convulse. we called an ambulance and they took him away. he died 3 months later because a brain tumor

Kagai13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Kagai13
Member since 2010 • 571 Posts
I didn't. My granddad told me about some deaths he witnessed and it sounded really scary, that, you know... someone is alive, laughs, talks, and then... he passes away. brrr. Seeing something like this would totally break me.
parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 parkurtommo

yes. when I was in sixt grade me and my friends were playing tag. then one of my friends fell down and hit his head with the floor. then he started to convulse. we called an ambulance and they took him away. he died 3 months later because a brain tumor

unrealtron

danm :cry:, I need to stop returning to this topic, TC, lock this topic now!!! ARGH!

Barbariser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#50 Barbariser
Member since 2009 • 6785 Posts

I saw my paternal grandfather's corpse before he was cremated. Looked like he was sleeping.