Have you ever thought about the world we lived in...?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 0

#1 M0wen10
Member since 2009 • 7555 Posts

I mean, where did we actually all start? Its weird, some people believe in reincarnation and God, but some don't. Everyone is different in some way, but do you ever actually think what the earth is and how it was made. Scientists talk about the "Big Bang theory", but we can't just all appear like that, with technology slowly getting better.

The universe is huge, trillions of suns and planets. Do any of you believe in other life forms? I do. Stupid maybe, but when you compare are planet in the entire universe, there just has to be some form of other race, out there. Maye like us, or maybe alien like. Who knows?

Any thoughts? :)

Gin_Tama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#2 Gin_Tama
Member since 2006 • 4640 Posts
I was born. I make a foot print. I die. Simplistic way of thinking of things, and I get to sleep easier.
LK-47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 LK-47
Member since 2009 • 1167 Posts

I always wonder how the first human was created/formed.

_en1gma_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 _en1gma_
Member since 2004 • 14617 Posts

We didn't "just appear".

Believing in life elsewhere is not "stupid maybe"--thinking otherwise is arrogance.

M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#5 M0wen10
Member since 2009 • 7555 Posts

LK-47

Exactly, someone or something had to start it all.

_en1gma_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 _en1gma_
Member since 2004 • 14617 Posts

[QUOTE="LK-47"]

M0wen10

It wasn't just a flash of light and a human appears out of dust, it was and is a complex system of evolution over millions of years.
kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts
we should plant an apple tree on mars and see if it grows
cu_be_cie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 cu_be_cie
Member since 2009 • 1173 Posts

Combinations of different elements allow for the creation of 'life.'

Life is a subjective idea, it's not truly objective. 'Life' may have objective qualities, but 'life' itself isn't anything objective.

LK-47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 LK-47
Member since 2009 • 1167 Posts
[QUOTE="M0wen10"]

[QUOTE="LK-47"]

_en1gma_

It wasn't just a flash of light and a human appears out of dust, it was and is a complex system of evolution over millions of years.

That's your opinion, there's many different opinions/theories out there such as this one.
Nifty_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Nifty_Shark
Member since 2007 • 13137 Posts

I wonder why we are so cruel to each other. It's upsetting.

DrSponge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DrSponge
Member since 2008 • 12763 Posts
The Big Bang isn't thought of to be a huge explosion that caused EVERYTHING to appear. In fact the name "Big Bang" was coined by a man who ridiculed the theory, and the original theorist stuck with the name Big Bang because he found it humorous. The Big Bang explains how the universe was created (not the planets and everything, that comes much later) and there is evidence towards it.
mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mindstorm
Member since 2003 • 15255 Posts

I remember as far back as the 3rd grade I'd be in the library reading about the Big Bang theory. In high school I'd imagine ways theistic evolution could work and I'd wonder if there truly was a God late into the night. In college my belief and devotion to Jesus Christ grew dramatically and ended up graduating with a degree in Christian Studies. I'm going to continue my religious studies into the Mastors level in the Fall. I say all this to simply say yes, I've thought about this a lot.

Because of my studies I believe every event has a cause. Whether the Big Bang is true or a strict 6-day Young Earth Creation is true, I do not believe any of it could come about by strickly naturalistic means. I believe that a non-supernatural means of creation and adaption requires more blind faith than belief in a personal God who guides all that happens. Even if I were not a Christian, I'd still be a theist.

ColonelRadec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ColonelRadec
Member since 2009 • 600 Posts
I always wondered how did we all get to where we are at.
JmanRBS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JmanRBS
Member since 2006 • 394 Posts

Yes I do. But what I think about is our cruelty to one another. I just don't understand it sometimes but I guess its just a part of life and we have to deal with it.

D3nnyCrane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 D3nnyCrane
Member since 2007 • 12058 Posts
I try not to. I like to believe we are all the same consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, and that life is just a ride. I'm not convinced, but on a day when the sun shines, friends are present, and life is manageable, it's what I can almost believe.
SkidRow18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 267

#16 SkidRow18
Member since 2008 • 1120 Posts

i am sure there is life outside our planet, far far away

randizzle93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 randizzle93
Member since 2009 • 416 Posts

I mean, where did we actually all start? Its weird, some people believe in reincarnation and God, but some don't. Everyone is different in some way, but do you ever actually think what the earth is and how it was made. Scientists talk about the "Big Bang theory", but we can't just all appear like that, with technology slowly getting better.

The universe is huge, trillions of suns and planets. Do any of you believe in other life forms? I do. Stupid maybe, but when you compare are planet in the entire universe, there just has to be some form of other race, out there. Maye like us, or maybe alien like. Who knows?

M0wen10

What if god made the big bang?!?!OoOoOoOo

clembo1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 clembo1990
Member since 2005 • 9976 Posts
The answer is a hell of a lot more mundane than human arrogance will permit us to believe.
ryrulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ryrulez
Member since 2008 • 11605 Posts
Well the red shift from others galaxys supports the theory of the big bang theory as the universe is expanding the other univeres apart from andromeda are moving away but it's flawed as we know most things after the explosion but we don't know how it was caused. In addition humans came to exist, if you believe Darwins theory from evolution and survival of the fittest, so animals developed to survive and mate so these changes were passed on and eventually the cumalative efect of the changes caused humans to be formed. This is my personal belief but i know many people who think God did create everything so really it does not matter it won't overlychange anything if we find the true answer.
DrSponge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DrSponge
Member since 2008 • 12763 Posts

[QUOTE="M0wen10"]

randizzle93

What if the Big Bang made God...:O
DarkPrinceXC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DarkPrinceXC
Member since 2003 • 5921 Posts

[QUOTE="_en1gma_"][QUOTE="M0wen10"]

LK-47

That's your opinion, there's many different opinions/theories out there such as this one.

Of course it's his opinion. I thought that was the point of a forum....to share opinions.

fiscope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 fiscope
Member since 2006 • 2426 Posts

The second we stop searching for the answers, we become nothing more than animals. Pointless existence if you ask me.

So explaining something as complex as the universe by saying "someone or something" HAD to have madeit seems like a conclusion without evidence to me. Why does the universe need a creator, but god doesn't? Is it because god is mystical and therefore beyond our knoweledge? Why can't the universe be the same? If we don't understand the universe, why do we brush it off and unsult its complexity by saying god went POOF and there it was?

DarkPrinceXC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DarkPrinceXC
Member since 2003 • 5921 Posts

The second we stop searching for the answers, we become nothing more than animals. Pointless existence if you ask me.

So explaining something as complex as the universe by saying "someone or something" HAD to have madeit seems like a conclusion without evidence to me. Why does the universe need a creator, but god doesn't? Is it because god is mystical and therefore beyond our knoweledge? Why can't the universe be the same? If we don't understand the universe, why do we brush it off and unsult its complexity by saying god went POOF and there it was?

fiscope
Because some people truly believe that God did that?
fiscope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 fiscope
Member since 2006 • 2426 Posts

[QUOTE="fiscope"]

DarkPrinceXC

Because some people truly believe that God did that?

All I'm asking is why? Did they come to that conclusion themselves or were they told by others?

randizzle93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 randizzle93
Member since 2009 • 416 Posts

[QUOTE="randizzle93"]

[QUOTE="M0wen10"]

DrSponge

What if the Big Bang made God...:O

Oh Snap!

*head explodes*