Have you ever had a near death experience?

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45492 Posts

Some years ago I made the mistake of sleeping on my back and ended obstructing my air pipe which lead to me waking up gasping for breath. It was carazy 😬

What about you, OT? Have you ever had a near death experience?

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2  Edited By outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4274 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: I’ve never had a real near death experience. But I slept with my contact lenses once throughout the night. And the next morning I woke up with a very weird feeling in my eyes. Never again.

RatchetClank92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 RatchetClank92
Member since 2020 • 1361 Posts

Had some young fellow almost crash head on into me while he was texting and driving and drifted into my lane a few weeks ago, luckily I reacted In time to swerve towards the ditch, he ended up smashing my drivers side door and spun me around a couple times until I hit a tree. All the airbags went off and my car was completely totalled, wheel, muffler and a door were all torn off. That saying that “your life flashes before your eyes” was false in my case, all I could think was “how is this idiot driving in the oncoming lane”.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

The closest I ever got to death was a overdose not going to go into detail from what but it was pretty damn scary. I was hearing voices I heard my dead grandfathers voice I think and I was also hallucinating out of my mind my bedroom wall was filled with spiders and I saw my cousin appear and disappear next to me. I was pretty messed up for days but eventually came back to reality.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8785 Posts

Been in a car crash. Also, a picture frame shattered very near me. Had I not slept a certain way, that glass would have hit me and at least put me in the ER, choking on blood.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58505 Posts

Very fortunate to say, no, not really. Had one accident on the freeway that wasn't too bad but the thing is about high speed accidents is you might have just been one inch away from flipping the car over.

You could argue that for a good chunk of my life I pushed my luck living obese, but I didn't really suffer any health consequences yet. Still...not many people my size live very long or, best case, live well for long. Good news is I am working on it and I am losing weight; just hope I can lose it fast enough before things take a turn for the worse.

@outworld222 said:

@SolidGame_basic: I’ve never had a real near death experience. But I slept with my contact lenses once throughout the night. And the next morning I woke up with a very weird feeling in my eyes. Never again.

Saw a video once of a doctor removing like 30 lenses from someone's eye . Like...lifting up her upper eyelid and reaching in with some forceps and just pulling them out. It was disgusting but my god, she must have felt so good after that. It's just funny you mentioned it because I saw it not too long ago.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17693 Posts

@warmblur said:

The closest I ever got to death was a overdose not going to go into detail from what but it was pretty damn scary. I was hearing voices I heard my dead grandfathers voice I think and I was also hallucinating out of my mind my bedroom wall was filled with spiders and I saw my cousin appear and disappear next to me. I was pretty messed up for days but eventually came back to reality.

Damn that’s scary, glad you pulled through. Head trips are the worst.

———

Had a botched surgery when I was 20. Surgeon screwed up and mistakenly sliced my subclavian artery open, and I bled out 75% of my total blood volume before they had to tie off my artery completely. Woke up in the ICU so weak I couldn’t move, and couldn’t lift my hand more than an inch off the bed.

Don’t recall seeing any bright lights, tunnels, or anything NDEs are known for, but was told I was right on the verge of heart failure before they saved me.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7035 Posts

Many years (decades actually) I went on some haphazard attraction at Action Park. There were a number of us who got caught under some sort of inflatable thing and I felt as if I was smothering until a hand reached down and pulled me out.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#10 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:
@warmblur said:

Damn that’s scary, glad you pulled through. Head trips are the worst.

———

Had a botched surgery when I was 20. Surgeon screwed up and mistakenly sliced my subclavian artery open, and I bled out 75% of my total blood volume before they had to tie off my artery completely. Woke up in the ICU so weak I couldn’t move, and couldn’t lift my hand more than an inch off the bed.

Don’t recall seeing any bright lights, tunnels, or anything NDEs are known for, but was told I was right on the verge of heart failure before they saved me.

Thanks, sounds like hell what you went through too glad you are ok.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7356 Posts

No, but I was in a pretty bad car accident a few years ago. Traffic stopped on the freeway very suddenly. I just barely managed to stop in time, but the SUV behind me did not. We were the first of five cars to get sandwiched together. Airbag deployed, but I still hit my head pretty hard. My vision had this green, pixelated haze. I felt like I could think clearly, but my body was slow to respond. My 2-year old was crying, so I fumbled my way to the back and got her out of her car seat, and just sat with her in my lap. After a few minutes, someone came to check on us and said they would hold her while I got out. When I tried to stand up, my vision went almost black and I kneeled down on the road. Stayed there for a few minutes, until I was able to stand. Weirdest thing was my thoughts were lucid through all of this, like my normal mind was stuck in this malfunctioning body. Never felt like I was about to lose consciousness, though I'm sure I was close.

My daughter is seven now, and says she remembers the accident. Crazy that she might have any memory from that young, but I suppose it makes sense given the intensity of the experience.

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#12 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 16042 Posts

Yes, I have. In early 2008, I attempted suicide. When I closed my eyes and prepared to die, I saw a bright light that shone like nothing else I have seen (before then or since then). I guess I simply didn't take enough pills, but I think there may have been something supernatural involved. I'll probably never know in this lifetime.

Avatar image for masterkiller103
Masterkiller103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13 Masterkiller103
Member since 2022 • 468 Posts

Yes, it happened very long time ago, when i was 5 my family took me to circus, and when the animal show came there was a about 5 tigers, and there was bars between we and them and there was some sort of a cover and my small body was somehow enough to get throught the bars and the tiger was there looking at me, now he was tamed but remember that he only know the guys that tamed him so he doesn't know me, anyway i wanted to touch him but my father took me back before anything happens like that tiger eating me.

Note: this was very long ago and all details were when my father mentioned it so sorry if it's not that detailed.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#14 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59328 Posts

I was once in a car where a woman was driving.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#15 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3664 Posts

As a baby I was close to dying cause I was born premature at 2 pounds and 7 ounces. Lucky to be alive today and that's the closest to a near death experience.

ArmoredCore55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ArmoredCore55
Member since 2005 • 24947 Posts

Yes, when I accidentally got a quarter stick in my throat for a few seconds, then managed to swallow it afterwards when I was playing with one in my mouth as a kid. I don’t really do stuff like that anymore, though, thankfully.

Masterkiller103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Masterkiller103

@uninspiredcup said:

I was once in a car where a woman was driving.

In that case go to Saudi Arabia, you won't have to care about that happening again there.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#18 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59328 Posts

@masterkiller103: That's very silly and dramatic.

Just not get in the car.

Masterkiller103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Masterkiller103

@uninspiredcup said:

@masterkiller103: That's very silly and dramatic.

Just not get in the car.

Bingo!