Gun Control, Yay or Nay?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tomo90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 tomo90
Member since 2005 • 2245 Posts

I'm from the U.K so we have laws that prevent the carrying or owning of a weapon. I havn't seen this really discussed before much on the OT forums and I'd just like to hear whether the majority of you guys from the U.S agree with the second amendment or disagree and why...

Discuss...

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#2 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
Yeah, I'm kind of for it but it won't stop criminals from acquiring guns since the illegal gun market in America is one of the biggest in the world next to that of African nations
megahaloman64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 megahaloman64
Member since 2006 • 2532 Posts

Nay, It's unconstitutional, and leaves us defenseless from criminals with black market guns.

Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
i'm fine with law abiding and mentally well ppl being about to buy and own guns. but they need restrictions so that ppl with history of mental illness don't get them.
GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 GrandJury
Member since 2009 • 15396 Posts
IMO there needs to be some gun control but not enough to take the guns away from the good resposible people. No matter what criminals will still get their hands on them.
Anarchy4hire82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Anarchy4hire82
Member since 2009 • 828 Posts

Yes, I believe that responsible people should be able to have guns so that we can protect ourselves from the criminals who already have them

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

I'm from the U.K so we have laws that prevent the carrying or owning of a weapon. I havn't seen this really discussed before much on the OT forums and I'd just like to hear whether the majority of you guys from the U.S agree with the second amendment or disagree and why...

Discuss...

tomo90

Well, there obviously going to be limits to any right. That being said, I strongly support the right to bear arms. Gun control. hmmmm. I guess some controls are necessary, others are just pointless infringements. Keeping guns away from mentally unstable people seems like a must. Where I constantly end up debating with myself, is whether or not automatic weapons should be illegal or not.

Anarchy4hire82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Anarchy4hire82

I fully support the right to arm bears...

mirriorman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 mirriorman
Member since 2009 • 1946 Posts

seeing how most criminals have them why should they have an edge?

CyleM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#10 CyleM
Member since 2004 • 2546 Posts

no way

FragStains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 FragStains
Member since 2003 • 20668 Posts
Responsible gun ownership I'm fine with. It's the morons who aren't responsible with them that cause problems.
Communist_Soul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Communist_Soul
Member since 2009 • 3080 Posts

The only guns I support people having are rifles and shotguns both are useful for hunting while all others are made to kill people so there is no reason for them to be in the possession ofcivilian.

GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GrandJury
I am not sure if anybody actually agrees with total gun control here. It would be pretty stupid to take the guns away from the good people and think that the criminals will stop getting them.
GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GrandJury

The only guns I support people having are rifles and shotguns both are useful for hunting while all others are made to kill people so there is no reason for them to be in the possession ofcivilian.

Communist_Soul

Protection? Civilians own guns for protection.

Anarchy4hire82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Anarchy4hire82

"If we didn't have guns around here, then the king of england could come in here and start pushing you around....is that what you want? IS IT?"

+10 points to whoever gets that reference

IbnLaAhad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 IbnLaAhad
Member since 2009 • 1326 Posts

Yeah, I'm kind of for it but it won't stop criminals from acquiring guns since the illegal gun market in America is one of the biggest in the world next to that of African nationsToriko42

mirriorman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 mirriorman
Member since 2009 • 1946 Posts

"If we didn't have guns around here, then the king of england could come in here and start pushing you around....is that what you want? IS IT?"

Anarchy4hire82

SIMPSONS!:D

xTheExploited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 xTheExploited
Member since 2007 • 12094 Posts
Normally I would say yes but I think the USA is in too deep. There are already too many guns in the hands of civillians that it would be dumb to have gun control. It would be too hard to round up all the guns and most people will go to extensive measures to keep their guns, especially criminals. It should have been implemented years ago.
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#19 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts

Anarchy4hire82
I remember that from the Simpsons :P
Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#20 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

I fully support our constitutional right to bear arms.

leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 leviathan91
Member since 2007 • 7763 Posts

Nay. Gun control doesn't work and has a terrible history. I'm surprised to why people even support such a policy when it doesn't work at all.

NLahren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#22 NLahren
Member since 2009 • 1927 Posts
less guns, less criminality and it works how u can see it in eu strong laws and friendly culture, 0 deads example japan bad laws, high rate of criminality and a lot of deads good example usa =>eu laws are great, they save a lot of lifes
Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts

Nay. Gun control doesn't work and has a terrible history. I'm surprised to why people even support such a policy when it doesn't work at all.

leviathan91
it doesn't work in the US because we're really not that strict. in the UK and Hong Kong gun violence is a very small percent of the violent crime. but i know we're never going to go that far so we might as well let the lawful ppl have protection. my biggest objection is when the NRA opposes things like background checks, 24 hour waiting period, and blocking the gunshow loopholes.
Avatar image for wiistation36000
wiistation36000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 wiistation36000
Member since 2009 • 215 Posts

Yay.

Without gun control, you'd shoot like a pu ssy (hey, have you ever seen a cat shoot a gun?) and hit the innocent person instead of the guy robbing Mcdonalds.

Communist_Soul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Communist_Soul

[QUOTE="Communist_Soul"]

GrandJury

So a shotgun can't protect them?

shussub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 shussub
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
In Canada we use guns for hunting, we don't need a 30-06 to walk down the road. Then again we have very little gun crime and not as many lunatics.
wiistation36000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 wiistation36000

[QUOTE="GrandJury"]

[QUOTE="Communist_Soul"]

Communist_Soul

Guns aren't made to kill (people).

Rocket launchers are different though. :(

SamusFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SamusFreak
Member since 2004 • 1932 Posts

Yes, I dont get alot of the people against it. Gun Control = certain guns are a no( Conceilable pistols, automatic weapons,etc) and harder for bad people to get. It does not mean banning all guns. If you are a Good, law abiding citizen and follow the rules and procedures then your going to get your guns, it may take alittle more to get them like a longer waiting period or more things you have to go through to get a license, but your gonna get them.

Im for Gun Control, Im fine with Rifles and Shotguns they have many applications, Hunting, sport, recreation, defense. The majority of the people I have seen **** about it are people who want to have unrestricted, unlimited access to pistols and automatic weapons. The common citizen doesnt need automatic weapons or small weapons that can be hidden. People love to bring up the second amendment. that, like most of the amendments. are Outdated and meant for a differernt world. at teh time it was drafted, there were no permenant standing armies( that wouldnt happen until Nepolean and the rise of Nationalism) just personal defense and Militia( armies werent raised until needed) In the modern world we have national Police forces and a very powerful military that protect us.

GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

#29 GamerForca
Member since 2005 • 7203 Posts
less guns, less criminality and it works how u can see it in eu strong laws and friendly culture, 0 deads example japan bad laws, high rate of criminality and a lot of deads good example usa =>eu laws are great, they save a lot of lifes NLahren
Europe and Japan have much less violent cultures than the US, not even a good comparison. Switzerland has one of the highest gun ownership ratios in the world, and still has very little crime.
Avatar image for Too_tight_shoes
Too_tight_shoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Too_tight_shoes
Member since 2009 • 2486 Posts

Nay, It's unconstitutional, and leaves us defenseless from criminals with black market guns.

megahaloman64
Those guns where made in the same factories, I say we destroy all guns and and the factories. Anyone that doesn't agree should be shot near the spine just to understand were im coming from.
wiistation36000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 wiistation36000

Yes, I dont get alot of the people against it. Gun Control = certain guns are a no( Conceilable pistols, automatic weapons,etc) and harder for bad people to get. It does not mean banning all guns. If you are a Good, law abiding citizen and follow the rules and procedures then your going to get your guns, it may take alittle more to get them like a longer waiting period or more things you have to go through to get a license, but your gonna get them.

Im for Gun Control, Im fine with Rifles and Shotguns they have many applications, Hunting, sport, recreation, defense. The majority of the people I have seen **** about it are people who want to have unrestricted, unlimited access to pistols and automatic weapons. The common citizen doesnt need automatic weapons or small weapons that can be hidden. People love to bring up the second amendment. that, like most of the amendments. are Outdated and meant for a differernt world. at teh time it was drafted, there were no permenant standing armies( that wouldnt happen until Nepolean and the rise of Nationalism) just personal defense and Militia( armies werent raised until needed) In the modern world we have national Police forces and a very powerful military that protect us.

SamusFreak
Don't you think the 2nd amendment was written so that people could also defend themselves from the government incase it became tyrranical? "When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." -Thomas Jefferson I think he hit it right on the nail.
metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts

I'm for stricter gun regulations and laws.

However, the banning of guns in the U.S. seems impractical and unachievable, and thus I don't see the point in it.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

megahaloman64
The 2nd amendment is ambigious at best and open to interpretation.. I think its silly to say that there should be no gun control what so ever.. Clearly some gun control would be beneficial to every one.
Avatar image for Never3ndingLife
Never3ndingLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Never3ndingLife
Member since 2009 • 1114 Posts
[QUOTE="Anarchy4hire82"]

I fully support the right to arm bears...

same here mate
shussub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 shussub
[QUOTE="SamusFreak"]

wiistation36000
Don't you think the 2nd amendment was written so that people could also defend themselves from the government incase it became tyrranical? "When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." -Thomas Jefferson I think he hit it right on the nail.

I agree, Japan, Hong Kong, the U.K., Canada, Sweden, Norway, Iceland, Finland and New Zealand are all run by tyrannical governments since they don't have guns.
dercoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 dercoo
Member since 2006 • 12555 Posts

Nay to gun restrictions on law abiding citizens. Criminals don't care if a gun is banned or not (that makes them Criminals).

Look at a comparison of states.

Strict states: California, Illinois (Chicago), New York.

Lenient States: Alaska, Vermont, Kentucky (my home sweet home).

High crime states: California, Illinois, and New York.

Low crime states: Alaska, Vermont, Kentucky. My county's (odds are a house hold is armed) has a murder rate of 0.

Go figure. Guns are just tools, and tools can't murder.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa
deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#37 deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa
Member since 2007 • 11536 Posts

nay, i disagree with the second agreement

Communist_Soul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Communist_Soul

[QUOTE="Communist_Soul"]

[QUOTE="GrandJury"]Protection? Civilians own guns for protection.

wiistation36000

Guns aren't made to kill (people).

Rocket launchers are different though. :(

Most guns have been made for killing people.

shussub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 shussub

Nay to gun restrictions on law abiding citizens. Criminals don't care if a gun is banned or not (that makes them Criminals).

Low crime states: Alaska, Vermont, Kentucky. My county's (odds are a house hold is armed) has a murder rate of 0.

dercoo
A nuke is just a tool to radiate an area quickly, give some to Iran. Iran deserves tools as well.
wiistation36000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 wiistation36000

[QUOTE="wiistation36000"][QUOTE="SamusFreak"]

shussub

I agree, Japan, Hong Kong, the U.K., Canada, Sweden, Norway, Iceland, Finland and New Zealand are all run by tyrannical governments since they don't have guns.

Did you read any part of that quote besides "guns" and "tyranny"

???

wiistation36000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 wiistation36000
Nukes don't set themselves off son, people do.
GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

#43 GamerForca
Member since 2005 • 7203 Posts
[QUOTE="shussub"][QUOTE="dercoo"]

A nuke is just a tool to radiate an area quickly, give some to Iran. Iran deserves tools as well.

Oh, gawd.. Why does every gun control debate involve the comparison of nukes to guns? :roll:
Free_Marxet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Free_Marxet
Member since 2009 • 1549 Posts
im in the middle.
shussub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 shussub

[QUOTE="shussub"][QUOTE="wiistation36000"] Don't you think the 2nd amendment was written so that people could also defend themselves from the government incase it became tyrranical? "When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." -Thomas Jefferson I think he hit it right on the nail.wiistation36000

Did you read any part of that quote besides "guns" and "tyranny"

???

It wasn't created so people could defend themselves but instead refered to militias as at the time there were no professional militaries but instead during war civilians were called up thus bringing their weapons.
shussub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 shussub

Oh, gawd.. Why does every gun control debate involve the comparison of nukes to guns? :roll:

Both are tools.
wiistation36000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 wiistation36000
It's funny how they serve the purpose of defence quite well.
wiistation36000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 wiistation36000
shussub

Both are tools.

Except one destroys countries in an instant, and one shoots a bullet. Bit of a difference on the scale wouldn't ya say?
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
[QUOTE="shussub"] Oh, gawd.. Why does every gun control debate involve the comparison of nukes to guns? :roll:wiistation36000
Both are tools.

Except one destroys countries in an instant, and one shoots a bullet. Bit of a difference on the scale wouldn't ya say?

that doesn't make a difference, the 2nd amendment clearly says "arms".. And seeing as we have banned things like military technology for the most part in civilian hands, we have thus altered our perceptions on the second amendment.. A nuclear missle is a arm, but there are obvious reasons why its outlawed.
wiistation36000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 wiistation36000
[QUOTE="wiistation36000"][QUOTE="shussub"] Both are tools.sSubZerOo

that doesn't make a difference, the 2nd amendment clearly says "arms".. And seeing as we have banned things like military technology for the most part in civilian hands, we have thus altered our perceptions on the second amendment.. A nuclear missle is a arm, but there are obvious reasons why its outlawed.

But "back then" the only arms existing were guns. Guns still exist though, and they still serve the purpose of defence.