Greetings and Question Related to the Nintendo Switch.

Avatar image for blackacezero777
blackacezero777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1 blackacezero777
Member since 2021 • 353 Posts

Hello Everyone!

My name is BlackAceZero777, or you can just call me Baz to make it easier. I've been gaming for nearly most of my life and am going to school to become a Game Developer. I am passionate about gaming and art, and am a huge anime and Sonic fan. Right now my major obsession when it comes to anime is Jojo's Bizarre Adventure as I patiently await Part 6 to be animated. I've always known about GameSpot, but I am just getting around to joining the community. I don't know how the site is managed, so I am willing to learn and abide to the rules.

As I begin my time within this community, I would like start off with a question and it is about the Nintendo Switch and what Nintendo's plans are for the future: do you think they plan on creating a new system in the future, or just continually update the Switch (e.g. Switch Pro, Switch 2)? To be honest, I'm not sure if it is necessary to make a new system when the Switch seems to be satisfying everyone's needs. It's a portable and a console, it is bringing all of the games people have been wanting to go back and play from each generations of consoles and portable consoles, and it is continually making games that the majority tends to like. I'm just not sure what could be made that would top the Switch as it seems to be very successful. What is everyone's thoughts?

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#4  Edited By Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

@blackacezero777:

Hey, welcome! It’s always good to see a new face around here willing to take part in this forum.

Glad to see your an Anime fan. I haven’t watched any of Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure myself but I’ve obviously heard it’s good.

As for your question regarding the Switch, I think Nintendo will release a new console eventually but it’ll still follow the same structure as the Switch. In other words, it’ll most likely be a hybrid console. I think at this stage it’ll be the norm for Nintendo to base their future consoles around this. It’s a huge success at the end of the day due to it’s portability. So if they were to do anything that strayed away too much from that, I’m not sure how I’d feel. :P

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Speeny

@blackacezero777: By the way, I just checked what games you own. You have good taste. :)

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8427 Posts

@blackacezero777: Hello and welcome,

Just an FYI, we have various boards on Gamespot, and we try to keep thread topics orderly to their appropriate boards. This thread may either get locked or moved to an appropriate board. Don't take it personally, you're still learning.

As far as a new member welcome, drop by the Lounge Thread and say hello!

As far as Nintendo-related threads go, we have the Nintendo Fan Club, and you can find the boards for the other platforms, respectively.

If you want general games discussion, we have Games Discussion.

Now if you're up for going to war with the systems, we have System Wars.

And here, welcome to Off-Topic, or OT for short. Here we talk about anything but games (or politics. No politics allowed in OT).

Hope this helps you with navigating these forums.

As far as your Nintendo Switch question goes: there are a lot of rumors going around about a Switch Pro. Nothing is confirmed yet, so we'll have to wait and see. I think Nintendo should stick with the hybrid console concept, and just improve upon it with future iterations.

blackacezero777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 blackacezero777

@speeny: Thanks for the response! A bit of a tip if you ever get around to watching Jojo: start from the beginning. The series is broken up into its own individual stories (each part is its own story), but a lot of the concepts you may see in say, Part 5, has been built upon from the previous Parts (the main character of Part 5 is a descendant of a previous character even though it is never revealed to him). Parts 1-3 is a continual story because of the artifact that kicks off the adventure and the power it grants those who uses it. Part 3 brings in a new concept that is used for most of the series so far (I say most because it could change, but I haven't seen anything as of yet).

To your answer, I'd say they may go for a Switch 2 (or whatever they may call it). I'm not sure how much it would be pushing the limits of such a console, but I would argue that they should implement something akin to the PS4 and Xbox One. I know that the console can run certain games seen on those systems, but it seems to be very specific, so the best thing would be to make something on the lines of a portable console of those systems. Right now, the PS5 and Xbox Series X/S isn't doing much outside of better graphics and run-time (I'm a bit spotty on info regarding these systems and what they are bringing to the table, so I am very much willing to be corrected), and the PS4 and Xbox One still seems to have a life beyond these new systems, so my bet would be going that direction. We will just have to see, but I have to say that I think the Switch was one of the best ideas they had for a system.

Also, thanks for the comment regarding my games. I have way more but I'm still building my profile, so check back from time to time.

blackacezero777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 blackacezero777
@marleyg4ever said:

how awsum r da chipz

So awesome that by licking the back of the chips, you vomit on contact! For real, they are cool and I am surprised they are doing as much as they are.

blackacezero777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 blackacezero777
@jaydan said:

@blackacezero777: Hello and welcome,

Just an FYI, we have various boards on Gamespot, and we try to keep thread topics orderly to their appropriate boards. This thread may either get locked or moved to an appropriate board. Don't take it personally, you're still learning.

As far as a new member welcome, drop by the Lounge Thread and say hello!

As far as Nintendo-related threads go, we have the Nintendo Fan Club, and you can find the boards for the other platforms, respectively.

If you want general games discussion, we have Games Discussion.

Now if you're up for going to war with the systems, we have System Wars.

And here, welcome to Off-Topic, or OT for short. Here we talk about anything but games (or politics. No politics allowed in OT).

Hope this helps you with navigating these forums.

As far as your Nintendo Switch question goes: there are a lot of rumors going around about a Switch Pro. Nothing is confirmed yet, so we'll have to wait and see. I think Nintendo should stick with the hybrid console concept, and just improve upon it with future iterations.

Thanks for the response. I'm really not offended since I was expecting that I was posting in the wrong area. I will check those out! And to the answer: definitely feel they should just keep the hybrid console concept since it has longevity.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Speeny

@blackacezero777: Thanks for the advice regarding Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure. I usually have a tendency to always start things at the beginning regardless. :)

100% agree with what you stated about wanting a Switch 2.

Going back to the games you have listed in your Stacks, I can tell you’re quite the fan of JRPG’s?

If you haven’t already, I highly recommend you check out a game on the PlayStation Portable titled Popolocrois. An absolute hidden gem in my opinion. The PSP game is basically a stripped down version of the JP only PS1 games. A watered down remake to some degree I guess you could say, with the addition of updated Anime cutscenes and so on. (I’m hoping the original JP titles get translated in some way or another eventually, but who knows.)

The PSP title is the one mainline game in the Popolocrois franchise that’s made it to the west apart from the A Story of Seasons spin-off on the 3DS.

blackacezero777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By blackacezero777

@speeny: Of course and same!

I am! To be more specific: I tend to be all-around with games, so I don't have a specific genre that I play, but I am a fan of JRPGs and typically have more titles from that genre than any of the other genres out there. I have a big backlog of JRPGs that I haven't gotten to because it takes a minute to complete them and I tend to take a break from very long games once I completed them before I start a new one.

Just looked up Popolocrois, I kind of remember this title (I thought you were talking about Pocoloco for a second)! Sounds like what happened with Persona 2, we've never gotten a definitive edition of the game since it is split into two parts. I'll have to keep an eye out for that game because I am not sure if I have ever seen the PSP version. I love the PSP, so learning about new games for it is always a plus in my opinion as it had a great library. I always wondered why it didn't succeed as much as the DS did because the going opinion is that the PSP failed in the States.

One that I would recommend, and this is if you can really find it, is Super Robot Taisen: OG Saga Endless Frontier for the Original DS. Pretty much it is really one of those titles that is not talked about at all, but is really good in my opinion. I hate the fact that the game is not as big as it should be because there is a sequel in Japan called Exceed that we never got. And I say if you can find it because it is a hard to find game, but I do feel it is worth the time and is a pretty long game that will keep you occupied.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Speeny

@blackacezero777: Awesome! I’ll be on the lookout for that game when I get a chance. Don’t think I’ve ever heard it mentioned up until this point. Always welcoming to NDS titles. It’s such a great system along with the 3DS.

blackacezero777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 blackacezero777

@speeny: It's a series that doesn't have a lot of games here in the West. It is based off of the Super Robot Wars franchise (Taisen meaning War Between Giants in Japanese) that is a mecha crossover series. This one in particular is a spin-off and came out way back in 2009. It's one that nobody ever talks about, and it is bothersome that it is barely even thought about. As someone who is a fan of Jet Set Radio and knows how that series isn't as popular as it should be (and I have my opinions on why there isn't a 3rd entry), I've heard more about that than I ever have of Taisen. Now, what I at least try to do is tell people about it so that they can experience a really good JRPG.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Speeny

@blackacezero777: From what I’ve been exposed to, I’m usually not a fan of mecha based stuff, but am totally willing to give it a go. Just checked and that game in particular that you mentioned is quite pricey. Considering the price and my backlog I probably won’t get around to playing it any time soon. But, watching a play through doesn’t hurt. ;)

blackacezero777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 blackacezero777

@speeny: *Looks up price online* Oh....Y-yeah, I was afraid of this...

Best thing to do is to watch some of it to see if it would be something you would be particularly interested in before making any form of investment. If you do, my best suggestion would be to buy it Used because of the price. That price is overly ridiculous, and I am not sure how well Amazon and the like are when it comes to Used games, but definitely buy it Used. There is a place near me called Book-Off, a Japanese bookstore that has games from different generations of consoles. I believe I saw one some years back, plus a few other games I know of that are hard to find, that would possibly be another good place to look at as well. I had found a Used Dragon Ball Budokai Tenkaichi 2 in perfect condition with everything included.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Speeny

@blackacezero777: Thanks. Either way, I’ll keep and eye out for it and if it’s ever at a reasonable price, I might just go ahead and pick it up. Usually will make a few blind purchases here and there. I like to surprise myself. :)

blackacezero777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 blackacezero777

@speeny: You're welcome! I will keep an eye out on Popolocrois. I'm serious, I thought the series was just one of those very niche JRPGs that was on the 3DS. I don't remember seeing the PSP version, but the cover art is vaguely familiar.

Another recommendation I do have, and this is if you are interested in Rhythm games, is DJMAX, specifically Respect as it is on the PS4 and brings all of the games that came out for the series together. Basically think Dance Dance Revolution, but on a controller. From what I understand, it has been around because it was a game made in Korea and had only released there for awhile. The one we got somewhere back before 2010 was Portable 2, which we call Fever in the States. I bought this on the PSP and fell in love with the series.

The only two we got after that was Portable 3 and Technika (PS Vita). I know there's a mobile game, but I recommend these games because they are the more definitive experience. It's not as hard to find and isn't as expensive, but the one I would recommend (the PSP version) is obsolete because of Respect coming out. It's a shame because I believe they said they were not making any more games after Respect. The series really has some good music.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Speeny

@blackacezero777: I haven’t actually played any Rhythm based games except for one of the Just Dance titles. Not a huge fan of that franchise but definitely willing to give others a go. :)

blackacezero777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 blackacezero777

@speeny: This is, I feel, a much easier beast to pick up and play since all of it is on the controller. The only thing about this game that is difficult is that it isn't explicit in what buttons you should use, so it is a little bit of trial and error to figure out which ones are suppose to be used. The game is also based around missions to unlock new music, but from my experience on the PSP (not counting Respect as I haven't delved too deeply into it) is that the guidelines for each mission is very confusing. I'm not sure if it is a translation error, but some are outright not clear at all and guides to help you aren't very clear either if I remember correctly. I also know they want you to do some very over and above things to get certain songs. One that I am trying to get in Respect requires you to, as I understand it, play 1000 songs...Yeah...