DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8772 Posts

Today I had the option of going to a bigger Goodwill or the more practical (and smaller) Goodwill. I was on the hunt for PS3 games and had already been to the smaller one twice last week. Well, chance and circumstance had me go to the smaller Goodwill yet again. But just as I figured, no new PS3 games. So I went to a couple of other interesting spots in the store. Found a Fallout the boardgame for 4 dollars. It doesn't even look like it has been played. Which is best because there are a lot of pieces. It can be played by one player, even better.

That's what I call a good shopping day! Do you have any stories?

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

@DEVILinIRON: I went and bought a laptop last week because I needed one and I splurged on a midrange gaming laptop from Costco... two days later, get a mailer that a better model will be on sale (sale starts today) same price as one I got, gonna factory reset my laptop and go swap it out. First one was a Lenovo Legion with a 10th gen Intel 10750H processor, 16GB RAM, 1TB HDD + 512GB SSD, and a Nvidia 1660-Ti video card. The model I am considering is an MSI, identical specs all around except the video card is an RTX 2070, which is a big difference according to the benchmark sites I checked. Plus the backlit keyboard is cool. Costco has a generous return policy so I plan to go swap it out tomorrow on my day off, it shouldn't be an issue. Seems petty, but this kind of shit is why I gave up on PC gaming some 15 years back.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8772 Posts

So I think I have the timing right for Goodwill shopping. They are putting stuff on the shelves when I get there. As a result I got a board game called Twilight Imperium, third edition, not 4th. Anyway, it's a fairly big box, looks like the pieces are all there. I paid $9.99 for it. Looks like people are selling the 3rd on Ebay from $60-$100 dollars. I'm excited to play it with at least two other players in a 3-4 hour game. I'm psyched!