God is alien, do you believe?

• 125 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

stevoqwerty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 stevoqwerty
Member since 2006 • 4029 Posts

Do you ever believe that God is alien and we thought of him as God? I think God is probably an ultra intelligent alien and we mistaken him as the alimghty, but no evidence so can't confirm that.

Avatar image for YellowOneKinobi
YellowOneKinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 YellowOneKinobi
Member since 2011 • 4128 Posts

Damn you History Channel!

PcGamingRig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 PcGamingRig
Member since 2009 • 7386 Posts

i don't believe in god, but if i did i think he would be a pigeon.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

Do you ever believe that God is alien and we thought of him as God? I think God is probably an ultra intelligent alien and we mistaken him as the alimghty, but no evidence so can't confirm that.

stevoqwerty

Probably? How did you stumble upon this theory?

One of the "arguments", for lack of a better word, for God is that although we believe the universe was created by the Big Bang, where did those particles/matter come from that created that event? God is used as the answer. An alien, however, you would believe that it is a form of life in the universe created after the big bang.

alienlegion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 alienlegion
Member since 2010 • 241 Posts

If you mean that God is a giant alien cat that floats in the cosmos and sends tiny alien cats to earth to record people's deeds and recharge their power supply by way of static electrical friction though petting, then sorry, I already thought of it.

nickz_fpk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 nickz_fpk
Member since 2010 • 1458 Posts

Nope. God is not an alien.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

If god was an alien then sigourney weaver would have to be the devil. So no it's not possible.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cacc9e03b460
deactivated-5cacc9e03b460

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 deactivated-5cacc9e03b460
Member since 2005 • 6976 Posts

God is a spirit.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 tenaka2

God is a spirit.

racer8dan

An alien spirit?

lowkey254

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#10 lowkey254
Member since 2004 • 6031 Posts

stevoqwerty

I'm an alien too, you didn't know? /sarcasm

lasseeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lasseeb
Member since 2010 • 1186 Posts

i don't believe in god, but if i did i think he would be a pigeon.

PcGamingRig
A rainbow pigeon with unicorn wings and 2 glock81's!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5cacc9e03b460

[QUOTE="racer8dan"]

God is a spirit.

tenaka2

An alien spirit?

Well, he resides in heaven, so I guess you could say that.

Netherscourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 Netherscourge
Member since 2003 • 16364 Posts

I would lend more credence to God being an alien of some sort than I would him being some supernatural, omnipotent being that has unlimited power over the universe.

But, either way, there's no evidence showing there is any sort of God at all - either a physical being or some faith-based entity.

So until the world ends in October (lol) I'm a skeptic.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 tenaka2

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="racer8dan"]

God is a spirit.

racer8dan

An alien spirit?

If we are made in god image are we all aliens to?

alienlegion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 alienlegion

Seriously, though, we don;t know s*** about the universe. Science is nothing if it isn't trial and error, and they contradict themsleves all the time, so I have no problem beliveing in a 2000 year old book instead of some dude me the existence of black holes prove God doesn't exist, all the while making money for it.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 tenaka2

Seriously, though, we don;t know s*** about the universe. Science is nothing if it isn't trial and error, and they contradict themsleves all the time, so I have no problem beliveing in a 2000 year old book instead of some dude me the existence of black holes prove God doesn't exist, all the while making money for it.

alienlegion

Change that to 'You' know s*** about the universe'

There is actually an awful lot known about the universe, because you personally have no clue do not assume other don't.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e07bdd20ced5
deactivated-5e07bdd20ced5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-5e07bdd20ced5
Member since 2010 • 629 Posts
i think bender found god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5cacc9e03b460

[QUOTE="racer8dan"]

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

An alien spirit?

tenaka2

What?

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 tenaka2

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="racer8dan"]Well, he resides in heaven, so I guess you could say that.

racer8dan

What?

Ok so we are not aliens just copies of aliens?

Fundai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Fundai
Member since 2010 • 6120 Posts

No sorry. God Is an Omnipotent spirit which means he is everything, not anything. I'm sure God could apear to us as he wanted though. But as far as the idea that Earth and Humanity were created by an alien goes, I think thats a load of Bull, because it was created by God, not some mortal creature that came down and made it :|

Also just a thought; If we're made in Gods form then he couldn't look alien to us maybe?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5e07bdd20ced5
[QUOTE="Fundai"]

No sorry. God Is an Omnipotent spirit which means he is everything, not anything.

+ If we're made in Gods form then he couldn't look alien to us maybe?

how can you be everything without being anything......

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-5cacc9e03b460

[QUOTE="racer8dan"]

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

tenaka2

What?

Ok so we are not aliens just copies of aliens?

Aliens to who?

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 tenaka2

[QUOTE="Fundai"]

No sorry. God Is an Omnipotent spirit which means he is everything, not anything.

kbpyrokb

God works in mysterious ways

Fundai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Fundai
Member since 2010 • 6120 Posts

[QUOTE="Fundai"]

kbpyrokb

he's Everything without being Any one thing (You see, the words everything and Anything have different meanings: By saying hes not anything I mean he's not one Thing, By saying he is Everything means he is All at the same time)

alienlegion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 alienlegion

[QUOTE="alienlegion"]

tenaka2

There is actually an awful lot known about the universe, because you personally have no clue do not assume other don't.

I read Buckminster Fuller, Bear, Bohm, Hawkins, Kaku, Greeneand a bunch of others. I know plenty about the universe. But you're welcome to be apresumptuous douchebag just because I don't agree with you. String theory, the multiverse, entanglement, quantum tunnels, theone dimensional holographic universe, etc. In another 100 years we'll probably have a whole otherview of these concepts if he haven't discarded them already.

So like I said, we don't know much, because we're rewritting what we think we know every decade.

Barbariser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#26 Barbariser
Member since 2009 • 6785 Posts

I've seen absolutely no reason to believe that God exists..... why would I assume that an alien species is "God", then?

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 tenaka2

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="alienlegion"]

alienlegion

I read Buckminster Fuller, Bear, Bohm, Hawkins, Kaku, Greeneand a bunch of others. I know plenty about the universe. But you're welcome to be apresumptuous douchebag just because I don't agree with you. String theory, the multiverse, entanglement, quantum tunnels, theone dimensional holographic universe, etc. In another 100 years we'll probably have a whole otherview of these concepts if he haven't discarded them already.

So like I said, we don't know much, because we're rewritting what we think we know every decade.

So you think a 2000 year old book written by people with little or no scientlific knowledge holds more scientific knowledge then science today? How many of theories you mentioned above are detailed in the bible?

The fact that science rewrites things is the reason why science works, unlike religion if evidence is discovered that shows something is wrong science is happy to change it, unlike the dogma of religion.

stevoqwerty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 stevoqwerty
Member since 2006 • 4029 Posts

Damn, this thread didn't end well. But I want to believe, based on what I "heard" from these aliens nuts on the net, apparently aliens existed and have many different species. Some look exactly like us, and others are like those cartoon aliens "greys". And even these reptilians. And the aliens have their own set of governments. It sounds really really cool. I wish they were real.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 tenaka2

Damn, this thread didn't end well. But I want to believe, based on what I "heard" from these aliens nuts on the net, apparently aliens existed and have many different species. Some look exactly like us, and others are like those cartoon aliens "greys". And even these reptilians. And the aliens have their own set of governments. It sounds really really cool. I wish they were real.

stevoqwerty

It is one theory about the origin of life, aliens seeding planets. We won't ever know unless they come back and say hi it was us.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#30 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Making God an alien to me seems just... defeating the purpose of God as a transcendent Reality.
alienlegion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 alienlegion

[QUOTE="alienlegion"]

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

tenaka2

So you think a 2000 year old book written by people with little or no scientlific knowledge holds more scientific knowledge then science today? How many of theories you mentioned above are detailed in the bible?

The fact that science rewrites things is the reason why science works, unlike religion if evidence is discovered that shows something is wrong science is happy to change it, unlike the dogma of religion.

The universe could be an illusion, the human mind is capable of replicating any experience, conventional logic breaks down on a subatomic level.

This pretty much gives you license to believe whatever you prefer to believe in, because it is very possible that it's all a scam.

You sound pretty chained to your faith in science. You know, people pay money to get educated, end up with a specialized degree and write books to promote their specialized field. The scientific community is a shameless money making industry, and they often provide us with nothing that we could live without. Look at how much money went into CERN? What a waste. And these are the people you're putting your faith in?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#32 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

Due to convergence there are no aliens.

punkpunker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 punkpunker
Member since 2006 • 3383 Posts

well this decade, documentaries are filled by theories(like human aliens, 2012) and not facts.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 tenaka2

The universe could be an illusion, the human mind is capable of replicating any experience, conventional logic breaks down on a subatomic level.

This pretty much gives you license to believe whatever you prefer to believe in, because it is very possible that it's all a scam.

You sound pretty chained to your faith in science. You know, people pay money to get educated, end up with a specialized degree and write books to promote their specialized field. The scientific community is a shameless money making industry, and they often provide us with nothing that we could live without. Look at how much money went into CERN? What a waste. And these are the people you're putting your faith in?

alienlegion

I personally have about a 30% credance inBostroms computer sim theory.

I am not sure about the money aspect you are talking about, the main point of all organised religion is to make money. Here is the store from a christian group you may know.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/PublicStore/

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 foxhound_fox
well this decade, documentaries are filled by theories(like human aliens, 2012) and not facts.punkpunker
You mean speculation?
punkpunker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 punkpunker
Member since 2006 • 3383 Posts

[QUOTE="punkpunker"]well this decade, documentaries are filled by theories(like human aliens, 2012) and not facts.foxhound_fox
You mean speculation?

yes

alienlegion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 alienlegion

[QUOTE="alienlegion"]

tenaka2

I am not sure about the money aspect you are talking about, the main point of all organised religion is to make money. Here is the store from a christian group you may know.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/PublicStore/

It's absurd to think that modern organized religion isn;t about making money. I'm not arguing that.

I'm just amused when people (not specificaally you) calim to question religion and then turn to athiesm, meanwhile knwoing nothing about modern scientific thinking, phiosophy and practices. My coworker is an athiest. She told me she beleives in the truth. I started grilling her on some of the things above and she had no idea what I was talking about. In short- she lets other athiests spoonfeed her as readily as some believers do.

alienlegion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 alienlegion

[QUOTE="alienlegion"]

tenaka2

I've read Wolfram's book on self organizing systems and cellular automoata. He talks about complex systems self organizing with only the most basic program.

So, who wrote the program for the universe?Who decided thatstrong and weak nuclear forces dictate the behavior of atomic particles?

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 foxhound_fox
yespunkpunker
Good. :P Because to me, "theory" carries connotation of truth, since I've only ever known the scientific usage of the word, which is an explanation backed up by many facts.
tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 tenaka2

It's absurd to think that modern organized religion isn;t about making money. I'm not arguing that.

I'm just amused when people (not specificaally you) calim to question religion and then turn to athiesm, meanwhile knwoing nothing about modern scientific thinking, phiosophy and practices. My coworker is an athiest. She told me she beleives in the truth. I started grilling her on some of the things above and she had no idea what I was talking about. In short- she lets other athiests spoonfeed her as readily as some believers do.

alienlegion

Children don't need any scientific knowledge to stop believing in santa or the tooth fairy. No scientific knowledge is needed to be an athiest. There is zero evidence for god, this is enough for some people.

alienlegion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 alienlegion

[QUOTE="alienlegion"]

tenaka2

Children don't need any scientific knowledge to stop believing in santa or the tooth fairy. No scientific knowledge is needed to be an athiest. There is zero evidence for god, this is enough for some people.

You do realize that based on the principles of modern string theory that if you can imagine it, there is a good possibility it exists?

If there were zero evidence for God, were wouldn't be having this conversation. Just like if a tree falls in the forest:

We developed ears because there were sounds to hear in our environment prior to our having ears. If there were no sounds, there would have been no reason to develop ears. So if we're not there to hear the tree fall, it most likely does make a sound, based on that logic.

If there were no evidence for God, no one would have had a reason to believe in him, thus there would be no religion and the MAJORITY of the human race wouldn't believe in some form of God.

Evidence for a thing is subjective. There are no facts in the universe, because things can shange. Only computation is empirical. What the numbers represent isn't.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 tenaka2

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

alienlegion

You do realize that based on the principles of modern string theory that if you can imagine it, there is a good possibility it exists?

If there were zero evidence for God, were wouldn't be having this conversation. Just like if a tree falls in the forest:

We developed ears because there were sounds to hear in our environment prior to our having ears. If there were no sounds, there would have been no reason to develop ears. So if we're not there to hear the tree fall, it most likely does make a sound, based on that logic.

If there were no evidence for God, no one would have had a reason to believe in him, thus there would be no religion and the MAJORITY of the human race wouldn't believe in some form of God.

Evidence for a thing is subjective. There are no facts in the universe, because things can shange. Only computation is empirical. What the numbers represent isn't.

'There is no smoke without fire' is not really credible evidence for god.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-5e07bdd20ced5
[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="alienlegion"]

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

is this gonna turn into a chicken and the egg type thing
tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 tenaka2

is this gonna turn into a chicken and the egg type thingkbpyrokb

na, besides its well known that chickens evolved from dinos first :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-5e07bdd20ced5
[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="kbpyrokb"]

is this gonna turn into a chicken and the egg type thing

ok what came first the dino or the egg
alienlegion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 alienlegion

[QUOTE="alienlegion"]

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

tenaka2

Scientists have been using this philosophy regarding the generation of the universe for ages.

Scientist: "Don't beleive in God, he doesn't exist. Believe instead that the universe came from nothing."

Believer: "But that's impossible. Something can't come from nothing, can it?"

Scientist: "Hey look, we just make this up as we go along. Just go with us on this one, okay?"

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 tenaka2

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="kbpyrokb"]

is this gonna turn into a chicken and the egg type thingkbpyrokb

The egg obviously.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-5cacc9e03b460

[QUOTE="kbpyrokb"][QUOTE="tenaka2"]

tenaka2

The egg obviously.

But what kept the egg warm so that it could hatch?

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 tenaka2

Scientists have been using this philosophy regarding the generation of the universe for ages.

Scientist: "Don't beleive in God, he doesn't exist. Believe instead that the universe came from nothing."

Scientist: "Hey look, we just make this up as we go along. Just go with us on this one, okay?"

alienlegion

If you knew as much about science as you claim you would be aware that scientist do not claim that something came from nothing.

Besides the exact same rational works with gods, where did gods come from?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-5cacc9e03b460

[QUOTE="alienlegion"]

tenaka2

If you knew as much about science as you claim you would be aware that scientist do not claim that something came from nothing.

Besides the exact same rational works with gods, where dis gods come from?

Then where did something come from?