Global warming (poll)

• 97 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bsman00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 bsman00
Member since 2008 • 6038 Posts

Just curious what people think on this issue... so man made or is it cause by nature??

swazidoughman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

#2 swazidoughman
Member since 2008 • 3520 Posts

It's a little bit of both.

It's natural, but human activity is a contributing factor.

GodofBigMacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 GodofBigMacs
Member since 2008 • 6440 Posts
A major argument is the melting of the ice caps... Studies have shown that the ice caps have melted not since the Industrial Revolution, but for 2000 years... I'm fairly convinced it's nature, as almost all carbon dioxide in the world comes from volcanic activity. I'm not denying the fact that we do contribute, though.
FragStains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 FragStains
Member since 2003 • 20668 Posts
Human-nudged natural occurrence.
quadraleap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 quadraleap
Member since 2004 • 36581 Posts

While it might be in the realm of natural cycles, I would say we have an influence to some degree. Both would be my uneducated guess.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts
Maybe a little bit from Human, but it's not near as much as we think. It's just another cycle of heating and cooling. but is intensified slightly by our impact. But it's a political stance that has blown it way out of proportion. It's not as bad as people make it out to be.
shahchip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#7 shahchip
Member since 2007 • 1282 Posts
Both... The accelerated pace is because of Humans.
kingkui

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 kingkui
Member since 2008 • 883 Posts

It always was happening, but humans sped it up

Wolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Wolls
Member since 2005 • 19119 Posts

My god what the hel have you guys been smoking its 99.9999% man made, like you know those cars milions of pople drive a day, and the power stations providing power to all you lights, computors, TVs etc, those things cause gases that go into the atmosphere and prevent heat escaping into outer space.

Dont fool yourselves, Its all our fault just exept it and try to minimize your own contibutions.

XDXDXDXDXDXDXD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 XDXDXDXDXDXDXD
Member since 2007 • 2399 Posts
It's both, but humans are just making it worse -__-
swazidoughman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 swazidoughman

My god what the hel have you guys been smoking its 99.9999% man made, like you know those cars milions of pople drive a day, and the power stations providing power to all you lights, computors, TVs etc, those things cause gases that go into the atmosphere and prevent heat escaping into outer space.

Dont fool yourselves, Its all our fault just exept it and try to minimize your own contibutions.

Wolls

And all those man made Volcanoes releasing greenhouse gasses :x

randizzle93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 randizzle93
Member since 2009 • 416 Posts

it's mostly nature. like george carlin says, the earth has had to put up with a lot worse than us.

Bourbons3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 Bourbons3
Member since 2003 • 24238 Posts
Its primarily man-made.
GodofBigMacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GodofBigMacs

Wolls
So do you have numbers to back up your statements? Volcanos ever since, well, the beginning of time, have contributed to 99.9999% of this carbon dioxide. NOT man-made.
Skeleton--Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Skeleton--Man
Member since 2008 • 590 Posts

It's not really happening thew government is lying to us.

Wolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Wolls

[QUOTE="Wolls"]

swazidoughman

The earth could cope with the releases of carbon dioxide etc from natural causes such as volcanoes but when we more than double the amount of green house gasses produced thats when we messed up.

you only have to look at places like china to see what we have done.

swazidoughman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 swazidoughman

[QUOTE="swazidoughman"]

[QUOTE="Wolls"]

Wolls

The earth could cope with the releases of carbon dioxide etc from natural causes such as volcanoes but when we more than double the amount of green house gasses produced thats when we messed up.

you only have to look at places like china to see what we have done.

Smog and Global warming are two completely different things btw.

Human's aren't doubling, but we are contributing.

Wolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Wolls

[QUOTE="Wolls"]

GodofBigMacs

So do you have numbers to back up your statements? Volcanos ever since, well, the beginning of time, have contributed to 99.9999% of this carbon dioxide. NOT man-made.

Now i know these are only rough estimates but theres certainly a corrillation.

Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Link256
Member since 2005 • 29195 Posts

What are you talking about? Global warming is a hoax!

/sarcasm

BumFluff122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 BumFluff122
Member since 2004 • 14853 Posts

Human doings are the main cause of global warming around the globe. From cutting down trees to the emmission of CO2 particles from our industries and cars it creates a sort of web that can't be snapped out of. As temperature rises due to humans infestations such as Pine Beetles move further northward to formerly cold areas. Pine Beetles Larvae can not last in cold areas and usually dies. As the Earth heats up they begin moving northward during the summer months and begin devastating trees and forests thereby killing them and increasing the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere. Yes it is due to humans.

swazidoughman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 swazidoughman

[QUOTE="GodofBigMacs"][QUOTE="Wolls"]

Wolls

Oh my xenu.

That chart shows a slight increase in temperature and is made to look like there's a huge change.

Humans are contributing, but IT'S A NATURAL PROCESS you silly goose.

BumFluff122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BumFluff122

[QUOTE="Wolls"]

GodofBigMacs

This is a huge misconception brought on by the industrial lobby. In reality human actions have contributed far more CO2 to the atmosphere than any sort of volcano has. Volcanoes release 130 million tons of CO2 into the atmosphere yearly. Human actions release just under 30 billion tons of CO2 into the atmosphere yearly. Numbers taken from the US Geological Survey site. Click on the 'Effects' tab. Human activities release more than 130 times the amount of CO2 into the atmosphere than volcanoes do.

MikeLirette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23 MikeLirette
Member since 2005 • 4697 Posts
I think it's a bit of both, I'm sure people have said the same. The earth is naturally warming through it's cycles, but we have an effect on how fast it happens.
-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 -Sun_Tzu-
Member since 2007 • 17384 Posts

I'm gonna have to agree with the vast majority of climatologists on Global Warming; i.e. that it is primarily man-made.

CBR600-RR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 CBR600-RR
Member since 2008 • 9695 Posts

It's a little bit of both.

It's natural, but human activity is a contributing factor.

swazidoughman

Yup, this is correct. :P

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38691 Posts
both natural and human assisted.
GodofBigMacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 GodofBigMacs
[QUOTE="GodofBigMacs"][QUOTE="Wolls"] My god what the hel have you guys been smoking its 99.9999% man made, like you know those cars milions of pople drive a day, and the power stations providing power to all you lights, computors, TVs etc, those things cause gases that go into the atmosphere and prevent heat escaping into outer space.Dont fool yourselves, Its all our fault just exept it and try to minimize your own contibutions. Wolls

Note how it went DOWN from 1940 to 1970. What's with that? There was frost damage to crops in the SUMMER, and glaciers in Europe ADVANCED. Now why did that happen? CO2 was most definitely rising in that period, as well. Also, when you look at the US and their temperatures, there has been an anomality of a third of a degree (Celsius) in the past 120 years. 1/3... how little is that? Very.
Lunarblade1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Lunarblade1
Member since 2008 • 123 Posts

I believe it is cyclical. Have you people noticed the new bill that just passed the House. This proposed bill is cap and trade. The government is using this Global Warming scheme to impose taxes on the people and raise energy prices. The government is lying by stating that carbon dioxide is a deadly chemical that is the cause of global warming. Doesn't the sun play a major role in all of this? When that is mentioned they completely deny it. People, they are using Global Warming to further their agenda and impose more taxes. Carbon dioxide is used by plants to convert it into Oxygen, what we breathe in. They want to reduce CO2 levels by 80% in 2050. Won't that be dangerous since it will reduce the amount of CO2 which in turn will reduce the amount of O2? Get ready to hand over billions more to this corrupt government just for breathing.

monkeyd_93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#29 monkeyd_93
Member since 2007 • 6848 Posts
global warming- natural occuring event when the planet is travelling around the sun and the path changes shape to make the earth more closer to the sun more often or further away enhanced global warming- the effects of man adding to the natural occurance and thus speeding the process up
bsman00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 bsman00

I believe it is cyclical. Have you people noticed the new bill that just passed the House. This proposed bill is cap and trade. The government is using this Global Warming scheme to impose taxes on the people and raise energy prices. The government is lying by stating that carbon dioxide is a deadly chemical that is the cause of global warming. Doesn't the sun play a major role in all of this? When that is mentioned they completely deny it. People, they are using Global Warming to further their agenda and impose more taxes. Carbon dioxide is used by plants to convert it into Oxygen, what we breathe in. They want to reduce CO2 levels by 80% in 2050. Won't that be dangerous since it will reduce the amount of CO2 which in turn will reduce the amount of O2? Get ready to hand over billions more to this corrupt government just for breathing.

Lunarblade1

Clapping.gif - (4K)...

BumFluff122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 BumFluff122

Lunarblade1

Might I suggest watching some of the videos on this youtube channel to get a better understanding of what exactly glocal wearming is?

Brainkiller05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Brainkiller05
Member since 2005 • 28954 Posts
Quite clearly it's nature, though if you believe everything you hear on television it's down to humans and what we're doing to the plant is barbaric!!!
Lunarblade1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Lunarblade1
Member since 2008 • 123 Posts

[QUOTE="Lunarblade1"]

BumFluff122

Might I suggest watching some of the videos on this youtube channel to get a better understanding of what exactly glocal wearming is?

Believe me when I say I've seen the evidence and not convinced. Read the bill they are passing. It clearly says that CO2 is to blame for global Warming. What utter crap. Enjoy the crappy economy while you still can cause it will get much worse when this bill passes the Senate and the President signs and approves it. Heres a link to thoughts about the bill from Ron Paul. By the way congress officially works for lobbyists and not the people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVlF_ltkqp8

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#34 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
What is there to disbelieve? That globe, it is warming.
peaceful_anger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 peaceful_anger
Member since 2007 • 2568 Posts

It's completely man-made, OBVIOUSLY!!!

ps3wizard45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#36 ps3wizard45
Member since 2007 • 12907 Posts

man is nature right? :?

bsman00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 bsman00
What is there to disbelieve? That globe, it is warming.Vandalvideo
SO are the other 8 planets... including pluto...
Packt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Packt
Member since 2004 • 3380 Posts

Lunarblade1

It's well known that the scientific concensus is that Global Warming is a reality and that humans are largely responsible for it. Your theory creates some questions, thusly:

Are you insinuating that the government is buying out indivdual scientific opinion?Can any scientists be trusted under your theory? Have you no sense of a mans integrity toward his work? These are men of reason and scientific study, do you think the amount of time and devotion to such work could be bought out by the government? At what cost?

The latter is easily answered when thought of in metaphysical terms.

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Vandalvideo
[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"]What is there to disbelieve? That globe, it is warming.bsman00

So global warming is taking places on all the other planets too. And?
MgamerBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 MgamerBD
Member since 2006 • 17550 Posts
Mostly man made but volcanoes and other natural disaters also cause it....
DrSponge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 DrSponge
Member since 2008 • 12763 Posts

Wolls
Nature releases greenhouse gases too...
spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#42 spazzx625
Member since 2004 • 43433 Posts
I think the thought that it is 100% man-made is incredibly hard to swallow. Volcanic eruptions, other animals, solar flares, etc seem like too large of variables to simply ignore.
bsman00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 bsman00
[QUOTE="bsman00"][QUOTE="Vandalvideo"]What is there to disbelieve? That globe, it is warming.Vandalvideo

So global warming is taking places on all the other planets too. And?

that means it not caused all by man.... or are there SUVs on pluto too?
nocoolnamejim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#44 nocoolnamejim
Member since 2003 • 15136 Posts
Climate change is both, but mankind has had a significant and accelerating impact.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#45 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

Its natural. We just accellerated the polar caps melting.

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Vandalvideo
[QUOTE="bsman00"] that means it not caused all by man.... or are there SUVs on pluto too?

I have eight soggy mini wheats on my desk and a big bowl of milk. That doesn't mean I put all eight of those miniwheats into my tasty bowl of milk.
nocoolnamejim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#47 nocoolnamejim
Member since 2003 • 15136 Posts
[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="bsman00"] that means it not caused all by man.... or are there SUVs on pluto too?

I have eight soggy mini wheats on my desk and a big bowl of milk. That doesn't mean I put all eight of those miniwheats into my tasty bowl of milk.

Thank you for being one of the few people in recent memory to find an original way to express the view that correlation does not imply causality.
BumFluff122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 BumFluff122

Quite clearly it's nature, though if you believe everything you hear on television it's down to humans and what we're doing to the plant is barbaric!!!Brainkiller05
Maybe you should pay attention to actual factual stats than what the indutrial lobby tells you. I posted earlier in this thread that the stats given by the US Geological Survey states that humans contribute 130 times the amount of CO2 into the atmosphere than natural effects such as Volcanoes do. Actuall the distribution of CO2 in the atmosphere has risen to approximately 315 ppm (parts per million) from around 200ppm during this century alone. An estimate shows that over 400ppm (or near that) would be lethal to humans.

bsman00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 bsman00
[QUOTE="bsman00"] that means it not caused all by man.... or are there SUVs on pluto too?Vandalvideo

err ok.....
BumFluff122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 BumFluff122

Believe me when I say I've seen the evidence and not convinced. Read the bill they are passing. It clearly says that CO2 is to blame for global Warming. What utter crap. Enjoy the crappy economy while you still can cause it will get much worse when this bill passes the Senate and the President signs and approves it. Heres a link to thoughts about the bill from Ron Paul. By the way congress officially works for lobbyists and not the people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVlF_ltkqp8

Lunarblade1

Politics has absolutely nothign to do with the chemistry and science behind global warming. Why you are bringing politics into this I'll never know. Perhaps you should look at the actual science behind it rather than the politics behind it because if you have actually looked at true stats you would know that global warming is real and is manmade.