Girl Advice...this is messed up.

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BoobDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BoobDude
Member since 2007 • 317 Posts

I have a gf that i cant take to our schools prom. I told her yesterday that i had been thinking about going and maybe taking someone just as a friend nothing more. Our prom is in 2 months. So she was like omg i cant beleive you didnt tell me, which doesnt make sense becuz i had just told her. Then she says that if i take somebody to the prom with me that she will break up with me. We have been dating for a year and 3 months. I think it is really messed up cuz we only would go as friends. What do you think, am i in the wrong here?

PickGlove243

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 PickGlove243
Member since 2007 • 3144 Posts

Yes.

Why didn't you ask her to go with you?

B05T0N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 B05T0N
Member since 2007 • 7051 Posts
Yes.
Scarface_tm431

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Scarface_tm431
Member since 2004 • 10063 Posts
And why can't you take her to your prom?
ajc_176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ajc_176
Member since 2003 • 2595 Posts
Not really

But if i had a girlfriend and she said she was going to the prom with a guy who is "just a friend" id be pretty annoyed

Suspicious minds, we all have them :(
xSIZEMATTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 xSIZEMATTER
Member since 2008 • 7045 Posts
This is the gamespot forums ok? GAMESPOT FORUMS!
WeAreToast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 WeAreToast
Member since 2006 • 2365 Posts

1) Why can't she go to the prom with you?

2) I agree with your title. All of these girl advice threads are messed up.

Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Travo_basic
Member since 2003 • 38751 Posts
Dude, you kinda messed up.
duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 duxup
Member since 2002 • 43443 Posts

Duh?

Think about it from her POV.

Pearl_of_Egypt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Pearl_of_Egypt
Member since 2007 • 4073 Posts
hmm if it were me in that situation and my boyfriend asked me that, I'd probably be quite disappointed that I couldn't go with him but I would still let him go with a friend. there's nothing wrong with that I guess. but then I'd wonder why he would even need a date and not just go alone, I mean, really, why do you need a date at all? you take a date so you can dance with them and stuff, and I guess that would bother me in that sense. so I guess in the end, I'd allow it but it would bother me.
WeAreToast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 WeAreToast
Member since 2006 • 2365 Posts

Duh?

Think about it from her POV.

duxup

Exactly! It's like having a girlfriend and giving someone else a gift on Valentine's Day instead of her.

vash47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 vash47
Member since 2007 • 2171 Posts

It might be old, but whatever:

Blitz_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Blitz_Nemesis
Member since 2005 • 8042 Posts
wouldnt you be pissed if your gf was going to her prom with someone "just as a friend"? i for sure would. you should still go to prom but just dont go with anyone.
BoobDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BoobDude
i would of taken her but i didnt know there was a sign up sheet for out of school dates and the sign up deadline is over now. and i told her i would be fine with it, becuz i trust her and know it would only be as friends and nothing would happen. but i guess her point of view is diferent
needled24-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 needled24-7
Member since 2007 • 15902 Posts
Um, so why don't you take her as your date, and not just a friend?
Avatar image for pintabear49blue
pintabear49blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 pintabear49blue
Member since 2007 • 4809 Posts

i would of taken her but i didnt know there was a sign up sheet for out of school dates and the sign up deadline is over now. and i told her i would be fine with it, becuz i trust her and know it would only be as friends and nothing would happen. but i guess her point of view is diferentBoobDude

sneak her in.

xSIZEMATTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 xSIZEMATTER
ur girl must be ugly or something. If she was hot you would want to take her :P
comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38688 Posts
huh??? if you're going as friends what's the difference?? you both go there and hang out together.. how's that any different than going together???
BoobDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BoobDude

ur girl must be ugly or something. If she was hot you would want to take her :PxSIZEMATTER

did you not see what i wrote up there. and the reason i wanna take the friend is becuz im a junior so i would have to pay 50 bucks and my friend is a senior so if i went with her i would get in free.

Scarface_tm431

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Scarface_tm431
Member since 2004 • 10063 Posts

[QUOTE="xSIZEMATTER"]ur girl must be ugly or something. If she was hot you would want to take her :PBoobDude

did you not see what i wrote up there. and the reason i wanna take the friend is becuz im a junior so i would have to pay 50 bucks and my friend is a senior so if i went with her i would get in free.

Make her split the cost with you...even though the deadline is over if you go and talk to the person in charge of all the signups they'll probably be fine with it

Pearl_of_Egypt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Pearl_of_Egypt

[QUOTE="xSIZEMATTER"]ur girl must be ugly or something. If she was hot you would want to take her :PBoobDude

wait wait wait, the only reason you aren't taking your girlfriend of over a year is because you'd get in free otherwise and that's why you want to take another girl? yeah I take what I said back, I'd be pretty damn mad at you. and don't give the deadline excuse, you can always go and try and talk to them. cheapo.

Blitz_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Blitz_Nemesis
Member since 2005 • 8042 Posts

if thats the case then your girl has every right to be pissed at you.she should break up with you and date me:P
Avatar image for pintabear49blue
pintabear49blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 pintabear49blue
Member since 2007 • 4809 Posts

Eat some more pizza to pay for it.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#25 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58485 Posts

i would of taken her but i didnt know there was a sign up sheet for out of school dates and the sign up deadline is over now. and i told her i would be fine with it, becuz i trust her and know it would only be as friends and nothing would happen. but i guess her point of view is diferentBoobDude

well if there was nothing you could do I think she would be the unreasonable one in this case.

But the fact is you screwed up, and you should pay for it. Before giving up, however, go see the school admins or something and maybe make an appeal. I am sure that if you complain enough and make a polite fuss over the situation they will let you take her. If not, then tough luck...I think you should take her out to a nice dinner and then go dancing at a club or something to make up for it.

Dont worry, though, prom isnt a big deal. Its a dance, only in the basement of a hotel or something and not the school gym. Unless, of course, you know youre getting lucky, then its an awesome night.

Ahhhh high school drama, how I miss it.

xSIZEMATTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 xSIZEMATTER
[QUOTE="BoobDude"]

[QUOTE="xSIZEMATTER"]ur girl must be ugly or something. If she was hot you would want to take her :PPearl_of_Egypt

wait wait wait, the only reason you aren't taking your girlfriend of over a year is because you'd get in free otherwise and that's why you want to take another girl? yeah I take what I said back, I'd be pretty damn mad at you. and don't give the deadline excuse, you can always go and try and talk to them. cheapo.

owned

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts
no your not in the wrong here
Pearl_of_Egypt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Pearl_of_Egypt
[QUOTE="xSIZEMATTER"][QUOTE="Pearl_of_Egypt"][QUOTE="BoobDude"]

owned

your retarded. i was saying if i went with a date i would get in free instead of paying to go single. if i could take my gf i would pay the 100 bucks to get me and her in. but if she cant end up going i dont see the problem in taking a date to save 50 bucks. hell with that 50 bucks i could go take my gf out to a movie and dinner.....OWNED

well then you should have been more clear in your post. and the least you could do is try and bring your girlfriend before just giving up on it and taking someone else. if you try really hard and they refuse you, then go sit down with your girlfriend and explain that to her calmly.

ayanami_rei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#30 ayanami_rei
Member since 2005 • 17115 Posts

hell with that 50 bucks i could go take my gf out to a movie and dinner.....OWNED

BoobDude
Then, why don't you? :| You have prom next year since it'll be your senior year then. You can always do that, you know.
UTXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 UTXII
Member since 2007 • 3448 Posts

Take someone as a friend.

Chicks are so confusing, they seem to forget too much. :|

firebreathing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 firebreathing
Member since 2005 • 4619 Posts
[QUOTE="xSIZEMATTER"][QUOTE="Pearl_of_Egypt"][QUOTE="BoobDude"]

owned

your retarded. i was saying if i went with a date i would get in free instead of paying to go single. if i could take my gf i would pay the 100 bucks to get me and her in. but if she cant end up going i dont see the problem in taking a date to save 50 bucks. hell with that 50 bucks i could go take my gf out to a movie and dinner.....OWNED

i love it how many people still say "your retarded".....................oh the irony >___>

Apocalypse33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Apocalypse33
Member since 2006 • 19413 Posts
And why can't you take her to your prom?Scarface_tm431
yeah, i dont understand that
ExodusV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ExodusV2
Member since 2008 • 440 Posts

Think about what you asked your girlfriend. Its amazing that you still have your girlfriend after that one.

pianist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 pianist
Member since 2003 • 18900 Posts

Why go in the first place if you're only a junior? Just wait. Problem solved.

BoobDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 BoobDude

Think about what you asked your girlfriend. Its amazing that you still have your girlfriend after that one.

ExodusV2

did you read anything that i said above.

Alter_Echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37 Alter_Echo
Member since 2003 • 10724 Posts

She needs to dump you anyway, regardless of how this works out.

KGB32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 KGB32
Member since 2007 • 4279 Posts
have you ever been to a prom before?! IT'S EXPENSIVE AS HELL WTF
BoobDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 BoobDude
[QUOTE="BoobDude"]

[QUOTE="xSIZEMATTER"]ur girl must be ugly or something. If she was hot you would want to take her :PAlter_Echo

She needs to dump you anyway, regardless of how this works out.

you need to quit touching yourself...regardless of how this works out.

Avatar image for blazinpuertoroc
blazinpuertoroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40 blazinpuertoroc
Member since 2004 • 12245 Posts
your a terrible BF...your messed up
g-unit248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 g-unit248
Member since 2005 • 7197 Posts
yes, im surprised she didnt dump you on the spot, why wouldn't you take her??
muppet1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 muppet1010
Member since 2006 • 5812 Posts

Not really

But if i had a girlfriend and she said she was going to the prom with a guy who is "just a friend" id be pretty annoyed

Suspicious minds, we all have them :(
ajc_176

theres your answer TC

jkm3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 jkm3
Member since 2008 • 70 Posts

I have a gf that i cant take to our schools prom. I told her yesterday that i had been thinking about going and maybe taking someone just as a friend nothing more. Our prom is in 2 months. So she was like omg i cant beleive you didnt tell me, which doesnt make sense becuz i had just told her. Then she says that if i take somebody to the prom with me that she will break up with me. We have been dating for a year and 3 months. I think it is really messed up cuz we only would go as friends. What do you think, am i in the wrong here?

BoobDude

Wait wut? Why can't you take her, large mistake being commited here....

-Sniper99-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#44 -Sniper99-
Member since 2004 • 8983 Posts
Listen to Black Metal with her.
DoHo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 DoHo
Member since 2005 • 6570 Posts

I think the Tc is in the right. After 15 months the girl should not be whining so much about him "hanging out" (as that's all it is) with another girl. Secondly, the only reason she's not going is because his school doesn't allow it. It's not like he's gonna' go with the girl, fall in love, get married, have kids and ive happily ever after. It's for image only, as friends, for one night.

She should grow up because there's going to be a lot of other girls in his life other than her.

quiglythegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 quiglythegreat
Member since 2006 • 16886 Posts
If you think that's messed up as far as relationships go, you really do need some advice.
Fortier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Fortier
Member since 2004 • 7728 Posts

You could always listen to some black metal!

Really though, see it from her perspective, or flip the situation and consider how you would react. Even if you trust her, you've gotta admit it would annoy you.

Fortier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Fortier
Member since 2004 • 7728 Posts

Listen to Black Metal with her. -Sniper99-

Damn, I knew someone would beat me to it.

gotdangit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 gotdangit
Member since 2005 • 8151 Posts
Do the ol' Boink n' Bounce.
cheatymcshifty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 cheatymcshifty
Member since 2004 • 718 Posts

[QUOTE="BoobDude"]i would of taken her but i didnt know there was a sign up sheet for out of school dates and the sign up deadline is over now. and i told her i would be fine with it, becuz i trust her and know it would only be as friends and nothing would happen. but i guess her point of view is diferentpintabear49blue

sneak her in.

Or just talk to your freakin principal and work it out.. its not that tough... belive it or not, they can be understanding.