Game of Thrones Season 4 Give the Starks a break.

bobaban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By bobaban
Member since 2005 • 10560 Posts

@SaintLeonidas said:

And

@reaper4278 said:

@SaintLeonidas said:

Thoroughly pissed at the completely unnecessary "character assassination" of Jamie last night. Effectively ruined three seasons of character development and destroyed the legitimacy of any development that is supposed to come from him. Why they changed that scene from the book so much is beyond me

How did it go in the book?

Cersei resisted at first, only because she was afraid someone would see them and not because she didn't want it, and she quickly gets into it even more so than him - as in she actually said "yes" multiple times, kissed him back, "guided" him, repeats his name and how she missed him, etc. It was clearly consensual in the books. Making it rape goes against everything they've done so far with the character and ruins all the development that is supposed to happen (if they follow the book) with him and Brienne.

Really I thought it was better. Good and evil should not be light switch.

Cersei deserved to get raped anyway.

Good episode though, lot of character development.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#102 SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts

@bobaban said:

@SaintLeonidas said:

And

@reaper4278 said:

@SaintLeonidas said:

Thoroughly pissed at the completely unnecessary "character assassination" of Jamie last night. Effectively ruined three seasons of character development and destroyed the legitimacy of any development that is supposed to come from him. Why they changed that scene from the book so much is beyond me

How did it go in the book?

Cersei resisted at first, only because she was afraid someone would see them and not because she didn't want it, and she quickly gets into it even more so than him - as in she actually said "yes" multiple times, kissed him back, "guided" him, repeats his name and how she missed him, etc. It was clearly consensual in the books. Making it rape goes against everything they've done so far with the character and ruins all the development that is supposed to happen (if they follow the book) with him and Brienne.

Really I thought it was better. Good and evil should not be light switch.

Cersei deserved to get raped anyway.

Good episode though, lot of character development.

...it is pretty clear (in the books at least but also in the show) that 1) Jaime, of all the shitty things he has done, DOES NOT rape & 2) He would never want to harm Cersei. So the scene just does not fit his character, period (and that is with or without all that development over the past few season). Not to mention it is completely unnecessary. Didn't add anything to the episode, or really have any point character wise (unless you weirdly enjoy rape beig used as punishment), and if the show follows the book with Jamie character in the next episode, the scene actually diminished the emotional weight and legitimacy of what he is about to do.

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#103 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

@SaintLeonidas: i haven't seen the episode yet and it sounds like a crappy decision. still, i wonder if they plan on using this to make cersei more sympathetic and to add more motivation for her hatred of herself and men (although i guess you could read the last one as jealousy).

in the books, you never really get any of that until book 4 and by then she's gone way off the deep end. like you get the really nasty details of her marriage with robert and you also learn about her dreams as a child. of course, by then she's trying to do what robert did to her to another woman while also ignoring sound advice from her family.

again, i don't like the idea myself but i wonder if their intent was more for cersei than for jaime.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11126 Posts

Great episode. That ending with the white walkers...

There were some deviations from the books like Bran getting captured, Ghost being caged by the same Night's Watch deserters and also that new guy that Jon met in Castle Black must be the one that cut(or aided in) Jamie's hand back when he was travelling with Brienne. The way he was shown makes me think that he'll play some serious part later on...

I was expecting to see some more of Danearys' army laying siege to Meereen tbh. It felt like they took the city too fast. All in all, this episode left me looking forward to the next one.

bowchicka07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#105  Edited By bowchicka07
Member since 2013 • 1104 Posts

Had to bring this thread back. Just seen First of his Name and enjoyed it. Even though it was a little slow the battle at Castor's made up for it with that stab through the mouth and Jon reuniting with Ghost.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#106 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

Kinda feel like the pace is slow , expecting cliffhanger...

bowchicka07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 bowchicka07

@johnd13 said:

Great episode. That ending with the white walkers...

There were some deviations from the books like Bran getting captured, Ghost being caged by the same Night's Watch deserters and also that new guy that Jon met in Castle Black must be the one that cut(or aided in) Jamie's hand back when he was travelling with Brienne. The way he was shown makes me think that he'll play some serious part later on...

I was expecting to see some more of Danearys' army laying siege to Meereen tbh. It felt like they took the city too fast. All in all, this episode left me looking forward to the next one.

Wow man, that ending. At first I wasn't very partial with all these changes from the books but they are slowly growing on me because it's adding suspense in the fact that I actually don't know what is going to happen next on the show.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 SaintLeonidas

I think anyone who didn't like the deviation with Jon and Bran are nuts. After the latest episode everything is pretty much back to square one. Jon is headed back to the wall to continue his story line, and Bran is back heading North. So really, nothing has changed. But in adding the attack on Craster's, they actually give Bran something to do during this season besides just traveling North; and we got a cool little battle with Jon. Both characters development was helped as well, with Jon now possibility going to gain more respect from the Watch (which he needs if the show follows the books) and Bran's decision to not meet or go with Jon shows his dedication to find the raven. There is really NO reason to complain anymore about those changes.

bowchicka07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 bowchicka07

@SaintLeonidas said:

I think anyone who didn't like the deviation with Jon and Bran are nuts. After the latest episode everything is pretty much back to square one. Jon is headed back to the wall to continue his story line, and Bran is back heading North. So really, nothing has changed. But in adding the attack on Craster's, they actually give Bran something to do during this season besides just traveling North; and we got a cool little battle with Jon. Both characters development was helped as well, with Jon now possibility going to gain more respect from the Watch (which he needs if the show follows the books) and Bran's decision to not meet or go with Jon shows his dedication to find the raven. There is really NO reason to complain anymore about those changes.

I agreed. It had me worried for a minute though because I thought Jon and Bran were going to meet up and that would have ticked me off. They really did well in adding that in without it affecting too much.

@Motokid6 said:

Dinklage deserves an Emmy after that monologue.

He already deserved one but I agree (:

Haven't seen episode 6 yet, is it any good?

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@Motokid6 said:

Seriously. That was amazing.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By SaintLeonidas

@Motokid6 said:

I'd give it to him for his stare at the end alone:

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@SaintLeonidas said:

@Motokid6 said:

I'd give it to him for his stare at the end alone:

the subtle smile sells it.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 johnd13

Damn that speech Tyrion gave at the end was amazing. I bow to Peter Dinklage and his acting. I was kinda expecting the episode to finish with the announcement of who is going to be his champion, that would have been even better.

lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 lonewolf604
Member since 2007 • 8747 Posts

Any people from the UK here? What do you guys think about Peter Dinklage's accent?

LordQuorthon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By LordQuorthon
Member since 2008 • 5803 Posts

@Motokid6 said:

@johnd13: Its obviously going to be Jaime. .. er... Oh shit what if Tywin picks Jaime as HIS champion? ( though idk with the gimp hand ) Who would Tyrion pick? Maybe Bronn again? Teacher vs the student.

Not even close.

Cersei will pick The Mountain and Prince Oberyn will offer Tyrion to fight for him to avenge his dead sister which, as you probably remember, was the reason why he went to King's Landing in the first place.

And that's as far as I'll be willing to spoil. A lot of unexpected things will happen on this season.

bowchicka07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By bowchicka07
@LordQuorthon said:

@Motokid6 said:

@johnd13: Its obviously going to be Jaime. .. er... Oh shit what if Tywin picks Jaime as HIS champion? ( though idk with the gimp hand ) Who would Tyrion pick? Maybe Bronn again? Teacher vs the student.

Not even close.

Cersei will pick The Mountain and Prince Oberyn will offer Tyrion to fight for him to avenge his dead sister which, as you probably remember, was the reason why he went to King's Landing in the first place.

And that's as far as I'll be willing to spoil. A lot of unexpected things will happen on this season.

****SPOILER ALERT****

Yeah, I think they send Bronn off to marry and Jamie... well has one freakin hand and a gold stiff one lol. I was disappointed at the results of the trial by combat but ultimately satisfied by the end of book 3.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#122 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

Brilliant acting ! Was shocked at the end !

Can't wait for the next episode....it's getting seriously exciting !

bowchicka07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By bowchicka07

Yeah, I finally got to see it! Peter DInklage is just the man. Those stares and that sarcasm. I really like the guy who is playing Prince Oberyn as well. He is spot on.

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#124  Edited By harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts

From the promo it seems like next episode has the

snow castle, and "Only Cat". :D

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#125 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

@Motokid6 said:

I said the exact same thing after I watched the episode. Dinklage is beyond fantastic as an actor.

SexyJazzCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By SexyJazzCat
Member since 2013 • 2796 Posts

I smell an emmy coming.

bowchicka07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By bowchicka07

So Peter Dinklage stole last weeks episode. What did everyone think about last night's episode? I'm going to watch it this afternoon.

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#128  Edited By harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts

Great episode, but I'm really disappointed by that line change. :/ (You know what I'm talking about).

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#129  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@bowchicka07 said:

So Peter Dinklage stole last weeks episode. What did everyone think about last night's episode? I'm going to watch it this afternoon.

aidan gillen stole it this week though

he made her scream twice lol

bowchicka07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 bowchicka07

@evildead6789 said:

@bowchicka07 said:

aidan gillen stole it this week though

he made her scream twice lol

I knew you would come around <3

@Motokid6 said:

Mockingbird may have been the best episode of the season so far. Every seen was an amazing performance. The best one though? Arya's kill. And I was particularly fond of the Hounds scene as well where he opened up a bit of his feelings. Arya and the Hound might be my favorite pair in the show to date. Can't wait to see what comes of it.

Oh and I LOVED the way they introduced Oberyn's scene and his story about the visit to Casterly rock. They tied that in beautifully with the books.

You're making me want to see it that much more. I will get to watch it in about an hour and I agree about arya and the hound being the best duo of characters. Hell, they were the best on their own as well.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#132  Edited By Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@LordQuorthon said:

@Motokid6 said:

Not even close.

Cant wait for that scene, probably my most anticipated scene for this season.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By johnd13

Dat moment when Oberyn announced he will be Tyrion's champion. I felt hope rekinding inside Tyrion just as he was beginning to accept that his end is near.

Littlefinger is another character I'm growing fond of. He is as cunning as a man can get, carefully planning and executing his moves to an end not known even to us who have read the books.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By commander

@johnd13 said:

Dat moment when Oberyn announced he will be Tyrion's champion. I felt hope rekinding inside Tyrion just as he was beginning to accept that his end is near.

Littlefinger is another character I'm growing fond of. He is as cunning as a man can get, carefully planning and executing his moves to an end not known even to us who have read the books.

That scene when he makes her scream for the second time! lmao

and then that score

pure genius game of thrones

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 johnd13

@evildead6789 said:

@johnd13 said:

That scene when he makes her scream for the second time! lmao

and then that score

pure genius game of thrones

Well nobody's gonna miss her lol, she was a bitch.

I love listening to the end credits music just to let the recent events sink right into my head. God I love this show! :D

187umKILLAH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#136 187umKILLAH
Member since 2010 • 1414 Posts

Seriously Bronn WTF man? For a brief moment I was looking forward to the idea of Bronn destroying The Mountain, talk about letting the side down.

Son I am disappoint.

187umKILLAH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By 187umKILLAH

I wonder what Sansa will do with Robin, the freaky kid is still titty sucking so where's he gonna get his fix from now?

bowchicka07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By bowchicka07

@Motokid6 said:

Well.. Bronn laid out a pretty good excuse. Oberyn will make for a much better champion.

Little Finger... May be the next most powerful man in Westeros after Tywin now. And I think Sansa is in the best possible position. Just gotta hope Baelish is kind to her.

Because if they do become a couple... The new lords of the vale could do great things with that power. But I wonder what will Baelish do with Robin ( Robert in the books ).. father him maybe?

Does Littlefinger come off as the fatherly type? Lmao, hell no! The only thing he is father to is power and he seems to be making all the right movies with all the right people like always. The Lannisters should have appreciated him more and kept him on a tighter leash and a closer watch.

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#142 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts

I hope Arya and the Hound get married soon.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 commander

@SolidSnake35 said:

I hope Arya and the Hound get married soon.

lol

bowchicka07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 bowchicka07

Finally got to watch that episode and wow it was good. They will still not give Jon Snow a damn break lol. All the plots seem to be boiling up for the end of this season such as The Mountain and Oberyn, Mance heading towards the wall, Briene looking for Sansa, and Arya and the hound.

The best parts were Bronn, Jamie, and Oberyn talking to Tyrion. Bronn and Jamie's were really funny and then Oberyn's part was a lot more serious and intense. I love the actor portraying him, he is dead on.

bowchicka07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By bowchicka07

Bumping for new episode. I haven't seen it yet but would love to hear feedback and thoughts.

Apologies, I wasn't aware they skipped a week for the holiday?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

Memorial Day weekend so there was no new episode. Gotta wait until June 1 for episode 8.

187umKILLAH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By 187umKILLAH

@Motokid6 said:

I wonder how many more times the actors playing the mountain will change.

... If he wins that is.

I thought the original was more suitable as he's supposed to be The Hounds older brother and he looked older unlike this dude.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts

So where is Walder Frey this season?

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts