Full Metal Alchemist conquerer of shamballa. weird humonculus'

This topic is locked from further discussion.

anchorboy7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 anchorboy7
Member since 2010 • 156 Posts

just wondering why wrath and gluttony were so different. i think gluttony is a reference to dante's inferno tho

jasopan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 jasopan
Member since 2006 • 2360 Posts
I'm pretty sure Conquere of shamballa came out way before date's inferno
MAZ85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 MAZ85
Member since 2007 • 1094 Posts
did you watch all of the 51 episodes of the original fma ?
testfactor888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 testfactor888
Member since 2010 • 7157 Posts
I'm pretty sure Conquere of shamballa came out way before date's inferno jasopan
Dante's Inferno is alot older than just the video game or the recent animated movie.
DanteSuikoden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DanteSuikoden
Member since 2008 • 3427 Posts

[QUOTE="jasopan"]I'm pretty sure Conquere of shamballa came out way before date's inferno testfactor888
Dante's Inferno is alot older than just the video game or the recent animated movie.

That's an understatement...

thattotally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 thattotally
Member since 2008 • 3842 Posts

Did you watch the series that preceded it?

Deihjan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Deihjan
Member since 2008 • 30213 Posts
Gluttony 'evolved'. That's what...
The_AI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 The_AI
Member since 2006 • 4791 Posts

What.

marcthpro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#9 marcthpro
Member since 2003 • 7927 Posts

note that Gluttony Evolution was considered off-spin it never did appear in the Manga in fact [spoiler] Pride Selim Bradley consume him for lacking of strength [/spoiler]

The movie was still good as it offer something for the unrelated animated manga all i can tell is if you want the True story in english Dub you will have to wait next year it complete it will feature no movie as the story is pure to the manga it end in 64 episode

So far 1 episode per week schedule on Adult Swim From Funanimation i think there up to episode 28 not sure

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#10 Symphonycometh
Member since 2006 • 9592 Posts

I do believe the original anime is just as "true" as the manga. It did come out first, after all. It's why Brotherhood isn't as compelling as the first anime to many people.

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Symphonycometh
I'm pretty sure Conquere of shamballa came out way before date's inferno jasopan
They had anime hundreds of years ago?
Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts

just wondering why wrath and gluttony were so different. i think gluttony is a reference to dante's inferno thoanchorboy7
EA published Dante's Inferno after Shochiku published Fullmetal Alchemist: Conqueror of Shamballa. :|

testfactor888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 testfactor888
Member since 2010 • 7157 Posts

I do believe the original anime is just as "true" as the manga. It did come out first, after all. It's why Brotherhood isn't as compelling as the first anime to many people.

Symphonycometh
The original anime followed the manga for awhile but the show ran out of volumes to convert into episodes as it caught up to the previously written manga and since the manga had yet to be finished it went off into its own story. Brotherhood follows the manga more closely as the manga is now complete.
Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts

I'd sig this but I got modded last time I did that even though I asked for permission. But anyway dude dante's inferno is really really old. As in 14th century old.

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Espada12

Symphonycometh

The problem with the original is that it ended really stupidly IMO.

shoot-first

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16 shoot-first
Member since 2004 • 9788 Posts

Symphonycometh

I'm pretty sure Brotherhood is more accurate as for sticking to the original storyline in the manga.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36041 Posts

Gluttony was because he never stopped eating and had mostly been consuming dirt (although why vast amounts dirt does that to him is beyond me). Wrath is a bit harder to explain. the symbols on the humunculi were Ororobos which is the form Wrath took when entering the gate at the end of the series. Now it doesn't explain this, but my guess is this.

Oroboros are supposedly a dragon that wraps all the way around the earth and eats it's own tail. Wrath turned into an Oroboros because he was now wrapped in both dimensions and thus that was the symbology. Like I said though this was never actually explained nor was the significance of the Oroboros symbol so this is just my guess work.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36041 Posts

Symphonycometh
I don't know about whether it's considered canon or not, but I do think that FMA is far better than Brotherhood. In Brotherhood it seems like the characters have become caricatures of there former selves. The original anime just made the characters feel a lot more like real people.
Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts

[QUOTE="jasopan"]I'm pretty sure Conquere of shamballa came out way before date's inferno Espada12
I'd sig this but I got modded last time I did that even though I asked for permission.

How did the mods manage to justify the moderation?

dercoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 dercoo
Member since 2006 • 12555 Posts

In an unrelated note this thread just reminded me there is another FMA movie coming out in summer 2011.:P

thattotally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21 thattotally
Member since 2008 • 3842 Posts

[QUOTE="Symphonycometh"]

Serraph105

I don't know about whether it's considered canon or not, but I do think that FMA is far better than Brotherhood. In Brotherhood it seems like the characters have become caricatures of there former selves. The original anime just made the characters feel a lot more like real people.

I found Brotherhood to be the most boring anime in existence, and after hyping this series to my friends for nearly a year, I was so crestfallen when I discovered how garbage it was. How utterly mediocre. I felt that way around... episode 35? 40-ish? Before then I was excited for a new story and some answers to certain questions (which consequentially never got answered in those 64 episodes of average quality) and was very happy to start on all the episodes a few months back.

I was on an anime forum until recently discussing the faults that I saw with the anime, and other than the fact that it was rushed (so horribly rushed) non of the manga fans seemed to think there was anything wrong with the anime.

Quite frankly, I felt that if this is what the manga is like, I'd rather take the original anime. There was absolutely no reason for Bones studio to rush the episodes in the way that they did, now an entire wonderful series has been essentially pooped on.

Even beginning to cite all the problems I noticed would make this post even longer than it already is.

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Symphonycometh
Okay I can't quote you all, so I'll just say I looked up the information, and found that I was in error. Mah' bad. :P Now, to discuss Brotherhood. Considering that I'm a huge fan of the original anime series that aired oh so long ago (in fact, it's my favorite anime), I was rather sad that Brotherhood (and the Manga, if it's as "true" as everyone says) felt inferior. Way too inferior. I legally bought all three OSTs to the original FMA, yet listening to Brotherhood's score would seem like an overall "meh" (Except for two tracks that I find hauntingly amazing), the plot didn't offer anything crazy original either, compared to the original series at least. I would have vastly preferred it if they had just continued the original series. That was a series that quite literally would have benefited another season. And I don't even watch animes that exceed 2 seasons.
Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Espada12

[QUOTE="Espada12"][QUOTE="jasopan"]I'm pretty sure Conquere of shamballa came out way before date's inferno Hexagon_777

I'd sig this but I got modded last time I did that even though I asked for permission.

How did the mods manage to justify the moderation?

Didn't bother with it. I don't fight moderations anymore.

marcthpro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#24 marcthpro
Member since 2003 • 7927 Posts

But don't you notice Brotherhood is Quite Darker Then the spin off ? The Original Anime FMA was not Hiromu Arakawa work after episode 13 mostly everything so different after that if you compare episode but i agree that FMA Original Character Didd seem more alive and it rushed a bit but i still like how it animated my favorite manga with the real story rather then some pseudo Humonculus boss called Dante and Hohenheim of Light Being the Origin of the 7 Sins [spoiler] it father the origins of the sin albeit both appear close to have being born 400 year ago there a major difference [/spoiler]

Although if back there the manga was far ahead example One piece / Naruto it would not have to follow this lead they serialized a series a little too soon so after episode 13 the Anime Writer Shō Aikawa could not come up with the Story of Hiromu Arakawa so he couldn't follow the manga and they basically ad to make a whole new story

Hiromu Arakawa did take time to release the whole thing so it was impossible to release Brotherhood before the manga ad actually taken 70% of it Lifespan so there was no possible the original series to bring a new season so they made a movie conqueror of shambala where it say they go [spoiler] real earth while there no such thing as a real earth in Manga so there here not a gate that open a gate to the real 19th century where they did invent nuclear bomb earlier [/spoiler]

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#25 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
the plot didn't offer anything crazy original either, compared to the original series at least. I would have vastly preferred it if they had just continued the original series. That was a series that quite literally would have benefited another season. And I don't even watch animes that exceed 2 seasons.Symphonycometh
Maybe not crazy original, but I thought Brotherhood had a more complete story.
Deihjan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Deihjan
Member since 2008 • 30213 Posts
[QUOTE="Symphonycometh"] the plot didn't offer anything crazy original either, compared to the original series at least. I would have vastly preferred it if they had just continued the original series. That was a series that quite literally would have benefited another season. And I don't even watch animes that exceed 2 seasons.BranKetra

Brotherhood and the manga follows eachother so closely because the manga has finished the plot on the 22nd November this year, while the original anime was being pumped out while the manga wasn't even halfway finished.
Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Symphonycometh
[QUOTE="Symphonycometh"] the plot didn't offer anything crazy original either, compared to the original series at least. I would have vastly preferred it if they had just continued the original series. That was a series that quite literally would have benefited another season. And I don't even watch animes that exceed 2 seasons.BranKetra

Completely complete! (I'm agreeing with you. lol)