Ferrari F12 Berlinetta

• 79 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts

[QUOTE="comp_atkins"][QUOTE="Fightingfan"] Carbon fiber to the average rich folk is plastic >.> Cover it with leather like this.

Pirate700

i'm gonna wrap body panels in leather? also. a customer buying a ferrari could be looking for the "race car for the streets" feel.. being that their racing cars make extensive use of cf, that's what a customer would want in their road car from them.

How does a covered engine bay need the look of carbon fiber though? This isn't the old ferrari look with the exposed/glass cover. Nobody will ever see it. And the kind of person that owns these cars typically don't ever go under the hood.

True. If they want the engine bay to have any point they should do like the F1 and use gold. Gold is the world's best heat shield.
comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#52 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38683 Posts
[QUOTE="comp_atkins"] i'm gonna wrap body panels in leather? also. a customer buying a ferrari could be looking for the "race car for the streets" feel.. being that their racing cars make extensive use of cf, that's what a customer would want in their road car from them. Fightingfan
Ferrari, not you(the buyer) personally.... You do have a point, but if you want a 'race car' the smart thing to do would be to just buy a GTR, or Hennessy Venom GT. GTR being the better of the two since realistically in America you'll never use any of the power outside of a quick launch which a GTR beats this car at.

i don't know what to tell ya.. people like different things. :P i can't understand why people flock to iphones when there are arguably better stuff on the market. people have their own preferences.
comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 comp_atkins

[QUOTE="comp_atkins"][QUOTE="Fightingfan"] Carbon fiber to the average rich folk is plastic >.> Cover it with leather like this.

Pirate700

i'm gonna wrap body panels in leather? also. a customer buying a ferrari could be looking for the "race car for the streets" feel.. being that their racing cars make extensive use of cf, that's what a customer would want in their road car from them.

How does a covered engine bay need the look of carbon fiber though? This isn't the old ferrari look with the exposed/glass cover. Nobody will ever see it. And the kind of person that owns these cars typically don't ever go under the hood.

of course they'll see it. people buying big expensive showy cars love to show them off.
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="comp_atkins"] i'm gonna wrap body panels in leather? also. a customer buying a ferrari could be looking for the "race car for the streets" feel.. being that their racing cars make extensive use of cf, that's what a customer would want in their road car from them. comp_atkins

of course they'll see it. people buying big expensive showy cars love to show them off.

I grew up in a relatively well off neighborhood, and everyone I knew with an "exotic" weather a sport car or a Bently, I would be shocked if they even knew where to refill the wiper fluid. I think you'd be surprised to find most people that own Ferrari's aren't gear heads. The neighbor down the street thought so little of his new Aston Martin, he parked it in the street while his Toyata got a spot in the garage! :lol:

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Fightingfan
he parked it in the street while his Toyata got a spot in the garage! :lol:Pirate700
You've gone too far thur! Don't make fun of Toyota those are truly 'Ford Tuff' Camry/Corollas will last you till your death bed :P
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Pirate700

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]he parked it in the street while his Toyata got a spot in the garage! :lol:Fightingfan
You've gone too far thur! Don't make fun of Toyota those are truly 'Ford Tuff' Camry/Corollas will last you till your death bed :P

I like Toyota. It just seems odd to park it in the street around a blind turn. I had another neighbor with a twin turbo, v12 Bentley, and he'd just cruise around the neighborhood blasting gansta rap. :lol:

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 comp_atkins
[QUOTE="Pirate700"]he parked it in the street while his Toyata got a spot in the garage! :lol:Fightingfan

don't know about that.. my '83 corolla that was my first car was a huge pile of rust... half the door was gone by the time i got rid of it :P
comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 comp_atkins

[QUOTE="comp_atkins"][QUOTE="Pirate700"]How does a covered engine bay need the look of carbon fiber though? This isn't the old ferrari look with the exposed/glass cover. Nobody will ever see it. And the kind of person that owns these cars typically don't ever go under the hood.

Pirate700

I grew up in a relatively well off neighborhood, and everyone I knew with an "exotic" weather a sport car or a Bently, I would be shocked if they even knew where to refill the wiper fluid. I think you'd be surprised to find most people that own Ferrari's aren't gear heads. The neighbor down the street thought so little of his new Aston Martin, he parked it in the street while his Toyata got a spot in the garage! :lol:

maybe true generally. they guy i met who owns the gto ( and a 16M, and a 458, and an enzo ) confesses to not know much mechanically but is more than welcome to show his babies off.
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Fightingfan
[QUOTE="Fightingfan"][QUOTE="Pirate700"]he parked it in the street while his Toyata got a spot in the garage! :lol:comp_atkins

don't know about that.. my '83 corolla that was my first car was a huge pile of rust... half the door was gone by the time i got rid of it :P

But it still ran?
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Fightingfan

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"][QUOTE="Pirate700"]he parked it in the street while his Toyata got a spot in the garage! :lol:Pirate700

I like Toyota. It just seems odd to park it in the street around a blind turn. I had another neighbor with a twin turbo, v12 Bentley, and he'd just cruise around the neighborhood blasting gansta rap. :lol:

Not gonna lie, I don't care for his music, but I wanna rent a murcielago and play this song.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 comp_atkins
[QUOTE="Fightingfan"][QUOTE="comp_atkins"][QUOTE="Fightingfan"] You've gone too far thur! Don't make fun of Toyota those are truly 'Ford Tuff' Camry/Corollas will last you till your death bed :P

But it still ran?

it jogged...
Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#62 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
I'll give my input about the styling since everyone else is talking about it. Ferraris stopped being "beautiful" and "sexy" in the late 1960's (275 GTB *drool*). Through the couple "meh" decades of the '70's and '80's they emerged with more "class" into the '90's. Now they are developing what I call "cutting edge design". It isn't beautiful, it isn't sexy, and it isn't classy... but when I'm spending $300K on a car, I really don't care about how it looks, because it says "Ferrari" on it. Us plebs don't understand what it's like to actually OWN these cars. Very few who do care about their aesthetics or performance. They are status symbols built for the elite, despite also being high performance racing/driving machines. Ferrari doesn't care what we think of them, because we aren't paying for them.
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Pirate700

Back on the Ferrari subject...I still think the Testarossa is the quintessential iconic Ferrari at least in looks.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 comp_atkins

I'll give my input about the styling since everyone else is talking about it. Ferraris stopped being "beautiful" and "sexy" in the late 1960's (275 GTB *drool*). Through the couple "meh" decades of the '70's and '80's they emerged with more "class" into the '90's. Now they are developing what I call "cutting edge design". It isn't beautiful, it isn't sexy, and it isn't classy... but when I'm spending $300K on a car, I really don't care about how it looks, because it says "Ferrari" on it. Us plebs don't understand what it's like to actually OWN these cars. Very few who do care about their aesthetics or performance. They are status symbols built for the elite, despite also being high performance racing/driving machines. Ferrari doesn't care what we think of them, because we aren't paying for them.Zeviander
i don't know... pretty damn beautiful to me.. ( don't know why gs squashed the image...)

ferrari-458-italia-spyder-black-2.jpg

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#65 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61511 Posts

Personally, my pick would be a Nissan GTR, if I were trying to be more reasonable. This will be my first purchase once I win the lottery :P

Nissan GT-R 2012 New Supercar

2012-Nissan-GT-R-VVIP-9-450x299.jpg

/orgasm

TacticalDesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 TacticalDesire
Member since 2010 • 10713 Posts

[QUOTE="comp_atkins"] i'm gonna wrap body panels in leather? also. a customer buying a ferrari could be looking for the "race car for the streets" feel.. being that their racing cars make extensive use of cf, that's what a customer would want in their road car from them. Fightingfan
Ferrari, not you(the buyer) personally.... You do have a point, but if you want a 'race car' the smart thing to do would be to just buy a GTR, or Hennessy Venom GT. GTR being the better of the two since realistically in America you'll never use any of the power outside of a quick launch which a GTR beats this car at.

Oh please you always riding the GTR's d*ck:P.

TacticalDesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 TacticalDesire

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="comp_atkins"] of course they'll see it. people buying big expensive showy cars love to show them off.comp_atkins

maybe true generally. they guy i met who owns the gto ( and a 16M, and a 458, and an enzo ) confesses to not know much mechanically but is more than welcome to show his babies off.

Owns an Enzo??? -j*zzed in pants-

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Fightingfan

Oh please you always riding the GTR's d*ck:P.TacticalDesire
You STFU. That's sh*t launches just as fast as a bugatti >.>

Godzilla owns all.

TacticalDesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 TacticalDesire

I'll give my input about the styling since everyone else is talking about it. Ferraris stopped being "beautiful" and "sexy" in the late 1960's (275 GTB *drool*). Through the couple "meh" decades of the '70's and '80's they emerged with more "class" into the '90's. Now they are developing what I call "cutting edge design". It isn't beautiful, it isn't sexy, and it isn't classy... but when I'm spending $300K on a car, I really don't care about how it looks, because it says "Ferrari" on it. Us plebs don't understand what it's like to actually OWN these cars. Very few who do care about their aesthetics or performance. They are status symbols built for the elite, despite also being high performance racing/driving machines. Ferrari doesn't care what we think of them, because we aren't paying for them.Zeviander

Maybe, I'm not entirely sure that's true. I feel like celebrities tend to ruin the demographic a bit and give off that feel since they buy these cars and are in the spotlight making big entrances and being flashy, thereby skewing the ownership. I mean seriously why does Kim Kardashian have a 458? And Akon can't even pronounce the name Gallardo properly.

Many wealthy non-celebrity people who own these cars often buy them because they've always dreamed of owning one or are seriously into cars. The most common car among millionaires is still a Toyota, so what that says to me is that rich people who aren't into cars still drive regular cars, and it's the rich people (who like most of us in this thread) are into cars, and they're the ones with the exotics.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 comp_atkins

[QUOTE="comp_atkins"][QUOTE="Pirate700"]I grew up in a relatively well off neighborhood, and everyone I knew with an "exotic" weather a sport car or a Bently, I would be shocked if they even knew where to refill the wiper fluid. I think you'd be surprised to find most people that own Ferrari's aren't gear heads. The neighbor down the street thought so little of his new Aston Martin, he parked it in the street while his Toyata got a spot in the garage! :lol:

TacticalDesire

yup.. his collection is ridiculous... supposedly working on getting the f70 when it launches.
TacticalDesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 TacticalDesire

[QUOTE="TacticalDesire"]Oh please you always riding the GTR's d*ck:P.Fightingfan

Godzilla owns all.

My friend's mom has a GTR lmao, I found that out at school one day I was like WTFFFFF. His mom has a GTR and a Raptor rofl. I don't want to criticize the GTR, because seriously it's a tremendous car at a great price, but it's 0-60 is it's crowning achievement. Top speed wise it's not all that impressive, and I've heard the build quality isn't amazing. Some who've driven them also say they don't have that "wow" factor when you get behind the wheel, or see one on the street.

I want to make it clear that I do think the GTR is a great car, but people who buy supercars also want to get behind the wheel and feel lit up. I'm not sure the GTR always does, atleast compared to these ridiculous cars. I'm sure it feels awesome compared to a normal car. Of course the fact that's not some elite Italian brand does contribute to it's lower price, but it's not the only factor.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Fightingfan

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]

[QUOTE="TacticalDesire"]Oh please you always riding the GTR's d*ck:P.TacticalDesire

Godzilla owns all.

My friend's mom has a GTR lmao, I found that out at school one day I was like WTFFFFF. His mom has a GTR and a Raptor rofl. I don't want to criticize the GTR, because seriously it's a tremendous car at a great price, but it's 0-60 is it's crowning achievement. Top speed wise it's not all that impressive, and I've heard the build quality isn't amazing. Some who've driven them also say they don't have that "wow" factor when you get behind the wheel, or see one on the street.

I want to make it clear that I do think the GTR is a great car, but people who buy supercars also want to get behind the wheel and feel lit up. I'm not sure the GTR always does, atleast compared to these ridiculous cars. I'm sure it feels awesome compared to a normal car. Of course the fact that's not some elite Italian brand does contribute to it's lower price, but it's not the only factor.

If you mean the GTR is a sleeper, then yeah you're right. The average person doesn't know what a GTR is, and probably thinks it some sort of sporty infinity, they have no clue it's the worlds 2nd fastest car at launch.
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Pirate700

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]

[QUOTE="TacticalDesire"]Oh please you always riding the GTR's d*ck:P.TacticalDesire

Godzilla owns all.

I'm more into the Raptor than the GTR. :P

TacticalDesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 TacticalDesire

[QUOTE="TacticalDesire"]

[QUOTE="comp_atkins"] maybe true generally. they guy i met who owns the gto ( and a 16M, and a 458, and an enzo ) confesses to not know much mechanically but is more than welcome to show his babies off. comp_atkins

yup.. his collection is ridiculous... supposedly working on getting the f70 when it launches.

Oh wow, thats awesome. He's got some extra funds :P. I feel like if I had that wealth though, well first let me make it clear, I would spend it all on cars not gonna lie, but I'd probably buy varying brands, but then again I've never owned an exotic so maybe you fall in love with the one brand. I'd just want to experience as many different automakers as I could and what they have to offer.

TacticalDesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 TacticalDesire

[QUOTE="TacticalDesire"]

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"] You STFU. That's sh*t launches just as fast as a bugatti >.>

Godzilla owns all.

Pirate700

I'm more into the Raptor than the GTR. :P

They're sick trucks. Their mileage is probably terrible, then again, who gives a f*ck so is the mileage of all these exotic cars :P. Hell my car gets all of 12 mpg lol. If you really like your car and have the money it's totally worth the bad mpg imo.

kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#76 kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts
I checked out a few Youtube videos of this car. It looks pretty awesome. I'd love to drive around with it but it's a tiny bit to expensive. :P
killa4lyfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 killa4lyfe
Member since 2008 • 3849 Posts

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="TacticalDesire"]

I think it looks different imo, but I really do like the Scion TC as far as cheap-average level cars go. It seems like it performs nicely for the price and looks pretty good too.

TacticalDesire

I'm talking about the FR. It loks IDENTICAL...

My mistake. It is relatively similar, but from the side the F12 is a lot longer looking. Imo it kind of resembles an Aston in that regard.

berlinetta01.jpg

Here's a 2013 Vanquish

Looks to be a mix of the Vanquish and 8C Competizione to me.

alfa-romeo-8c.jpg

killa4lyfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 killa4lyfe
Member since 2008 • 3849 Posts

Personally, my pick would be a Nissan GTR, if I were trying to be more reasonable. This will be my first purchase once I win the lottery :P

/orgasm

lundy86_4

The GTR is definitely something. Other than the R8 (which is far more expensive), it's easily the best car that can pass both as good for your everyday life and if you just wanted to hit one of your local tracks.

TacticalDesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 TacticalDesire

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

/orgasm

killa4lyfe

The GTR is definitely something. Other than the R8 (which is far more expensive), it's easily the best car that can pass both as good for your everyday life and if you just wanted to hit one of your local tracks.

I'd also add the Gallardo to that category. It can be a DD unlike it's older bros.