Favorite Thrash Metal Band?

• 76 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Sand_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 The_Sand_Man
Member since 2008 • 6788 Posts

1.) Metallica

2.) Children of Bodom

3.) Lamb of God (Not sure if they're thrash or death?)

Edit: Megadeth isn't that bad too

TheZ3nMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#52 TheZ3nMan
Member since 2007 • 2658 Posts

Exodus, Testament(very underated but awesome),Megadeth and Metallica.

My #1 right now is Megadeth, saw them in concert and they were incredible!

TM_Darkside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 TM_Darkside
Member since 2007 • 3993 Posts
A tie between 80's Metallica and Slayer.
Blood-Scribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Blood-Scribe
Member since 2007 • 6465 Posts
For now, I'd have to go with The Scourger. They're a relatively new band from Finland.
Berzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#55 Berzz
Member since 2004 • 14360 Posts
Cryptic Slaughter. I'm not that much into metal.
MissRiotmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#56 MissRiotmaker
Member since 2007 • 8593 Posts
[QUOTE="SimpJee"]

[QUOTE="Thyeora"]A few people said CoB but, although I love them, I never really thought of them as thrash. I happen to enjoy some good Testament now and again.Rikardur

Me either, I see them as melodic death metal. Or power metal.

I wouldnt say power metal, but EXTREME POWER METAL....suits it better :)

CoB is practically anything. Their sound is unique and covers a broad spectrum of metal.
MissRiotmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 MissRiotmaker
[QUOTE="SimpJee"][QUOTE="Thyeora"][QUOTE="SimpJee"]

[QUOTE="Thyeora"]A few people said CoB but, although I love them, I never really thought of them as thrash. I happen to enjoy some good Testament now and again.Thyeora

That's what I thought. I listened to them back in Follow the Reaper. Such a superb album. It sounds to me like they have begun using some of the methods they used to use on their new album and that makes me happy.

omg really? Have they went back to their old awesome sound? Follow The Reaper is my favorite album of theirs as well.

They haven't entirely returned to that sound but they seem to have combined the heavier sounds of Hatecrew Deathroll/Are You Dead Yet? and the melodic sound from their earlier stuff. I haven't heard the whole CD yet but the two songs I have heard (Banned From Heaven and Blooddrunk) are a great improvement from Are You Dead Yet? You can find the both on youtube I think.

Blooddrunk is probably their thrashiest sound yet. Hatecrew Deathroll was pretty close, but Hatebreeder was probably one of their best non-thrash album.
Blood-Scribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Blood-Scribe
[QUOTE="Rikardur"][QUOTE="SimpJee"]

[QUOTE="Thyeora"]A few people said CoB but, although I love them, I never really thought of them as thrash. I happen to enjoy some good Testament now and again.MissRiotmaker

CoB is practically anything. Their sound is unique and covers a broad spectrum of metal.

Their later stuff feels much more thrashier to me than their previous melodic sound. But yeah, they really are hard to categorize.

Premier1101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Premier1101
Member since 2008 • 13515 Posts
Ministry went from industrial to thrash. And I love it!
MissRiotmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 MissRiotmaker
[QUOTE="MissRiotmaker"][QUOTE="Rikardur"][QUOTE="SimpJee"]

[QUOTE="Thyeora"]A few people said CoB but, although I love them, I never really thought of them as thrash. I happen to enjoy some good Testament now and again.Blood-Scribe

Their later stuff feels much more thrashier to me than their previous melodic sound. But yeah, they really are hard to categorize.

Banned from Heaven and Hellhounds on My trail are awesome. I love their Ghostriders cover. :o
Blood-Scribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Blood-Scribe
[QUOTE="Blood-Scribe"][QUOTE="MissRiotmaker"][QUOTE="Rikardur"][QUOTE="SimpJee"]

[QUOTE="Thyeora"]A few people said CoB but, although I love them, I never really thought of them as thrash. I happen to enjoy some good Testament now and again.MissRiotmaker

Banned from Heaven and Hellhounds on My trail are awesome. I love their Ghostriders cover. :o

Yeah, Banned from Heaven is definitely my favorite song from blooddrunk.

MissRiotmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 MissRiotmaker
[QUOTE="MissRiotmaker"][QUOTE="Blood-Scribe"][QUOTE="MissRiotmaker"][QUOTE="Rikardur"][QUOTE="SimpJee"]

[QUOTE="Thyeora"]A few people said CoB but, although I love them, I never really thought of them as thrash. I happen to enjoy some good Testament now and again.Blood-Scribe

Banned from, Heaven! Banned from, Heaven! Banned from, Heaven! Banned from, Heaven! * epic solo of epicness * Teh best part of the song. One Day You Will Cry is really good too.
Avatar image for GreenmonsterBLS
GreenmonsterBLS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 GreenmonsterBLS
Member since 2007 • 1031 Posts

Exodus, Testament(very underated but awesome),Megadeth and Metallica.

My #1 right now is Megadeth, saw them in concert and they were incredible!

TheZ3nMan

I love Testament's new album, and you're right, they are VERY underrated and I absolutely love Chuck Billy's vocal style with both the clean vocals and the awesome growls. But all that said, to me, Megadeth is the definitive thrash metal band. There isn't one album they've put out that I don't like. Plus, Duke Nukem theme = greatest instrumental ever.

Blood-Scribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Blood-Scribe
[QUOTE="Blood-Scribe"][QUOTE="MissRiotmaker"][QUOTE="Blood-Scribe"][QUOTE="MissRiotmaker"][QUOTE="Rikardur"][QUOTE="SimpJee"]

Banned from, Heaven! Banned from, Heaven! Banned from, Heaven! Banned from, Heaven! * epic solo of epicness * Teh best part of the song. One Day You Will Cry is really good too.

Yeah, I really like this album, though I will admit that I miss a lot of sounds that they had going in Hatebreeder and Something Wild, and most of all, Follow The Reaper. Hate Me! and Mask of Sanity are some of the best damn Melodic Death Metal songs I've ever listened to.

clock_of_omens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 clock_of_omens
Member since 2005 • 5595 Posts
metallica
MissRiotmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 MissRiotmaker
[QUOTE="MissRiotmaker"][QUOTE="Blood-Scribe"][QUOTE="MissRiotmaker"][QUOTE="Blood-Scribe"][QUOTE="MissRiotmaker"][QUOTE="Rikardur"][QUOTE="SimpJee"]

Yeah, I really like this album, though I will admit that I miss a lot of sounds that they had going in Hatebreeder and Something Wild, and most of all, Follow The Reaper. Hate Me! and Mask of Sanity are some of the best damn Melodic Death Metal songs I've ever listened to.

Black Widow still remains my favorite CoB song... followed by Banned From Heaven, Next In Line, One Day You Will Cry, and Hellhounds On My Trail. I have to say... the Oops I Did It Again cover is epic.
Crusher89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Crusher89
Member since 2007 • 480 Posts
metallica( meaning and justice for all, master of puppets, ride the lightning, kill em all not their new stuff)
Blood-Scribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Blood-Scribe
[QUOTE="Blood-Scribe"][QUOTE="MissRiotmaker"][QUOTE="Blood-Scribe"][QUOTE="MissRiotmaker"][QUOTE="Blood-Scribe"][QUOTE="MissRiotmaker"][QUOTE="Rikardur"][QUOTE="SimpJee"]

Black Widow still remains my favorite CoB song... followed by Banned From Heaven, Next In Line, One Day You Will Cry, and Hellhounds On My Trail. I have to say... the Oops I Did It Again cover is epic.

Ha ha, oh man. That was definitely one of their best covers. Not even the Aces High cover could top that one.

MissRiotmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 MissRiotmaker
[QUOTE="MissRiotmaker"][QUOTE="Blood-Scribe"][QUOTE="MissRiotmaker"][QUOTE="Blood-Scribe"][QUOTE="MissRiotmaker"][QUOTE="Blood-Scribe"][QUOTE="MissRiotmaker"][QUOTE="Rikardur"][QUOTE="SimpJee"]

Ha ha, oh man. That was definitely one of their best covers. Not even the Aces High cover could top that one.

Ghost Riders In The Sky is teh epic ownage but for CoB to do a cover of Britney Spears, while hammered and pull it off, making it 500% better... they deserve a Grammy for that.
Blood-Scribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Blood-Scribe
[QUOTE="Blood-Scribe"][QUOTE="MissRiotmaker"][QUOTE="Blood-Scribe"][QUOTE="MissRiotmaker"][QUOTE="Blood-Scribe"][QUOTE="MissRiotmaker"][QUOTE="Blood-Scribe"][QUOTE="MissRiotmaker"][QUOTE="Rikardur"][QUOTE="SimpJee"]

Ghost Riders In The Sky is teh epic ownage but for CoB to do a cover of Britney Spears, while hammered and pull it off, making it 500% better... they deserve a Grammy for that.

They may as well make a music video for it.

honkyjoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#71 honkyjoe
Member since 2005 • 5907 Posts
  • Children of Bodom
  • Metallica
  • Slayer
  • Anthrax
  • Megadeth
  • Evile
  • The Haunted
  • Megadeth
Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

Uh I gotta go with with a tie between Metallica and Machine Head.

BTW, anyone LOVING how thrash came back last year? We got some great stuff like this:

Evile-Thrasher (This is a modern ****c and has some incredible guitar)

Machine Head-Aesthetics of Hate

Exodus-Iconoclasm / Children of a Worthless God (Can't choose which is better)

Seriously, "The Blackening" by Machine Head and "The Atrocity Exhibition" by Exodus are two AMAZING cds!!!

The Blackening deserves special attention for it being a Metallica **** cd (8 songs with the 4th being the ballad) that kicks ass! To me they are somewhat like what Metallica should have evolved into instead of sucking after the early 90's.....

JLAudio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#73 JLAudio7
Member since 2007 • 2729 Posts
Not big into Thrash but I love Slayer. I also like some Megadeth.
Omega_Zero69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#74 Omega_Zero69
Member since 2006 • 13668 Posts
Megadeth
Darth-Caedus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Darth-Caedus
Member since 2008 • 20756 Posts
Sodom, Kreator, Megadeth, SLayer, Destruction, Avenger Of Blood, and Evile.
TheZ3nMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#77 TheZ3nMan
Member since 2007 • 2658 Posts
Why is the text on this page all funky? Oh well. My favorite thrash band right now is probably Annihilator.
CRS98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#78 CRS98
Member since 2004 • 9036 Posts
This thread is way old. Why is it still here?