Favorite Metallica album??

• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DmadFearmonger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 DmadFearmonger
Member since 2009 • 5169 Posts

After playing the Black Album for the first time in about 6 months I've gotten back into 'em. Quite enjoying my return to this great music. My favorite's the very same one I played; The Black Album. I remember enjoying that one the most last year also.

nima_metal90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 nima_metal90
Member since 2009 • 775 Posts

mY favorite metallica album is MASTER OF PUPPETS i enjoy all of its songsi think it's the best album they had

Iceozo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Iceozo
Member since 2009 • 6441 Posts

Ride the Lightning is the album where they started their progression into their own sound, better lyrics and great lead guitar work from Kirk. This has been done so many times TC.

nima_metal90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 nima_metal90

Ride the Lightning is the album where they started their progression into their own sound, better lyrics and great lead guitar work from Kirk. This has been done so many times TC.

Iceozo

i agree lets change topic to sth else about metallica u can say wht's your best song from black album?

DmadFearmonger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DmadFearmonger

[QUOTE="Iceozo"]

nima_metal90

i agree lets change topic to sth else about metallica u can say wht's your best song from black album?

Wherever I May Roam. Awesome song
nima_metal90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 nima_metal90

i don't like these from black

sad but true

don't tread on me

nothing else matters (i know every body likedthat but in my city all people eve the people u don't expect have this song on their mobils and some guys put that their ringing bell , we have a word in here to discribe that we say it's so "khaz" but in english i don't know word)

the god that faild

the struggle within

but i like the else and the best song from it...i don't knw maybe "my friend of misery" or "holier than thou" or "SANDMAN"

DmadFearmonger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DmadFearmonger

i don't like these from black

sad but true

don't tread on me

nothing else matters (i know every body likedthat but in my city all people eve the people u don't expect have this song on their mobils and some guys put that their ringing bell , we have a word in here to discribe that we say it's so "khaz" but in english i don't know word)

the god that faild

the struggle within

but i like the else and the best song from it...i don't knw maybe "my friend of misery" or "holier than thou" or "SANDMAN"

nima_metal90
I magree with all save for the 3rd. That's a great song
Baconbits2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Baconbits2004
Member since 2009 • 12602 Posts
Leper Messiah is the only song I like from them anymore. Everything else seems too slow...
nima_metal90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 nima_metal90

assume this:every body around u like"nothing else matters" even your dad, teacher,all your friends even your enemies or guys u don't like , taxi man, quite every body around u listen to that and they don't nothing a bitfrom metallica, they knw metallica by that song and beginning to talk about thatgroup likeguys who listen to all metallica albums or theyhave a good taste in it. this is my situation, evenmy classmates singing that song on camping or when we are in school in our free time. i don't knw how to describe it, the song it'svery veryvery...public,

i knw it's really great song but that situationmade me even don't go near it.

DmadFearmonger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DmadFearmonger

assume this:every body around u like"nothing else matters" even your dad, teacher,all your friends even your enemies or guys u don't like , taxi man, quite every body around u listen to that and they don't nothing a bitfrom metallica, they knw metallica by that song and beginning to talk about thatgroup likeguys who listen to all metallica albums or theyhave a good taste in it. this is my situation, evenmy classmates singing that song on camping or when we are in school in our free time. i don't knw how to describe it, the song it'svery veryvery...public,

i knw it's really great song but that situationmade me even don't go near it.

nima_metal90

That really is a fair point. But where I live "Metallica" is a word that never passes the lips of anyone except me and 3 of my friends. We're free to enjoy it :P

nima_metal90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nima_metal90

Leper Messiah is the only song I like from them anymore. Everything else seems too slow...Baconbits2004

thats not fair to say:(, their master of puppets or damage inc or battery or disposable heroes are not slow maybe u find that song better than theothers and it's your opinion.

junglist101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#12 junglist101
Member since 2007 • 5517 Posts

mY favorite metallica album is MASTER OF PUPPETS i enjoy all of its songsi think it's the best album they had

nima_metal90
Agreed! I love listening to this when I hit the gym.
Baconbits2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Baconbits2004

[QUOTE="Baconbits2004"]Leper Messiah is the only song I like from them anymore. Everything else seems too slow...nima_metal90

thats not fair to say:(, their master of puppets or damage inc or battery or disposable heroes are not slow maybe u find that song better than theothers and it's your opinion.

Don't really like the other songs you mentioned, no.
This is why I said 'seems' slow. I'm probably very different from average.

Iceozo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Iceozo
Member since 2009 • 6441 Posts

Leper Messiah is the only song I like from them anymore. Everything else seems too slow...Baconbits2004

Yeah I just think you either don't like enough of theur music or haven't heard enough of their songs because they have many more faster songs. Their whole first album is faster lol.

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts
Ride the lightning...
nima_metal90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 nima_metal90

what is your favorite metallica song? (i knw this is somehow hard to say)

minecomes at the end with these 2:"Fade To Black" or "Master Of Puppets"

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Load. Some of their best tracks on that album, especially "Bleeding Me." ReLoad isn't too far behind either.
TheColbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TheColbert
Member since 2008 • 3846 Posts
The Black Album for me followed by Ride the Lighting and Master of Puppets.
ArmoredCore55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ArmoredCore55
Member since 2005 • 24945 Posts
Ride The Lighting for sure.
Swanogt19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21 Swanogt19
Member since 2008 • 24159 Posts

Anything after AJFA is :lol:

My answer to the question is Ride The Lightning

DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DivergeUnify
Member since 2007 • 15150 Posts
Master of Puppets!
ice_radon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#23 ice_radon
Member since 2002 • 70464 Posts
Ride the lightening has always been my favorite!
Godly_Cure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Godly_Cure
Member since 2007 • 4293 Posts
The Black Album.
jshaas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 jshaas
Member since 2003 • 2411 Posts
Well I like all of their albums. My favs are Master and Lightening. But, you really should look at it as two eras of Metallica. We have the pre-black album and the post-black album. Their sound changed quite drastically on the Black Album when you compare it to earlier efforts. I know that's due to a change in producers, but it's still the same guys playing the same kind of music. I think we all agree St. Anger is their "weakest" effort in their library... but by no means is it a bad album. Death Magnetic was a great effort.... I like to think of it as a mix between AJFA and the Black Album. Load was my first Metallica album so it will always hold special place for me. But, I'm glad I went back and bought their earlier records. So much great music.
Netherscourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Netherscourge
Member since 2003 • 16364 Posts

It's a toss up between Master of Puppets and ...And Justice for All

Two great albums.

DarthSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DarthSatan
Member since 2005 • 4607 Posts

Master of puppets. And as an aside "the black album" has a name, Metallica, it was their self titled album. You can't callyourself a Metallica fan and not know this.

Baconbits2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Baconbits2004

[QUOTE="Baconbits2004"]Leper Messiah is the only song I like from them anymore. Everything else seems too slow...Iceozo

Yeah I just think you either don't like enough of theur music or haven't heard enough of their songs because they have many more faster songs. Their whole first album is faster lol.

I've listened to all of their songs up until saint anger, which was quite awful imo.
And sure, some of their songs are faster, but for whatever reason Leper Messaih is what stuck out to me. Maybe because they ended it before it starated to drag on... like with the 4 horsemen, I think it could have benefitted from cutting out 5 or so minutes of the song.

CreepingDeath_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 CreepingDeath_
Member since 2007 • 3342 Posts
Tie between Kill 'em All and Ride the Lightning.
Gibsonsg527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Gibsonsg527
Member since 2010 • 3313 Posts

Kill em All original FTW

nima_metal90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 nima_metal90

Well I like all of their albums. My favs are Master and Lightening. But, you really should look at it as two eras of Metallica. We have the pre-black album and the post-black album. Their sound changed quite drastically on the Black Album when you compare it to earlier efforts. I know that's due to a change in producers, but it's still the same guys playing the same kind of music. I think we all agree St. Anger is their "weakest" effort in their library... but by no means is it a bad album. Death Magnetic was a great effort.... I like to think of it as a mix between AJFA and the Black Album. Load was my first Metallica album so it will always hold special place for me. But, I'm glad I went back and bought their earlier records. So much great music.jshaas

i think maybe death magnetic is a recall to their pre_black era. i hope they back to time again.

BTW:wich song do u liked the most from death magnetic? i liked "THE END OF THE LINE" alot.

iloverikku11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 iloverikku11
Member since 2005 • 11039 Posts

the only Metallica album I can listen to without my ears bleeding (in disgust) is Kill 'Em All.

nima_metal90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 nima_metal90

Master of puppets. And as an aside "the black album" has a name, Metallica, it was their self titled album. You can't callyourself a Metallica fan and not know this.

DarthSatan

i knw that.it's cooler to call it black album but ... i don't care much cause i'm still a fan.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#34 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts
Ride the Lightning, then Kill 'Em All, then Master of Puppets.
Avatar image for gibson-les-rick
gibson-les-rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#35 gibson-les-rick
Member since 2007 • 798 Posts

Ride The Lightning

Kevz0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Kevz0
Member since 2010 • 550 Posts

Ride The Lighting > Kill Em All > Master of Puppets > And Justice For All > Every album after AJFA

lasseeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 lasseeb
Member since 2010 • 1186 Posts

Ride the lightning...

I wont bother explaining why, but it's just awsome!

Alex3796

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 1

#38 Alex3796
Member since 2009 • 2669 Posts
I'm going with Master of Puppets, followed by the Black Album then ..and Justice for All
Wii-U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Wii-U
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
probably MoP
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

'Master of Puppets' is my favorite album of their overall, but I will say that 'Load' and 'Reload' have some of their absolutely best material. Unfortunately both of those albums are too littered with mediocre filler crap to be considered great albums in their own right. They could have cut half the songs from each album, combined the rest and had one great album instead of two "so-so" ones. I like to pretend that 'St. Anger' doesn't exist. 'Death Magnetic' is, ok. It's not a bad album by any means. It can be enjoyable, but ultimately most of the songs fail to leave much of an impression on me. 'Broken, Beat and Scarred' is my favorite song on that album. And while the line "what don't kill ya make ya more strong" may sound silly lyrically, it's effective as hell in regards to the flow of the song. And even though it's an EP of covers I'll give an honorable mention to 'Garage Days Re-Revisited' (not 'Garage Inc'). I absolutely love the sound on that recording. Raw and unpolished, but not too raw. If Metallica really want to capture a good raw sound like they talk about these days this is the recording they should look at. I also find it a little ironic, cosidering that it was Jason's first with them, that it's their bassiest recording to date.

MissLibrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 MissLibrarian
Member since 2008 • 9589 Posts

My favourite is the S&M album with the San FransiscoSymphony Orchestra, hands down. The album that's my favourite in a serious, technical way would probably be Master Of Puppets. Aside from S&M the album I listen to the most though is St. Anger, God I love that album, as one might love a gifted handicapped child.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

My favourite is the S&M album with the San FransiscoSymphony Orchestra, hands down. The album that's my favourite in a serious, technical way would probably be Master Of Puppets. Aside from S&M the album I listen to the most though is St. Anger, God I love that album, as one might love a gifted handicapped child.

MissLibrarian

Ehh, in my opinion S&M was really hit-and-miss. On some songs it worked, on most others it didn't. To me it kinda felt like the orchestra could have been more tastefully used. Instead it feels like, to me, that the band and the orchestra are competing with, rather than complementing, each other to see who can be more bombastic.

MissLibrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 MissLibrarian
Member since 2008 • 9589 Posts
Ehh, in my opinion S&M was really hit-and-miss. On some songs it worked, on most others it didn't. To me it kinda felt like the orchestra could have been more tastefully used. Instead it feels like, to me, that the band and the orchestra are competing with, rather than complementing, each other to see who can be more bombastic.worlock77
I agree it does have a sort of clashing sound for the most part, I certainly think it could have been done much better on the whole regarding the composition of the orchestral parts etc, but I love Michael Kamen none-the-less so over time the harshness grew on me like the parts I 'learn' to love in any orchestral piece. But aside from that I like it for several other particular reasons. Mostly the track listing - aside from lacking 'Sanitarium' most of my favourite A-side tracks are represented from different albums, Master of Puppets, The Memory Remains, Bleeding Me (I also like No Leaf Clover) blah blah. I also think James Hetfield's vocals are pretty top-notch throughout. I like hearing a Metallica-type crowd on a live 'classical' album. Plus I played the violin when I was a teenager discovering Metallica and this album blew my mind when I found out it existed :P It's also good for a drinking game - a shot every time James goes 'Yeaaa-ah' - it gets messy.
Avatar image for RevengeNegative
RevengeNegative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 RevengeNegative
Member since 2005 • 90 Posts

..ride the lightning :) still everything metallica has made is wicked!

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

..And justice for all

Live: S&M its just so....beautiful.

communistcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 communistcat
Member since 2010 • 1531 Posts

Ride the Lightning.

jshaas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 jshaas
Member since 2003 • 2411 Posts

DarthSatan
As true as this is, I don't think it's that big of a deal. Metallica themselves call it the Black Album, so...

[QUOTE="jshaas"]Well I like all of their albums. My favs are Master and Lightening. But, you really should look at it as two eras of Metallica. We have the pre-black album and the post-black album. Their sound changed quite drastically on the Black Album when you compare it to earlier efforts. I know that's due to a change in producers, but it's still the same guys playing the same kind of music. I think we all agree St. Anger is their "weakest" effort in their library... but by no means is it a bad album. Death Magnetic was a great effort.... I like to think of it as a mix between AJFA and the Black Album. Load was my first Metallica album so it will always hold special place for me. But, I'm glad I went back and bought their earlier records. So much great music.nima_metal90

i think maybe death magnetic is a recall to their pre_black era. i hope they back to time again.

BTW:wich song do u liked the most from death magnetic? i liked "THE END OF THE LINE" alot.

I really like All Nightmare Long. I need to listen to it again, I haven't had it pop up on my iPod in a while.
DmadFearmonger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 DmadFearmonger
[QUOTE="jshaas"][QUOTE="DarthSatan"] As true as this is, I don't think it's that big of a deal. Metallica themselves call it the Black Album, so...

[QUOTE="jshaas"]Well I like all of their albums. My favs are Master and Lightening. But, you really should look at it as two eras of Metallica. We have the pre-black album and the post-black album. Their sound changed quite drastically on the Black Album when you compare it to earlier efforts. I know that's due to a change in producers, but it's still the same guys playing the same kind of music. I think we all agree St. Anger is their "weakest" effort in their library... but by no means is it a bad album. Death Magnetic was a great effort.... I like to think of it as a mix between AJFA and the Black Album. Load was my first Metallica album so it will always hold special place for me. But, I'm glad I went back and bought their earlier records. So much great music.nima_metal90

I really like All Nightmare Long. I need to listen to it again, I haven't had it pop up on my iPod in a while.

That's a pretty cool song that. Hetfields new voice sort of puts me off the album a bit though :(
dbz345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#49 dbz345
Member since 2004 • 17980 Posts
It's really hard to narrow it down to just one - I tend to really like several songs from all their albums. Overall though, the ones I enjoy the most are And Justice For All and Death Magnetic. The Black album comes behind those two, with Ride the Lightning after that. The others are simply just "good."
Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts

Black Album

DmadFearmonger

Same here. I can pretty well listen to that one straight through. My second favorite is Master of Puppets.