Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

Just binged it on Netflix. I don’t know how they do it, but it’s just as good as the previous seasons and movie.

To think these are real crime stories? Unreal.

Bring on season 4!

poptart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 poptart
Member since 2003 • 7298 Posts

Sadly they aren't true :(

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16879 Posts
@Sevenizz said:

Just binged it on Netflix. I don’t know how they do it, but it’s just as good as the previous seasons and movie.

Bring on season 4!

Gonna be a hot minute--production doesn't start until fall 2019.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

@Sevenizz said:

Bring on season 4!

yeah they are not actually true despite the headline, that is done as a joke.

great series though

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

Season 3 was kind of a letdown. Still enough good stuff to be worth watching, but I found it sort of disappointing. Especially towards the end, I felt that it almost started to feel...cartoonish (not that there weren't moments like that throughout the rest of the series either).

Anyway, I haven't been keeping up on it. Have they released any details about season 4, like what time period it's set in and if there's going to be any overlap with the other seasons?

poptart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 poptart

Personally I'm more looking forward to the new True Detective. I'm not quite sure why mind you after the shower of shit that dropped as season 2. Blind hope I guess.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16879 Posts
@MrGeezer said:

Season 3 was kind of a letdown. Still enough good stuff to be worth watching, but I found it sort of disappointing. Especially towards the end, I felt that it almost started to feel...cartoonish (not that there weren't moments like that throughout the rest of the series either).

Anyway, I haven't been keeping up on it. Have they released any details about season 4, like what time period it's set in and if there's going to be any overlap with the other seasons?

It's supposed to take place in 1950's Kansas City, Missouri. Chris Rock is playing the lead of an African American crime syndicate going to war with the Italian Mafia.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@poptart said:

Personally I'm more looking forward to the new True Detective. I'm not quite sure why mind you after the shower of shit that dropped as season 2. Blind hope I guess.

I still need to get around to watching Season 1, but I'm probably going to wait until Season 3 comes out. That way I can binge on the entire series and (hopefully) end it on a high note.

By the way, have you seen Mindhunter? I think that's probably my most anticipated show right now. Season 1 was great, but I guess it's possible that they **** the bed on Season 2 just like True Detective did. I doubt it though, David Fincher generally seems to deliver quality stuff.

poptart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By poptart

@MrGeezer said:
@poptart said:

I still need to get around to watching Season 1, but I'm probably going to wait until Season 3 comes out. That way I can binge on the entire series and (hopefully) end it on a high note.

By the way, have you seen Mindhunter? I think that's probably my most anticipated show right now. Season 1 was great, but I guess it's possible that they **** the bed on Season 2 just like True Detective did. I doubt it though, David Fincher generally seems to deliver quality stuff.

Season 1 was fantastic - great acting and monologues from mcconaughey, definitely worth your time, just don't expect the same from the second (although maybe I'm being a little harsh/expecations were too high/etc)

Yes I did see mindhunter. The name kind of put me off as it sounded cheap, but finchers involvement made me think it was worth a visit and I actually really enjoyed it. Not quite as dark as True Detective or as dark as Fincher could go, but well bingeable. I've definitely got season 2 on the radar...

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

Season 1 is still my favourite of the three, but they are all great.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

@poptart: I feel like a heel. I just googled it and yes, they are all fake with a few minor influences of true stories. I should’ve done that years ago.

Still a good show though.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

@Sevenizz said:

@poptart: I feel like a heel. I just googled it and yes, they are all fake with a few minor influences of true stories. I should’ve done that years ago.

Still a good show though.

its ok I did the same thing to learn that as well after season 1 :)

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 LexLas
Member since 2005 • 7317 Posts

@Sevenizz said:

Bring on season 4!

Yes it was dam good, luv this series.