• 149 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Rougehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 Rougehunter
Member since 2004 • 5873 Posts

Myspace, People had thousands and even tens or hundreds of thousands of friends just to brag about.

Avatar image for XiaolinPrincess
XiaolinPrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 XiaolinPrincess
Member since 2006 • 7907 Posts
Jersey Shore.nobodylive
Agreed. One day, I was walking to my dorm from the Community Center and there was a boy (he looked like he was middle-school aged) who yelled "GTL!" and he said that in his group of friends, he is Vinny.
Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 Saturos3091
Member since 2005 • 14937 Posts

Although I don't wear them, I hate the fact men wear skinny jeans (Jeggings) because it just looks so wrong.

nickz_fpk
Wat. Complete difference between jeggings and skinny jeans. In fact, they're not even made with the same material nor do they look similar if you've seen real jeggings...

I have another! American punks. They're not even real punks for $|-|!75 sake! The 90's must have been a horrible time for such things.

DmadFearmonger
Not true. There's a pretty big hardcore punk scene here in the US that's also much more true than bulls*** "punk" bands like The Sex Pistols. Fads I hated: Skateboarding/longboarding (as a fad, not as a hobby), animes, and Call Of Duty.
Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts
hot, clean feet Buttons1990
"Hot" feet? Wut?
ROFLCOPTER603

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#105 ROFLCOPTER603
Member since 2010 • 2140 Posts

[QUOTE="Buttons1990"] hot, clean feet Silverbond
"Hot" feet? Wut?

There are some weird fetishes out there.

isaackuhlman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 isaackuhlman
Member since 2011 • 128 Posts

After reading all of these comments, another annoying fad that came up is kids acting like "conformists" is a disease. If you are saying that other people are "conformists" you are probably one of those pansies who turned to goth or emo because you just think everyone else is lame for not acting like a vampire. I was raised well before the "vamp" and "emo" scene caught on with kids, but, holy horsecrap, this generation of suburban pansies really gets my goat. Just act like a man regardless of if you use books or brawn to do it. I was never a big dude, but I didn't take crap from anybody, and I got along with pretty much all different kids at my school. If you are calling people "conformists", it is most likely you won't get laid until after college unless it's by some trampy fat chick who gives blow jobs to emo kids to prove she doesn't care about her sexuality.

Now that the rant is over, I just have to say, I like this topic, but seriously I am sick of SOME of these 15-year olds acting like metrosexual GLEEtards. It's not that I'm hating on effeminate gays or gay people. I am hating on effeminate hetero people for acting effeminate because TV shows are making it seem cool. Not cool. Be your damn self. End.

MgamerBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 MgamerBD
Member since 2006 • 17550 Posts

After reading all of these comments, another annoying fad that came up is kids acting like "conformists" is a disease. If you are saying that other people are "conformists" you are probably one of those pansies who turned to goth or emo because you just think everyone else is lame for not acting like a vampire. I was raised well before the "vamp" and "emo" scene caught on with kids, but, holy horsecrap, this generation of suburban pansies really gets my goat. Just act like a man regardless of if you use books or brawn to do it. I was never a big dude, but I didn't take crap from anybody, and I got along with pretty much all different kids at my school. If you are calling people "conformists", it is most likely you won't get laid until after college unless it's by some trampy fat chick who gives blow jobs to emo kids to prove she doesn't care about her sexuality.

Now that the rant is over, I just have to say, I like this topic, but seriously I am sick of SOME of these 15-year olds acting like metrosexual GLEEtards. It's not that I'm hating on effeminate gays or gay people. I am hating on effeminate hetero people for acting effeminate because TV shows are making it seem cool. Not cool. Be your damn self. End.

isaackuhlman
I noticed that too. "conformists" Really OT that is what we have become now. Are you so non conformist OT that you conform with the non conformists? Because you do know you are still conforming right? Geez and OT wonders why they have no style. You look at all the styles and go with it... make your own.
aj305g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 aj305g
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
idk about everyone else but the number one thing is how ppl dont complain that almost every rap song has the word nigg ah(prevent censorship) in it --.--
MistressMinako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#109 MistressMinako
Member since 2008 • 45964 Posts

Okay, I think we need to post the definition of fad. Some people are not clear it seems.

From MW: a practice or interest followed for a time with exaggerated zeal

From Dictionary.com: a temporary fashion, notion, manner of conduct, etc., especially one followed enthusiastically by a group.

So... some of the answers here might be more fitting for another word. Like for examples people have said:

Facebook/Social Networking (lol, why would anyone hate that anyway?)

Kinect

Trading cards (in general, there are many who still play)

Skinny jeans (even though it might become one eventually)

Call of Duty

Pop (been around for centuries... even if you don't like it, it won't die.. ever lol now you could say a old pop singer)

Emo/Punk/etc styles

And it goes on. It is only a fad when it dies. But my answer is jersey dresses.

MgamerBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 MgamerBD

Okay, I think we need to post the definition of fad. Some people are not clear it seems.

From MW: a practice or interest followed for a time with exaggerated zeal

From Dictionary.com: a temporary fashion, notion, manner of conduct, etc., especially one followed enthusiastically by a group.

So... some of the answers here might be more fitting for another word. Like for examples people have said:

Facebook/Social Networking (lol, why would anyone hate that anyway?)

Kinect

Trading cards (in general, there are many who still play)

Skinny jeans (even though it might become one eventually)

Call of Duty

Pop (been around for centuries... even if you don't like it, it won't die.. ever lol now you could say a old pop singer)

Emo/Punk/etc styles

And it goes on. It is only a fad when it dies. But my answer is jersey dresses.

MistressMinako

When did that become a fad? >_>...I think I need to head back to SW for awhile...

MistressMinako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 MistressMinako
Member since 2008 • 45964 Posts
When did that become a fad? >_>...I think I need to head back to SW for awhile...MgamerBD
Probably when it was announced. :P I don't know. It could become one eventually, though. Just not one right now.
DmadFearmonger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 DmadFearmonger
Member since 2009 • 5169 Posts

I have another! American punks. They're not even real punks for $|-|!75 sake! The 90's must have been a horrible time for such things[QUOTE="Saturos3091"] Not true. There's a pretty big hardcore punk scene here in the US that's also much more true than bulls*** "punk" bands like The Sex Pistols. Fads I hated: Skateboarding/longboarding (as a fad, not as a hobby), animes, and Call Of Duty. DmadFearmonger

There's such thing as punk that doesn't suck! :o I MUST HEAR IT :D

Sandulf29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Sandulf29
Member since 2010 • 14330 Posts

Facebook

abdu4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 abdu4
Member since 2003 • 4187 Posts
wii and wii u
sonofsmeagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 sonofsmeagle
Member since 2010 • 4317 Posts

cigarette jeans on men and COD,

and the recent (in the past few years) fad of every guy suddenly becoming a ufc fanboy and their favourite fighter being a UFC champion because thats one of the only ones they know (not that your fav fighter cant be one but you guys get what i mean).

like one guy at my uni was going on about how crap wanderlei silva andwhat has he ever done for mma?

Sagem28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Sagem28
Member since 2010 • 10498 Posts

isaackuhlman

Bravo sir, bravo !

Thank God I never had to deal with that crap when I was a kid. In our school nobody joined these fads, we were all just normal kids dressed however the hell we wanted and everybody got along fine. Same goes for high school really.

judog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#117 judog1
Member since 2005 • 24657 Posts
Myspace. I found it to be a terrible website. Don't have a problem with Facebook though.
guildclaws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 guildclaws
Member since 2009 • 7921 Posts

Half Life Series and Twitter

Buttons1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Buttons1990
Member since 2009 • 3167 Posts

[QUOTE="ROFLCOPTER603"]

[QUOTE="theone86"]

Hating on Obama, I'll be glad when it passes.

Palantas

Hating on Presidents in general is a fad.

No kidding. I doubt there's ever been a president that somebody wasn't b****ing about in a ridiculous, exagerrated fashion.

William Henry Harrison maybe... He was only in office for 32 days before he died lol :P

Not enough time for him to really do anything worth complaining about...

mister_macabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 134

#120 mister_macabre
Member since 2008 • 42 Posts

Crocs, Uggs, "Sex bracelets"...that's pretty much it for old fads. Now, as for fads that are ongoing...sweet Jesus. I hate them all. This whole craze with wearing oversized, non-prescription black plastic glasses? Really? I was made fun of when I had to get glasses. Girls dying their hair this hideous shade of red? Why?! You don't look hot or unique, you look like a CHEAP HOOKER that looks exactly like 90% of all other females at the moment! Skunk stripe highlights. Just wrong. Those look good on nobody. Getting feathers braided into your hair? Okay, Pocahontas. Oaklies? You look like a douche. Wearing them upside down on the back of your neck? You look like a bigger douche. Combining both of these with those stupid "sports performance" and balance-enhancing little rubber bracelets? You look like a MAJOR douche. Combining all of these three whilst wearing an Affliction shirt and pre-shredded and distressed Buckle jeans? Take a look in the mirror and please, slap yourself to save me the trouble of having to do it for you.

Anyways....yeah, I pretty much hate fads :P Just be yourself, please! Is being true to yourself that ridiculous of an idea?! I'm not a non-conformist...I'm just me. /shrugs

sabru8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#121 sabru8
Member since 2003 • 4144 Posts
popped collar...ugh.
adamlynch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 adamlynch
Member since 2006 • 176 Posts

I hate all fads that involve words. Currently that would be saying legit and quality. Like if a game is good they will say its legit or quality. I think either yes it is confoming to the laws or i think, "uh, is it high quality or low quality?"

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts

card battling games.

Sandulf29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Sandulf29

card battling games.

Serraph105
i actually like poker :| slightly OT but you are about to hit 20k, congratz :D
GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#125 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

I find the Kim Kardashian fad kind of annoying. Why is she so famous again?

Avatar image for JasonDarksavior
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#126 JasonDarksavior
Member since 2008 • 9323 Posts
Planking ...
Sandulf29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Sandulf29
Planking ... JasonDarksavior
that was fad i thought it was insanity spreading :P
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 JasonDarksavior
[QUOTE="JasonDarksavior"]Planking ... Sandulf29
that was fad i thought it was insanity spreading :P

Hehe! It's still very popular in Australia :(
MgamerBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 MgamerBD

GreySeal9
It deals with her sex tape and it wasn't even that good...
GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#130 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

MgamerBD

Yeah, I heard that it wasn't worth tracking down.

But I didn't know that's why she was so famous.

That's a pretty lame reason for fame, even lamer than usual.

JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 JasonDarksavior

[QUOTE="MgamerBD"][QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

GreySeal9

Yeah, I heard that it wasn't worth tracking down.

But I didn't know that's why she was so famous.

That's a pretty lame reason for fame, even lamer than usual.

Well things like sex do make people famous.
Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6059 Posts

as much as I hate to say it... gaming is starting to become a fad and I hate it. so much disappointment at e3 :(

JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 JasonDarksavior

as much as I hate to say it... gaming is starting to become a fad and I hate it. so much disappointment at e3 :(

Ghost120x
Well WWDC was worse.
imaps3fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 imaps3fanboy
Member since 2009 • 11169 Posts
Rayban wayfarers skinny jeans v-necks wearing plaid unless you're a lumberjack/outdoorsmen flat rimmed hats with stickers on them (RAGE) baggy jeans that hang off a guys butt
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 JasonDarksavior
[QUOTE="imaps3fanboy"]Rayban wayfarers skinny jeans v-necks wearing plaid unless you're a lumberjack/outdoorsmen flat rimmed hats with stickers on them (RAGE) baggy jeans that hang off a guys butt

There was a law proposed somewhere, where it's illegal to have jeans that show your underwear. Not sure if it got passed though.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178858 Posts
All of hem. They get overdone...
coolkid93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#137 coolkid93
Member since 2007 • 6749 Posts
Boys/Men wearing Skinny Jeans. And I really hate the red ones.
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

The one that irritates me the msot right now is definitely social networking. I hate how every company now wants us to:

• Like them on Facebook
  • Follow them on Twitter
  • Subscribe to their YouTube
  • Like/Favorite/Comment on their videos
  • Visit their blog

Another fad I hate; "Reality" Television. **** THAT

Avatar image for VanHelsingBoA64
VanHelsingBoA64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 VanHelsingBoA64
Member since 2007 • 5455 Posts
[QUOTE="imaps3fanboy"]Rayban wayfarers skinny jeans v-necks wearing plaid unless you're a lumberjack/outdoorsmen flat rimmed hats with stickers on them (RAGE) baggy jeans that hang off a guys butt

Sounds like you hate every recent clothing trend.
Androvinus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#140 Androvinus
Member since 2008 • 5796 Posts

Ghost120x
I cant tell you how much i hate it when a person who knows nothing about gaming and has never had a console in their life goes "omg i love cod, i hear theres a new one coming out. Like omg cod is the best game ever. Whatever game you are playing is dumb because its not cod"
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 BPoole96

[QUOTE="Ghost120x"]

Androvinus

I cant tell you how much i hate it when a person who knows nothing about gaming and has never had a console in their life goes "omg i love cod, i hear theres a new one coming out. Like omg cod is the best game ever. Whatever game you are playing is dumb because its not cod"

I was visiting my friend up at Ohio State last week and the only games any of them have are Madden, Fifa, Modern Warfare 2, and Black Ops. A guy asked me what my favorite games were and I said Fallout, Mass Effect, Metal Gear Solid, Ninja Gaiden, and Battlefield. He told me he has never heard of any of those games before yet he is almost 8th prestige on Black Ops

imaps3fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 imaps3fanboy
Member since 2009 • 11169 Posts
[QUOTE="VanHelsingBoA64"][QUOTE="imaps3fanboy"]Rayban wayfarers skinny jeans v-necks wearing plaid unless you're a lumberjack/outdoorsmen flat rimmed hats with stickers on them (RAGE) baggy jeans that hang off a guys butt

Sounds like you hate every recent clothing trend.

Clothing trends / fashion in general are stupid and looked upon as silly later in life ex: the 80's
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178858 Posts

[QUOTE="Androvinus"][QUOTE="Ghost120x"]

BPoole96

I was visiting my friend up at Ohio State last week and the only games any of them have are Madden, Fifa, Modern Warfare 2, and Black Ops. A guy asked me what my favorite games were and I said Fallout, Mass Effect, Metal Gear Solid, Ninja Gaiden, and Battlefield. He told me he has never heard of any of those games before yet he is almost 8th prestige on Black Ops

Gaming is mass entertainment....and much like music....everyone is entitled to enjoy what they like.:|
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 BPoole96

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

[QUOTE="Androvinus"] I cant tell you how much i hate it when a person who knows nothing about gaming and has never had a console in their life goes "omg i love cod, i hear theres a new one coming out. Like omg cod is the best game ever. Whatever game you are playing is dumb because its not cod"LJS9502_basic

Gaming is mass entertainment....and much like music....everyone is entitled to enjoy what they like.:|

There is no excuse for not knowing those games for someone that plays hours and hours of games every week. I don't like a lot of the most popular artists/actors/celebrities/movies but I am aware of who they are.

I'm not saying he isn't allowed to only like call of duty and sports games, its just surprising that he isn't even aware of other options in games which he may also like.

HexedPelican

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 HexedPelican
Member since 2011 • 590 Posts
Chuck Norris, I am glad it's over.
HerbieCucumber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 HerbieCucumber
Member since 2009 • 601 Posts
Don't really give a f***. If people want to fit in with the occasionally irritating trend, let 'em. On that note, if you wear non-prescription/sun blocking glasses, and especially if they have obnoxiously large ass black rims, pls stop.

MAGIC: The card Game

isaackuhlman
7/10
PsychoLemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 PsychoLemons
Member since 2011 • 3183 Posts

Shuffling.

Doktoraegra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Doktoraegra
Member since 2010 • 183 Posts

I have a real hatred for tall hats. It was maybe.. 5-7 years ago when King Diamond was in Stockholm and I was there to see him with some friends... All these goddamn monkey clowns with their tall stupid hats standing in front of you... Couldn't see **** I was maybe 16-17 at the time and maybe not the tallest guy but still.. people shorter than me blocked my view with those **** hats. From that day forward I've dedicated my life to the eradication of those SCHWINE! Bah, still pisses me off to this date. 12 **** hours in a car back and forth for looking mostly at hats! Don't you just love it when you can't let something go? ;_;

Edit: Incase it was unclear... I hate(d) the fad where everyone in that damn city wore those stupid 1800's hats. Never saw in anywhere else in this country.

Edit 2+3: Spelling. Can't spell when I'm thinking about those hats.

no_more_fayth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 no_more_fayth
Member since 2010 • 11928 Posts

I wear plaid and wear skinny jeans.

I don't really think of them as a fad, though you could argue they are.

Plaid looks nice and so do skinny jeans.

I like looking nice.

Don't see the problem here.