Facebook: Marriage killer?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

angeldeb82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 angeldeb82
Member since 2005 • 1724 Posts
This may turn out to be pretty ugly! Story
cd_rom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 cd_rom
Member since 2003 • 13951 Posts
Who the hell takes pictures of themselves serving alcohol to minors?
Avatar image for Victorious_Fize
Victorious_Fize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Victorious_Fize
Member since 2011 • 6128 Posts

Wanna hear a joke? Social network! :lol:

Buttons1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Buttons1990
Member since 2009 • 3167 Posts

The Lawyer:

"There are times when my paralegal and I sit in this office and laugh, because people are stupid."

- I lol'd.

Mu5uk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Mu5uk0
Member since 2005 • 19144 Posts
It's not Facebook that's causing these divorces it's the idiots using it.
Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Omni-Slash
Member since 2003 • 54450 Posts
just like any other tool...facebook is what you make it...if people are idiotic douches in real life...they'll be idiotic douches on facebook.....so not suprised....
CammiTac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 CammiTac
Member since 2011 • 1179 Posts

The Lawyer:

"There are times when my paralegal and I sit in this office and laugh, because people are stupid."

- I lol'd.

Buttons1990

This was my favorite part of the article. :lol:

Darthmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 Darthmatt
Member since 2002 • 8970 Posts

When my wife and I were separated I started noticing a lot of flirty messages between her and some dude on Facebook. Then I saw pics of her and some dude on a tandem bike, her and the same guy with their faces close together. Her friends posted comments like, "oh, you and Jeremy are so cute". Well, It didn't take me very much time to figure out what the hell was really going on. Its seems only natural I would find out this way, after all this is the woman who marriage dumped me via text message while I was at work. Strike three, your're out!

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
I honestly see this as a good thing. People shouldn't live in the dark about their partners if they are behaving in an inappropriate way, especially with regard to their relationship with them. People shouldn't put up with bulls*** just because they are married to someone.
lowkey254

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#10 lowkey254
Member since 2004 • 6031 Posts

The leading cause of divorce is still marriage. :D

anyway, facebook is just a tool. a cheater is going to cheat on facebook or out and about.

sieg6529

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 99

#11 sieg6529
Member since 2004 • 1585 Posts
My wife and I do everything together, so if any stupid thing gets posted to facebook is going to be on both of us.
Niff_T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Niff_T
Member since 2007 • 6052 Posts

[QUOTE="Buttons1990"]

The Lawyer:

- I lol'd.

CammiTac

This was my favorite part of the article. :lol:

rofl same.

It also sums up the argument pretty well.

Avatar image for YellowOneKinobi
YellowOneKinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 YellowOneKinobi
Member since 2011 • 4128 Posts

Don't have the time or inspiration to read that particular article, but I've read some that I'm sure are similar.

I don't think anyone can really blame a website for their infidelity. However, to be completely honest I imagine there are spouses out there that would never engage in extramarital affairs in the conventional sense, but after meeting people (or ex'es) on-line, might find themself doing things they wouldn't normally do. But, at the end of the day we all make our own choices. Facebook is just a new form or outlet of temptation.

Joker_268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14 Joker_268
Member since 2004 • 997 Posts
My wife and I do everything together, so if any stupid thing gets posted to facebook is going to be on both of us. sieg6529
Well said, sir.
ImaPirate0202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 ImaPirate0202
Member since 2005 • 4473 Posts

When my wife and I were separated I started noticing a lot of flirty messages between her and some dude on Facebook. Then I saw pics of her and some dude on a tandem bike, her and the same guy with their faces close together. Her friends posted comments like, "oh, you and Jeremy are so cute". Well, It didn't take me very much time to figure out what the hell was really going on. Its seems only natural I would find out this way, after all this is the woman who marriage dumped me via text message while I was at work. Strike three, your're out!

Darthmatt

I can't even imagine how much that would suck.

xxKai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 xxKai
Member since 2011 • 2689 Posts

I heard in Muslim religion you can divorce your wife by texting her "talaq" 3 times

Big_Bad_Sad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Big_Bad_Sad
Member since 2005 • 18243 Posts
just like any other tool...facebook is what you make it...if people are idiotic douches in real life...they'll be idiotic douches on facebook.....so not suprised....Omni-Slash
I agree. If you dont want your wife to find pictures of you getting underage babysitters drunk, dont do it.
YellowOneKinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 YellowOneKinobi

I heard in Muslim religion you can divorce your wife by texting her "talaq" 3 times

xxKai

I hear that too. Very recently. There was an article about that about a week ago, no?

XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts
Facebook doesn't kill marriages, stupid people kill marriages. Cheaters/dumbasses will still get caught, but now they've got an outlet to spread their dumbassery, making it that much easier to get caught. If you're stupid enough to do something and allow photographs to be taken and put online, you deserve to get caught. You are stupid. Facebook had nothing to do with it, it's simply an outlet for stupid people to be even stupider.
xxKai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 xxKai
Member since 2011 • 2689 Posts

[QUOTE="xxKai"]

YellowOneKinobi

I hear that too. Very recently. There was an article about that about a week ago, no?

Indeed, although I looked it up again and I think it's about to get banned, what the hell is happening :P
YellowOneKinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 YellowOneKinobi
Facebook doesn't kill marriages, stupid people kill marriages. Cheaters/dumbasses will still get caught, but now they've got an outlet to spread their dumbassery, making it that much easier to get caught. If you're stupid enough to do something and allow photographs to be taken and put online, you deserve to get caught. You are stupid. Facebook had nothing to do with it, it's simply an outlet for stupid people to be even stupider.XilePrincess
I pretty much agree with you but I don't think it's just the act of getting caught in a photograph that makes Facebook a "so-called" marriage killer. I think it's also because it's so much easier for people to contact old flings (or find new one's I guess). Doesn't take anything away from ther dumbassery, but it's not just the photos. I'm guessing that there are people that contact someone via "wink" or "poke" or whatever, that would never track down a phone number and call.
Led_poison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Led_poison
Member since 2004 • 10146 Posts
just ask Tony parker
Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

Facebook is just one way of exposing ones true colors.

I have a co-worker who was shocked to find me using profanity in some of my facebook posts.:lol:

I was also shocked to see the same co-worker constantly quoting religious text...

YellowOneKinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 YellowOneKinobi

I have a co-worker who was shocked to find me using profanity in some of my facebook posts.:lol:

I was also shocked to see the same co-worker constantly quoting religious text...

LostProphetFLCL

You just reminded me, especially those of you that are out looking for jobs, I've been in meetings with HR when we have googled people and also checked out whatever we could on Facebook/Myspace. Just a word of advice, be mindful what you put up there. And also remember that even after you take something down, you have no guarantee that someone else didn't already grab a copy of it. I can say with complete honesty that we have literally changed our minds about hiring someone based on things we've seen on people's social network sites.

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

[QUOTE="LostProphetFLCL"]

YellowOneKinobi

You just reminded me, especially those of you that are out looking for jobs, I've been in meetings with HR when we have googled people and also checked out whatever we could on Facebook/Myspace. Just a word of advice, be mindful what you put up there. And also remember that even after you take something down, you have no guarantee that someone else didn't already grab a copy of it. I can say with complete honesty that we have literally changed our minds about hiring someone based on things we've seen on people's social network sites.

Oh yeah I am EXTREMELY careful with that sort of thing. My profanity is only in terms of saying something is ******* awesome and such. I try not to post any negative statuses and I do NOT discuss anything work related on my facebook.

YellowOneKinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 YellowOneKinobi

[QUOTE="YellowOneKinobi"]

[QUOTE="LostProphetFLCL"]

LostProphetFLCL

Oh yeah I am EXTREMELY careful with that sort of thing. My profanity is only in terms of saying something is ******* awesome and such. I try not to post any negative statuses and I do NOT discuss anything work related on my facebook.

I didn't mean that to be directed at you in particular. And not even in terms of profanity really. Of course it depends what is 'public' and also if people just freely accept 'friends' and give unfettered access to their page(s) (which to this day I have no idea why people do).

jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 jeremiah06
Member since 2004 • 7217 Posts
It's not Facebook that's causing these divorces it's the idiots using it.Mu5uk0
Exactly... You can't get caught cheating if you don't cheat...
spawnassasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 spawnassasin
Member since 2006 • 18702 Posts

[QUOTE="Mu5uk0"]It's not Facebook that's causing these divorces it's the idiots using it.jeremiah06
Exactly... You can't get caught cheating if you don't cheat...

so much truth in those words

kayoticdreamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 kayoticdreamz
Member since 2010 • 3347 Posts

Darthmatt
wow that sucks. but i have never heard of marriage dumping via text. i know im crazy and probably raised old fashioned but i do believe if you are going to end a marriage do it face to face. then again cheating spouses i generally regard as scums of the earth so im not too shocked theyve hit a new low.
Aspen706

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Aspen706
Member since 2010 • 4560 Posts
It's not Facebook that's causing these divorces it's the idiots using it.Mu5uk0
Precisely this.
judog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#32 judog1
Member since 2005 • 24657 Posts
They would have gotten divorced either way.
idunnodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 idunnodude
Member since 2007 • 2287 Posts

just like any other tool...facebook is what you make it...if people are idiotic douches in real life...they'll be idiotic douches on facebook.....so not suprised....Omni-Slash

wait how come u can say douches here but other ppl cant. i swear i got modded for saying douche and everytime i wanna say it i have to think of something else to say.

Avatar image for RenegadePatriot
RenegadePatriot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 RenegadePatriot
Member since 2007 • 20815 Posts
Facebook is not to blame for this.
Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#35 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts
People being dumb and getting caught cheating on Facebook? No surprise here :lol: