This topic is locked from further discussion.

Business_Fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Business_Fun
Member since 2009 • 2282 Posts

I caught sight of my reflection in a revolving door today, and it hit me - I could really use a moustache. So I've decided to see what I can do about growing one, and not some weak, pencil-thin, hot-chocolate-on-the-top-lip waste of effort. I'm thinking more along the lines of 'Magnum P.I.'.

My question to the men of OT who've gone down this road is - what was it like? Did you suffer the jeers of a heartless public to the extent that you finally cracked and shaved? Or did you endure, until you found yourself sculling on the calm waters of furry-lipped serenity?

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts
I have gone with the beard, goatee, chops, and stubble looks...but never the lone stache...my hat goes off to you
Business_Fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Business_Fun

I have gone with the beard, goatee, chops, and stubble looks...but never the lone stache...my hat goes off to yourawsavon

Many thanks rawsavon. Encouragement is just what I need to start this thing :)

spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#4 spazzx625
Member since 2004 • 43433 Posts
As someone physically incapable of growing a moustache...I commend your efforts as well. Endure the road ahead...
Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Engrish_Major
Member since 2007 • 17373 Posts
I have tried the 'stache once. My gf stated concisely that I looked like an anorexic cop. Currently I have a full beard, though. I like to think that it is my lone protest against modern man's slavery to corporate interests, and our public policy that is increasingly ruled by Big Shaving Cream, but really it's just because I'm too lazy to shave very often.
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 rawsavon

[QUOTE="rawsavon"]I have gone with the beard, goatee, chops, and stubble looks...but never the lone stache...my hat goes off to youBusiness_Fun

I expect pics in the post your face thread after you grow the full lip tickler
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 rawsavon
but really it's just because I'm too lazy to shave very often.Engrish_Major
Tis my excuse as well...just go over it with a trimmer every few days
Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Engrish_Major
I expect pics in the post your face thread after you grow the full lip ticklerrawsavon
Not just pics. I expect a time-lapse gif showing the daily progress. I not only aim high, but demand satisfaction.
Business_Fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Business_Fun

[QUOTE="Business_Fun"]

[QUOTE="rawsavon"]I have gone with the beard, goatee, chops, and stubble looks...but never the lone stache...my hat goes off to yourawsavon

I expect pics in the post your face thread after you grow the full lip tickler

You sure you wouldn't rather I just post a picture of Tom Selleck? Nothing I could grow could compare to his magnificent soup-strainer, though by God I'll give it a shot.

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 rawsavon
[QUOTE="rawsavon"]I expect pics in the post your face thread after you grow the full lip ticklerEngrish_Major
Not just pics. I expect a time-lapse gif showing the daily progress. I not only aim high, but demand satisfaction.

I had considered asking for interval pics...but you sir have taken it to the extreme...I commend you
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rawsavon

You sure you wouldn't rather I just post a picture of Tom Selleck?Business_Fun

The two events are not mutually exclusive :oops:

Business_Fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Business_Fun

[QUOTE="Engrish_Major"][QUOTE="rawsavon"]I expect pics in the post your face thread after you grow the full lip ticklerrawsavon

I had considered asking for interval pics...but you sir have taken it to the extreme...I commend you

That may be rushing it a bit. The 'stache will need time to grow. To mature. To be confident in it's own copper-flecked beauty. To be sure that no-one will collapse with laughter when they look at it. It can feel their eyes now. Watching - judging :(

needled24-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 needled24-7
Member since 2007 • 15902 Posts

DO IT. i can't really grow much facial hair, i think it would be cool if i could though. oh well, i'm still a teenager, maybe when i get a little older it'll start to grow more.

Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Engrish_Major

That may be rushing it a bit. The 'stache will need time to grow. To mature. To be confident in it's own copper-flecked beauty. To be sure that no-one will collapse with laughter when they look at it. It can feel their eyes now. Watching - judging :(

Business_Fun

Incessantly at my 'stache you watch and stare
my miniscule groath you bemoan.
Let thou with perfect facial hair
be the one to cast the first stone.

Business_Fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Business_Fun

[QUOTE="Business_Fun"]

You sure you wouldn't rather I just post a picture of Tom Selleck?rawsavon

You're imagining him now on his jet ski, aren't you? Hawaiian sun glinting off his bronzed pectorals, tropic breezes ruffling his luxuriant 'stache...

Business_Fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Business_Fun

[QUOTE="Business_Fun"]

Engrish_Major

Incessantly at my 'stache you watch and stare
my miniscule groath you bemoan.
Let thou with perfect facial hair
be the one to cast the first stone.

:lol: Very not bad. I may have to make that into my screen-saver.

metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts

From the title, I thought this was going to be some high octane nightmare fuel.

Thankfully, it's just about moustaches.

TylerW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TylerW
Member since 2002 • 451 Posts

If you need a suggestion, I'd say to stop shaving for a week or two, or however long it takes for your facial hair to start taking on a discernable shape/mass on your face. Then, send some quality time with a razor trimming it back into something you're happy with - that way you have plenty of options on your way back to the lone moustache, which if that's what you want when you end up, then that's great. But that way you avail yourself plenty of other options along the way.

This is how I have ended up with the face hair I've been with the past few years, which is what most video game character creator modules refer to as "The Honest Abe"

MarkyyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MarkyyR
Member since 2009 • 709 Posts

Back in the 70's when I was a pron star I had one.

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 rawsavon
[QUOTE="Business_Fun"]

[QUOTE="rawsavon"]

[QUOTE="Business_Fun"]

You sure you wouldn't rather I just post a picture of Tom Selleck?

You're imagining him now on his jet ski, aren't you? Hawaiian sun glinting off his bronzed pectorals, tropic breezes ruffling his luxuriant 'stache...

You quit talking dirty to me... :oops:
-Fromage-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 -Fromage-
Member since 2009 • 10572 Posts
I have never wanted a moustache, unless it came full circle into a goatee, or beard. I get the impression that a moustache would make me look older.
Bruin4ev3r1520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Bruin4ev3r1520
Member since 2005 • 8843 Posts

If you need a suggestion, I'd say to stop shaving for a week or two, or however long it takes for your facial hair to start taking on a discernable shape/mass on your face. Then, send some quality time with a razor trimming it back into something you're happy with - that way you have plenty of options on your way back to the lone moustache, which if that's what you want when you end up, then that's great. But that way you avail yourself plenty of other options along the way.

TylerW
This is a great idea. I stopped going with the clean shave look a month ago and now I have a goatee. Almost all my friends wanted me to get rid of it and go back to the clean look, and I was about to shave it off. But then I realized that I liked how it looked so I said screw them and I kept it. If you do get the mustache and you like how it looks, then don't let other people pressure you into shaving
Business_Fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Business_Fun

[QUOTE="TylerW"]

Bruin4ev3r1520

This is a great idea. I stopped going with the clean shave look a month ago and now I have a goatee. Almost all my friends wanted me to get rid of it and go back to the clean look, and I was about to shave it off. But then I realized that I liked how it looked so I said screw them and I kept it. If you do get the mustache and you like how it looks, then don't let other people pressure you into shaving

Thanks for the advice fellows - we'll see how it goes.

Business_Fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Business_Fun

[QUOTE="Business_Fun"]

[QUOTE="rawsavon"]

rawsavon

Hey, you started it :lol: But I'll end it - it's about time I turned in. Curse that 9 to 5 grind! These past two weeks have been hell, nights and week-ends, and I have more to look forward to. Here's hoping that bringing my 'stache into the world takes my mind off the pain.

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 rawsavon
[QUOTE="Business_Fun"]

[QUOTE="rawsavon"][QUOTE="Business_Fun"]

Hey, you started it :lol: But I'll end it - it's about time I turned in. Curse that 9 to 5 grind! These past two weeks have been hell, nights and week-ends, and I have more to look forward to. Here's hoping that bringing my 'stache into the world takes my mind off the pain.

Good Night...here is to good facial hair growth :D
shaunk89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 shaunk89
Member since 2009 • 945 Posts

[QUOTE="Bruin4ev3r1520"][QUOTE="TylerW"]

Business_Fun

Indeed. A while back I decided to grow a goatee, just for the hell of it. People told me it suited me, but for some reason I decided I wanted rid of it, so I shaved.

However, I recently realised how much I missed my furry facial friend, and so have grown it back again.

All I would say to you is best of luck, and invest in a decent trimmer/shaver thingy. That Braun Cruzer whatchamacallit is pretty good.

Also, props for going for the solo tache. You have some big brass cojones my friend.

gbpackers94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 gbpackers94
Member since 2008 • 685 Posts

Not everyone with a mustache is a pedophile, but every pedophile has a mustache.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c37d3adcd094
deactivated-5c37d3adcd094

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5c37d3adcd094
Member since 2006 • 8362 Posts

I caught sight of my reflection in a revolving door today, and it hit meBusiness_Fun

Ouch.

TylerW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 TylerW
Member since 2002 • 451 Posts

Business_Fun

If you end up taking my advice, while you're trimming it back, please do the needful and carve yourself one of these:

Take pics, and please share 'em. :lol:

Business_Fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Business_Fun

[QUOTE="Business_Fun"]

TylerW

If you end up taking my advice, while you're trimming it back, please do the needful and carve yourself one of these:

Take pics, and please share 'em. :lol:

Nice. But while cavalry whiskers look good on a modern-day Achilles like Captain Price, I'm not so sure I could carry them off.

Big_Bad_Sad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Big_Bad_Sad
Member since 2005 • 18243 Posts
I've often thought about growing a beard but after a week of scratching my face I normally shave it off.