Ever fall in love with a friend?

• 135 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Premier1101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Premier1101
Member since 2008 • 13515 Posts

and I mean of the opposite sex(unless you swing that way, but I dont see many oters do)

I did, it was awesome but didnt end well, perhaps the final chapter in it will be written next weekend.

I blogged it, its WAY too long to post here... as i will get a blog it :P...

and as of now, im finally over it.. i look back and shake my head, as that is all I can do :P

TwiztidJoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 TwiztidJoker
Member since 2004 • 836 Posts
No, but as I grew up I distanced myself from people that I felt were holding me back from more important things, so never got a chance for a relationship to form. Though I can only think of one girl that was my friend that I'd want to actually sleep with.
andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 andyboiii
Member since 2006 • 13628 Posts

yes I have, I won't go in detail but this song pretty much describes how it felt

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KXgoqG7ZU94

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts
Yes I have
Hinata237

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 Hinata237
Member since 2006 • 9416 Posts
Already am in love with a friend. I know we'll never be together though. Absolutely no chance in hell. I'll just stay friends with her.
Krigen89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Krigen89
Member since 2003 • 3907 Posts
Actually I have... nothing happened at the time because we were both in a relation, btu we were both in love... I've made contact recently, and I think something could happen within a couple weeks... we'll see
ernie1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ernie1989
Member since 2004 • 8547 Posts
My friend and I make contact with each other every once in a while, but we both aknowledge the fact that we won't end up together for the rest of our lives.
Avatar image for ElectronicMagic
ElectronicMagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ElectronicMagic
Member since 2005 • 5412 Posts
I read your blog and I have to say I want to smack you right now. You should have just done what you wanted to, instead of screwing it up. Now from what I understand, she has a boyfriend and you now have an ex. So basically you went into that situation with a girlfriend and a friend who wanted to do the nasty, and then you came out without either girl. How does that happen?
Premier1101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Premier1101

I read your blog and I have to say I want to smack you right now. You should have just done what you wanted to, instead of screwing it up. Now from what I understand, she has a boyfriend and you now have an ex. So basically you went into that situation with a girlfriend and a friend who wanted to do the nasty, and then you came out without either girl. How does that happen?ElectronicMagic

I really wanted to stay there that night in her apt, but I still wasnt 100% on break from my gf, the last time we talked it hinted to we are done, but wasnt really said. I could never cheat on my gf, but looking back i have mixed feelings. I would've really loved "being with her", but it might not have formed into a relationship, and I wouldve in my mind cheated on my gf, never something I want to do. I went on break officially the next morning, but yeah, i came out with nothing. THAT REALLY SUCKED!!

shoulda banged her.

shoulda txtd my gf, we need to go on break right there, then gone for it, but I was too dumb to think about that at the moment

Kuhu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 Kuhu
Member since 2004 • 2845 Posts
Yes I have fallen in love with a friend before. I really hate the feeling to be honest.. It's just more risky to try and create a relationship because you may come out with no relationship and lose your friendship with her in the end..
Krigen89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Krigen89
Member since 2003 • 3907 Posts

I read your blog and I have to say I want to smack you right now. You should have just done what you wanted to, instead of screwing it up. Now from what I understand, she has a boyfriend and you now have an ex. So basically you went into that situation with a girlfriend and a friend who wanted to do the nasty, and then you came out without either girl. How does that happen?ElectronicMagic

True that, I just read your blog TC and let me tell you, you blew this one off real bad!

ElectronicMagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ElectronicMagic

[QUOTE="ElectronicMagic"]I read your blog and I have to say I want to smack you right now. You should have just done what you wanted to, instead of screwing it up. Now from what I understand, she has a boyfriend and you now have an ex. So basically you went into that situation with a girlfriend and a friend who wanted to do the nasty, and then you came out without either girl. How does that happen?Premier1101

I really wanted to stay there that night in her apt, but I still wasnt 100% on break from my gf, the last time we talked it hinted to we are done, but wasnt really said. I could never cheat on my gf, but looking back i have mixed feelings. I would've really loved "being with her", but it might not have formed into a relationship, and I wouldve in my mind cheated on my gf, never something I want to do. I went on break officially the next morning, but yeah, i came out with nothing. THAT REALLY SUCKED!!

shoulda banged her.

shoulda txtd my gf, we need to go on break right there, then gone for it, but I was too dumb to think about that at the moment

Yeah I think texting or calling your girlfriend and telling her you were breaking up or going on "break" would have been better than cheating, but heck you would have got to be with that girl and it probably had a better chance of leading to a relationship than not "being with her". I don't know what I would do if I was in your situation, I can't see any real way of getting her. But you might see a way since you are looking at it from a first person perspective.

Premier1101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Premier1101
[QUOTE="Premier1101"]

[QUOTE="ElectronicMagic"]I read your blog and I have to say I want to smack you right now. You should have just done what you wanted to, instead of screwing it up. Now from what I understand, she has a boyfriend and you now have an ex. So basically you went into that situation with a girlfriend and a friend who wanted to do the nasty, and then you came out without either girl. How does that happen?ElectronicMagic

shoulda banged her.

Yeah I think texting or calling your girlfriend and telling her you were breaking up or going on "break" would have been better than cheating, but heck you would have got to be with that girl and it probably had a better chance of leading to a relationship than not "being with her". I don't know what I would do if I was in your situation, I can't see any real way of getting her. But you might see a way since you are looking at it from a first person perspective.

yeah I agree dude, but man it sucks... there is a very slim chance, but for some reasons I make slim big.... two chances- her graduation party, her going to my college. If I go there and she has a bf, and isnt interested in me and joins the military(like she was thinking about) then its completely over.

Napster06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 Napster06
Member since 2004 • 5659 Posts
Yeah, but nothing much happened, but we're still friends :)
ElectronicMagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ElectronicMagic
[QUOTE="ElectronicMagic"][QUOTE="Premier1101"]

[QUOTE="ElectronicMagic"]I read your blog and I have to say I want to smack you right now. You should have just done what you wanted to, instead of screwing it up. Now from what I understand, she has a boyfriend and you now have an ex. So basically you went into that situation with a girlfriend and a friend who wanted to do the nasty, and then you came out without either girl. How does that happen?Premier1101

shoulda banged her.

yeah I agree dude, but man it sucks... there is a very slim chance, but for some reasons I make slim big.... two chances- her graduation party, her going to my college. If I go there and she has a bf, and isnt interested in me and joins the military(like she was thinking about) then its completely over.

I hope it works out for you, things like this suck hardcore and I hate anyone having to go through it. Goodluck man.

Premier1101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Premier1101

[QUOTE="ElectronicMagic"]I read your blog and I have to say I want to smack you right now. You should have just done what you wanted to, instead of screwing it up. Now from what I understand, she has a boyfriend and you now have an ex. So basically you went into that situation with a girlfriend and a friend who wanted to do the nasty, and then you came out without either girl. How does that happen?Krigen89

True that, I just read your blog TC and let me tell you, you blew this one off real bad!

I know man, i didnt think of txting b4 stopping, and ruined the moment and chances... i blew it so hard, I realized this after the next days phone calls... I stopped and went, WOW i f-d this up, but I wouldve said the same thing if I slept with her without breaking with gf "officially"

Premier1101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Premier1101
[QUOTE="Premier1101"][QUOTE="ElectronicMagic"][QUOTE="Premier1101"]

[QUOTE="ElectronicMagic"]I read your blog and I have to say I want to smack you right now. You should have just done what you wanted to, instead of screwing it up. Now from what I understand, she has a boyfriend and you now have an ex. So basically you went into that situation with a girlfriend and a friend who wanted to do the nasty, and then you came out without either girl. How does that happen?ElectronicMagic

shoulda banged her.

I hope it works out for you, things like this suck hardcore and I hate anyone having to go through it. Goodluck man.

thanks man, I really appreciate the good words, I will blog what happens at the grad party, track me if you want to catch the blog when it happens, itll be saturday night.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Infatuated yes, not love. It was an "infatuation of convenience." She broke up with her long time partner who was also my close friend and since she was my friend I wanted to take our friendship to "the next level." I wrote her amazing poetry and she rejected me for hilariously untruthful reasons. Looking back I don't regret being rejected because we would have been incompatible as romantic partners or anything beyond friends. She didn't appreciate my affection and tossed me aside, her loss.
Premier1101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Premier1101

Infatuated yes, not love. It was an "infatuation of convenience." She broke up with her long time partner who was also my close friend and since she was my friend I wanted to take our friendship to "the next level." I wrote her amazing poetry and she rejected me for hilariously untruthful reasons. Looking back I don't regret being rejected because we would have been incompatible as romantic partners or anything beyond friends. She didn't appreciate my affection and tossed me aside, her loss.foxhound_fox

defintely, i wouldnt reject u, cause ura smart sexay guy! :oops:

[spoiler] jk :P [/spoiler]

Honenheim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Honenheim
Member since 2007 • 5402 Posts
Yes i have, as a result, were no longer friends.........the end:|:?:(:cry:
linkthewindow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#21 linkthewindow
Member since 2005 • 5654 Posts
Yes, I did last year. It was a pain, as she liked me too. Kind of destroyed said friendship :cry:.
Lord_Daemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22 Lord_Daemon
Member since 2005 • 24535 Posts

Yes I did fall in love with a friend.

I tried to ask her out for a real date.

She told me she wasn't interested.

End of story.

dooly420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 dooly420
Member since 2005 • 8783 Posts
she wasn't exactly a friend, but she wasn't someone i had planned on falling for either. three years later, i still think about her.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e408b026e3
deactivated-5e0e408b026e3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-5e0e408b026e3
Member since 2006 • 7099 Posts
Am currently.... have been for like 18 months now:lol:
Vfanek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Vfanek
Member since 2006 • 7719 Posts
Aye
Halo116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Halo116
Member since 2008 • 424 Posts

Yes, a few times:P

Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Juggernaut140
Member since 2007 • 36011 Posts
Yeah and she's going out with some douche bag who's 4 years older than her.
SaviourJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SaviourJustice
Member since 2007 • 489 Posts
yes, and it lasted for two years (could'nt tell her my feelingss then XD). Long story short, she became my best friends ^_^
-Montauk-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 -Montauk-
Member since 2007 • 880 Posts
Yeah... my best friend actually...
Am currently.... have been for like 18 months now:lol:Cougarhart61
Over two years, top that! :P
gameroz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#30 gameroz
Member since 2005 • 2900 Posts
no screw that love BS
KG86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 KG86
Member since 2007 • 6021 Posts
Yes, I've dated a few friends before, I never learn...
trentman7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 trentman7
Member since 2007 • 2969 Posts
Yup.I was a good friend to her, always being there when she was in trouble, making her laugh etc, eventually asked her out and she said no..........it hurt bad lol but im probably smarter now and a lot more cautious of women, though it still sucks.
freek666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 freek666
Member since 2007 • 22312 Posts
Already am in love with a friend. I know we'll never be together though. Absolutely no chance in hell. I'll just stay friends with her.Hinata237
I hear that. I actually had a chance, but didnt take up on it. Now if I was to try something it would look stupid and people would ask "Why didnt you do that 2 years ago?"
XxSTILL_BORNxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 XxSTILL_BORNxX
Member since 2007 • 5749 Posts
Yes i have, as a result, were no longer friends.........the end:|:?:(:cry:Honenheim

Same.:cry:
EMOEVOLUTION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 EMOEVOLUTION
Member since 2008 • 8998 Posts
Who doesn't fall in love with their friends? I find it surprising how hard it is for some people to feel emotions. I can fall in love with anyone. And there are many people I do love.
ALTER_duo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ALTER_duo
Member since 2007 • 2206 Posts
I have... and still am
scotty15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 scotty15
Member since 2005 • 688 Posts

Yes. shes been my best friend for 3 years, i was going to tell her how i felt last year but decided against it in the end as i didnt wanna ruin our friendship and also she lived in a different country anyway. Shes moving back to my country in june, ill see how it goes when i start seeing her again, i wouldnt rule out being a couple with her, but whatever happens im going to let her know how i feel/felt abt her. If not im going to always wonder abt what might have been.

On a side note, these kinds of situations kinda suck =/

Avatar image for rinkegekido2110
rinkegekido2110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 rinkegekido2110
Member since 2004 • 617 Posts

Arrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhh!

Sorry for that, but this sort of thing angers me to no end because it directly reminds me of how I screwed up a perfectly good friendship by falling in love! Not only that, but any attempt to restore said friendship is sabotaged by the fact that I'm still in love with her! It's been years now, and still no end in sight!

Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts

Yeah. We're probably gonna get married :o

methree15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 methree15
Member since 2008 • 620 Posts

have feelings for someone who is almost my friend.

no worries, semester just ended so when I come back in august I can stop the friendship from forming first. Good thing I saw what was happening and stopped it.

Efielret

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#41 Efielret
Member since 2008 • 1617 Posts
Yes.. I have, but I realized it's not going to work since I hardly talk to her, and now I have a girlfriend.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
Yeah... my best friend actually... [QUOTE="Cougarhart61"]Am currently.... have been for like 18 months now:lol:-Montauk-
Over two years, top that! :P

5 years :). And she was like, my best friend lulz.
hormagaunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#43 hormagaunt
Member since 2003 • 6309 Posts
the friend zone is evil
Premier1101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Premier1101

the friend zone is evilhormagaunt

I know what you mean

fear2max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 fear2max
Member since 2008 • 442 Posts
ya it happens to me alot lol. aint my fault my friends are hot?
Rum_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Rum_Monkey
Member since 2008 • 132 Posts
Yeah, this beautiful Romanian girl in highschool years back. Oh man. I still look at her myspace pictures to this day... and save them on my hard drive. Does this make me weird?
clock_of_omens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 clock_of_omens
Member since 2005 • 5595 Posts
i wouldnt say i fell in love with her but i really like her
Mr_sprinkles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Mr_sprinkles
Member since 2005 • 6461 Posts

Yeah, I'm going out with her. Almost a year now. Going out with friends is usually either really really good or really really bad.

Sometimes taking it to the next level makes people go all serious and you stop being friends so you can start being 'lovers'. Those usually end up being the bad times.

The good times are when you carry on being best mates, but with all the 'in a relationship' benefits. :D

fear2max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 fear2max
Member since 2008 • 442 Posts

Yeah, this beautiful Romanian girl in highschool years back. Oh man. I still look at her myspace pictures to this day... and save them on my hard drive. Does this make me weird?Rum_Monkey

lol yup

frankyfitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 frankyfitz
Member since 2004 • 4528 Posts
I lusted after a friend, but got over her