Emo Kids vs Gangster Kids

• 97 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Nwordjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Nwordjohn
Member since 2008 • 575 Posts

Emo kid are a plague, a plague that we can't seem to get rid of. Why has it become a style for kids to dress and act like their suburban life is the worst thing going? They try to make excuses like they're "non-conformists" and yet they're dressing and acting just like every other emo kid out there. Its annoying. Every time I go to the mall to buy my beef jerky and deodorant there they are, sitting at a corner table dressed in black looking at the floor.

On the other side of the coin are 25- cents (Half of 50, that is). The white ones who are also from the same suburbs as the emo kids but like to pretend they are from the hood. They are also at the mall too. But instead of sitting down being emo they're usually walking around actin' gangsta and blasting rap music from their Ipods they got for christmas from their mothers. Its annoying as hell.

They are basically two sides of a coin. One wants to show how bad his life is by acting tough and gangsta-ish. The other shows how bad their life is by crying about it and listening to terrible music.

Am I the only one with this problem?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts

If you can't beat em....

Also, malls are the plague, not those that frequent the malls.

Avatar image for RainandSunshine
RainandSunshine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 RainandSunshine
Member since 2007 • 406 Posts

Emo kid are a plague, a plague that we can't seem to get rid of. Why has it become a style for kids to dress and act like their suburban life is the worst thing going? They try to make excuses like they're "non-conformists" and yet they're dressing and acting just like every other emo kid out there. Its annoying. Every time I go to the mall to buy my beef jerky and deodorant there they are, sitting at a corner table dressed in black looking at the floor.

On the other side of the coin are 25- cents (Half of 50, that is). The white ones who are also from the same suburbs as the emo kids but like to pretend they are from the hood. They are also at the mall too. But instead of sitting down being emo they're usually walking around actin' gangsta and blasting rap music from their Ipods they got for christmas from their mothers. Its annoying as hell.

They are basically two sides of a coin. One wants to show how bad his life is by acting tough and gangsta-ish. The other shows how bad their life is by crying about it and listening to terrible music.

Nwordjohn

Another fear monger with low tolerance to behaviours he doesn't understand so he makes broad generalizations about a group of people. Way to continue the human hate machine.

kingdre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 kingdre
Member since 2005 • 9456 Posts
Emos and suburban gangsta wannabes... *shakes head*
Nwordjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Nwordjohn
[QUOTE="Nwordjohn"]

RainandSunshine

Another fear monger with low tolerance to behaviours he doesn't understand so he makes broad generalizations about a group of people. Way to continue the human hate machine.

The human hate machine give me a break. If there wasn't rap music there wouldn't be homie kids trying to act like 50 cent. It just annoys me.

Avatar image for DeeJayInphinity
DeeJayInphinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 DeeJayInphinity
Member since 2004 • 13415 Posts
No you're the first person to notice them.. and the first to create broad generalizations about the entire population
cosmostein77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 102

#7 cosmostein77
Member since 2004 • 7043 Posts
Some Kids today have WAY to much free time on their hands,
RainandSunshine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RainandSunshine
[QUOTE="RainandSunshine"][QUOTE="Nwordjohn"]

Nwordjohn

The human hate machine give me a break. If there wasn't rap music there wouldn't be homie kids trying to act like 50 cent. It just annoys me.

You're displaying the number one human behavior. Fear and intollerance for what you don't understand. IT's okay, you can be like majority of the population and walk around disliking people because they don't share your perception of reality.. on the other hand you're just like them.

But I do forgive you from the bottom of my heart because I for one understand the limitations of human reasoning. I don't mind that your intellect is limited to false perceptions and judgements of others who don't immitate your choice of culture.

Nwordjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Nwordjohn
[QUOTE="Nwordjohn"][QUOTE="RainandSunshine"][QUOTE="Nwordjohn"]

RainandSunshine

[/QUOTE}

You're displaying the number one human behavior. Fear and intollerance for what you don't understand. IT's okay, you can be like majority of the population and walk around disliking people because they don't share your perception of reality.. on the other hand you're just like them.

Okay, now I'm not saying every gangsta kid causes trouble but a majority of them in my city are criminals. They walk around starting fights with people for looking at them, break into houses, rob stores and try to be like the rap stars the idolize. I don't need to understand these people to understand the consequences their actions have on society at large. As for emo kids, grow up, your life isn't as bad as you make it out to be.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts
You are overgeneralizing. I blame it on global warming.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5e836a855beb2

As for emo kids, grow up, your life isn't as bad as you make it out to be.Nwordjohn
I remember being a teenager. It sucked a lot of the time. Who are you to tell them they're dressing wrong or whatever?

Now, taking it to extremes with cutting oneself or whatever is a problem, trying to define individuality by pain confuses me, but if they want to wear black or get piercings or have odd hair, it's their deal.

Nwordjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Nwordjohn
I'm all for people who want to dress in the punk rock style. Having green hair and all of that. But those annoying kids with the side parts going on about their rough suburban life grinds my gears. You want a hard life try moving to a third world country where you don't know if you're going to eat or not.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5e836a855beb2

You want a hard life try moving to a third world country where you don't know if you're going to eat or not. Nwordjohn
But then you wouldn't have the time or energy to decide how to express your inner turmoil to the outside world with a careful selection of clothes, attitude, and hairstyle :?

Nwordjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Nwordjohn

[QUOTE="Nwordjohn"]You want a hard life try moving to a third world country where you don't know if you're going to eat or not. Jandurin

But then you wouldn't have the time or energy to decide how to express your inner turmoil to the outside world with a careful selection of clothes, attitude, and hairstyle :?

You don't even know how much that made me laugh.

RainandSunshine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 RainandSunshine

I'm all for people who want to dress in the punk rock style. Having green hair and all of that. But those annoying kids with the side parts going on about their rough suburban life grinds my gears. You want a hard life try moving to a third world country where you don't know if you're going to eat or not. Nwordjohn

You're just mad that no one wants to dress and act like you. I don't blame them your simple primate intelligence is rather silly. But I'd still be your friend because of your limitations to reason. I don't dislike people based on how they choose to be. Even though you choose to be an ***. I'd still help you out of you needed a hand. That's called being a kind considerate person. I wouldn't run around ranting about how annoying you are.

arabi_89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 arabi_89
Member since 2006 • 1299 Posts

well you can end that with one sentence, whats wrong has to stop!

if they do wrong things then someone has to stop them..

Edit: you might wanna help them out of their mood or correct others who intoxicate themselves

Nwordjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Nwordjohn

[QUOTE="Nwordjohn"]I'm all for people who want to dress in the punk rock style. Having green hair and all of that. But those annoying kids with the side parts going on about their rough suburban life grinds my gears. You want a hard life try moving to a third world country where you don't know if you're going to eat or not. RainandSunshine

You're just mad that no one wants to dress and act like you. I don't blame them your simple primate intelligence is rather silly. But I'd still be your friend because of your limitations to reason. I don't dislike people based on how they choose to be. Even though you choose to be an ***. I'd still help you out of you needed a hand. That's called being a kind considerate person. I wouldn't run around ranting about how annoying you are.

I suppose thats what seperates the men from the boys, our ability to express what truly angers us. I tolerate people who are different in the sense that I don't mind people with tattoos, piercings, religions, sexual orientation. But children who have the audacity to wear their emotions on their sleaves because they feel their life is so deprived make me sick. Trying to insult my intelligence won't work either sunshine, it just shows that you're intollerant of my kickassery.

RainandSunshine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 RainandSunshine

I'm still waiting for you to say something logical and eye opening.

All you're doing is saying you don't like certain groups of people because their behavior annoys you. Seems pretty simple minded to me. Almost like you're wasting your time trying to controll other people for no good reason.

Here is some advice to you. If you don't like the way someone behaves.. instead of calling them names or thinking about how annoying they are--focus your mind in a positive direction.

There is no point sitting around allowing yourself to be annoyed by factors you cannot change. And shouldn't want to change. Human surivival has depended on our ability to function under many settings. Why would you want everyone to be the same. That would guarentee the end of our species.

Nwordjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Nwordjohn

I never said I wanted everyone to be the same, I merely said I want kids to stop being huge babies. Its a trend these days for kids to be whiny brats. They listen to their emo music, wear their emo clothes and put out the image that their life is rough. Its a trend to be depressed?

As for gangstas. You can't tell me you don't get a chuckle out of seeing a 100lb white kid decked out in G-Unit clothes acting like he is tough. Its good for a laugh. Makes my trips to the malls annoying having to walk past them and their baby strollers.

WildLIkeChild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 WildLIkeChild
Member since 2007 • 1758 Posts

[QUOTE="Nwordjohn"] As for emo kids, grow up, your life isn't as bad as you make it out to be.Jandurin

I remember being a teenager. It sucked a lot of the time. Who are you to tell them they're dressing wrong or whatever?

Now, taking it to extremes with cutting oneself or whatever is a problem, trying to define individuality by pain confuses me, but if they want to wear black or get piercings or have odd hair, it's their deal.

People don't cut to be an individual. They either do it for pity, which is the stupidest thing ever, or as a stress relief. Physical pain can lessen emotional pain.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5e836a855beb2

People don't cut to be an individual. They either do it for pity, which is the stupidest thing ever, or as a stress relief. Physical pain can lessen emotional pain. WildLIkeChild
Well, as I said, it confuses me. I guess I can get physical pain to lessen emotional pain, actually. Not that I think it's a good idea, but that technically would work. Until the physical pain went away and the emotional pain came crashing back in that much stronger for the brief release found.

:?

WildLIkeChild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 WildLIkeChild

[QUOTE="WildLIkeChild"]People don't cut to be an individual. They either do it for pity, which is the stupidest thing ever, or as a stress relief. Physical pain can lessen emotional pain. Jandurin

Well, as I said, it confuses me. I guess I can get physical pain to lessen emotional pain, actually. Not that I think it's a good idea, but that technically would work. Until the physical pain went away and the emotional pain came crashing back in that much stronger for the brief release found.

Which is why it becomes an addiction.

Nwordjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Nwordjohn
[QUOTE="Jandurin"]

[QUOTE="WildLIkeChild"]People don't cut to be an individual. They either do it for pity, which is the stupidest thing ever, or as a stress relief. Physical pain can lessen emotional pain. WildLIkeChild

Which is why it becomes an addiction.

Which further proves my point that kids these days are either A) Getting beat too much or B) Not getting beat enough. If you cut yourself for fun, then you're just crying for attention in all the wrong ways. Some kids will play sports or do good at school for attention. Why others choose to cut themselves is beyond me. At the same time its just Social Darwinism if they strike a vein.

RainandSunshine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 RainandSunshine
Still waiting for you to say something original and interesting. Seems to me you're just throwing a tantrum because mom took your sucker away.
WildLIkeChild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 WildLIkeChild

Which further proves my point that kids these days are either A) Getting beat too much or B) Not getting beat enough. If you cut yourself for fun, then you're just crying for attention in all the wrong ways. Some kids will play sports or do good at school for attention. Why others choose to cut themselves is beyond me. At the same time its just Social Darwinism if they strike a vein.

Nwordjohn

People don't really do it for fun, it's either a cry for attention, which is stupid, or an addictive stress relief.

It's hard to understand if you've never been in the situation.

Nwordjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Nwordjohn

Still waiting for you to say something original and interesting. Seems to me you're just throwing a tantrum because mom took your sucker away.RainandSunshine

I seem to have struck a chord with you if you continue to check this thread and try to pick apart my statements. But it did upset me that my mother took my sucker away, maybe I'll dress in black and listen to Linkin Park.

Ignignokt104

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Ignignokt104
Member since 2006 • 4624 Posts

I don't see a lot of emo kids around my area but there's a lot of wanna-be gangsta's and they're very annoying. I was at Bestbuy a few days ago buying some DVDs and 2 of them got in line behind me and started making fun of this little kid for buying Guitar Hero. They weren't saying anything to him directly but they went off on how "you have to be a ****in' failure at real life if you have to play a video game guitar", and they made sure they said it loud enough for the kid to hear. I couldn't help but thinking that maybe they should be a little more concerned with their own lives rather than trying to make some kid feel bad for enjoying a game.

Nwordjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Nwordjohn

I don't see a lot of emo kids around my area but there's a lot of wanna-be gangsta's and they're very annoying. I was at Bestbuy a few days ago buying some DVDs and 2 of them got in line behind me and started making fun of this little kid for buying Guitar Hero. They weren't saying anything to him directly but they went off on how "you have to be a ****in' failure at real life if you have to play a video game guitar", and they made sure they said it loud enough for the kid to hear. I couldn't help but thinking that maybe they should be a little more concerned with their own lives rather than trying to make some kid feel bad for enjoying a game.

Ignignokt104

Point proven. They always try to put off this macho-gangsta image to make themselves feel better about themselves. They all do it too. They walk like gorillas even if they're 100 lbs because they know they "gotta be real g's".

Avatar image for ConkerAndBerri2
ConkerAndBerri2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 ConkerAndBerri2
Member since 2008 • 2009 Posts
emo kids are weak, they act all depressed all the time and its a bunch of crap, what reason should they not enjoy life as it is? and yes i was an emo and im a kid that saw the light, and for all those emo kids out there whats the point of cutting yourself? will it get you anywhere? will it solve your problems? will it help "stop the pain"? hell no, all it does is leave scars on your arms that your going to regret when you finally learn to grow the hell up. most emo kids just are emo because its a fad, every time i see one im ask them, whats so bad about your life? your not homeless so quit being a damn brat. this is just one of the topics that piss me off, and there are different types of "gangster" kids, example, the PSP guy i know everyone knows who he is and that is what you call a poser, ive grown up around the ghetto, and it doesnt bother me that much, only reason people deal drugs and all that is because theyre stranded and they have to do what they have to do to survive. im not for gangs and all that though. honestly i think gangs are just stupid reasons people in the ghettos are fighting.
rastaman219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 rastaman219
Member since 2006 • 3032 Posts
TC i take it you were bulied by the emo kids so tried to joing the ganstaz but they rejected ya'? Am i right or am i right?
N8A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 N8A
Member since 2007 • 18602 Posts
Stay out of the mall. Shop online.
Avatar image for SmashBrosLegend
SmashBrosLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 SmashBrosLegend
Member since 2006 • 11344 Posts
They're everywhere. I don't really mind them, but I do hate the way they dress. The emos around here all wear their sister's pants, and it's obscene. Girl pants are not equipped to house guy parts. Similarly, the "gangsta" kids always have their asses hanging out, and that's not something I want to see either.
Aquat1cF1sh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Aquat1cF1sh
Member since 2006 • 11096 Posts
Meh. I don't mind gangsters, they can actually be quite friendly.
Thevenin167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Thevenin167
Member since 2008 • 768 Posts

Peoples perseptions of gangsters are bias on location, people who live in high crime areas tend to view then negitively whereas people the live in low crime areas view them postively/neutral/or as a minor annoyance.

smarb001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#36 smarb001
Member since 2005 • 2325 Posts

focus your mind in a positive direction.

RainandSunshine

HAHA.:lol: Being happy around emo kids is not only impossible, as they drain the life out of everything around them, but the emos would flock upon you and suck your blood, trying to get high off of your pain :lol: Life is what you make of it, your life sucks because you're making it suck, deal with it, don't shove it in everybody's face.

smarb001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#37 smarb001
Member since 2005 • 2325 Posts

Is it wrong that I would love to see these two groups face each other in gladiatorial combat for my amusement?

Either way, everybody wins!

Bio_Spark

You're winner!

Best idea EVAR!

Wilfred_Owen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#38 Wilfred_Owen
Member since 2005 • 20964 Posts
I'm a little disgusted that they make there own decisions on how to live there life. Stop making choices dammit!!!
Solid_Snake325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#39 Solid_Snake325
Member since 2006 • 6091 Posts
No you're the first person to notice them.. and the first to create broad generalizations about the entire populationDeeJayInphinity
tons of people do that...
CptJSparrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 CptJSparrow
Member since 2007 • 10898 Posts
Er... you are not the one with the problem.
ds360fn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#41 ds360fn
Member since 2006 • 1184 Posts

this is why emos phail...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=845xblOm4Yk

TheFlush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#42 TheFlush
Member since 2002 • 5965 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCaeko9qHrI This south park episode was so cool! the emo kids could only be nonconformists if they drink coffee and wear black clothes haha. But in a way it holds some truth, emo's aren't unique or individual, neither are gangster-wanabe's or any other group. I once went to a poetry/art night at a lounge bar, all the people there thought they were so 'artsy' but they were all wearing black and doing the same things, they looked like clones. I thought it was amusing.
rb2610

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 rb2610
Member since 2007 • 3325 Posts

Ignignokt104

Thats pretty dumb considering that the 'gangstas' music of preference is normally a guy talking rapidly over synthesised noise, guitar hero requires much more skill than that.

Emos are less annoying because they keep to themselves, however 'gangstas' are outwardly being a pain in the ass.

Thiago26792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Thiago26792
Member since 2007 • 11059 Posts
Just don't interact with them if you don't like their style. Or are they really doing something bad to you?
Fire_Ants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Fire_Ants
Member since 2005 • 4256 Posts

Just don't interact with them if you don't like their style. Or are they really doing something bad to you?Thiago26792

I agree, Live and Let Live.

BTW, generalized a bit?

markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 markop2003
Member since 2005 • 29917 Posts

Gangsta is worse here it generally means they're a chav, emos just leave you alone if you leave them alone

Chavs think it is fun to threaton and imtimdate others

Lil_Dwayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Lil_Dwayne
Member since 2008 • 629 Posts
[QUOTE="RainandSunshine"][QUOTE="Nwordjohn"]

Nwordjohn

Do yourself a favor and stfu, you are just makin yourself look stupid.

Thevenin167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Thevenin167
Member since 2008 • 768 Posts

Gangsta is worse here it generally means they're a chav, emos just leave you alone if you leave them alone

Chavs think it is fun to threaton and imtimdate others

markop2003

yea, like i said earlyer, most people that stick up for gangsters must come from nice nieghberhoods because the gangsters i live around interfer in peoples lives more ways then one.

Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Tjeremiah1988
Member since 2003 • 16665 Posts
gangsta kids? I think not