dragon ball good or not

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ajchicago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#1 ajchicago
Member since 2007 • 33 Posts

(sorry if this thread exsists if so tell me and ill jus deleate it) ok i really think dragonball evolution is really really going to suk major nuts since they want to make it more...futurestic? i guess i dont know but its nothing like the original anime soo thats why i think its going to suck....it comes out soon so i want some of your thoughts and see what you guys think about the movie???do you think is going to be a blockbuster smash or a big giant sitinker????

DazedDarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#2 DazedDarkness
Member since 2008 • 2261 Posts

More Futuristic! Lol, no man, they did go more dark though. If you noticed DB, amd DBZ had some pretty crazy stuff. Somehow dinosaurs got brought back, Aliens were actually normal on earth, Andrioids and stuff. Bulma's capsules and stuff, Dragon Ball was some messed up future slash past world where dinosaurs were still alive, and robots and mad scientist were acceptable on earth.

ajchicago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#3 ajchicago
Member since 2007 • 33 Posts

ya man really good point i really havent looked at it that way! thx!=)

swazidoughman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

#4 swazidoughman
Member since 2008 • 3520 Posts

More Futuristic! Lol, no man, they did go more dark though. If you noticed DB, amd DBZ had some pretty crazy stuff. Somehow dinosaurs got brought back, Aliens were actually normal on earth, Andrioids and stuff. Bulma's capsules and stuff, Dragon Ball was some messed up future slash past world where dinosaurs were still alive, and robots and mad scientist were acceptable on earth.

DazedDarkness

And talking pigs

jehuty12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 jehuty12
Member since 2005 • 409 Posts

Dragonball was okay, but DBZ was horrible! I watched it like any other kid when I was younger, but I now realize how crappy the show actually was. Anyone who still has fond memories of that show and think Dragonball: Evolution is ruining the franchise should go back and rewatch some DBZ episodes.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

Dragonball was okay, but DBZ was horrible! I watched it like any other kid when I was younger, but I now realize how crappy the show actually was. Anyone who still has fond memories of that show and think Dragonball: Evolution is ruining the franchise should go back and rewatch some DBZ episodes.

jehuty12

Uh yeah you're entitled to your opinion and all, but age has nothing to do with it. I started watching DBZ when I was around 12 and still enjoy it just as much as a 22 year old. The fact is the movie is ruining the show with all the changes in character personalities and story. The reviews tend to say the same thing as well. Seriously, Goku getting a Dragonball for his 18th birthday? WTF?!

6_volts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 6_volts
Member since 2008 • 5520 Posts
It wasn't a masterpiece but it had its moments.
JenniFRESH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 JenniFRESH
Member since 2009 • 167 Posts

It looks freakin' dumb.

sonic__323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#9 sonic__323
Member since 2007 • 23684 Posts

I think that movie is going to terrible but Ithink mightsee it just to see how it is.

jehuty12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 jehuty12
Member since 2005 • 409 Posts

Uh yeah you're entitled to your opinion and all, but age has nothing to do with it. I started watching DBZ when I was around 12 and still enjoy it just as much as a 22 year old. The fact is the movie is ruining the show with all the changes in character personalities and story. The reviews tend to say the same thing as well. Seriously, Goku getting a Dragonball for his 18th birthday? WTF?!

Renegade_Fury

Ridicolous and stupid dialogue, endless waiting and boredom between fights, stupid, pointless, annoying characters (anybody besides main villians, Goku, and Vegeta), bad (and often repeated) animations, taking 5 or 6 episodes to show a fight that last 5 minutes, etc.

Basically DBZ has all of the bad elements that plague animes; and,like most fanboy plagued anime series, is vastly overrated.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

[QUOTE="Renegade_Fury"]

jehuty12

Ridicolous and stupid dialogue, endless waiting and boredom between fights, stupid, pointless, annoying characters (anybody besides main villians, Goku, and Vegeta), bad (and often repeated) animations, taking 5 or 6 episodes to show a fight that last 5 minutes, etc.

Basically DBZ has all of the bad elements that plague animes; and,like most fanboy plagued anime series, is vastly overrated.

K that's great. I said you can have your own opinion, I don't care about convincing you to like it, in fact I couldn't care less. I just wanted to point out age has nothing to do with liking it, and that the story and character personalities have been utterly thrashed in this movie.

KidMob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 KidMob
Member since 2008 • 474 Posts

From what I hearDragonball: Evolutiondid amazingly well in Asia, breaking records for the fox corporation over there.

I'm not gonna go see it, but I'll bet a ton of DBZ fans will no matter how horrible it seems to be.

And when I was 8 years old the TV show was a very big deal. I hadn't met a boy who wasn't a fan of it.