Does your girlfriend or any girl you know do this too?

• 104 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mr-sheep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 mr-sheep
Member since 2006 • 2235 Posts

I come to you with a question, I've been going out with my girlfriend for a little bit now, she's great and all but something keeps getting to me about her. She barely ever texts me first to start a conversation since we started going out. I always initiate conversations with her, I always have to call her up or text her first for a conversation to pop up. The only time she'd only contact me first hand is if we're in a fight, only then will she come to me to talk if I'm not saying anything. It would be nice to have her text me or call me first once in a while, but I guess I can live with things as it is since our phone calls and SMS conversations go by great and without a hitch. Hell I just got off like a near four hour phone call with her just now.

I've talked to her about it and she says that it's completely normal for girls to do what she's doing. I tell her no and that nearly every other girl I've been with either than her has always texted or called me first to initiate conversations. But anyways, to you guys or girls out here on OT, is it normal for the guy to do all the initiating?!?! Oh and she specifically told me to go on here to ask you guys, she thinks she's in the right so I'll be showing her your responses later on :D

Thanks for the response if you do respond haha.

astrozombie37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 astrozombie37
Member since 2010 • 2687 Posts

Uhhhh no it's not normal. :? I initiate convos a lot with my bf but he does too. It is about 50/50 for us and it is about the same for all the other couples I know.

CleanPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#3 CleanPlayer
Member since 2008 • 9822 Posts
Ya I had a girl who did the same thing! I hate how we have to do all the work...it gets annoying
mrs-sheep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mrs-sheep
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
See baby? Told you you was wrong.
br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17878 Posts

She's playing with you. If you submit, that's not so good.

Make her work for it. Make her crawl back. I said CRAWL!

NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 NetYankEagle
Member since 2007 • 11090 Posts
you are not the only one i am currently having that problem and sometimes it pisses me off when she aks if im mad because i didnt txt her the whole day..i always respond "texting works both ways"
mr-sheep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mr-sheep
you are not the only one i am currently having that problem and sometimes it pisses me off when she aks if im mad because i didnt txt her the whole day..i always respond "texting works both ways"NetYankEagle
Dude yesterday, I tried something with her, I didn't talk to her the entire day and then when I finally did later on in at night, she tells me she didn't text me because she thinks she'll be disturbing me if I'm doing something -_- Geeeez it ain't like imma blow her off if I'm in the middle of something.
GTA_dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GTA_dude
Member since 2004 • 18358 Posts
Lol, I rarely text first. She'll text me first, and if I wait too long to text back, you'll text me again or early the next day. My last girlfriend was the same lol, she had to wake up earlier then me for work, so she always sent me a good morning text before I woke up. It was really sweet :)
Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts
Ya I had a girl who did the same thing! I hate how we have to do all the work...it gets annoyingCleanPlayer
Right on.
mr-sheep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mr-sheep

[QUOTE="CleanPlayer"]Ya I had a girl who did the same thing! I hate how we have to do all the work...it gets annoyingHexagon_777
Right on.

Us guys put in 90% of the effort into these relationships, I swear.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Hexagon_777

My girl does that to some extent but she knows I love the hunt. She does complain when we haven't spoken for like a day or so. I need to call her today since I haven't managed to all week.

GTA_dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 GTA_dude
Member since 2004 • 18358 Posts
[QUOTE="Hexagon_777"][QUOTE="CleanPlayer"]Ya I had a girl who did the same thing! I hate how we have to do all the work...it gets annoyingmr-sheep
Right on.

Us guys put in 90% of the effort into the relationships, I swear.

Eh, not always true. I put absolutely no effort into relationships anymore, yet I have a girl who will pretty much do anything for me. Are you still in high school?
Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Hexagon_777

[QUOTE="Hexagon_777"][QUOTE="CleanPlayer"]Ya I had a girl who did the same thing! I hate how we have to do all the work...it gets annoyingmr-sheep
Right on.

Right on to you too, bro. I myself enjoy the chase, though, and she knows that unfortunately. I like making her happy. I like surprising her. I like talking to her. I can't wait till her birthday comes up.

TweekzAlot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TweekzAlot
Member since 2010 • 318 Posts

Yep same problem. It pisses me off

NuclearFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 NuclearFlower
Member since 2010 • 575 Posts
Is this really that big of a deal...? >_>
mr-sheep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mr-sheep
[QUOTE="mr-sheep"][QUOTE="Hexagon_777"]Right on.GTA_dude

Eh, not always true. I put absolutely no effort into relationships anymore, yet I have a girl who will pretty much do anything for me. Are you still in high school?

Well okay braaah, I guess not all of us put our time into these things. But yeah man I'm still a senior in highschool.
Avatar image for deactivated-61d91d42c39df
deactivated-61d91d42c39df

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#17 deactivated-61d91d42c39df
Member since 2002 • 2741 Posts

Is this really that big of a deal...? >_>NuclearFlower

yeah it is.

because it starts to feel like only one person is caring about the relationship.

Diablo-B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 Diablo-B
Member since 2009 • 4063 Posts
It may not be that big of a deal, she's probably not doing it intentionally. I used to act the same way with my gfs, I would wait for them to call/txt me. If we went the whole day without talking then maybe I might give her a shout before bed but I was never the type to be constantly behind her, checking up on her. There could be a number of reasons why she seems to always wait for you to start the convo, half of which aren't negative. Maybe you set the precedence that you would get things going in the relationship and sub-consicously she doesn't want to change that. Or she might see you as the head of the relationship and assumes that you will be the first to start things. It could be a number of reasons so don't get bent out of shape because of it.
Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts

I've talked to her about it and she says that it's completely normal for girls to do what she's doing.

mr-sheep

So you told her something she does bothers you, and her response was basically "Tough ****"? That's not good.

mr-sheep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mr-sheep

[QUOTE="mr-sheep"]

I've talked to her about it and she says that it's completely normal for girls to do what she's doing.

Palantas

So you told her something she does bothers you, and her response was basically "Tough ****"? That's not good.

Well yeah I guess, but this matter is trivial honestly, I just wanted to know if there are others out there in the same situation haha.
Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
She doesn't really like you maybe thats why she doesn't contect you first, I guess... it's only fair when she's showing that she cares too.
zmbi_gmr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 zmbi_gmr
Member since 2008 • 3590 Posts

it's not really normal for girls to not call / text a guy, but in the grand scheme of things this really isn't a deal breaker. just deal with it, and enjoy the relationship that you have.

Ronstera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Ronstera
Member since 2007 • 6112 Posts
Maybe she's not the sweet/romantic type of chick.. Some chicks are just cold and doesn't show much affection to their love ones..
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts
Your girlfriend told you to share the troubles of your relationship on Gamespot.com and get back to her about the responses? On the serious?
mr-sheep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 mr-sheep
Your girlfriend told you to share the troubles of your relationship on Gamespot.com and get back to her about the responses? On the serious? Ninja-Hippo
YEAAAAH BRAAAH! I'm actually showing it to her right now :D She says all the people who agree with her are right and those that agree with me a wrong haha.
MissLibrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MissLibrarian
Member since 2008 • 9589 Posts

I seldom text guys unless they have text me first, and if I were in a relationship I would wait for him to contact me too. I don't want to be one of those 'desperate' girls who are always texting despite having nothing of interest to say. Like, 'Hi! Just thinkin of you XXXXXXX' who needs to hear that?

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Hexagon_777

[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]Your girlfriend told you to share the troubles of your relationship on Gamespot.com and get back to her about the responses? On the serious? mr-sheep
YEAAAAH BRAAAH! I'm actually showing it to her right now :D She says all the people who agree with her are right and those that agree with me a wrong haha.

You're lucky. Mine just says she's right coz she's got a pair of them boobs.

tofu-lion91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 tofu-lion91
Member since 2008 • 13496 Posts

I tell her no and that nearly every other girl I've been with either than her has always texted or called me first to initiate conversations.mr-sheep

BAD move there, she doesn't want to hear about how she compares to ex's!

Ya I had a girl who did the same thing! I hate how we have to do all the work...it gets annoyingCleanPlayer

I've been out with blokes who do the same though so both sexes are to blame for this one! :)

I went out with someone who NEVER initiated convos and it used to drive me mad, I always felt clingy starting it every time and he never made any effort to carry the conversation on. Then I went out with someone completely opposite and it made me relax and never start them. Now I'm at a happy medium with my bf so I think it depends on who you're going out with.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Hexagon_777

I seldom text guys unless they have text me first, and if I were in a relationship I would wait for him to contact me too. I don't want to be one of those 'desperate' girls who are always texting despite having nothing of interest to say. Like, 'Hi! Just thinkin of you XXXXXXX' who needs to hear that?MissLibrarian
You musn't underestimate the power of the force. Or in this case, don't think that letting your partner know that you are thinking of them doesn't make them feel warm and fuzzy inside. It does become annoying when done in excess and written in the way that you wrote it, but a little "Just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you. :-)" every couple of days is win.

zoraluv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 zoraluv
Member since 2010 • 8319 Posts
O_o most guys i've ever known have done that(you txt the convo first and then the guy talks back) girls normally talk and start convo's...........
MissLibrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MissLibrarian
Member since 2008 • 9589 Posts

[QUOTE="MissLibrarian"]Who needs to hear that?Hexagon_777

You musn't underestimate the power of the force... a little "Just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you. :-)" every couple of days is win.

I didn't mean it to sound quite as harsh as it came across really :lol: But I have been told before how annoying random girly texting can be to the opposite sex, and so I probably am overly-cautious on some level now.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
Usually my girlfriends and now my wife initiate conversations and stuff with me... otherwise they'd never see me.......... i suck at calling people
Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Hexagon_777

[QUOTE="Hexagon_777"][QUOTE="MissLibrarian"]Who needs to hear that?MissLibrarian
You musn't underestimate the power of the force. Or in this case, don't think that letting your partner know that you are thinking of them doesn't make them feel warm and fuzzy inside. It does become annoying when done in excess and written in the way that you wrote it, but a little "Just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you. :-)" every couple of days is win.

I didn't mean it to sound quite as harsh as it came across really :lol: But I have been told before how annoying random girly texting can be to the opposite sex, and so I probably am overly-cautious on some level now.

Random is cute. Excessive, however, is no fluke.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-5e836a855beb2

I can't wait till her birthday comes up.

Hexagon_777
you mad. yep you mad i hate gifts :S
Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Hexagon_777

Usually my girlfriends and now my wife initiate conversations and stuff with me... otherwise they'd never see me.......... i suck at calling peopleJandurin
How did you get her to marry you? >_>

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-5e836a855beb2

[QUOTE="Jandurin"]Usually my girlfriends and now my wife initiate conversations and stuff with me... otherwise they'd never see me.......... i suck at calling peopleHexagon_777

How did you get her to marry you? >_>

considering a ton of other crap, i haven't a clue. one of those must be destiny things, seriously
Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Hexagon_777

[QUOTE="Hexagon_777"]I can't wait till her birthday comes up.Jandurin
you mad. yep you mad i hate gifts :S

She doesn't want me to get her anything either and she doesn't know how to react whenever I decide to be honest with her by providing affection and the like. Heck, I surprised her by telling her things that I consider pretty normal with regards to what a guy should do. She's seemingly not used to being treated well. :3

moccassins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 moccassins
Member since 2010 • 326 Posts

I have a headache. In relating to your question I read an article on relationships about how women feel the need to cooperate whereas men want to be in control. Does that answer your question?

Random__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Random__
Member since 2009 • 452 Posts
It's not normal to me atleast. Usually it's a 50/50 thing, or even a 70/30 thing.
mr-sheep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 mr-sheep

[QUOTE="Jandurin"][QUOTE="Hexagon_777"]How did you get her to marry you? >_>

medic36

considering a ton of other crap, i haven't a clue. one of those must be destiny things, seriously

dat beard man. On topic: OP, is your gf hot? Pics plz.

Ay man, straight up, she is a stunner. I don't want you fools adding her on facebook haha.

Dawq902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#44 Dawq902
Member since 2007 • 6796 Posts

No I say it's about 50/50. Sometimes i start a conversation with my girlfriend and sometimes she starts them with me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c37d3adcd094
deactivated-5c37d3adcd094

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-5c37d3adcd094
Member since 2006 • 8362 Posts
I have the complete opposite problem. The gf often nags at me for not calling / texting her first. Eh.
Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Hexagon_777

[QUOTE="medic36"][QUOTE="Jandurin"] considering a ton of other crap, i haven't a clue. one of those must be destiny things, seriouslymr-sheep
dat beard man. On topic: OP, is your gf hot? Pics plz.

Ay man, straight up, she is a stunner. I don't want you fools adding her on facebook haha.

We wouldn't be able to find her from just a pic. :P

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
Did encounter this with my ex, however this might not be the same in your case. Over the last half year it seemed like I was the only one who initiated conversations with her either over the computer and by phone, even did a test to see how long she would contact me if I stopped initiating conversations with her. It took three weeks before I got a hi. Then just before Summer she broke up with me which at that point was starting to be suspected.
Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Hexagon_777

Did encounter this with my ex, however this might not be the same in your case. Over the last half year it seemed like I was the only one who initiated conversations with her either over the computer and by phone, even did a test to see how long she would contact me if I stopped initiating conversations with her. It took three weeks before I got a hi. Then just before Summer she broke up with me which at that point was starting to be suspected.Treflis
You should have broken up much sooner. She doesn't seem like a very entertaining, fun, interested person.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

[QUOTE="Treflis"]Did encounter this with my ex, however this might not be the same in your case. Over the last half year it seemed like I was the only one who initiated conversations with her either over the computer and by phone, even did a test to see how long she would contact me if I stopped initiating conversations with her. It took three weeks before I got a hi. Then just before Summer she broke up with me which at that point was starting to be suspected.Hexagon_777

You should have broken up much sooner. She doesn't seem like a very entertaining, fun, interested person.

To be honest it did kind of come out of the blue since we were together for five years and it was just the few months over christmas that she seemed to distance herself from me, before that she was very warm and outgoing with me. Never really understood how it could change that fast and if it was my fault or not. Never argued much with her, never struck her, always been supportive and there for her. Oh well, I'll probably never know the reason.
Alter_Echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#50 Alter_Echo
Member since 2003 • 10724 Posts

No. I hate talking on the phone so if someone is waiting for me to call them they will probably die of old age before it happens.