Does the amount of Fortnite content make you want to use a different site?

TrialMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Does the amount of Fortnite content make you want to use a different site? (29 votes)

Yes 52%
No 38%
I like Fortnite, so it's great for me 10%

Personally, every time I load GameSpot (which used to be my favorite gaming site) I see 8 out of 16 articles on the homepage are Fortnite related and I instantly want to leave.

• 
pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#1 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

Not at all. I don't play Fortnite nor do I really have any feelings about it whatsoever. I do wish I had tried to get a job at Epic though since I'm in that area.....

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

Yeah, I mean here's the front page and the second article down isn't even about Fortnite. I'm not sure how I feel about these non-Fortnite articles. It makes me want to leave Fortspot altogether.

-Byshop

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56097 Posts

Honestly, I just come for the forums nowadays. Everyone tends to post there own gaming news in System wars, Game Discussion, and the big 3 console forums. It's true that not everyone isn't into the forums, the main problem is, E3 2018 is done and over. After E3, theirs hardly anything to talk about gaming news, Fortnite is getting more popular then PUBG.

So no, the amounts of Fortnite content doesn't make me want to leave GS since I'm only here for the forums. My main issue with GS is the lack of PC content but then again, I do go to PC Gamer site. If GS were to get rid of System Wars forums, I'll leave GS for good and go stay on PC Gamer.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#4 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts

Nope. If I don't like them, I don't read them.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#5 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

It's deterred me from using this as a gaming news site, that's for sure.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

I'm sort of inclined to agree. I like Gamespot articles, but all the Fortnite stuff is burying so much other gaming news atm.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DaVillain  Moderator

@mandzilla said:

I'm sort of inclined to agree. I like Gamespot articles, but all the Fortnite stuff is burying so much other gaming news atm.

There's a reason why we have forums for that stuff. Someone will post game news that GS won't bother covering.

Dr_Vancouver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Dr_Vancouver
Member since 2017 • 1046 Posts

FortSpot gonna post some stuff for other games now?

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts
@davillain- said:
@mandzilla said:

There's a reason why we have forums for that stuff. Someone will post game news that GS won't bother covering.

Yeah I guess you are right!

RicanV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 RicanV
Member since 2011 • 2624 Posts

I'm not going to another site but my visits to this site have drastically declined. I have a similar screenshot to Byshops where it is 12 fortnite articles in a row.

• "Fortnite Season 5 Tips And Tricks: What You Should Know About The Changes"
  • "Fortnite Season 5 Out Now With Map Changes, New Skins, And Battle Pass"
  • "Fortnite Season 5 Update's Patch Notes: New Map Areas, Vehicle, Rifts Detailed"
  • "Fortnite Map Gets Some Changes in Season 5"
  • "Fortnite Has Motion Controls On Nintendo Switch Thanks To Season 5 Update"
  • "Fortnite Season 5 Battle Pass: Skins, Price, Free V-Bucks, And How It Works"
  • "Fortnite Battle Pass Rewards: New Skins, Emotes, Sprays, And More for Season 5"
  • "Fortnite Ragnarok Skin: See Season 5 Battle Pass's Awesome New Level 100 Reward"
  • "Fortnite's Season 5 Challenge Guide: Lightning Bolts, Risky Reels Treasure Map And More"
  • "Fortnite's Lightning Bolt Location Guide: Where To Search Floating Lightning Bolts (Season 5, Week 1 Challenges"
  • "Fortnite Guide: Where The Risky Reels Treasure Map Is(Season 5, Week 1 Challenges)"

I grouped them into topics that could have been combined into one article. If you take a look at Byshops picture they also recycle the same pictures for the articles.

This is a site that I used to visit more than 10x a day. I am now down to 1-2 times a day if that. I understand Fortnite is hot right now but the article recycling is a bit much.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Byshop  Moderator
@RicanV said:

I'm not going to another site but my visits to this site have drastically declined. I have a similar screenshot to Byshops where it is 12 fortnite articles in a row.

• "Fortnite Season 5 Tips And Tricks: What You Should Know About The Changes"
  • "Fortnite Season 5 Out Now With Map Changes, New Skins, And Battle Pass"
  • "Fortnite Season 5 Update's Patch Notes: New Map Areas, Vehicle, Rifts Detailed"
  • "Fortnite Map Gets Some Changes in Season 5"
  • "Fortnite Has Motion Controls On Nintendo Switch Thanks To Season 5 Update"
  • "Fortnite Season 5 Battle Pass: Skins, Price, Free V-Bucks, And How It Works"
  • "Fortnite Battle Pass Rewards: New Skins, Emotes, Sprays, And More for Season 5"
  • "Fortnite Ragnarok Skin: See Season 5 Battle Pass's Awesome New Level 100 Reward"
  • "Fortnite's Season 5 Challenge Guide: Lightning Bolts, Risky Reels Treasure Map And More"
  • "Fortnite's Lightning Bolt Location Guide: Where To Search Floating Lightning Bolts (Season 5, Week 1 Challenges"
  • "Fortnite Guide: Where The Risky Reels Treasure Map Is(Season 5, Week 1 Challenges)"

I grouped them into topics that could have been combined into one article. If you take a look at Byshops picture they also recycle the same pictures for the articles.

This is a site that I used to visit more than 10x a day. I am now down to 1-2 times a day if that. I understand Fortnite is hot right now but the article recycling is a bit much.

Maybe we are heading towards a future where all games are actually Fortnite, like how all restaurants are Taco Bell in Demolition Man.

-Byshop

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DaVillain  Moderator

@RicanV: Do like I'm doing, give up on article news and just come to GS Forums from this point on. I personally always enjoying coming to GS article news myself and getting into conversation with other users who never go to the Forums. The Forums on the other hand, I come all the time and users actually post gaming news that GS won't bother posting about.

About all of those Fortnite articles. Why can't GS Staff just make an actual one page section on all Fortnite related news? That would have been a lot more helpful and not multiple articles.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#13 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

Hmm, have not noticed the Fortnite content, because I come for the forums not the new generation of teens running the news and reviews.

But if you don´t like, don´t read it

Fortnite is very popular among kids and teens, so it's not that surprising that they post a lot of content about it.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mattbbpl  Online
Member since 2006 • 23032 Posts

@Byshop said:

Maybe we are heading towards a future where all games are actually Fortnite, like how all restaurants are Taco Bell in Demolition Man.

-Byshop

Really? It's been a while since I've seen that movie, but I don't remember that.

Is that why they started using the three sea shells? Deforestation?

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#15 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

I don't bother reading the Fortnite articles, I just simply ignore them. From what i've seen, it's mainly a kids type of game.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Byshop  Moderator
@mattbbpl said:
@Byshop said:

-Byshop

Really? It's been a while since I've seen that movie, but I don't remember that.

Is that why they started using the three sea shells? Deforestation?

Loading Video...

-Byshop

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12139 Posts

........lol its what gets the clicks

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#18  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

I really wish Taco Bell still had the spicy chicken burrito it was so good. I hear Canada still has them it needs to come back to the U.S.

goodzorr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 goodzorr
Member since 2017 • 506 Posts

@Byshop: argh!!1

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#20 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts

I usually spend most of my time in the forums, so it doesn't bother me. Wouldn't matter, everybody is obsessed with this game right now.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

The irony is I never read game journalism. from any site, I almost never even see the front page of this site.