Does anyone else feel bad about the people who snap, and go on killing sprees?

• 121 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-Big_Red-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 -Big_Red-
Member since 2006 • 7230 Posts

Now, before Off-Topic collectively rips me a new one let me make a few things clear. I'm not referring to Jared Lee Loughner, because as far as I know, he wasn't being picked on/harassed. Nor did he tell anyone of the mental problems that we're plauging him. The reason that I'm posting this now, is because this recent rampage has reminded me of people from the past who snapped. And people that I know that could of.

For instance look at Cho/The Columbine shooters. They would always getting bullied so they snapped, and killed dozens of people. All of this could of been prevented if someone from a neutral party would of just listened to them. Listened to the problems that they we're having. And stood up against those bullies. If this was done then probably nobody would of died. But most people don't want to be bothered. Nobody really has any sympathy for the individuals who did this. I feel bad for Cho, and The Columbine shooters(even though they hated blacks(I'm black). If someone would of had the balls to stand up to the people bullying them then nothing would of happened. But even if someone would of given those bullies what they deservethere would of been consequences. So someone being bullied really has their back-against-the-wall. People aren't always going to just "take it". And you shouldn't expect them to. I'm not surprised when I hear about someone commiting suicide/killing peoplebecause of bullies..No matter how nice, and kind, and reserved someone appears to be, theycan becapable of irrational acts of violence. I should know. I should stop right there, I don't want to make this thread about me.

I have a friend who posts on this board, and out of respect for him, I'll keep him anonymous. When we we're little people use to bully him, all the way up to middle school if I remember correctly. And I would be the only one to stand up for him. He's really quiet. I still wonder what would of happened if I never would of decided to do that.

-Snooze-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 -Snooze-
Member since 2009 • 7304 Posts

No, for they are losers.

You don't kill a whole class 'cause some lad bullies you ... Why not just kick him in one day?

-Big_Red-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 -Big_Red-
No. A lot of people get bullied and don't go on killing sprees, and plenty of people that were never bullied go on killing sprees. There's something in a person that makes them capable of it, bullying or not.MichBelle
I know that. I know that most people can take being bullied. But everyone's different. If you see someone getting bullied, no matter how okay with it they seem, you should stop it. For their sake, the bully's sake, and the people around you.
harashawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 harashawn
Member since 2008 • 27620 Posts
Most people see bullying as a non-issue. "If you can't stand up for yourself, you deserve to be bullied". Well, shooting people was their way of standing up for themselves. They don't understand how far bullying can go; it's not always just a little bit of name calling. Kids are capable of doing absolutely evil things. I remember seeing in the news years ago about a kid who killed himself because his classmates would literally jump on him, kick him, punch him, they probably threatened to beat him up even more if he told anyone. The problem is that 99% of people see bullying as just a kid or two calling another kid names. It can be far worse.
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts
[QUOTE="-Big_Red-"] I know that. I know that most people can take being bullied. But everyone's different. If you see someone getting bullied, no matter how okay with it they seem, you should stop it. For their sake, the bully's sake, and the people around you.

You must not attempt to stop the LULZ train after it has left the station
-Big_Red-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 -Big_Red-
[QUOTE="-Snooze-"]

No, for they are losers.

You don't kill a whole class 'cause some lad bullies you ... Why not just kick him in one day?

you do know that here are varying levels of bullying right? I suppose that you are going to say that the people who commit suicide because of bullies, are losers aswell? If not, I already know why you say this. You say this because it's easier to have sympathy for someone when they commit suicide, rather than when they do the opposite.
-Big_Red-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 -Big_Red-
[QUOTE="-Big_Red-"] I know that. I know that most people can take being bullied. But everyone's different. If you see someone getting bullied, no matter how okay with it they seem, you should stop it. For their sake, the bully's sake, and the people around you.rawsavon
You must not attempt to stop the LULZ train after it has left the station

Well you're apart of our tapeworm, I wouldn't expect you to agree with me on this topic.
Avatar image for the_ChEeSe_mAn2
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Member since 2003 • 8463 Posts
I disagree. I always will have more sympathy for the victims because most of the time, they just happened to be at the wrong place, at the wrong time.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#11 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
Everyone has a choice.
-Big_Red-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 -Big_Red-
[QUOTE="-Big_Red-"] I know that. I know that most people can take being bullied. But everyone's different. If you see someone getting bullied, no matter how okay with it they seem, you should stop it. For their sake, the bully's sake, and the people around you.MichBelle
Thanks for that little lesson there, but I never said bullying wasn't bad. That wasn't really your question.

I know that you didn't say that. but, you just don't know how someone is going to react. And I don't rally expect anyone to agree with me on this topic. I know it's hard to have sympathy for a murderer.
-Big_Red-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 -Big_Red-
I disagree. I always will have more sympathy for the victims because most of the time, they just happened to be at the wrong place, at the wrong time.the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Well I know that I am going to get flammed for this, but I don't have any sympathy for the victims, allthough I know that I should. My mind is backwards in some ways.
Maniacc1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#14 Maniacc1
Member since 2006 • 5354 Posts
I don't feel sorry for anyone who lives in a world surrounded by multiple resources and outlets to receive professional help. So, no.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c37d3adcd094
deactivated-5c37d3adcd094

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-5c37d3adcd094
Member since 2006 • 8362 Posts
Yeah, the killers are real victims in that scenario. (!)
-Big_Red-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 -Big_Red-
[QUOTE="-Big_Red-"][QUOTE="the_ChEeSe_mAn2"]I disagree. I always will have more sympathy for the victims because most of the time, they just happened to be at the wrong place, at the wrong time.MichBelle
Well I know that I am going to get flammed for this, but I don't have any sympathy for the victims, allthough I know that I should. My mind is backwards in some ways.

You do realize that not nearly all of their victims were involved in bullying them, right?

I know, like I said before my mind IS backwards in some ways.For instance I dont show/have sensitivity/care about most people, not even my family.
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 the_ChEeSe_mAn2
[QUOTE="the_ChEeSe_mAn2"]I disagree. I always will have more sympathy for the victims because most of the time, they just happened to be at the wrong place, at the wrong time.-Big_Red-

May I ask why don't you have any sympathy for them?
-Big_Red-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 -Big_Red-
Yeah, the killers are real victims in that scenario. (!)kamikaze_pigmy
Never said that the people killed aren't victims.
-Big_Red-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 -Big_Red-
[QUOTE="-Big_Red-"][QUOTE="the_ChEeSe_mAn2"]I disagree. I always will have more sympathy for the victims because most of the time, they just happened to be at the wrong place, at the wrong time.the_ChEeSe_mAn2

May I ask why don't you have any sympathy for them?

I said that I don't want to make this topic about me.
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts

No. Those losers were too weak to deal with their issues (or seek help for them) and were pathetic enough to take others with them just so they could have some control and power. They're incompetent dregs of society who could only get what they wanted by waving a gun around.

weezyfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 weezyfb
Member since 2009 • 14703 Posts
not one bit
harashawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24 harashawn
Member since 2008 • 27620 Posts

No. Those losers were too weak to deal with their issues (or seek help for them) and were pathetic enough to take others with them just so they could have some control and power. They're incompetent dregs of society who could only get what they wanted by waving a gun around.

Verge_6
The same could be said about the kids who bullied them, except they didn't use guns.
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Verge_6
[QUOTE="Verge_6"]

harashawn
The same could be said about the kids who bullied them, except they didn't use guns.

Nor did they kill anyone. Not really relevant.
-Big_Red-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 -Big_Red-

Verge_6

You going to say that about people who commited suicide because of bullies now too? It would only be fair of you:roll:.

-Big_Red-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 -Big_Red-
[QUOTE="Verge_6"][QUOTE="harashawn"][QUOTE="Verge_6"]

They certainly didn'thelp. You take bullies out of the equation, and everyone's alright.
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Verge_6

[QUOTE="Verge_6"]

-Big_Red-

You going to say that about people who commited suicide because of bullies now too? It would only be fair of you:roll:.

You asked a question, you got an answer. If you don't want to hear answers, don't make the thread.
-Big_Red-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 -Big_Red-
[QUOTE="Verge_6"][QUOTE="-Big_Red-"]

[QUOTE="Verge_6"]

You asked a question, you got an answer. If you don't want to hear answers, don't make the thread.

So that would be a "yes" then?
XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts
Nope. A lot of people are picked on constantly and eventually snap, but the majority of them don't kill innocent people because some people picked on them. There is no reason to kill innocent people, and anyone who does is horrible. If they only sought out and killed those who hurt them, I might feel differently. I'd still think it was horrible, but not as horrible as killing those who had nothing to do with it.
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Verge_6

[QUOTE="Verge_6"][QUOTE="harashawn"] The same could be said about the kids who bullied them, except they didn't use guns.-Big_Red-

They certainly didn'thelp. You take bullies out of the equation, and everyone's alright.

Take any hindering part of life out of the equation and things are a lot easier. Hey, this homeless guy wouldn't be homeless if apartments were free. Sad thing is, bullies a part of life. Deal with them in ways that don't lead to you asking little girls if they believe in God before blowing their brains out with a TEC-9. God, I love OT...

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Verge_6

[QUOTE="Verge_6"][QUOTE="-Big_Red-"] You going to say that about people who commited suicide because of bullies now too? It would only be fair of you:roll:.

-Big_Red-

For the lulz, sure, why not?

-Big_Red-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 -Big_Red-
[QUOTE="-Big_Red-"][QUOTE="Verge_6"] Nor did they kill anyone. Not really relevant.Verge_6

Take any hindering part of life and things are a lot easier. Sad thing is, bullies a part of life. Deal with them in ways that don't lead to you asking little girls if they believe in God before blowing their brains out with a TEC-9. God, I love OT...

If someone would of stopped those bullies, that would of never happened.
-Big_Red-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 -Big_Red-

[QUOTE="-Big_Red-"][QUOTE="Verge_6"] You asked a question, you got an answer. If you don't want to hear answers, don't make the thread.Verge_6

:|..........
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Verge_6

[QUOTE="Verge_6"][QUOTE="-Big_Red-"] They certainly didn'thelp. You take bullies out of the equation, and everyone's alright.-Big_Red-
Take any hindering part of life and things are a lot easier. Sad thing is, bullies a part of life. Deal with them in ways that don't lead to you asking little girls if they believe in God before blowing their brains out with a TEC-9. God, I love OT...

Sure, let's have someone around Little Billy 24/7 to keep bullies away from him so he doesn't snap and take an Uzi to his sixth grade class. While we're at it, let's set up this elaborate system where EVERY kid has someone to protect them from mean ol' bullies and other unhappy facts of life around the clock. Sounds reasonable.

-Snooze-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 -Snooze-
Member since 2009 • 7304 Posts

[QUOTE="-Snooze-"]

No, for they are losers.

-Big_Red-

you do know that here are varying levels of bullying right? I suppose that you are going to say that the people who commit suicide because of bullies, are losers aswell? If not, I already know why you say this. You say this because it's easier to have sympathy for someone when they commit suicide, rather than when they do the opposite.

I don't have sympathy for them either. Killing yoursellf cause someone bullies you is loserish behaviour. You could ... I dunno, move?

People just like to take the dramatic way out.

Avatar image for deactivated-6016f2513d412
deactivated-6016f2513d412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-6016f2513d412
Member since 2007 • 20414 Posts

Hmmm, yes and no.

I feel badly for people who picked on or 'bullied,' but I also feel like there are a lot of choices and a lot of things you can consciously do. Ultimately the person who 'snaps' must be held responsible for their own actions. It's unfortunate that they're often pushed to the boiling point or whatever you want to call it, but in the end you have to take personal responsibility. I don't think that it's right that people are out there bullying others, but responding with violence is not the way to solve it either. This is one of the few times I'll say that you just kind of have to suck it up. Either that or seek help in a productive and healthy way or learn how to cope with it. It's sad that people who are bullied have to do these things, but that's life.

I also feel badly for people who are in mental anguish and/or are mentally ill and commit violent acts.
This scenario is a lot more complex because I don't know how much responsibility truly mentally ill people can take. I do hate that the insanity plea is abused and overused, but it is valid in some instances.
I guess as long as you can separate reality from unreality and you still know what is right and wrong, you should be held responsible for your own actions.
It's still unfortunate though.

Ultimately, innocent victims are the ones for whom I have the most sympathy, but these situations tend to be very complex and messy and unfortunate all around.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
No, I would love to do that but I don't want to go to jail.
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Verge_6
[QUOTE="Verge_6"]

[QUOTE="-Big_Red-"] So that would be a "yes" then?-Big_Red-

Man, you sure have a habit of wanting answers and not being happy when you get 'em. Problem?
-Big_Red-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 -Big_Red-
[QUOTE="-Big_Red-"][QUOTE="Verge_6"] Take any hindering part of life and things are a lot easier. Sad thing is, bullies a part of life. Deal with them in ways that don't lead to you asking little girls if they believe in God before blowing their brains out with a TEC-9. God, I love OT...Verge_6

Sure, let's have someone around Little Billy 24/7 to keep bullies away from him so he doesn't snap and take an Uzi to his sixth grade class. Sounds reasonable.

If you put a bully in his/her place once there is a good chance that they'll leave you alone, or atleast tone it down a bit.
-Big_Red-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 -Big_Red-
[QUOTE="-Snooze-"]

[QUOTE="-Big_Red-"][QUOTE="-Snooze-"]

No, for they are losers.

I don't have sympathy for them either. Killing yoursellf cause someone bullies you is loserish behaviour. You could ... I dunno, move?

So, how's a grade school student going to move? Am I talking about adults here with bank accounts, toyotas, and two story houses? No.
-Big_Red-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 -Big_Red-

[QUOTE="-Big_Red-"][QUOTE="Verge_6"] For the lulz, sure, why not?

Verge_6

Man, you sure have a habit of wanting answers and not being happy when you get 'em. Problem?

I'm just surprised that you said that is all.

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Verge_6
[QUOTE="Verge_6"][QUOTE="-Big_Red-"] If someone would of stopped those bullies, that would of never happened.-Big_Red-
Sure, let's have someone around Little Billy 24/7 to keep bullies away from him so he doesn't snap and take an Uzi to his sixth grade class. Sounds reasonable.

If you put a bully in his/her place once there is a good chance that they'll leave you alone, or atleast tone it down a bit.

Again, who's going to set up this system where EVERY bully has someone waiting around to put them in their place? Also, are we going to have these individuals trailing the bullies throughout their lives? After all, office shooting sprees happen too.
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 the_ChEeSe_mAn2

[QUOTE="-Big_Red-"][QUOTE="-Snooze-"]

No, for they are losers.

-Snooze-

Umm, not everyone has the ability to simply "move" if they are getting bullied. If the bullying occurs in elementary, middle or high school, the kid rarely has the chance to go to a different school because his/her parents may not be in the position to accommodate the move. You sound like you never have been bullied. How nice that must be........
Gallego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45 Gallego
Member since 2003 • 19446 Posts
that makes no sense at all if they didn't want to get bullied, then why didn't they just ask for help or take a karate class instead of resorting to killing. I don't feel bad for them at all.
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Verge_6

Here's another question; why are these killers being portrayed in this thread as some helpless victim that needed someone else to step in and put bullies in their place? What is stopping them from handling the situation themselves, sans the Glock method?

-Big_Red-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 -Big_Red-
that makes no sense at all if they didn't want to get bullied, then why didn't they just ask for help or take a karate class instead of resorting to killing. I don't feel bad for them at all.Gallego
Define "ask for help".
Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36047 Posts

Not really. I mostly just feel bad for the victims.

Colin1192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Colin1192
Member since 2008 • 6221 Posts

so you pretty much think you are a hero then John?