Does anyone actually get hired from job boards?

qx0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By qx0d
Member since 2018 • 333 Posts

Whenever I go to a job board, like Indeed, I see jobs. However, these jobs usually say experience required and/or the employers don't call back. They also have about 45-minute applications. Never in my life have I gotten a job by a job board.

Whenever I get work, it's by an employment agency. These are physical businesses, like Kelly Services, Adecco, Manpower, etc. This is the only way I ever get work. Job agencies send you to a location to work, it can be temporary, temporary-to-hire, permanent, etc, depending on what the employer they sent you to wants. Job boards simply never work for me, they don't even call back most of the time, much less hire you. Job boards are like one big, requirement-filled advertisement where nothing happens.

Does anyone actually get hired from job boards? Applying in person never works for me, nor do job boards. I've come to rely solely on job agencies for work. I've gotten plenty of work by job agencies, and just the opposite from job boards.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

Yeah I've gotten jobs a few times from seek (job board). Your resume sounds like it's not going through. They get filtered if they have spelling and grammar mistakes or if they are missing key words. Check your resume for issues then when applying for a job either customise it for the job or copy the ad and put it in white under your resume so you can't see it. That way it will always go through to the person responsible for hiring. The experience thing is a lie.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#3 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

It's never worked for me, that's for sure.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 2524 Posts

I haven't used them much but did get an interview that way once.

For some reason, my previous company felt obliged to advertise vacancies publicly, even when they were recruiting internally or already had someone earmarked for the position. I think quite a few big companies might do that. God knows why. Just keep hammering away I guess.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

I've gotten several responses. As mentioned by npiet1, try reviewing your resume for errors. Also, consider switching it up and changes things. Look at what phrases many jobs have in common in their posting and find a way to incorporate it.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#6 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts
@qx0d said:

Whenever I go to a job board, like Indeed, I see jobs. However, these jobs usually say experience required and/or the employers don't call back. They also have about 45-minute applications. Never in my life have I gotten a job by a job board.

Whenever I get work, it's by an employment agency. These are physical businesses, like Kelly Services, Adecco, Manpower, etc. This is the only way I ever get work. Job agencies send you to a location to work, it can be temporary, temporary-to-hire, permanent, etc, depending on what the employer they sent you to wants. Job boards simply never work for me, they don't even call back most of the time, much less hire you. Job boards are like one big, requirement-filled advertisement where nothing happens.

Does anyone actually get hired from job boards? Applying in person never works for me, nor do job boards. I've come to rely solely on job agencies for work. I've gotten plenty of work by job agencies, and just the opposite from job boards.

If anyone didn´t get hired why do you think there are job sites like Monster, Indeed?

The problem is just that its online and any job may get 50, 500, 5000 applicants so the chance to be one of those few who get through the needle eye is not great.

But of course people get hired, it´s the only reason they exist.