Do you watch Attack of the Show?

• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mario2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 Mario2007
Member since 2005 • 2520 Posts

Or G4 in general? I don't get the channel, but soon i will. All I hear is great things about it from my friends, but I am skeptical.

Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

G4 used to be amazing, now it's just a really crappy Spike knockoff. AOTS still remains the same in my eyes, sometimes funny, sometimes pointless, sometimes interesting. Beyond that, they axed a lot of shows, turned X-Play into a serious show and air filler episodes of Cops for the rest of the time.

-Tish-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#3 -Tish-
Member since 2007 • 3624 Posts
G4 is a terrible channel in my opinion.
British_Azimio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 British_Azimio
Member since 2007 • 2459 Posts
Nope, never.
Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

Attack of the Show is one of the only worthwhile shows left on G4.

I watch it pretty regularly though, mainly thanks to how they reply it so often...

CHOASXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 CHOASXIII
Member since 2009 • 14716 Posts

I watch it when I remember it's on. I do enjoy the show.

Avatar image for CongressManStan
CongressManStan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 CongressManStan
Member since 2010 • 918 Posts
No the show isn't that amazing. It's really boring sometimes
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#8 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
Nope. I liked X-Play with Adam Sessler, though.
ThePlothole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ThePlothole
Member since 2007 • 11515 Posts
I watched it when it was called "The Screen Savers" and was hosted by Leo Laporte. Not anymore. I despise what G4 has become.
mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts
Yes I watch Attack of the Show and X-Play. And Campus PD when I get bored.
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

Directv dropped G4 ages ago. I'm surprised the channel is till on the air at all.

cd_rom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 cd_rom
Member since 2003 • 13951 Posts

I used to watch it when it was called "The Screen Savers". Now that show was awesome. Then they brought in that douche Kevin Pereiraand that whore Olivia Munn.

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Pirate700

I used to watch it when it was called "The Screen Savers". Now that show was awesome. Then they brought in that douche Kevin Pereiraand that whore Olivia Munn.

cd_rom

Well said.

ThePlothole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ThePlothole

Directv dropped G4 ages ago. I'm surprised the channel is till on the air at all.

Pirate700
Last time I was on directv they still had G4. They just changed its channel number to group it with networks that had similar content.
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Pirate700

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

ThePlothole

Last time I was on directv they still had G4. They just changed its channel number to reflect its current content.

No Directv dropped the channel all together.

Avatar image for michael_1234576
michael_1234576

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 michael_1234576
Member since 2004 • 8621 Posts
If it's on I'll watch but I don't make any effort to catch it regularly
mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mrmusicman247

[QUOTE="ThePlothole"][QUOTE="Pirate700"]

Pirate700

Last time I was on directv they still had G4. They just changed its channel number to reflect its current content.

Yep only Comcast has it. Er..xFinity.
ThePlothole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ThePlothole

[QUOTE="ThePlothole"][QUOTE="Pirate700"]

Pirate700

Hmm. Well good for them. That channel deserves to die.
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 LostProphetFLCL

cd_rom

Hey hey what is wrong with Kevin? I think he makes for a damn good host! I get the feeling he is a true geek yet he also has that cool factor that makes him great as a host.

I do agree about Munn though. Sooooo glad she is gone. Candace Bailey has done a surprisingly good job I think and she is for certain a VAST improvement over Munn.

Avatar image for XiaolinPrincess
XiaolinPrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 XiaolinPrincess
Member since 2006 • 7907 Posts
I started watching it again after I returned home from college. I also watch Web Soup.
mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mrmusicman247

[QUOTE="cd_rom"]

LostProphetFLCL

Hey hey what is wrong with Kevin? I think he makes for a damn good host! I get the feeling he is a true geek yet he also has that cool factor that makes him great as a host.

I do agree about Munn though. Sooooo glad she is gone. Candace Bailey has done a surprisingly good job I think and she is for certain a VAST improvement over Munn.

I agree Bailey is better than Munn. Munn just seemed like a stuck up b**** all the time. I just find Kevin hilarious. But that's just old mrmusicman's opinion.
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 LostProphetFLCL

[QUOTE="LostProphetFLCL"]

[QUOTE="cd_rom"]

mrmusicman247

I agree Bailey is better than Munn. Munn just seemed like a stuck up b**** all the time. I just find Kevin hilarious. But that's just old mrmusicman's opinion.

Yeah Bailey has been a huge improvement. I was initially shocked she had gotten chosen over Alison Haislip but now I see she has worked out really well.

The only thing I'll give Munn credit for is that she randomly appears in a music video for a very good song. I really can't stand that women and she very obviously didn't know jack **** about gaming and couldn't even fake interest in gaming at times. At least the other hosts have been able to show interest...

Oh and yeah, Kevin is awesome.

cd_rom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 cd_rom
Member since 2003 • 13951 Posts

[QUOTE="cd_rom"]

LostProphetFLCL

Pereir sucks compared to the hosts of The Screen Saver. Kevin Rose was baller. I would suck him off any day of the week. Kevin Pereir just comes off as an obnoxious jerk.
cmpepper23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24 cmpepper23
Member since 2005 • 3281 Posts

I guess I am in the minority because I loved Olivia Munn. She had some really funny moments, and I enjoyed her sarcasm and snobbiness (I also have a thing for half caucasian/asian women). I used to watch the show a lot but only on occasions now.

epicstory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 epicstory
Member since 2010 • 610 Posts

All they do is try to hire hot girls who know nothing about electronics. The show sold out imo.

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Pirate700

I guess I am in the minority because I loved Olivia Munn. She had some really funny moments, and I enjoyed her sarcasm and snobbiness (I also have a thing for half caucasian/asian women). I used to watch the show a lot but only on occasions now.

cmpepper23

She was hot but, I'm sorry, she was just over the top whorish. Even for a low budget TV show made for teens.

ThePlothole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ThePlothole

All they do is try to hire hot girls who know nothing about electronics. The show sold out imo.

epicstory
The entire network sold out. Its executives thought they could make more money by dropping almost all the original content and turning it into a spikeTV knockoff.
epicstory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 epicstory
Member since 2010 • 610 Posts

[QUOTE="epicstory"]

ThePlothole

The entire network sold out. Its executives thought they could make more money by dropping almost all the original content and turning it into a spikeTV knockoff.

Ya it really did man you're right.

LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 LostProphetFLCL

[QUOTE="LostProphetFLCL"]

[QUOTE="cd_rom"]

cd_rom

Pereir sucks compared to the hosts of The Screen Saver. Kevin Rose was baller. I would suck him off any day of the week. Kevin Pereir just comes off as an obnoxious jerk.

I don't understand how he comes off as a jerk. He has always struck me as a genuinely cool guy who happens to be a geek and can drum.

maryal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 maryal
Member since 2004 • 193 Posts

I watch G4 - Attack of the show, X-Play, and ... Ninja Warrior (LOL!)

CUDCUD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 CUDCUD
Member since 2004 • 785 Posts

I used to watch it when i had cable TV but not anymore.

AtlanticRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#32 AtlanticRock
Member since 2007 • 8131 Posts

I watch it because it keeps me up to date with around the web stuff I wouldn't know about if I didn't watch it...

The show is real cheesy and corny at times, but it's a good show if you're really geeky(such as myself).

Solid_Tango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Solid_Tango
Member since 2009 • 8609 Posts
I used to when i lived in the US. Oh good times, good times indeed.
Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts
I used to watch it four years ago.
Lord_Daemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#35 Lord_Daemon
Member since 2005 • 24535 Posts

Yeah I still try to watch it unless I'm busy with something. It's still fairly the same which is that it's uneven being sometimes funny, sometimes informative, and sometimes...the opposite of that. It's not as good since Olivia Munn has gone as her replacement Candance Bailey has very little personality and no ability to roll with the edgy weird comedy territory that Kevin likes to push from time to time. Whereas Munn would push back and sometimes go much farther than even Kevin felt it would go, Candace more often than not she just kind of recoils and does that dreary "ewwww you're icky and I'm a girl and I don't like icky things and ewww ewww ewww I'll just stand here and cringe awkwardly" type of thing ad nauseam.

But still...Kevin does some funny and very relaxed interviews but it's a shame they didn't sign up Alison Haislip as the co-host as at least she's not afraid of icky boy things and has a personality.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#36 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

No i dont watch that channel.

JordanizPro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 JordanizPro
Member since 2009 • 1912 Posts
No the show isn't that amazing. It's really boring sometimesCongressManStan
What he said
ice_radon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#38 ice_radon
Member since 2002 • 70464 Posts
After the screensavers went off the air, I watched Attack of the Show for like maybe a year or so in 2006, but then kind of started hating it.
scorch-62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 scorch-62
Member since 2006 • 29763 Posts
If I can't find anything else on TV, yes. Attack of the Show is the last good show on G4.
genfactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40 genfactor
Member since 2004 • 1472 Posts

I watch clips of it on Hulu.

If you never got a chance to see the original G4 programming then it's pretty interesting. However, as you can tell from some people here, if you remember the original G4 then it's inferior to what it use to be.

no_more_fayth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 no_more_fayth
Member since 2010 • 11928 Posts

They got another random host chick who probably knows nothing of what she's talking about.

Probably.

I haven't watched it lately.

Avatar image for metallica_fan42
metallica_fan42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#42 metallica_fan42
Member since 2006 • 21143 Posts
Nope.
ThePlothole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ThePlothole

I watch clips of it on Hulu.

If you never got a chance to see the original G4 programming then it's pretty interesting. However, as you can tell from some people here, if you remember the original G4 then it's inferior to what it use to be.

genfactor
I remember the original original G4, as in before it merged with TechTV. It was kinda a goofy network.... I remember this one show where this guy talked to a walking mushroom headed man... but I guess it was still better then now. There's is nothing left of that G4. Attack of the Show and XPlay are both remnants of the TechTV lineup.
CHOASXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 CHOASXIII
Member since 2009 • 14716 Posts

I watch G4 - Attack of the show, X-Play, and ... Ninja Warrior (LOL!)

maryal

That's what I like on G4. I can't wait for the new Ninja Warrior episodes.

Avatar image for jediknight52501
jediknight52501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#45 jediknight52501
Member since 2005 • 69715 Posts
not anymore since DirecTV dropped G4 a few months ago. oh well, i am not missing much since Olivia Munn left the show.
CJL182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 CJL182
Member since 2003 • 9233 Posts

I missed out on the good G4, but I got the channel when the transition started to happen. Eventually I pretty much only watched AOTS and X-Play (for the hell of it). I can't watch anymore because I have DirecTV, but I don't really miss the channel. I do miss watching Kevin, Chris Hardwick, and Alison though.

killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 killerband55
Member since 2003 • 107961 Posts

not anymore since DirecTV dropped G4 a few months ago. oh well, i am not missing much since Olivia Munn left the show.jediknight52501

Olivia Munn was garbage, you could tell she doesnt like videogames (or gamers for that matter) during the E3 special, she was watching a kid play GT5 (while doing an interview with him at the same time) and seemed very bored doing it

Meat_Wad_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Meat_Wad_Fan
Member since 2002 • 9054 Posts

The show was alright a few years ago, but G4 as a tv station blows chunks. Directv cancelled the station a while back, so I'm not sure if it's any better with the new host.

supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#50 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

I do.

Enjoy reviews on the run, AOTS, Campus PD and The Office from time to time. It's alright, I guess.