Do you believe in God? -.-

• 168 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

im_really_rich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 im_really_rich
Member since 2008 • 1371 Posts

Simple question.

Do you believe in God?

I do not. I used to because I was raised that way, but I feel like it was a tool used to manipulate me.

harashawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 harashawn
Member since 2008 • 27620 Posts
Yes, I do. :D
Jackboot343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Jackboot343
Member since 2007 • 2574 Posts
Sometimes. :?
Avatar image for RenegadePatriot
RenegadePatriot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 RenegadePatriot
Member since 2007 • 20815 Posts
Yes I believe in God, there is no other way that everything that we love can truely exist.
JERMINITIS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 JERMINITIS
Member since 2007 • 1517 Posts

Yes, I believe in God. And, Jesus. And, i'm a Christian.

BTW: you had a response to one of my topics earlier.

The response was as follows:

butt

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts
Nope. I see no proof of God's existence, therefore I do not believe in God.
mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mindstorm
Member since 2003 • 15255 Posts
Take a look at my sig and guess... I'll give you three guesses before I tell you the right answer... o.0
Citrus25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 Citrus25
Member since 2009 • 2466 Posts
I honestly believe that no one here will be able to answer the question and the true answer will never be solved.
gobo212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 gobo212
Member since 2003 • 6277 Posts
I am agnostic.
Avatar image for modestkraut1291
modestkraut1291

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 modestkraut1291
Member since 2009 • 763 Posts

Yes I believe in God, there is no other way that everything that we love can truely exist.RenegadePatriot

what you just said is what created god. people not knowing how to explain the world so they created a easy cop out so their small minds could comprehend it all

there is in fact a way everything we love can exist, and that would be science my man

ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ChiliDragon
Member since 2006 • 8444 Posts
You forgot to add the option "does it matter?" I have the highest respect for anyone's beliefs, but when a poll on whether Dunkin' Donuts or Starbucks has the better coffee gets more views than a poll on the existence of an omnipotent deity, you may want to rephrase your poll. Just a thought.
im_really_rich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 im_really_rich

Yes, I believe in God. And, Jesus. And, i'm a Christian.

BTW: you had a response to one of my topics earlier.

The response was as follows:

butt.

JERMINITIS

What's your point?

RenegadePatriot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 RenegadePatriot

[QUOTE="RenegadePatriot"]Yes I believe in God, there is no other way that everything that we love can truely exist.modestkraut1291

what you just said is what created god. people not knowing how to explain the world so they created a easy cop out so their small minds could comprehend it all

there is in fact a way everything we love can exist, and that would be science my man

Science I just love it when people throw that word around, I think its by Gods Will that he gave us science. I think that everyone has their own idea on how everything was created.
im_really_rich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 im_really_rich

You forgot to add the option "does it matter?" I have the highest respect for anyone's beliefs, but when a poll on whether Dunkin' Donuts or Starbucks has the better coffee gets more views than a poll on the existence of an omnipotent deity, you may want to rephrase your poll. Just a thought.ChiliDragon

The poll just went up 5 minutes ago.

That coffee thread has been up for an hour.

Avatar image for YourChaosIsntMe
YourChaosIsntMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 YourChaosIsntMe
Member since 2007 • 1228 Posts
I'm Islamic. So yes, but not the silly god you're talking about.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 123625
Member since 2006 • 9035 Posts

Yes.

(don't eat me please)

FFCYAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 FFCYAN
Member since 2005 • 4969 Posts
I believe in God. People as a whole don't BELIEVE anymore. There's no faith in this world. Maybe technology is driving this IDK.
modestkraut1291

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 modestkraut1291
[QUOTE="modestkraut1291"]

[QUOTE="RenegadePatriot"]Yes I believe in God, there is no other way that everything that we love can truely exist.RenegadePatriot

Science I just love it when people throw that word around, I think its by Gods Will that he gave us science. I think that everyone has their own idea on how everything was created.

okay this is apparently what people want to hear soo... GOD DOES EXIST!! praise him and soforth...

heres a conversation i had with god one time

"hey god. its joey again, sooo if youre allmighty and powerful and can do whatever you want... why did you create chaos and destruction and rape and death and suffering when you could have simply created a paradise?"

"......"

"and why did you create a burning pit of misery and dispair where people who screw up go? shouldnt we all be forgiven?"

"........."

"and if you have control over everything, then why does Satan still exist and has command over hell and causes so much bad things to happen?"

"......"

"god? are you there?"

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
There is absolutely no evidence to suggest any such supernatural being, regardless of human definition, exists, so why should I?
RenegadePatriot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 RenegadePatriot
[QUOTE="RenegadePatriot"][QUOTE="modestkraut1291"]

modestkraut1291

okay this is apparently what people want to hear soo... GOD DOES EXIST!! praise him and soforth...

"hey god. its joey again, sooo if youre allmighty and powerful and can do whatever you want... why did you create chaos and destruction and rape and death and suffering when you could have simply created a paradise?"

"......"

"and why did you create a burning pit of misery and dispair where people who screw up go? shouldnt we all be forgiven?"

"........."

"and if you have control over everything, then why does Satan still exist and has command over hell and causes so much bad things to happen?"

"......"

"god? are you there?"

You told me that we create God but its the other way around, God created us. That conversation made me laugh, God can not answer every prayer. If He did I think that the world would implode:P
FamiBox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 FamiBox
Member since 2007 • 5481 Posts

No. Absolutely not.

I won't go into why though as I don't want to get modded for upsetting someones fragile feelings.

modestkraut1291

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 modestkraut1291
[QUOTE="modestkraut1291"][QUOTE="RenegadePatriot"]Science I just love it when people throw that word around, I think its by Gods Will that he gave us science. I think that everyone has their own idea on how everything was created.RenegadePatriot

"......"

"........."

"......"

"god? are you there?"

You told me that we create God but its the other way around, God created us. That conversation made me laugh, God can not answer every prayer. If He did I think that the world would implode:P

sigh... you didnt explain ANYTHING applying to my questions, and that is the problem we athiests have with christians...you cant explain anything

leeveeu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#24 leeveeu
Member since 2003 • 3405 Posts
I sure do.
RenegadePatriot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 RenegadePatriot
[QUOTE="RenegadePatriot"][QUOTE="modestkraut1291"]

"......"

"........."

"......"

"god? are you there?"

modestkraut1291

sigh... you didnt explain ANYTHING applying to my questions, and that is the problem we athiests have with christians...you cant explain anything

I should not have to explain anything. I feel that no matter what I can say will not sway you from what you feel like about God. Im sure you know the basis of the Christian faith.
im_really_rich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 im_really_rich

You told me that we create God but its the other way around, God created us. That conversation made me laugh, God can not answer every prayer. If He did I think that the world would implode:P RenegadePatriot

my sister told me that God answers all the prayers he gets, he just doesn't aswer them in the way we expect.

mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 mindstorm
I'm Islamic. So yes, but not the silly god you're talking about.YourChaosIsntMe
I rarely see a Muslim claiming Christians and themselves serve different Gods... especially since the Qu'ran specifically says they are the same. Does the Qu'ran not call Christians and Jews "People of the Book" but follow a corrupted version?
FFCYAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 FFCYAN
Member since 2005 • 4969 Posts

[QUOTE="RenegadePatriot"] You told me that we create God but its the other way around, God created us. That conversation made me laugh, God can not answer every prayer. If He did I think that the world would implode:P im_really_rich

my sister told me that God answers all the prayers he gets, he just doesn't aswer them in the way we expect.

He does. Yeah, it's subtle. I've had plenty of moments when I see things come together and I would grin. I can see you God. I can see.:)
RenegadePatriot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 RenegadePatriot

[QUOTE="RenegadePatriot"] You told me that we create God but its the other way around, God created us. That conversation made me laugh, God can not answer every prayer. If He did I think that the world would implode:P im_really_rich

I have heard that said before.
dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#30 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 16053 Posts
No. It's he who does not believe in me.
YourChaosIsntMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 YourChaosIsntMe
[QUOTE="YourChaosIsntMe"]I'm Islamic. So yes, but not the silly god you're talking about.mindstorm
I rarely see a Muslim claiming Christians and themselves serve different Gods... especially since the Qu'ran specifically says they are the same. Does the Qu'ran not call Christians and Jews "People of the Book" but follow a corrupted version?

Note the lack of capitalization. The use of "god" refers to Jesus.
FamiBox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 FamiBox

this thread is too painful to read (face palm) (laughs) (rolls eyes)

Trying to debate here would be as pointless (and uncomfortable) as banging my head against a wall.

Also.... dancing around eggshells trying to debate and not offend some Christians feelings is just too hard.

No more getting modded for me.

mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 mindstorm

[QUOTE="mindstorm"] I rarely see a Muslim claiming Christians and themselves serve different Gods... especially since the Qu'ran specifically says they are the same. Does the Qu'ran not call Christians and Jews "People of the Book" but follow a corrupted version?YourChaosIsntMe

You call the greatest prophet of Islam below Mohamed silly then? I thought Muslims were taught to respect Jesus?

Trying to debate here would be as pointless (and uncomfortable) as banging my head against a wall.

Also.... dancing around eggshells trying to debate and not offend some Christians feelings is just too hard.

FamiBox

I enjoy it when people try to offend me as I come out on top of the situation. :P

YourChaosIsntMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 YourChaosIsntMe
[QUOTE="mindstorm"][QUOTE="YourChaosIsntMe"][QUOTE="mindstorm"] I rarely see a Muslim claiming Christians and themselves serve different Gods... especially since the Qu'ran specifically says they are the same. Does the Qu'ran not call Christians and Jews "People of the Book" but follow a corrupted version?

You call the greatest prophet of Islam below Mohamed silly then? I thought Muslims were taught to respect Jesus?

Not really, no. Recognize, certainly.
mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 mindstorm
[QUOTE="YourChaosIsntMe"][QUOTE="mindstorm"] You call the greatest prophet of Islam below Mohamed silly then? I thought Muslims were taught to respect Jesus?

Hmmm... You are then the very first Muslim I've ever spoken to that has ever said such then...
FamiBox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 FamiBox

[QUOTE="YourChaosIsntMe"][QUOTE="mindstorm"] Note the lack of capitalization. The use of "god" refers to Jesus.mindstorm

FamiBox

I enjoy it when people try to offend me as I come out on top of the situation. :P

I'm not trying to offend you.

modestkraut1291

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 modestkraut1291

ive said my peace countless times before and just now, so youve heard my opinion.

until someone can explain god to me with facts then i will be athiest.

there is absolutely no proof, and there never will be.

god= unicorn

just because you believe something doesnt make it true.

YourChaosIsntMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 YourChaosIsntMe
You call the greatest prophet of Islam below Mohamed silly then? I thought Muslims were taught to respect Jesus? mindstorm
Not really, no. Recognize, certainly. Simply put, your concept of Jesus as a god is silly. As a prophet, he is not (silly).
-Katsuri-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#40 -Katsuri-
Member since 2008 • 61883 Posts
Do you believe in love?
mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 mindstorm
I'm not trying to offend you. FamiBox
I never took it as such. :P *hug*
gobo212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 gobo212
Member since 2003 • 6277 Posts
Do you believe in love?-Katsuri-
Do you believe in life after love?
-Katsuri-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#43 -Katsuri-
Member since 2008 • 61883 Posts
[QUOTE="-Katsuri-"]Do you believe in love?gobo212
Do you believe in life after love?

As much as I believe in Santa Claus. :P
Sway-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Sway-
Take a look at my sig and guess... I'll give you three guesses before I tell you the right answer... o.0mindstorm
I really dislike your sig. This is the thing that makes me not believe in god. What your sig is pretty much saying is if Adolf Hitler decided to become christian before he died all he would have to do is ask for gods forgiveness and it is granted. He therefore was never a bad person its makes no sense.
mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 mindstorm

[QUOTE="mindstorm"]Take a look at my sig and guess... I'll give you three guesses before I tell you the right answer... o.0Sway-
I really dislike your sig. This is the thing that makes me not believe in god. What your sig is pretty much saying is if Adolf Hitler decided to become christian before he died all he would have to do is ask for gods forgiveness and it is granted. He therefore was never a bad person its makes no sense.

Neither does it make sense for God to have mercy on me either, but he does anyway.

Btw, when finding out if a religion is true we do not give God job requirements he has to fill before we believe in him. Whether or not he is actually God should decide whether or not we believe in him. We should follow if it is true not because we agree.

trentman7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 trentman7
Member since 2007 • 2969 Posts
Nope.
Famiking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Famiking
Member since 2009 • 4879 Posts
[QUOTE="YourChaosIsntMe"]I'm Islamic. So yes, but not the silly god you're talking about.mindstorm

Yes, that is true. TC - Yes I believe in God, the Islamic one. Wow, I've answered this two times within 15 minutes, I feel like the centre of attention.
Famiking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Famiking
Member since 2009 • 4879 Posts
[QUOTE="YourChaosIsntMe"][QUOTE="mindstorm"][QUOTE="YourChaosIsntMe"] Note the lack of capitalization. The use of "god" refers to Jesus.

What? That's just wrong. Your suppose to put prophets even ahead of yourself. Especially a prophet like Issa. Why do you hate him anyway?
Dark_Knight6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Dark_Knight6
Member since 2006 • 16619 Posts
I'm not sure. But I know that if he does exist, he's not loving and he definitely isn't fair or just.
MattUD1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 MattUD1
Member since 2004 • 20715 Posts
I have a disbelief in God.