Do u think creationists may believe in evolution if they looked at the evidence?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Thanatos1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Thanatos1337
Member since 2007 • 316 Posts
It seems a bit strange to me how one side of the argument has all the evidence, and one side has none, do you think that creationists might start to believe in evolution if they actually looked at the evidence?
Sexy_Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Sexy_Pirate
Member since 2006 • 3298 Posts
get this bs off here. You have no idea what you are talking about. There's evidence on both sides.
Avatar image for deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
deactivated-5901ac91d8e33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
Member since 2004 • 17092 Posts
If they looked at the evidence...and understood it, then yes.
Avatar image for deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
deactivated-5901ac91d8e33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
Member since 2004 • 17092 Posts
If they looked at the evidence...and understands it, then yes.
Bauers-Twin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 Bauers-Twin
Member since 2007 • 14150 Posts
do you think you could stop posting 10000 religion threads a day. Screw the evidence
Thanatos1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Thanatos1337

get this bs off here. You have no idea what you are talking about. There's evidence on both sides.Sexy_Pirate
What evidence is there for creationism?

Sexy_Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Sexy_Pirate

[QUOTE="Sexy_Pirate"]get this bs off here. You have no idea what you are talking about. There's evidence on both sides.Thanatos1337

I don't know, nor do I care. Why do you?

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

get this bs off here. You have no idea what you are talking about. There's evidence on both sides.Sexy_Pirate

There is no evidence to make the claim as factual evidence that god created everything, that there was Adam or Eve etc.. If there were evidence on both sides the science community would be adamently divided and they are not.

Thanatos1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Thanatos1337
[QUOTE="Thanatos1337"]

[QUOTE="Sexy_Pirate"]get this bs off here. You have no idea what you are talking about. There's evidence on both sides.Sexy_Pirate

I believe such false beliefs as creationism hold socioty back, and I haven't seen any evidence for creationism while I've seen alot for evolution.
Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts
if topics here are anything to go by, no.
Sexy_Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Sexy_Pirate
[QUOTE="Sexy_Pirate"][QUOTE="Thanatos1337"]

[QUOTE="Sexy_Pirate"]get this bs off here. You have no idea what you are talking about. There's evidence on both sides.Thanatos1337

I believe such false beliefs as creationism hold socioty back, and I haven't seen any evidence for creationism while I've seen alot for evolution.

Really now. So what did it look like when your dog grew wings to get at the cats in trees?

KumaJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 KumaJr
Member since 2004 • 130 Posts
[QUOTE="Thanatos1337"]

[QUOTE="Sexy_Pirate"]get this bs off here. You have no idea what you are talking about. There's evidence on both sides.Sexy_Pirate

You state that there is eveidence for creationism, then when pressed for it come up with nothing. Great job supporting your view point. This seems to be common among creationists. It's all "fact" until you actually press them. And for the record, "I can feel it" is *not* a fact. In the end, it seems that you sir, not the TC are the one who has no idea what you're talking about.

Thanatos1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Thanatos1337
[QUOTE="Thanatos1337"][QUOTE="Sexy_Pirate"][QUOTE="Thanatos1337"]

Really now. So what did it look like when your dog grew wings to get at the cats in trees?

That's not how evolution works....where did you get the idea that it does? It's a gradual process of slight genetic modification from generation to generation based upon what genes are most likely to survive in the environment.
TM_Darkside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TM_Darkside
Member since 2007 • 3993 Posts
Who gives a flying ****? Believe what you want, no one knows the complete truth.
Avatar image for swizz-the-gamer
swizz-the-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 swizz-the-gamer
Member since 2005 • 8801 Posts
[QUOTE="Sexy_Pirate"][QUOTE="Thanatos1337"][QUOTE="Sexy_Pirate"][QUOTE="Thanatos1337"]

That's not how evolution works....where did you get the idea that it does? It's a gradual process of slight genetic modification from generation to generation based upon what genes are most likely to survive in the environment.

He is joking.
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58500 Posts

this crap has got to stop

the only way humankind will progress forward is if both sides of this debate just drop it and start respecting eachother. Sooner or later the undeniable truth will come out and that will be that.

Until then, stfu and keep your spiritual/scientific beliefs to yourself and mind your own business please.

Sexy_Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Sexy_Pirate
[QUOTE="Sexy_Pirate"][QUOTE="Thanatos1337"]

[QUOTE="Sexy_Pirate"]get this bs off here. You have no idea what you are talking about. There's evidence on both sides.KumaJr

You state that there is eveidence for creationism, then when pressed for it come up with nothing. Great job supporting your view point. This seems to be common among creationists. It's all "fact" until you actually press them. And for the record, "I can feel it" is *not* a fact. In the end, it seems that you sir, not the TC are the one who has no idea what you're talking about.

I've heard there is evidence for both. However I am not a deuchebag intent on falsifying people's beliefs, so I do not know of any evidence, and as I said before, nor do I care. Off my nuts, thxbai.

MattUD1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MattUD1
Member since 2004 • 20715 Posts
[QUOTE="Thanatos1337"][QUOTE="Sexy_Pirate"][QUOTE="Thanatos1337"]

Strawman argument.
Thanatos1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Thanatos1337
[QUOTE="Thanatos1337"][QUOTE="Sexy_Pirate"][QUOTE="Thanatos1337"][QUOTE="Sexy_Pirate"][QUOTE="Thanatos1337"]

[QUOTE="Sexy_Pirate"]get this bs off here. You have no idea what you are talking about. There's evidence on both sides.swizz-the-gamer

He is joking.

I've seen posts saying things very similar to that where they were not joking, how exactly do I distinguish?
MindFreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MindFreeze
Member since 2007 • 2814 Posts
[QUOTE="Sexy_Pirate"][QUOTE="Thanatos1337"][QUOTE="Sexy_Pirate"][QUOTE="Thanatos1337"]

Ah he's just trolling, nevermind him...

I don't think the born and bred creationists could ever believe in it, but ones that aren't as sure of their beliefs probably could realize it's a well supported theory.

Thanatos1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Thanatos1337
[QUOTE="KumaJr"][QUOTE="Sexy_Pirate"][QUOTE="Thanatos1337"]

I've heard there is evidence for both. However I am not a deuchebag intent on falsifying people's beliefs, so I do not know of any evidence, and as I said before, nor do I care. Off my nuts, thxbai.

Evidence
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#22 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts
If people believe very strongly in something, they will warp the facts to support their beliefs.
drj077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 drj077
Member since 2003 • 8375 Posts

I think that fact that researchers have recently demonstrated that they can alter the genetic machinery of birds using science to unlock previously dormant genetic material in order to get them to grow dinosaur tails, scales, and teeth speaks volumes for those that think evolution is not only a theory, but a law of nature.

The same researchers plan on taking an Emu and turning it into a raptor by turning on its dormant genes within the next few decades.

Thanatos1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Thanatos1337
Who gives a flying ****? Believe what you want, no one knows the complete truth.TM_Darkside
We sort of do, the evidence for evolution is overwhelming. Evolution is fact.
Avatar image for Video_Game_King
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#25 Video_Game_King
Member since 2003 • 27545 Posts
No, because they're fairly stubborn to think that the Earth has remained stagnant throughout its entire lifetime. Things change, and only the powerful survive.
KumaJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 KumaJr
Member since 2004 • 130 Posts
[QUOTE="Sexy_Pirate"][QUOTE="KumaJr"][QUOTE="Sexy_Pirate"][QUOTE="Thanatos1337"]

Evidence

/thread

Sexy_Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Sexy_Pirate
[QUOTE="Thanatos1337"][QUOTE="Sexy_Pirate"][QUOTE="KumaJr"][QUOTE="Sexy_Pirate"][QUOTE="Thanatos1337"]

[QUOTE="Sexy_Pirate"]get this bs off here. You have no idea what you are talking about. There's evidence on both sides.KumaJr

Evidence

/pointlessthread and tc dies

fixed for truth

how is it so hard to believe in evolution to some extent and God the creator?

Sexy_Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Sexy_Pirate
[QUOTE="Thanatos1337"][QUOTE="Sexy_Pirate"][QUOTE="KumaJr"][QUOTE="Sexy_Pirate"][QUOTE="Thanatos1337"]

Evidence

/pointlessthread and tc dies

fixed for truth

Dracargen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Dracargen
Member since 2007 • 7928 Posts

It's hardly a matter of evidence. Young Earth Creationists are not blind--they can see the evidence just as well as anyone else. The problem is, they believe that their evidence is stronger.

The only way to convince a young earth creationist is to show him that young earth creationism is against the Bible.

swizz-the-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 swizz-the-gamer

It's hardly a matter of evidence. Young Earth Creationists are not blind--they can see the evidence just as well as anyone else. The problem is, they believe that their evidence is stronger.

The only way to convince a young earth creationist is to show him that young earth creationism is against the Bible.

Dracargen
Youbelievein evolution right?
swizz-the-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 swizz-the-gamer

Dracargen
You believe in evolution right?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-59d151f079814

Dracargen

Bible aside though, the young creationist doesn;'t have much evidence.. I have seen the major points to their debate and they either twist scientific evidence or completely ignore it all together.. A young earth creationist has contridictory evidence in just about eveyr major field of science from astronomy, enviromental, geogloical etc etc..
What scares me the most is alot of them try to twist and claim dinosaurs walked with man.. Now this is not whether god exists or not.. But alot of these older stories like Noah's Ark basically goes against common sense in general.

And unfortantely the second part you said is extremely hard to do.. There is very few general accepted consensus on alot of parts of the bible.. Many people are still grappling today as a immense majority that thigns like Noah's Ark is metaphore, actuality, or exgerration.

Dracargen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Dracargen
[QUOTE="Dracargen"]

swizz-the-gamer

Yes, but if I ever had a gun pointed to my head and the attacker was under the delusion that only one could be believed, I'd pick creationism.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-59d151f079814
[QUOTE="swizz-the-gamer"][QUOTE="Dracargen"]

Dracargen

Yes, but if I ever had a gun pointed to my head and the attacker was under the delusion that only one could be believed, I'd pick creationism.

What premise of creationism though? Because isn't creationism the idea of adam and eve and such?

Sexy_Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Sexy_Pirate
[QUOTE="swizz-the-gamer"][QUOTE="Dracargen"]

Dracargen

Everyone finds religion in a fox hole

Avatar image for -TheSecondSign-
-TheSecondSign-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 -TheSecondSign-
Member since 2007 • 9301 Posts
[QUOTE="Dracargen"][QUOTE="swizz-the-gamer"][QUOTE="Dracargen"]

Sexy_Pirate

Everyone finds religion in a fox hole

I remember that line, but I heard it as "No atheists in the foxhole."

Makes sense.

Dracargen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Dracargen
[QUOTE="Dracargen"]

sSubZerOo

And unfortantely the second part you said is extremely hard to do.. There is very few general accepted consensus on alot of parts of the bible.. Many people are still grappling today as a immense majority that thigns like Noah's Ark is metaphore, actuality, or exgerration.

It's actually easy to set up a disproof of YEC using established doctrines in the Bible, but there's a catch.

God in the Bible cannot lie.

Evolution, as far as we can tell, appears to be true.

If YEC is true, then God lied about how the world was created.

Therefore, Christianity is false.

A YEC cannot have that, now can he? It's more spelled out here.

But then, here's the catch: There is not a YEC that doesn't know this already. So they go after the science of evolution, doing what you said by twisting the evidence. They then claim that there is enough reason to discount it, and so the proof is null.

mastersword007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 mastersword007
Member since 2005 • 6630 Posts
I've looked them up and I'm still religious.
Did that answer your question? now go away.
WildLIkeChild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#39 WildLIkeChild
Member since 2007 • 1758 Posts

It's pretty awesome when people try and tell other people how to live their lives.

I hope you don't get pissed off when people preach to you, or else you're a gigantic hypocrite.

Mr_sprinkles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Mr_sprinkles
Member since 2005 • 6461 Posts
[QUOTE="Dracargen"]

sSubZerOo

Bible aside though, the young creationist doesn;'t have much evidence.. I have seen the major points to their debate and they either twist scientific evidence or completely ignore it all together.. A young earth creationist has contridictory evidence in just about eveyr major field of science from astronomy, enviromental, geogloical etc etc..
What scares me the most is alot of them try to twist and claim dinosaurs walked with man.. Now this is not whether god exists or not.. But alot of these older stories like Noah's Ark basically goes against common sense in general.

Religion > common sense.
Dracargen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Dracargen

What premise of creationism though? Because isn't creationism the idea of adam and eve and such?

sSubZerOo

That's the funny thing, because theistic evolution is creationism.:lol:

As for Adam and Eve, it is not impossible to believe in them and not YEC.

Thanatos1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Thanatos1337

It's pretty awesome when people try and tell other people how to live their lives.

I hope you don't get pissed off when people preach to you, or else you're a gigantic hypocrite.

WildLIkeChild
I don't if there side has overwhelming evidence. That doesn't seem to ever happen though...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-59d151f079814
[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

Dracargen

Yeah but creationism has become too much of a overbroad term.. Creationism can mean intelligent design, or it could mean adam and eve and a young earth..

Sexy_Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Sexy_Pirate

WildLIkeChild

beautiful quote

Dracargen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Dracargen
[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"][QUOTE="Dracargen"]

Mr_sprinkles

Religion > common sense.

That was unnecessary and non-sensical, unless you maintain that six billion out of the 6.5 billion people in the world reject common sense.:roll:

jodamn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#46 jodamn
Member since 2007 • 893 Posts
I personally worship an orbiting teapot and you can't disprove it. Oh, and of course the teapot is too small to be observed. Respect my religion!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-59d151f079814
[QUOTE="Mr_sprinkles"][QUOTE="sSubZerOo"][QUOTE="Dracargen"]

Dracargen

Religion > common sense.

That was unnecessary and non-sensical, unless you maintain that six billion out of the 6.5 billion people in the world reject common sense.:roll:

I think he is pointing out the people who believe in stories/myths like Noah's Ark and other such related ones.. That defy reason or logic. Top that off you have to understand those 6.3 billion people do not have much of a education the vast majorityof them.

Dracargen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Dracargen
[QUOTE="Dracargen"][QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

sSubZerOo

Yeah but creationism has become too much of a overbroad term.. Creationism can mean intelligent design, or it could mean adam and eve and a young earth..

Well, religion could mean Christianity, Islam, or thousands of other things, just like Christianity can mean Baptism, Catholicism, Methodism, and Mormonism among others.

I just wish people would say "young earth creationism" when they mean young earth creationism, rather than creationism, which is basically synonymous with religion.

Intelligent design can include aliens, so in that sense it is not creationism.

Dracargen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Dracargen

I personally worship an orbiting teapot and you can't disprove it. Oh, and of course the teapot is too small to be observed. Respect my religion!jodamn

Russell's flying teapot.:roll:

If you can't see it, how do you know it orbits the sun?

WildLIkeChild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#50 WildLIkeChild
Member since 2007 • 1758 Posts
[QUOTE="WildLIkeChild"]

Thanatos1337

I don't if there side has overwhelming evidence. That doesn't seem to ever happen though...

When science can explain absolutely everything, or even half of everything, then you can say it has overwhelming evidence.