Do Republicans really think just because it snowed that Global warming is false?

• 151 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Kennysolidsnake
Kennysolidsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Kennysolidsnake
Member since 2009 • 1068 Posts

The Fox news talking heads such as Beck, Hannity and O'Reily all seem to say that since because it snowed a lot in winter than that automatically disproves Global Warming and Al Gore should immediatley apologize for lying.. Well my question to them is, when July rolls around and the temps go over 100 degrees this summer, will those same talking heads then say Global Warming exists?

bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 bluezy
Member since 2004 • 29297 Posts
Hasn't it been called "climate change" for years now?
Kennysolidsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Kennysolidsnake
Hasn't it been called "climate change" for years now?bluezy
actually yes.
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

Hasn't it been called "climate change" for years now?bluezy

.. I am pretty sure its called Global warming.. If anything extremes in weather is proving the point that the phenomena is actually happening.

CosmicZombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 CosmicZombie
Member since 2010 • 1585 Posts
FOX NEWS nuff said
seabiscuit8686

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 seabiscuit8686
Member since 2005 • 2862 Posts
All republicans think Climate Change is false. That isn't a generalization at all. Oh wait....
Agent-Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Agent-Zero
Member since 2009 • 6198 Posts
I say why does it matter if it's true or not? I mean it certainly wouldn't hurt if we cleaned up our act.
SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#8 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts
Global warming? Pfft. More like global cooling.
Kennysolidsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Kennysolidsnake
I say why does it matter if it's true or not? I mean it certainly wouldn't hurt if we cleaned up our act.Agent-Zero
Well unfortunatley the Republicants in congress are bought by not only the health insurance industry but by the energy industry so they want nothing to do with cleaing up the act just like they care nothing that our insurance premiums will go up 39%

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-59d151f079814

All republicans think Climate Change is false. That isn't a generalization at all. Oh wait....seabiscuit8686

The vocal leadership of the Republican party seem to believe so..

Xx_Hopeless_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Xx_Hopeless_xX
Member since 2009 • 16562 Posts

Well a scientist recently said this..

Professor Jones also conceded the possibility that the world was warmer in medieval times than now – suggesting global warming may not be a man-made phenomenon.

And he said that for the past 15 years there has been no 'statistically significant' warming.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1250872/Climategate-U-turn-Astonishment-scientist-centre-global-warming-email-row-admits-data-organised.html#ixzz0fqyHLNbg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-59d151f079814

[QUOTE="Agent-Zero"]I say why does it matter if it's true or not? I mean it certainly wouldn't hurt if we cleaned up our act.Kennysolidsnake
Well unfortunatley the Republicants in congress are bought by not only the health insurance industry but by the energy industry so they want nothing to do with cleaing up the act just like they care nothing that our insurance premiums will go up 39%

............... That is false, often times the industries will lobby money through their PAC's on both isles of the party line..

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SolidSnake35
I say why does it matter if it's true or not? I mean it certainly wouldn't hurt if we cleaned up our act.Agent-Zero
I totally agree with this. However, some people love being dirty tramps so, you know, you can never win.
qwertyoip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 qwertyoip
Member since 2007 • 1681 Posts

Is it happening? Yes. Can we do #$@# about it? No.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

The Fox news talking heads such as Beck, Hannity and O'Reily all seem to say that since because it snowed a lot in winter than that automatically disproves Global Warming and Al Gore should immediatley apologize for lying.. Well my question to them is, when July rolls around and the temps go over 100 degrees this summer, will those same talking heads then say Global Warming exists?

Kennysolidsnake

Firstly, it's not a REpublican thing (even though lots of Republicans fit in here). There are plenty of non-Republicans who deny evolution and global warming, and plenty of Republicans who recognize that global warming is happening.

And second, yes. Yes, they absolutely believe this. Any cold spell ever is all that many skeptics need in order to justify saying that global warming is a load of crap. "If there's global warming, then how come it's cold?" Yes, that is absolutely the extent of many peoples' understanding of the issue. Though to be fair, it's not really a Republican thing.

Snipes_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Snipes_2
Member since 2009 • 17126 Posts

I don't know, IT's like saying "Why do all Democrats believe Global Warming is Real?".

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SolidSnake35

Is it happening? Yes. Can we do #$@# about it? No.

qwertyoip
Sure we can... we just have to make sacrifices. It's funny how humanity would destroy the planet just to protect the luxury of, say, driving around in a car as if that's somehow more important.
Miyomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Miyomatic
Member since 2005 • 3544 Posts

It's a Republican thing, huh? Thats like saying all black people are criminals. :?

Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 Saturos3091
Member since 2005 • 14937 Posts

Yes, all Republicans think this. :roll:

Blatant generalizations and "faction loyalty" are the reason our country can't get **** done right with the bipartisan system.

tester962

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20 tester962
Member since 2004 • 2881 Posts

[QUOTE="Agent-Zero"]I say why does it matter if it's true or not? I mean it certainly wouldn't hurt if we cleaned up our act.Kennysolidsnake

Yeah cause there arent any Democrats who have been bought and paid for as well.

Corruption is on both sides of the aisle and if you want to act like its just one-sided you are not nearly as well informed as you want to pretend to be.

leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 leviathan91
Member since 2007 • 7763 Posts

The debate should be if it's man-made or natural. But because the other side is taking an extreme on the issue, the other side might as well. I think that's the case.

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

Yep. It snowed almost three feet at my place, therefore climate change is a scam. :roll:

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#23 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12394 Posts
Im a republican and I think global warming/climate change is real.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-59d151f079814

[QUOTE="Kennysolidsnake"][QUOTE="Agent-Zero"]I say why does it matter if it's true or not? I mean it certainly wouldn't hurt if we cleaned up our act.tester962

Corruption is on both sides of the aisle and if you want to act like its just one-sided you are not nearly as well informed as you want to pretend to be.

.. Actual "corruption" is rare in politics, and lobbyiests get a bad rap when they have to be amazingly strict and clean if they want to have any of the politicans to actually listen to them.. Furthermore our government would not be able to run with out lobbyiests..

tester962

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 tester962

[QUOTE="tester962"]

[QUOTE="Kennysolidsnake"] Well unfortunatley the Republicants in congress are bought by not only the health insurance industry but by the energy industry so they want nothing to do with cleaing up the act just like they care nothing that our insurance premiums will go up 39%sSubZerOo

.. Actual "corruption" is rare in politics, and lobbyiests get a bad rap when they have to be amazingly strict and clean if they want to have any of the politicans to actually listen to them.. Furthermore our government would not be able to run with out lobbyiests..

Did I ever say anything bad about lobbyists. You are speaking to the wrong person here. I was telling Kenny who obviously is biased and hates Republicans that there are corrupted officials on both sides of the aisle. Nothing more than that.

Also I am Republican and personally I feel that we have some climate change going but that alot of the data is exagerrated. They have already been proven to be lying about some stuff dealing with the emails and other such nonsense. In the long run though I personally don't care if its real or not. Not like I am going to do anything to make it better or make it worse.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36047 Posts

I don't know, IT's like saying "Why do all Democrats believe Global Warming is Real?".

Snipes_2
Because the large amount of scientific evidence makes it hard to ignore.
Xx_Hopeless_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Xx_Hopeless_xX

[QUOTE="Snipes_2"]

Serraph105

Read my post...>_>..

wstfld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 wstfld
Member since 2008 • 6375 Posts

Snipes_2
Because we believe in science.
tester962

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 tester962

[QUOTE="Snipes_2"]

wstfld

Because we believe in science.

Yeah cause only Democrats believe in science.

*sarcasm

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

[QUOTE="Serraph105"][QUOTE="Snipes_2"]

Xx_Hopeless_xX

Read my post...>_>..

Your post is full of fail. No warming since 1995? That's why recent years have been the hottest in recent history? Ha.
vitalogy23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 vitalogy23
Member since 2010 • 235 Posts

Professor Jones also conceded the possibility that the world was warmer in medieval times than now – suggesting global warming may not be a man-made phenomenon.

And he said that for the past 15 years there has been no 'statistically significant' warming.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1250872/Climategate-U-turn-Astonishment-scientist-centre-global-warming-email-row-admits-data-organised.html#ixzz0fqyHLNbg

Xx_Hopeless_xX

i've heard this as well. we are not as smart as we think we are. it's very possible that100 years from now people will be laughing at our theories of global warming.

Miyomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Miyomatic
Member since 2005 • 3544 Posts

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

[QUOTE="tester962"]

tester962

Did I ever say anything bad about lobbyists. You are speaking to the wrong person here. I was telling Kenny who obviously is biased and hates Republicans that there are corrupted officials on both sides of the aisle. Nothing more than that.

Also I am Republican and personally I feel that we have some climate change going but that alot of the data is exagerrated. They have already been proven to be lying about some stuff dealing with the emails and other such nonsense. In the long run though I personally don't care if its real or not. Not like I am going to do anything to make it better or make it worse.

I am a Republican as well, and like you, I believe in climate change. However, seeing someone like Al Gore win the Nobel Peace Prize based purely on sensationalism is a tragedy in my book. Blowing things out of proportion and trying to scare people into voting for your party is a joke, and a joke that they apparently find really funny. I'm just tired of seeing these political parties take advantage of people, and I honestly feel that Obama might not have won the election if it wasn't for the use of such techniques. (Watch MTV around election time and you'll see what I mean)

Back on topic, I think global warming is a natural cycle that the earth goes through, and that the warming is followed by an ice age.

Ravirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Ravirr
Member since 2004 • 7931 Posts

Umm no, I say it as a joke. But I am greatfull for the rain here in california.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Serraph105

[QUOTE="Xx_Hopeless_xX"]

vitalogy23

i've heard this as well. we are not as smart as we think we are. it's very possible that100 years from now people will be laughing at our theories of global warming.

while not impossible it is still smart to be good to the environment otherwise things like this happen.

http://images.tribe.net/tribe/upload/photo/cd1/7ad/cd17adc9-084b-400f-99a1-7255ef65d698

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178883 Posts

This subject is much more complex than one thinks.....Is it a lie?

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 -Sun_Tzu-
Member since 2007 • 17384 Posts
Honestly, I don't understand the logic of the global warming denier. There is virtually no upside with putting all your money on the chance that a very small minority of scientists (a lot of which are funded by big oil) are right about global warming.
D_Battery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 D_Battery
Member since 2009 • 2478 Posts

while not impossible it is still smart to be good to the environment otherwise things like this happen.

http://images.tribe.net/tribe/upload/photo/cd1/7ad/cd17adc9-084b-400f-99a1-7255ef65d698

Serraph105

That's just a cyclical phenomenon.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Serraph105

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

[QUOTE="tester962"]

tester962

wow I never thought I would get to use this poster, but

http://benigngirl.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/irresponsibility.jpg

Xx_Hopeless_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Xx_Hopeless_xX

[QUOTE="Xx_Hopeless_xX"]

[QUOTE="Serraph105"] Because the large amount of scientific evidence makes it hard to ignore.HoolaHoopMan

Read my post...>_>..

Your post is full of fail. No warming since 1995? That's why recent years have been the hottest in recent history? Ha.

Wait what are you even talking about O_o..?

Snipes_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Snipes_2

[QUOTE="Snipes_2"]

Serraph105

Do all Democrats believe it? Not likely.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Serraph105

[QUOTE="Serraph105"][QUOTE="Snipes_2"]

Snipes_2

the mouthpieces of the party all certainly seem to. Unlike a certain other party.
Snipes_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Snipes_2

[QUOTE="Snipes_2"]

[QUOTE="Serraph105"] Because the large amount of scientific evidence makes it hard to ignore.Serraph105

the mouthpieces of the party all certainly seem to. Unlike a certain other party.

They're just following their party. That's why they're called "Mouthpieces" :D

Diablo-B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Diablo-B
Member since 2009 • 4063 Posts
You gotta admit that it is very difficult to argue global warming when its cold and snowing. Explaining the real issue takes time and science and sadily if something can;t be easily explain they don't want to believe it. CLIMATE CHANGE has to do with an increase in the extremes. Hotter summers, colder winters, more floods, more tornados, stronger hurricanes. Oddly enough the last time there was a large jump in the CO2 levels the earth went into the ICE age. So maybe this increase in snow is a sign.
tester962

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 tester962

[QUOTE="tester962"]

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

Serraph105

wow I never thought I would get to use this poster, but

http://benigngirl.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/irresponsibility.jpg

I like that picture. Does not bother me though as I said in the long run I have better things to worry about than my carbon footstep. =)

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178883 Posts
Okay ignore the link. But there is now some questions regarding the science behind global warming.
-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 -Sun_Tzu-
Member since 2007 • 17384 Posts

Okay ignore the link. But there is now some questions regarding the science behind global warming.LJS9502_basic

Here's a good article explaining the hacked emails brought up in your link:

"What do the suggestive "tricks" and "hiding the decline" mean? Is this evidence of a nefarious climate conspiracy?"Mike's Nature trick" refers to the paperGlobal-scale temperature patterns and climate forcing over the past six centuries (Mann 1998), published in Nature by lead author Michael Mann. The "trick" is the technique of plotting recent instrumental data along with the reconstructed data. This places recent global warming trends in the context of temperature changes over longer time scales.

The "decline" refers to the "divergence problem". This is where tree ring proxies diverge from modern instrumental temperature records after 1960. The divergence problem is discussed as early as 1998, suggesting a change in the sensitivity of tree growth to temperature in recent decades (Briffa 1998). It is also examined more recently inWilmking 2008which explores techniques in eliminating the divergence problem. So when you look at Phil Jone's email in the context of the science discussed, it is not the schemings of a climate conspiracy but technical discussions of data handling techniques available in the peer reviewed literature."

http://www.skepticalscience.com/What-do-the-hacked-CRU-emails-tell-us.html

Avatar image for XD4NTESINF3RNOX
XD4NTESINF3RNOX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#48 XD4NTESINF3RNOX
Member since 2008 • 7438 Posts
Yes every single republican thinks this way *sigh* :roll:
treeblower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 treeblower
Member since 2010 • 135 Posts
It's irrefutable that global warming does exist. What is far more debatable is whether human contribution to greenhouse gases is actually affecting a cycle that has been going on for millions of years. PS, sorry to Sun Tzu, didn't see this thread originally.
Avatar image for Truthful_Facade
Truthful_Facade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Truthful_Facade
Member since 2010 • 55 Posts
There's a few problems here first you're watching Fox News, second any political group will do anything to keep the idea of global warming alive, it causes them to feel like they have some purpose, plus the money that could be made with new 'green' products. Did you listen to the news a little while back about the e-mails sent from some scientists, the data from the past 20 years or so was manipulated to prove global warming and the raw data was really showing a decline. This made me question what to believe, because how can I tell who telling the truth and whose bs-ing their way onto the global agenda.