Did you switch to Verizon for the iPhone?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jshaas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 jshaas
Member since 2003 • 2411 Posts

I didn't really know where else I could legally post this... so here we go;)

Did any of you switch to Verizon for the iPhone? If so, how is it working so far. If not, have you noticed a better performance on AT&T's network? I know it's only been a couple of weeks, but I think that's long enough to tell one way or the other.

Another thought I had was, when the next iPhone comes out (4G compatible most likely)... Do you think Verizon's network will allow you to talk and surf simultaneously?

konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 konvikt_17
Member since 2008 • 22378 Posts

nope. verizon is crap. my sister had verizon and they screwed her over so bad.

i personally dont see all the hype that is the iPhone. im perfectly happy with my samsung epic.

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

I had the iPhone and switched back it Verizon for the DroidX.

FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 FUBAR24
Member since 2005 • 12185 Posts
nope. anyone who buys the 4 on verizon is an idiot when the 5 will be out this summer with most likely 4G LTE support. engadget is already reporting itll have a 4 inch screen. and we will probably find out about iOS5 this wednesdays during the iPad 2 conference
WiiRocks66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 WiiRocks66
Member since 2007 • 3488 Posts

No, I was already on Verizon with a Droid and now a Fascinate, both of which I find better than the iPhone.

metroidprime55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 metroidprime55
Member since 2008 • 17657 Posts

I was about to get an iPhone but then I learned it doesn't actually have multitasking, I want a Droid instead.

jshaas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jshaas
nope. anyone who buys the 4 on verizon is an idiot when the 5 will be out this summer with most likely 4G LTE support. engadget is already reporting itll have a 4 inch screen. and we will probably find out about iOS5 this wednesdays during the iPad 2 conferenceFUBAR24
I've seen this too. All speculation of course since Apple doesn't deal with rumors. I also advised everyone I know that wants to switch to just wait for the summer.

No, I was already on Verizon with a Droid and now a Fascinate, both of which I find better than the iPhone.

WiiRocks66
Should've known better. GS seems to have more Droid users... unless all the iPhone users have gone to bed. None of this answers my questions though. Guess I'll have to wait a little longer to find out.
Suzy_Q_Kazoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Suzy_Q_Kazoo
Member since 2010 • 9899 Posts

No, I have a basic phone with Verizon. It can be a tid bit expensive, but best service imo.

TBoogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TBoogy
Member since 2007 • 4382 Posts
I think anyone who pays for service thru either verizon or AT&T is crazy. Way too much. I just bought an android phone for virgin mobile. Then I bought a iPod touch. Lastly, unlocked the hidden wifi hotspot feature. $25 a month for 300 calls to the droid, unlimited calls to the iPod with the right apps. Unlimited data to both via hotspot. Best deal ever.
jshaas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jshaas

I was about to get an iPhone but then I learned it doesn't actually have multitasking, I want a Droid instead.

metroidprime55
Sure it does. It's even shown in the latest commercial for it. Where did you "learn" this?
WiiRocks66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 WiiRocks66
[QUOTE="FUBAR24"]nope. anyone who buys the 4 on verizon is an idiot when the 5 will be out this summer with most likely 4G LTE support. engadget is already reporting itll have a 4 inch screen. and we will probably find out about iOS5 this wednesdays during the iPad 2 conferencejshaas
I've seen this too. All speculation of course since Apple doesn't deal with rumors. I also advised everyone I know that wants to switch to just wait for the summer.

WiiRocks66
Should've known better. GS seems to have more Droid users... unless all the iPhone users have gone to bed. None of this answers my questions though. Guess I'll have to wait a little longer to find out.

To answer your questions, not sure about the performance compared to ATT. And if it is LTE, then yes, voice and data will work.
jshaas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jshaas
I think anyone who pays for service thru either verizon or AT&T is crazy. Way too much. I just bought an android phone for virgin mobile. Then I bought a iPod touch. Lastly, unlocked the hidden wifi hotspot feature. $25 a month for 300 calls to the droid, unlimited calls to the iPod with the right apps. Unlimited data to both via hotspot. Best deal ever. TBoogy
How do you call people on an iTouch? But, you're right. Their prices are ridiculous considering most of their lesser competition has much better plan pricing. The only problem is that most of them don't have very good coverage. Sprint for example has unlimited everything (talk, text, web) for $70. Whereas At&t has unlimited talk for $100. Walmart even has wireless services now, and for much cheaper than anyone else.
MichaeltheCM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13 MichaeltheCM
Member since 2005 • 22765 Posts
nope, i didnt switch bc im already a verizon member. i dont have the iphone though. cant afford it :(
TBoogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TBoogy
Member since 2007 • 4382 Posts
[QUOTE="TBoogy"]I think anyone who pays for service thru either verizon or AT&T is crazy. Way too much. I just bought an android phone for virgin mobile. Then I bought a iPod touch. Lastly, unlocked the hidden wifi hotspot feature. $25 a month for 300 calls to the droid, unlimited calls to the iPod with the right apps. Unlimited data to both via hotspot. Best deal ever. jshaas
How do you call people on an iTouch? But, you're right. Their prices are ridiculous considering most of their lesser competition has much better plan pricing. The only problem is that most of them don't have very good coverage. Sprint for example has unlimited everything (talk, text, web) for $70. Whereas At&t has unlimited talk for $100. Walmart even has wireless services now, and for much cheaper than anyone else.

Yeah, sprint and virgin mobile are the only two companies that exist to me now. As for the calling, I'm still experimenting since I just bought it, but I am so far using icall. Free outbound calls that show my google voice number on caller I'd. Google voice app to text. Google "free calling with iPod touch" or similar for more info.
babyshoes-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 babyshoes-
Member since 2010 • 37 Posts

From what I've heard, people with Verizon had slower service and more dropped calls. But that might just be where I live, I don't know.

WiiRocks66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 WiiRocks66

From what I've heard, people with Verizon had slower service and more dropped calls. But that might just be where I live, I don't know.

babyshoes-
I sort of hear the opposite. Service is a little slower, but calls are dropped much less and are better quality. But I guess it depends on where you live. In some places, Verizon coverage sucks and ATT's is good, and vice versa in other areas.
fastr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 fastr
Member since 2010 • 2100 Posts
Switching to verizon just to get their Iphone is a bad idea in so so many ways. #1 Data is much slower on verizon, just the way the networks work, it's consistently slower, in a noticeable way. #2 No simultaneous voice and data, personally doesn't bother me much but it's still something the verizon iphone is lacking (yes TC, that will be fixed when they have a full LTE network) #3 Why switch or upgrade now when the next iphone, most likely supporting "4g" will be available in a couple of months? even if you don't care for the new version, it'll drive the price on the iphone 4 down. #4 it'll cost you more for an Iphone on verizon (about $8 more a month, plus more if you need more then 450 minutes, where you would get free mobile calling from at&t) Yeah some will say, oh but unlimited data, go check your bill... you probably use half a gig a month, so stop worrying so much about unlimited data. There are a very few percent that actually benefit from that. There are other reasons, but really thats enough. The one and only advantage is you may see less dropped calls.. but here's a shocker.. the iphone suchs as a phone, it's not really the network but the phone.
dragonfly110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#18 dragonfly110
Member since 2008 • 27955 Posts

nope I've been on verizon for a while now, best service available imho. I don't even have an iphone though, I love my droid x 1000 more then I would an iphone. I have an ipod touch for all my music and some of the exclusive apps though if that counts :P

coltsfan4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 coltsfan4ever
Member since 2006 • 2628 Posts

After being a loyal Verizon customer for years I left them about 5 months ago. Their plans are way too expensive. As of now Im done with contract plan and Im happy with my pre paid Virgin mobile plan.

jshaas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jshaas
Thanks for the responses guys. My wife wants to switch from At&t to Verizon because Verizon's service is better where her parents live... we go there every Sunday. I told her not to switch until the iPhone 5 comes out. I think all the problems people have with At&t's network will ease with more people going to Verizon. I'm almost inclined to stay with At&t, but we'll save a little by having a family plan.
red-ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#21 red-ray
Member since 2008 • 882 Posts
I'm using Verizon already but never use crApple.
JuggaloRandall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 JuggaloRandall
Member since 2010 • 8213 Posts
I don't have the iphone but my family has had Verizon for years. We all enjoy it and it's by far the most popular service provider in our area, so talking to others is always free unless using another service or land line between 7am and 9pm on weekdays. I still have a LG Dare with no data package and a spare for when my current Dare breaks down :).
comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38681 Posts
no, already had verizon and the iphone means nothing to me.