Did anyone see those new pics of a matador getting gored?

• 76 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Scalien26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Scalien26
Member since 2006 • 5116 Posts

It has been the big buzz lately. Just go to google and I am sure you can find it. Pretty graphic though, so watch out. I'd post it if I weren't afraid of being suspended or something.

Anyway, it makes me sick to look at those pictures. Not because the guy was gored, but because of what that poor animal had to go through. I mean, if you look in the pics, you will see that they were torturing it by throwing spears or swords or whatever it is they use into it's back. Blood is everywhere. I can't believe they could be so cruel. And for what? A little entertainment? The matador deserved it, IMO. if you want to kill a bull, do it in a slaughterhouse where the animal isn't taunted in front a huge crowd. Matadors are scum of the world, seriously. I don't understand how anyone could defend them.

But yeah, just thought I'd let OT know about these new pictures surfacing.

kidsmelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 kidsmelly
Member since 2009 • 5692 Posts

No and from the description I don't want to.

Dylan_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Dylan_11
Member since 2005 • 11296 Posts
Bull won in a fight that was fixed against him. I'd buy him a beer.
muller39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 muller39
Member since 2008 • 14953 Posts

I hate graphic stuff like that.

StopThePresses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 StopThePresses
Member since 2010 • 2767 Posts

I haven't seen it, and I don't want to see it, but it would be poetic justice if everyone who tormented animals for living died as a result of it, as far as I'm concerned. I don't think too highly of the people who find that stuff entertaining either.

needled24-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 needled24-7
Member since 2007 • 15902 Posts

is this the picture that you're talking about?

a

hmm, that does look very painful for the matador..

Scalien26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Scalien26
Member since 2006 • 5116 Posts

Needled - No.

This guy got gored in the throat and the horn came out his mouth.

needled24-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 needled24-7
Member since 2007 • 15902 Posts

Needled - No.

Scalien26

woah! *goes back to google images*

clayron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 clayron
Member since 2003 • 10121 Posts

*googles image*

O MAH GWAD!

EDIT: Apparently the bull was killed by other matadors.

megagene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 megagene
Member since 2005 • 23161 Posts
Yeah, I just saw the pictures and the video. I'm kind of surprised the guy lived.
JonnyEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JonnyEagle
Member since 2009 • 1196 Posts

Needled - No.

Scalien26
Ah, I think I saw the video of that.....
StopThePresses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 StopThePresses
Yeah, I just saw the pictures and the video. I'm kind of surprised the guy lived. megagene
That's a shame. I wonder how many more animals he will torture.
dragon7x2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 dragon7x2k
Member since 2007 • 3695 Posts

Needled - No.

Scalien26
From what I've read he survived; I really don't like how they hurt animals like that.
jubino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 jubino
Member since 2005 • 6265 Posts

That's insane. I wonder if he'll pull through in the end. He's still alive for now, but it doesn't mean he's out of the woods yet.

dragon7x2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 dragon7x2k
Well torturing isn't the right word... It's tradition. The spears have decorations and whatnot, and the people prodding them do it for the sake of the fight. Yeah, it's sad, but that's their culture. Nascar seems stupid to many, but to the people that like it, it's not.dreDREb13
But Nascar isn't about stabbing animals on the back, cutting it's ears and then killing it, of course it has it's risks but those accidents arent the main attraction of the sport just a part of the risks. The bull doesn't have any autonomy there, he doesn't fights because he wants, he's there just to be killed.
StopThePresses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 StopThePresses
Well torturing isn't the right word... It's tradition. The spears have decorations and whatnot, and the people prodding them do it for the sake of the fight. Yeah, it's sad, but that's their culture. Nascar seems stupid to many, but to the people that like it, it's not.dreDREb13
Oh, well, if the spears have decorations then I'm sure the animal suffers a lot less. I don't care if that is "their culture". That is a perverse aspect of a culture and I think it should stop.
F1_2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 F1_2004
Member since 2003 • 8009 Posts
Whatever, it's just another animal. We slaughter millions of those. The guy kinda got what was coming to him, playing with a friggin bull.
StopThePresses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 StopThePresses
[QUOTE="StopThePresses"][QUOTE="dreDREb13"]Well torturing isn't the right word... It's tradition. The spears have decorations and whatnot, and the people prodding them do it for the sake of the fight. Yeah, it's sad, but that's their culture. Nascar seems stupid to many, but to the people that like it, it's not.dreDREb13
Oh, well, if the spears have decorations then I'm sure the animal suffers a lot less. I don't care if that is "their culture". That is a perverse aspect of a culture and I think it should stop.

I mean, it sucks for the bull, yeah, but it's one in thousands... They don't massacre all of them. In fact, most live peaceful lives... I mean, I'm not saying the decorations make the suffering any less, but it's again a part of the culture. I don't think it's perverse, and I definitely don't think calling such a huge aspect of their life that is a good thing, either.

Making animals suffer for "entertainment" is perverse. The fact that it has been done many times does not make it any less so to me. I also don't see how all of the other animals that are left alone are even relevant. What does that have to do with anything?
jubino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 jubino

Does anyone know what they do with the bulls once the fight is over? I just want to know if they let the meat go to waste or not :P

Jordo321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Jordo321
Member since 2008 • 884 Posts
Wow I had no idea matadors stabbed them each time they go past. I thought they just waved a red flag around and dodged stuff
dragon7x2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 dragon7x2k

Does anyone know what they do with the bulls once the fight is over? I just want to know if they let the meat go to waste or not :P

jubino
I think they eat them.
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

It has been the big buzz lately. Just go to google and I am sure you can find it. Pretty graphic though, so watch out. I'd post it if I weren't afraid of being suspended or something.

Anyway, it makes me sick to look at those pictures. Not because the guy was gored, but because of what that poor animal had to go through. I mean, if you look in the pics, you will see that they were torturing it by throwing spears or swords or whatever it is they use into it's back. Blood is everywhere. I can't believe they could be so cruel. And for what? A little entertainment? The matador deserved it, IMO. if you want to kill a bull, do it in a slaughterhouse where the animal isn't taunted in front a huge crowd. Matadors are scum of the world, seriously. I don't understand how anyone could defend them.

But yeah, just thought I'd let OT know about these new pictures surfacing.

Scalien26

I sure hope you're a vegan, or your post would be hypocrisy at its best.

Do you have any idea how bad conditions often are on mass-production farms?

are you really telling me that the suffering and cruel treatment of animals is OKAY just so long as it isn't a public spectacle? "Out of sight, out of mind", is that what you're suggesting?

jubino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 jubino
[QUOTE="jubino"]

dragon7x2k
I think they eat them.

I fail to see where the problem is then. Is a matador fight less dignified than a cold, calculated death in a slaughter house? I say we need more bullfights. In fact, I think all animals should have the right to fight for its life. Much better.
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MrGeezer

[QUOTE="megagene"]Yeah, I just saw the pictures and the video. I'm kind of surprised the guy lived. StopThePresses
That's a shame. I wonder how many more animals he will torture.

I wonder how many more chickens and pigs will have to suffer in awful conditions in order to provide us Gamespotters with bacon and buffalo wings.

Ravirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#29 Ravirr
Member since 2004 • 7931 Posts

thats sad, on both parts

dkrustyklown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 dkrustyklown
Member since 2009 • 2387 Posts

Ok, some things really need to be settled about how bullfighting is percieved.

Firstly, the breed of bull that is used for bullfighting is the last living remnant of the wild cattle that once roamed Europe and the Mediterranean basin. Hunted to extinction everywhere else, the breed lives on in Spain, southern France, and Latin America because of bullfighting. Without bullfighting, the breed would be extinct. In this sense, bullfighting helps to preserve biodiversity.

Secondly, the bulls that are used in bullfighting live much better lives than the animals that end up in your hamburger. They live on large open ranges for at least four years before they go to the fights. Compare that with the typical two year lifespan of cattle destined for the slaughterhouse. Also, one should compare the living conditions of fighting bulls against those of cattle in American feed lots. You will find that the industrial feed lots are far more cramped and stressfull than the open ranges that are provided to fighting bulls. Sometimes, if a fighting bull performs exceptionally well in the ring, then its life is spared and the bull becomes breedings stock (basically, the bull is put on a pasture and given a harem of females to breed with for the rest of his life). A fighting bull stands a chance at the grandest bovine prize. Cattle destined for the slaughterhouse have no such chance.

Tell me what life you would prefer: that of a typical cow in which you live two years of which one quarter of your time is spent in an unsanitary, cramped, and stressfull feed lot before you are unceremoniously struck in the head with a bolt that knocks you out and then you are slaughtered...or...the life of a fighting bull in which you live for four years in a large open range before you are sent to a fighting ring in which you at the very least stand a chance at taking a human down with you or at the most you may earn a reprieve from death and live out the rest of your natural life having sex with a harem of females.

Finally, bullfighting is a tradition that goes back centuries. They're not going to stop, and that's all there is to it.

dkrustyklown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 dkrustyklown

I sure hope you're a vegan, or your post would be hypocrisy at its best.

Do you have any idea how bad conditions often are on mass-production farms?

are you really telling me that the suffering and cruel treatment of animals is OKAY just so long as it isn't a public spectacle? "Out of sight, out of mind", is that what you're suggesting?

MrGeezer

Wow, I actually agree with you about something. 8)

Dylan_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Dylan_11

Ok, some things really need to be settled about how bullfighting is percieved.

Firstly, the breed of bull that is used for bullfighting is the last living remnant of the wild cattle that once roamed Europe and the Mediterranean basin. Hunted to extinction everywhere else, the breed lives on in Spain, southern France, and Latin America because of bullfighting. Without bullfighting, the breed would be extinct. In this sense, bullfighting helps to preserve biodiversity.

dkrustyklown

That is stretching the line pretty thin.

Secondly, the bulls that are used in bullfighting live much better lives than the animals that end up in your hamburger. They live on large open ranges for at least four years before they go to the fights. Compare that with the typical two year lifespan of cattle destined for the slaughterhouse. Also, one should compare the living conditions of fighting bulls against those of cattle in American feed lots. You will find that the industrial feed lots are far more cramped and stressfull than the open ranges that are provided to fighting bulls. Sometimes, if a fighting bull performs exceptionally well in the ring, then its life is spared and the bull becomes breedings stock (basically, the bull is put on a pasture and given a harem of females to breed with for the rest of his life). A fighting bull stands a chance at the grandest bovine prize. Cattle destined for the slaughterhouse have no such chance.

dkrustyklown

Live happily right up until the moment they are forced into a ring and torured before their inevitable death.

Tell me what life you would prefer: that of a typical cow in which you live two years of which one quarter of your time is spent in an unsanitary, cramped, and stressfull feed lot before you are unceremoniously struck in the head with a bolt that knocks you out and then you are slaughtered...or...the life of a fighting bull in which you live for four years in a large open range before you are sent to a fighting ring in which you at the very least stand a chance at taking a human down with you or at the most you may earn a reprieve from death and live out the rest of your natural life having sex with a harem of females.

dkrustyklown

If I had to choose, neither. Both are crappy lives, but at least the typical cow is killed for a reason.

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

[QUOTE="dkrustyklown"]

Dylan_11

If I had to choose, neither. Both are crappy lives, but at least the typical cow is killed for a reason.

Really? You think it's better to keep a cow locked up in a small space for 2 years instead of living twice as long in cow paradise because it dies for mcdonald's "greater cause"?

Dylan_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Dylan_11

[QUOTE="Dylan_11"]

[QUOTE="dkrustyklown"]

topgunmv

Really? You think it's better to keep a cow locked up in a small space for 2 years instead of living twice as long in cow paradise because it dies for mcdonald's "greater cause"?

Die to feed people or die for entertainment? Not a tough choice.
poptart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 poptart
Member since 2003 • 7298 Posts

The guy looked well spun-out walking off

dkrustyklown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 dkrustyklown

That is stretching the line pretty thin.Dylan_11

So you would prefer that this subspecies become extinct, then? I would prefer that it be preserved.

Live happily right up until the moment they are forced into a ring and torured before their inevitable death.Dylan_11

Twice the lifespan is definitely worth the pain at the end, especially since the fighting bull stands a chance at taking a human down with him and may even be spared death to spend the rest of his life having sex in a large field. Bullfighting gives the bull double the lifespan, a better quality of life, and a chance to become a breeder, whereas the life of typical cattle destined for the slaughterhouse is guaranteed death after half of the lifespan of a fighting bull and without any chance of reprieve.

If I had to choose, neither. Both are crappy lives, but at least the typical cow is killed for a reason.Dylan_11

It's one or the other. There is no option C (none of the above). It's either fighting ring or slaughterhouse.

Also, carrying on a cultural tradition and providing a reason for the subspecies to even exist IS a reason.

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

[QUOTE="topgunmv"]

[QUOTE="Dylan_11"]If I had to choose, neither. Both are crappy lives, but at least the typical cow is killed for a reason.

Dylan_11

I'd rather die for entertainment if it meant my entire life wouldn't suck and I would live twice as long.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MrGeezer

Die to feed people or die for entertainment? Not a tough choice.Dylan_11

"Feeding people" is not inherently a good thing. JI mean, that all sort of depends on WHAT you feed them. Just today, I fed myself three Volcano Burritos from Taco Bell, and 30 chicken nuggets from McDonalds.

I wasn't starving or anything. Those animals simply died because I like the way they taste.

poptart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 poptart

The argument against bullfighting is not so much the cruelty involved – anyone who eats beef could be perceived as hypocritical in that respect – it's the positioning of it as a 'sport'. The premise of killing a bull slowly for entertainment in front of a baying crowd is difficult to defend in this modern age – it sucks. If it's a sport, at least make it a 50/50 chance for the animal. Bear wrestling would be fairer, and I would say more entertaining.

Dylan_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Dylan_11

[QUOTE="Dylan_11"][QUOTE="topgunmv"]

topgunmv

I'd rather die for entertainment if it meant my entire life wouldn't suck and I would live twice as long.

I'm not arguing for what I would prefer, we aren't cows. This is about what benefits people in the end, killing an animal for entertainment value benefits no one.
Dylan_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Dylan_11

[QUOTE="Dylan_11"]Die to feed people or die for entertainment? Not a tough choice.MrGeezer

"Feeding people" is not inherently a good thing. JI mean, that all sort of depends on WHAT you feed them. Just today, I fed myself three Volcano Burritos from Taco Bell, and 30 chicken nuggets from McDonalds.

I wasn't starving or anything. Those animals simply died because I like the way they taste.

I fully realize but this is one of the conditions of today's society. In the end I find it more practical for an animal to die to feed others as opposed to dieing for nothing. I say this not from the animal cruelty aspect but just from the wastefulness of killing an animal for no value in return.
dkrustyklown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 dkrustyklown

Die to feed people or die for entertainment? Not a tough choice.Dylan_11

Bulls killed in the ring are eaten.

dkrustyklown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 dkrustyklown

]I'm not arguing for what I would prefer, we aren't cows. This is about what benefits people in the end, killing an animal for entertainment value benefits no one.Dylan_11

Ironically, it benefits the bulls, since if it were not for the bullfights, the breed would not even exist.

poptart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 poptart

[QUOTE="Dylan_11"]]I'm not arguing for what I would prefer, we aren't cows. This is about what benefits people in the end, killing an animal for entertainment value benefits no one.dkrustyklown

Ironically, it benefits the bulls, since if it were not for the bullfights, the breed would not even exist.

It's a peculiar rationisation to suggest that being bred/kept alive solely to be killed for human entertainment is beneficial to the animal in question. I doubt if the cow could talk he'd be grateful for this 'privilege'.

Dylan_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Dylan_11

[QUOTE="Dylan_11"]]I'm not arguing for what I would prefer, we aren't cows. This is about what benefits people in the end, killing an animal for entertainment value benefits no one.dkrustyklown

Hey if they are all dead they can't feel the pain and torture anymore right? Seriously though this argument is a strawman (never really used this saying before someone correct me if I am wrong.....not you person I am quoting) If I argue against your view then apparently I am supporting extinction, you are not directly arguing my point about torture.
dkrustyklown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 dkrustyklown

Hey if they are all dead they can't feel the pain and torture anymore right? Seriously though this argument is a strawman (never really used this saying before someone correct me if I am wrong.....not you person I am quoting) If I argue against your view then apparently I am supporting extinction, you are not directly arguing my point about torture.Dylan_11

Strawman? A strawman argument is when one invents a ridiculous position for the opposing side and then argues against the ridiculous position even though the opposing side never argued for that position in the first place.

SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts

It amazes me that a developed European country still has such a barbaric tradition, and I know a lot of Spanish people who agree (or at least they say they do anyway). I would be concerned about anybody that can enjoy even watching an animal slowly tortured then murdered, they could probably enjoy watching the same happen to a person and many forensic psychiatrist's say that most torture murderer's start with animals.

Just too clarify here, I am not against the killing of an animal or even a person in certain circumstances, but I do not believe they should be subjected to torture and tormented prior to death.

Jesus_on_fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Jesus_on_fire
Member since 2008 • 2022 Posts

Oh my god! Thats Awful! ... Is the Bull okay!?

Paladin_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#50 Paladin_King
Member since 2008 • 11832 Posts
Welcome to bullfighting. It's been the same for hundreds of years, for better or for worse. I'm surprised, TC, that this is news to you. It's not just all waving a red cape. They also poke the bull with a sword and prolong it's death for as long as possible.