DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8780 Posts

Are you excited for a loved one to unwrap the present you've given? Are you excited to get gifts? What do you want for the holidays?

I'm giving The Stand to my mother, a wooden boat book to my step-dad, and a gossip mag for my Grandma. I hope for an Ingmar Bergman boxset from the Criterion Collection. That doesn't seem like an equal transaction. But one can wish.

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

@DEVILinIRON said:

I hope for an Ingmar Bergman boxset from the Criterion Collection.

I got mine in November. Last I checked, they were sold out, with more planned.

I don't care about Christmas or have anyone to celebrate with, but I have a lot (well, more than usual) of packages that are, coincidentally, arriving shortly before or after.

• 2001: A Space Odyssey in 4K (I watched it yesterday. It was awesome.)
  • Schindler's List in 4K (I'm guessing this week, since Amazon already charged me for it.)
  • Battle Angel Alita Deluxe Complete Series Boxset (I had no idea this series was in production again. Ordered it almost immediately when I saw it on Amazon a few days ago.)
  • The Shield - The Complete Series on Blu-ray (Pre-ordered this back in early October.)

All of them are supposed to arrive before the new year.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

I got my wife a new pair of Dock Martins. I also got her some Ravenclaw jewelry along with some stocking socks. Plus I got her a new bread knife (she's been asking) and a cookbook for our new Air Fryer. That's in addition to a necklace and a new Christmas ornament of a naked fencing Sulu from Star Trek TOS. I might get a few more things before X-Mas but we'll see.

-Byshop

Jerivol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jerivol
Member since 2018 • 5 Posts

Yes

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58398 Posts

We pull names in my family so you only give one present to one person. I got my brother, getting him a gift certificate to a butchery/charcuterie class.

I'm not asking for much, my folks usually give my brother and myself some money so we can just buy stuff for ourselves haha.

I think I might buy a nice meat smoker, one of those automated ones.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8780 Posts

@ezekiel43: So do you think you are going to dive right in to that Bergman boxset or watch a little at a time?

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

@DEVILinIRON said:

@ezekiel43: So do you think you are going to dive right in to that Bergman boxset or watch a little at a time?

Taking my time with it. So far, I've watched Autumn Sonata, The Seventh Seal (second time), Persona (third time) and The Virgin Spring. I figure I still have a lifetime to watch all these, so why rush?