Cousin of murdered Palestinian beaten by Israeli police

• 103 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

@toast_burner said:

@jasean79 said:

@GazaAli said:

@jasean79 said:

@toast_burner: So lets get this straight. Arresting, killing and assaulting gays is ok. Arresting, killing and assaulting Palestinians is bad?

I haven't read all of Gaza's posts on this board, but where in this thread did he say that "arresting, killing, and assaulting gays is ok"?? Why do you always feel the need to bring "gays" into every argument you have on here? Why can't you just stick to topic and stop with the ridiculous analogies that have nothing to do with the thread?!

Personally, I have noticed that LGBT people have this unstoppable urge to always validate their choices and how they live their lives. Its probably why there is always an abundance in LGBT parades and other forms of gay "pride". Its also probably why they appear angry for no reason sometimes and feel the need to bring up the topic of the LGBT movement all the time, with complete disregard to context and courtesy.

Its a personal observation though, I could be wrong of course.

Actually, you make a valid point, one that I can agree with. They want to be treated as "people" and "equals", yet they constantly feel the need to bring up their sexual preferences, regardless of what they're involved in.

Perfect example: I was watching a show on Spike TV called 'Inkmaster'. It's a reality tattoo competition. Last season saw its first gay tattoo artist. Every episode he brought up the fact that he was gay and how difficult it was for him to make in the industry. At one point in the show, he even used his homosexuality to justify why the judges were critiquing him poorly on his artwork, to which they replied that they were basing it solely off the tattoo and his sexual preference had no relevance to the judging.

So, here you have a program that has absolutely nothing to do sexual attraction, yet he felt it necessary to "defend himself" because he's gay. You see this more and more everyday. It's like they want people to dislike them because they're gay or something. If they want to be treated as an equal, then start acting like one - that's what I say. I don't bring up my differences in every conversation that I have with people, especially if it has no relevance to the conversation. It's really becoming tiring.

Unless I'm mistaken you're a Christian aren't you? If there was a person saying that Christians should be arrested and cut of from society, but then he started complaining that he was also being discriminated against. Would you not call him out on the obvious hypocrisy?

Gaza is complaining about discrimination against his people. Yet he constantly argues in favour of discrimination. He want's a solution to his problems but when one is offered to him he refuses it.

Yes, I'm Christian, but that has nothing to do with my reply above. I said that gays always feel the need to express to others their sexual preference even when it has little to no relevance to most things they're involved with.

Now, if the topic were bashing Christianity, then I might get involved. But I don't ever go out and say to people upon first meeting them, "Hi my name is....and I'm a Catholic". If religion comes up, then I'll mention it. That's the point I was trying to make above.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#102 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

@jasean79 said:

@toast_burner said:

Unless I'm mistaken you're a Christian aren't you? If there was a person saying that Christians should be arrested and cut of from society, but then he started complaining that he was also being discriminated against. Would you not call him out on the obvious hypocrisy?

Gaza is complaining about discrimination against his people. Yet he constantly argues in favour of discrimination. He want's a solution to his problems but when one is offered to him he refuses it.

Yes, I'm Christian, but that has nothing to do with my reply above. I said that gays always feel the need to express to others their sexual preference even when it has little to no relevance to most things they're involved with.

Now, if the topic were bashing Christianity, then I might get involved. But I don't ever go out and say to people upon first meeting them, "Hi my name is....and I'm a Catholic". If religion comes up, then I'll mention it. That's the point I was trying to make above.

The vast majority of gays don't do that either, but that's not really relevant. My question was if there was lets say a Muslim saying that Christians should be arrested, and then he started complaining that Muslims are being persecuted against and expects you to do something about it. Would you not call him out on the hypocrisy?

I believe the solution to all forms of discrimination are the same. To fight against homophobia is to also fight racism. To support homophobia is also supporting racism. As long as there are people like GazaAli claiming it's ok to discriminate, then stuff like what's happening in Palestine will continue to happen. People need to accept that it's not ok to discriminate.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103  Edited By jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

@toast_burner said:

@jasean79 said:

@toast_burner said:

The vast majority of gays don't do that either, but that's not really relevant. My question was if there was lets say a Muslim saying that Christians should be arrested, and then he started complaining that Muslims are being persecuted against and expects you to do something about it. Would you not call him out on the hypocrisy?

I believe the solution to all forms of discrimination are the same. To fight against homophobia is to also fight racism. To support homophobia is also supporting racism. As long as there are people like GazaAli claiming it's ok to discriminate, then stuff like what's happening in Palestine will continue to happen. People need to accept that it's not ok to discriminate.

But aren't we usually more passionate about things that affect us directly? Certainly, you can't expect Gaza to be empathetic towards every social group out there, in every country worldwide, on the same level that he is towards his own society's problems. He posts about things that matter to him, as do most of the people on here. It may seem like hypocrisy, but to me it gives me a better understanding of what matters to him. I don't understand why this bothers you so much that you have to call him out on it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#104  Edited By deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

@jasean79 said:

@toast_burner said:

But aren't we usually more passionate about things that affect us directly? Certainly, you can't expect Gaza to be empathetic towards every social group out there, in every country worldwide, on the same level that he is towards his own society's problems. He posts about things that matter to him, as do most of the people on here. It may seem like hypocrisy, but to me it gives me a better understanding of what matters to him. I don't understand why this bothers you so much that you have to call him out on it.

I don't expect him to be as empathetic towards gays. I'm not calling him a hypocrite for not paying attention to problems that happen to gay people. I'm calling him a hypocrite for supporting those causing gay people harm. He has said in the past that it should be illegal to be openly gay, that gay people shouldn't be allowed to have children, and has given his support to countries where gay people are being brutally tortured and killed.

Like I said if you make it ok to discriminate against one group for being different, you make it ok to discriminate against any group that is different (i.e. anyone). So for him to act all upset when he's getting discriminated against yet at the same time discriminates against others is hypocritical.