Condoms In School Bathrooms?

• 160 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AKA_Unreal05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 AKA_Unreal05
Member since 2007 • 103 Posts

I have a report that is supposed to show one side of an arguement and this is the topic I picked.

I'd like to hear some opinions or ideas about this. Do you think that this would be a good idea so that teen pregnancies will go down or do you think this is a bad idea and it just promotes sex?

Serious answers, please.

FootFetish24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 FootFetish24
Member since 2004 • 736 Posts
yes, much more convenient for me to get my groove on.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts
Kids are going to do it regardless. It's a good idea to put condoms in school washrooms.
Whicker89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Whicker89
Member since 2004 • 18919 Posts
I'd make Water bombs >_______>
Blood-Scribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Blood-Scribe
Member since 2007 • 6465 Posts
I'd say it would obviously be a bit of a double edged sword here, but I feel that because of the fact that instead of preaching abstinence without offering support like most sex ed programs, placing condoms in the bathroom would be a good way of preaching safe sex. I remember two years ago in ninth grade, they just flat out said that sex is bad and that I will most likely get my partner pregnant. The kind of stuff they preach about abstinence gets absolutely ridiculous after awhile. Most kids don't take the sex portion of Health class all that seriously to begin with, so if you're not going to try to communicate with them about something that they aren't stupid enough to believe, why not teach them something that they will listen to?
kazuya246

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 kazuya246
Member since 2005 • 617 Posts
The fact is that sex will increase. And also the negatives of young sex will decrease.ie. pregnancy, STDs and stuff like that
Sandro909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 Sandro909
Member since 2004 • 15221 Posts
Why not... also, this reminds me of a story: Someone found a blue condom in the hallway once. That is all. :|
AKA_Unreal05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 AKA_Unreal05

But don't you think that's just encouragement to do it? And what if it breaks? People and parents are going to want to hold the schools responsible even though the child knew the risks and did it anyways.

Boring_Bland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Boring_Bland
Member since 2007 • 943 Posts

I don't think they should be allowed. When are they going to do "it"? Between classes? I just don't see the purpose. And most teens that are getting the "action" already have access to condoms.

THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#10 THE_DRUGGIE
Member since 2006 • 25107 Posts

I'd make Water bombs >_______>Whicker89

Don't you mean "Condom Bombs"?

Sora529

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11 Sora529
Member since 2006 • 3755 Posts
Uhh, I dunno. I'd feel a little weird if my school put condoms in the bathrooms, but I can definately see the side of the arguement that says its a good idea.
GettingTired

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 GettingTired
Member since 2006 • 5994 Posts
No. If someone is "mature" enough to have sex, they're mature enough to go to the store and buy a box, like any adult would do.
SpaceMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SpaceMoose
Member since 2004 • 10789 Posts

Honestly, I don't think it is the school's business to be selling anything to students except yearbooks and food. That's what drug stores are for. I mean, you don't see the school selling students helmets for skateboarding, do you?

Also, the machines would just get vandalized anyway.

Scienceblows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Scienceblows
Member since 2007 • 2992 Posts

Goods to condoms in school bathrooms: none really
bads: Most kids will look at it as an easy way to have sex,and is pretty much promoting sex.

Soyeah,not so good

DarkAltair89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DarkAltair89
Member since 2007 • 69 Posts

Kids are going to do it regardless. It's a good idea to put condoms in school washrooms.Aljosa23

I agree, if they want to do it then they'll do it. Would it not be better to at least have the availability of condoms in the washrooms rather than not using one and accidently getting someone pregnant or catching something?

...and not all teenagers are particulary comfortable going to a drug store and asking for one.

Mr47fitter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Mr47fitter
Member since 2007 • 2273 Posts
Why would you need to make balloon animals during school?
ParasiteDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ParasiteDemon
Member since 2006 • 1195 Posts
Sure stick them in there. Only good comes from sex
AKA_Unreal05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 AKA_Unreal05

Well I suppose I should explain why this topic is even available.

Last year, near the end of the year they had to close down the entire west wing hallway because the administrators found "white stuff" all over the carpet and there were rumors of the students doing it there because it is wide open until 2nd peiod as no teachers have classes there until that hour.

Well, the result was a MAJOR increase in pregnancies and STDs for our student body, all the way from freshmen to seniors.

I still don't think we should HAVE to put condoms in the bathrooms but at this point I think it necessary.

dooly420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 dooly420
Member since 2005 • 8783 Posts
The fact is that sex will increase. And also the negatives of young sex will decrease.ie. pregnancy, STDs and stuff like thatkazuya246
just because you have a condom, doesn't mean that you're going to have sex. an ugly guy with a condom is still an ugly guy.
Proobie44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 Proobie44
Member since 2006 • 5663 Posts
Well it has it's up and down, prevents virus like AIDS, but promotes sex. Tough one :?
Whicker89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Whicker89

Last year, near the end of the year they had to close down the entire west wing hallway because the administrators found "white stuff" all over the carpet and there were rumors of the students doing it there because it is wide open until 2nd peiod as no teachers have classes there until that hour.

Well, the result was a MAJOR increase in pregnancies and STDs for our student body, all the way from freshmen to seniors.

I still don't think we should HAVE to put condoms in the bathrooms but at this point I think it necessary.

AKA_Unreal05
Hasnt your class ever heard of pulling out?

British_Azimio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 British_Azimio
Member since 2007 • 2459 Posts
I don't think condoms need to be in school bathrooms.
Boring_Bland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Boring_Bland
Member since 2007 • 943 Posts
[QUOTE="AKA_Unreal05"]

Whicker89

:lol: u = funny

THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 THE_DRUGGIE

Prevent the spread of a deadly, incurable virus that can be passed on to multiple people by a single person...Or try in vain to prevent hormone-crazed teenagers from bumping uglies.

Hmmmmmmmmm....

Avatar image for metallica_fan42
metallica_fan42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#25 metallica_fan42
Member since 2006 • 21143 Posts

Look at it this way, kids would buy condoms in stores if they were interested in protection. Just because it's in the school, doesn't necessarily mean they'll want to use it. In fact, kids may not use them just to spite the school.

AKA_Unreal05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 AKA_Unreal05

Look at it this way, kids would buy condoms in stores if they were interested in protection. Just because it's in the school, doesn't necessarily mean they'll want to use it. In fact, kids may not use them just to spite the school.

metallica_fan42

Wow, I've never heard that point of view on this topic. Kudos, Meallica ;)

GettingTired

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 GettingTired

Prevent the spread of a deadly, incurable virus that can be passed on to multiple people by a single person...Or try in vain to prevent hormone-crazed teenagers from bumping uglies.

Hmmmmmmmmm....

THE_DRUGGIE

I'm sorry, but I don't want MY tax dollars wasted on condoms so stupid naive teenagers can be pampered and continue their existance without responsibility. I don't care if they get AIDS and die. Too bad. That's life. You live with the consequences of your actions. You recieve no pity from me.

BobbyTurkalino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: -4

#28 BobbyTurkalino
Member since 2003 • 31460 Posts
I'd say no. I see no reason to put them there, but that may be because there were no teen pregnancies during my school days.
Roland1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Roland1987
Member since 2004 • 3038 Posts
I don't really see a downside to it...is it promoting sex? I don't think so, but if it is it is promoting safe sex. Preaching safe sex has a greater chance of suceeding then preaching abstinence i think.
Kid-Icarus-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Kid-Icarus-
Member since 2006 • 733 Posts
[QUOTE="AKA_Unreal05"]

Whicker89

I know this was probably a joke. But you know pulling out is a pretty risky method right? It doesn't protect against STDs and it doesn't completely protect against pregnancy, as there is some degree of semen in your pre-ejaculate, which is secreted long before you actually ejaculate.
THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 THE_DRUGGIE
[QUOTE="THE_DRUGGIE"]

Hmmmmmmmmm....

GettingTired

I'm sorry, but I don't want MY tax dollars wasted on condoms so stupid naive teenagers can be pampered and continue their existance without responsibility. I don't care if they get AIDS and die. Too bad. That's life. You live with the consequences of your actions. You recieve no pity from me.

Like our tax dollars are being spent on anything better at the moment?

Whicker89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Whicker89
[QUOTE="Whicker89"][QUOTE="AKA_Unreal05"]

Kid-Icarus-

I know this was probably a joke. But you know pulling out is a pretty risky method right? It doesn't protect against STDs and it doesn't completely protect against pregnancy, as there is some degree of semen in your pre-ejaculate, which is secreted long before you actually ejaculate.

Yes I was kidding -___-' Besides pulling out does not protect you from STDs
SpaceMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SpaceMoose
Member since 2004 • 10789 Posts

metallica_fan42

Good point about spiting the school, and as I said, the machines would probably get vandalized anyway.

bacon_is_sweet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 bacon_is_sweet
Member since 2006 • 3112 Posts
No, shows school approval of under age sex and would only increase the amount.
Quiet-Key

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Quiet-Key
Member since 2007 • 499 Posts

I don't think they should be allowed. When are they going to do "it"? Between classes? I just don't see the purpose. And most teens that are getting the "action" already have access to condoms.

Boring_Bland

Most of them wouldn't try to do it in between classes.. It would still be a good idea for them to have somewhere they're available to them. Teen sex is on the rise, and instead of fighting a losing battle of trying to stop them, we need to fight the bigger problem of unwanted pregnancy and STDs.

dooly420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 dooly420
No, shows school approval of under age sex and would only increase the amount.bacon_is_sweet
how does having a condom increase your chances of getting laid?
AKA_Unreal05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 AKA_Unreal05

[QUOTE="bacon_is_sweet"]No, shows school approval of under age sex and would only increase the amount.dooly420

As funny and pointless that sounds lol, it is really a great point. Kudos, again.

Avatar image for SympathyForLdyV
SympathyForLdyV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SympathyForLdyV
Member since 2007 • 767 Posts
[QUOTE="THE_DRUGGIE"]

Hmmmmmmmmm....

GettingTired

You would rather have your tax dollars going to the kids those teenagers can't take care of?

ParasiteDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ParasiteDemon
Member since 2006 • 1195 Posts

[QUOTE="bacon_is_sweet"]No, shows school approval of under age sex and would only increase the amount.dooly420

I wish it did...

AKA_Unreal05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 AKA_Unreal05
[QUOTE="GettingTired"][QUOTE="THE_DRUGGIE"]

Hmmmmmmmmm....

SympathyForLdyV

You would rather have your tax dollars going to the kids those teenagers can't take care of?

Once more, a marvelous point, kudos. You guys are writing my paper for me.

I'd just like to say thank you for all those who have posted. Keep 'em coming and thanks in advance.

Avatar image for Video_Game_King
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#41 Video_Game_King
Member since 2003 • 27545 Posts
Totally, because we all remember accidentally finding two buddies having sex in the school bathrooms on a day-to-day basis :roll:.
GettingTired

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 GettingTired
[QUOTE="GettingTired"][QUOTE="THE_DRUGGIE"]

Hmmmmmmmmm....

SympathyForLdyV

It's not the kids fault their mother is a whore. But then again that's a whole different issue.

Quiet-Key

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Quiet-Key
Member since 2007 • 499 Posts
[QUOTE="SympathyForLdyV"][QUOTE="GettingTired"][QUOTE="THE_DRUGGIE"]

Hmmmmmmmmm....

GettingTired

It's not the kids fault their mother is a whore. But then again that's a whole different issue.

Maybe she wasn't a whore, maybe her boyfriend just couldn't get any protection..

dooly420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 dooly420

Hmmmmmmmmm....

GettingTired

what makes you so sure she got paid?
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Video_Game_King
[QUOTE="GettingTired"][QUOTE="SympathyForLdyV"][QUOTE="GettingTired"][QUOTE="THE_DRUGGIE"]

Hmmmmmmmmm....

Quiet-Key

Maybe she wasn't a whore, maybe her boyfriend just couldn't get any protection..

Condoms aren't that hard to find, nor do they require any license to purchase. Same with birth control pills.

GettingTired

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 GettingTired
[QUOTE="GettingTired"][QUOTE="SympathyForLdyV"][QUOTE="GettingTired"][QUOTE="THE_DRUGGIE"]

Hmmmmmmmmm....

Quiet-Key

Then she's stupid. If he couldn't get any protection, and clearly has no self-control, why would she sleep with him? She's flat out stupid, and how she managed to survive that far in life is quite surprising.

Avatar image for SympathyForLdyV
SympathyForLdyV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 SympathyForLdyV
Member since 2007 • 767 Posts

Hmmmmmmmmm....

GettingTired

It only takes one time to get pregnant and some times the protection fails so calling them whore isn't fair.

The point I was trying to make is teen pregnancy is a problem that needs to be taken care of. Either way were going to be spending money to prevent it from happening. So would you rather have cheaper taxes and pay for condoms or higher taxes and pay for kids.

ALTER_duo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#48 ALTER_duo
Member since 2007 • 2206 Posts

Goods to condoms in school bathrooms: none really
bads: Most kids will look at it as an easy way to have sex,and is pretty much promoting sex.

Soyeah,not so good

Scienceblows

Dude you have to replace the contrast in your sig now! Increase it, but no halftone and what's with the line around his head?

-

As for my opinion I think that it's a good idea, at least now we won't have so many STD's everywhere, although I don't want to hear people going at it in the stall next to me as I'm taking a dump.

musicman748

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 musicman748
Member since 2007 • 2754 Posts
i saw two together in the bathroom stall the other day but thats about as far as ill go
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Video_Game_King

Hmmmmmmmmm....

SympathyForLdyV

It only takes one time to get pregnant and some times the protection fails so calling them whore isn't fair.

The point I was trying to make is teen pregnancy is a problem that needs to be taken care of. Either way were going to be spending money to prevent it from happening. So would you rather have cheaper taxes and pay for condoms or higher taxes and pay for kids.

That is ridiculously wrong. Some people have to have sex about 5 times to have a baby. And do you have any reliable statistic on how often condoms fail when used properly? And I'd rather have no taxes and teach them to be patient/responsible, but I guess we have no choices in these matters.