Comcast's Xfinity internet outage

This topic is locked from further discussion.

angeldeb82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 angeldeb82
Member since 2005 • 1724 Posts

I noticed that this afternoon after 1:00 PM EST, Facebook was suffering a severe outage along with many other websites, and then I didn't even know that Comcast's Xfinity internet was suffering a severe outage. Fortunately, the internet was fixed at around 2:30 PM EST. Let's hope it stays that way. BTW, has your Xfinity internet suffered outages too?

https://techcrunch.com/2017/11/06/comcast-xfinity-slow-outage/

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

Comcast is garbage, I've been all but forced to use them at a few places I've lived because of their monopoly on the area, and outages were common as hell. It got so bad I eventually chewed them out like 10 times, I think I ended up getting a lot of free, but shitty, internet from them.

Screw those guys.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

It was my fault, I tripped over the internet cable and broke it.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@GTR12 said:

It was my fault, I tripped over the internet cable and broke it.

Could have used the time to upgrade to 10Gbit ethernet at least.

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 LexLas
Member since 2005 • 7317 Posts

@angeldeb82 said:

I noticed that this afternoon after 1:00 PM EST, Facebook was suffering a severe outage along with many other websites, and then I didn't even know that Comcast's Xfinity internet was suffering a severe outage. Fortunately, the internet was fixed at around 2:30 PM EST. Let's hope it stays that way. BTW, has your Xfinity internet suffered outages too?

https://techcrunch.com/2017/11/06/comcast-xfinity-slow-outage/

Where you located. By your time frame, sounds like your in the EST New York East coast set. I have Comcast, pay $300 a month for freaking cable, and internet. I'm about to cancel on them. I could be paying for a car. SOB's ! They cost so much and there are many outages, and issues. Freakin slow as heck when it comes to tv, or on demand. Can't complain about the internet, that is fast, but i pay extra for fast speed, so it should be. Comcast is terrible.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

I was wondering why the internet was lagging.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

I'd take Comcast over the prehistoric system they use in cockatooschewcablesland.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23032 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

Comcast is garbage, I've been all but forced to use them at a few places I've lived because of their monopoly on the area, and outages were common as hell. It got so bad I eventually chewed them out like 10 times, I think I ended up getting a lot of free, but shitty, internet from them.

Screw those guys.

Jeez, I hate them. Before I dumped them forever I had to literally drive down to their office, drop their equipment off, and threaten legal action against them if they didn't knock off their shenanigans.

Out of every company on Earth that I have had direct contact with, I hate them the most. I will never deal with them again regardless of the circumstances.