Chinas time as the number 1 Superpower in the World will be short lived

This topic is locked from further discussion.

snakes_codec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 snakes_codec
Member since 2008 • 2754 Posts

seriously everyone talks about China being this big bad evil Empire that will rule the World but no one seems to be worried about India the very country that boosts more Honor Students than the U.S has kids also if current population growth trends continue India will surpass China's population eventually .

link is old but still but still pretty factual

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/3575994.stm

Chickity_China

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 Chickity_China
Member since 2007 • 2322 Posts

There's more to being a superpower than population. India has too many problems to count. For one, their ridiculous population density. Attention India, one child law please.

GodofEmpires

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 GodofEmpires
Member since 2009 • 611 Posts

seriously everyone talks about China being this big bad evil Empire that will rule the World but no one seems to be worried about India the very country that boosts more Honor Students than the U.S has kids also if current population growth trends continue India will surpass China's population eventually .

snakes_codec
India has a wayyyyyy higher population compared to US so of course it has more honor students. Also, population doesn't equal power, if that's what you're saying.
snakes_codec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 snakes_codec

There's more to being a superpower than population. India has too many problems to count. For one, their ridiculous population density. Attention India, one child law please.

Chickity_China

like i said tho India does have more honor student than any other country on the planet which mean most of the worlds new corporations will probably be Indian owned not to mention the many companies there already buying off of many countries in the west mostly in Europe and whose to say India wont ever expand its territory they might decide one day to just squash Pakistan and take there land from them no one can really stop them can they .

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts

[QUOTE="Chickity_China"]

snakes_codec

like i said tho India does have more honor student than any other country on the planet which mean most of the worlds new corporations will probably be Indian owned not to mention the many companies there already buying off of many countries in the west mostly in Europe and whose to say India want ever expand it territory they might decide one day to just squash Pakistan and take there land from them no one can really stop them can they .

What makes you think that the Indians will stay in India?
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58322 Posts

honor students? According to what standards?

I like how the bleeding hearts talk about how life is hard for immigrants, about how "So and so from India used to be a doctor over there, but now he has to work at a gas station"...well, I am not going to sit here and assume that Indian schools are bad, but if he was really a doctor I'd imagine he'd be a doctor in the US as well...and definately not working at a gas station.

In either case, I am not too worried about new superpowers, the US being "dethroned", etc etc.. The British Empire perished and Britain is left, and theyre doing all right. The German Empire perished (twice, I suppose, if you count the third reich) and theyre doing all right. Napoleon's empire perished and France is doing, well...ok.

The thing about China though is their population...I dont know how they can sit back and be abused like that (miners, sweat shop workers, etc). I imagine if they did get ahead, their population might just revolt.

dercoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 dercoo
Member since 2006 • 12555 Posts

Really, the future for the west could be to sit back, and sip latte's as China and India go into cold war version 2.

Heck, we might make some money off the arms race and playing both sides.

GodofEmpires

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GodofEmpires

[QUOTE="Chickity_China"]

snakes_codec

like i said tho India does have more honor student than any other country on the planet which mean most of the worlds new corporations will probably be Indian owned not to mention the many companies there already buying off of many countries in the west mostly in Europe and whose to say India want ever expand it territory they might decide one day to just squash Pakistan and take there land from them no one can really stop them can they .

Yes, people can sorta kinda stop them from taking over countries.
GodofEmpires

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GodofEmpires

Really, the future for the west could be to sit back, and sip latte's as China and India go into cold war version 2.

dercoo
Are India and China's relationship that bad? I never knew that.
Chickity_China

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 Chickity_China
Member since 2007 • 2322 Posts
[QUOTE="snakes_codec"]

[QUOTE="Chickity_China"]

GodofEmpires

Not to mention them Paki's got them newclear bombs
snakes_codec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 snakes_codec

[QUOTE="snakes_codec"]

[QUOTE="Chickity_China"]

GodofEmpires

i cant see many wanting to fight a country with 1.4 billion people .

dercoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 dercoo

[QUOTE="dercoo"]

GodofEmpires

It is actually worse than the US and USSR after WW2.

For thousands of years both have a rivalry like relationship, and heck. China even invaded India in the 60's.

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Lonelynight
Really, the future for the west could be to sit back, and sip latte's as China and India go into cold war version 2.Heck, we might make some money off the arms race and playing both sides.dercoo
I highly doubt that, as China's relation with Indian is steadily increasing in the past few years. Here's a quote from the Chinese premier Wen Jia Bao, "Cooperation is just like two pagodas (temples), one hardware and one software. Combined, we can take the leadership position in the world."
snakes_codec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 snakes_codec

[QUOTE="dercoo"]

GodofEmpires

India and China have a good political relationship right now however that may change in future .

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Lonelynight
For thousands of years both have a rivalry like relationship, and heck. China even invaded India in the 60's.dercoo
The 60s' China and the China know is quite different, seeing as in the 60s, Mao was still in power.
dercoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 dercoo

[QUOTE="dercoo"]For thousands of years both have a rivalry like relationship, and heck. China even invaded India in the 60's.Lonelynight
The 60s' China and the China know is quite different, seeing as in the 60s, Mao was still in power.

Yes that is why china was so "thrilled" about Obama's announcement in his support of India getting a permanent seat on the security council.

China really wants to be the sole super power of the region (any super power/sub super power wants that). India is a threat to this.

Not to mention India houses and honors a certain Tibetan "terrorist" to china.

snakes_codec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 snakes_codec

[QUOTE="dercoo"]Really, the future for the west could be to sit back, and sip latte's as China and India go into cold war version 2.Heck, we might make some money off the arms race and playing both sides.Lonelynight
I highly doubt that, as China's relation with Indian is steadily increasing in the past few years. Here's a quote from the Chinese premier Wen Jia Bao, "Cooperation is just like two pagodas (temples), one hardware and one software. Combined, we can take the leadership position in the world."

Premier Wen Jia Boa pretty much sums it up perfectly there both taking over slowly but Shirley the West is losing power by the day the balance of power is heading east weather we like it or not .

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Lonelynight
China really wants to be the sole super power of the region (any super power/sub super power wants that). India is a threat to this.dercoo
I'm sure most western countries would like to be the dominating superpower region too, but that doesn't mean that they will go into an arms race that will really benefit nobody in the end.
dercoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 dercoo

History disagrees....

snakes_codec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 snakes_codec

[QUOTE="Lonelynight"][QUOTE="dercoo"]For thousands of years both have a rivalry like relationship, and heck. China even invaded India in the 60's.dercoo

Yes that is why china was so "thrilled" about Obama's announcement in his support of India getting a permanent seat on the security council.

China really wants to be the sole super power of the region (any super power/sub super power wants that). India is a threat to this.

anyone whose been to India knows India thrives off of entrepreneurship there encouraged to barter for products making them tough negotiator also anyone who knows someone from India knows of there hard work ethic the difference between us and them is an Indian person will open there shop and will work from 7 till say 11 at night come rain or shine or even snow everyday of the year cant see the same commitment from people in rich countries .

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Lonelynight
History disagrees....dercoo
The Power struggle in Europe resulted in, WW1 and 2. And the Soviet Union fell because it couldn't keep up with the U.S. Edit: Well the U.S. did kinda benefited from the fall of the Soviet Union.
dercoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 dercoo

[QUOTE="dercoo"]History disagrees....Lonelynight
The Power struggle in Europe resulted in, WW1 and 2. And the Soviet Union fell because it couldn't keep up with the U.S. Edit: Well the U.S. did kinda benefited from the fall of the Soviet Union.

That is the point I was trying to say. Super powers have gone into pointless arms races and wars in order to be the dominating power spot.

That kind of hostility could turn up as both China and India will be huge economic and eventual military influence in the region.

thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts

I like how the bleeding hearts talk about how life is hard for immigrants, about how "So and so from India used to be a doctor over there, but now he has to work at a gas station"...well, I am not going to sit here and assume that Indian schools are bad, but if he was really a doctor I'd imagine he'd be a doctor in the US as well...and definately not working at a gas station.

mrbojangles25

Institutions don't recognize certain qualifications from India, are you really questioning their intelligence :lol: ?

I'd like to see you go to a foreign country with nothing

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#24 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58322 Posts

[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

thelastguy

Institutions don't recognize certain qualifications from India, are you really questioning their intelligence :lol: ?

I'd like to see you go to a foreign country with nothing

no, not questioning their intelligence in the least. Just pointing out a potential fallacy in one's argument ("Oh, they got loads of honor students"). The Chocolate Shop accross the street from where I work has 40 awards, but do they mean anything? No, because theyre all awards from events in the city, and she is the only Chocolatier in town lol.

See where I am coming from?

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Lonelynight
That is the point I was trying to say. Super powers have gone into pointless arms races and wars in order to be the dominating power spot. That kind of hostility could turn up as both China and India will be huge economic and eventual military influence in the region.dercoo
That's true, but I highly doubt that the two country will enter a cold war like the U.S. and U.S.S.R. did.
Jinroh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Jinroh_basic
Member since 2002 • 6413 Posts

snakes_codec

your premise is counter-factual, or at least presumptious on several points. To begin with, China's emergence to the superpower status is shadowed by too many uncertainties, such as the sustainability of its economic boom, income gap issues and a potentially volatile process of democratization. these issues, if not resolved, might destabilize China in foreseeable future. on the other hand, it's still premature to dismiss the American hegemonic order, or the American-led liberal order in general, as in terminal decline. it is an on-going debate, not an undisputed conclusion.

you seem to be of the opinion that population defines a country's power. this is only partly true in economic terms, as a larger population typically (but not invariably) means stronger industrial manufacturing sector and higher domestic spending power. but beyond that, this correlation hardly stands, and neither China nor India can hope (if they indeed do - also an ongoing debate) to become a superpower only on the basis of their enormous population. last but not least, while it's unquestionable that Indian students are highly competitive, it does not underline anything significant about India's future, as a large majority of these students are drawn to foreign firms/countries.

F1_2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 F1_2004
Member since 2003 • 8009 Posts
number of honor students is hardly a measure of a country's power or potential...
snakes_codec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 snakes_codec

[QUOTE="snakes_codec"]

Jinroh_basic

your premise is counter-factual, or at least presumptious on several points. To begin with, China's emergence to the superpower status is shadowed by too many uncertainties, such as the sustainability of its economic boom, income gap issues and a potentially volatile process of democratization. these issues, if not resolved, might destabilize China in foreseeable future. on the other hand, it's still premature to dismiss the American hegemonic order, or the American-led liberal order in general, as in terminal decline. it is an on-going debate, not an undisputed conclusion.

you seem to be of the opinion that population defines a country's power. this is only partly true in economic terms, as a larger population typically (but not invariably) means stronger industrial manufacturing sector and higher domestic spending power. but beyond that, this correlation hardly stands, and neither China nor India can hope (if they indeed do - also an ongoing debate) to become a superpower only on the basis of their enormous population. last but not least, while it's unquestionable that Indian students are highly competitive, it does not underline anything significant about India's future, as a large majority of these students are drawn to foreign firms/countries.

to some extent i agree with you however i think your not taking into account the number of businesses and Companies that are being brought out by Indian based businessmen sure there student might be lured away from India by more money but whose to say this company wont be owned by someone from India or China in the future what with the rate there buying up corporations these day off Western Countries .

l4dak47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 l4dak47
Member since 2009 • 6838 Posts
I wouldn't mind if the U.S. gets dethroned. It'd be a relief and fun to watch China and India butt heads.
l4dak47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 l4dak47
Member since 2009 • 6838 Posts
[QUOTE="dercoo"]That is the point I was trying to say. Super powers have gone into pointless arms races and wars in order to be the dominating power spot. That kind of hostility could turn up as both China and India will be huge economic and eventual military influence in the region.Lonelynight
That's true, but I highly doubt that the two country will enter a cold war like the U.S. and U.S.S.R. did.

They will eventually. All about competition and who is the best.
GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts
The Chinese government is organized, dedicated to a certain plan and know how to distribute and utilize resources. India on the other hand is pathetic. Look at the people there and how they live.
F1_2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 F1_2004
The Chinese government is organized, dedicated to a certain plan and know how to distribute and utilize resources. India on the other hand is pathetic. Look at the people there and how they live. GazaAli
What do you mean? Millions of people in china have a very low standard of living as well. Frankly I don't know what good it is to China to be a superpower when so many of their people are living in poverty. The people are working for the government, rather than the other way around.
GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 GazaAli
[QUOTE="GazaAli"]The Chinese government is organized, dedicated to a certain plan and know how to distribute and utilize resources. India on the other hand is pathetic. Look at the people there and how they live. F1_2004
What do you mean? Millions of people in china have a very low standard of living as well. Frankly I don't know what good it is to China to be a superpower when so many of their people are living in poverty. The people are working for the government, rather than the other way around.

Chinese may not be rich, but I don't think they are poor either. The government encourages production, agriculture and other productive activities. They go to rural areas and teach people there how to use the Internet in order to obtain information about when to plant things and whatnot. I think China is a great country, but I don't have much classified facts to be honest. Maybe you can tell me some?
dercoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 dercoo

[QUOTE="F1_2004"][QUOTE="GazaAli"]The Chinese government is organized, dedicated to a certain plan and know how to distribute and utilize resources. India on the other hand is pathetic. Look at the people there and how they live. GazaAli

Chinese may not be rich, but I don't think they are poor either. The government encourages production, agriculture and other productive activities. They go to rural areas and teach people there how to use the Internet in order to obtain information about when to plant things and whatnot. I think China is a great country, but I don't have much classified facts to be honest. Maybe you can tell me some?

Yes China is so great with its "great" mine safety polices,enslavement of Tibet, and its Winnebagos of death(mobile execution vehicles).:roll:

F1_2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 F1_2004

[QUOTE="F1_2004"][QUOTE="GazaAli"]The Chinese government is organized, dedicated to a certain plan and know how to distribute and utilize resources. India on the other hand is pathetic. Look at the people there and how they live. GazaAli

Well, no. I just know about all the poverty, humanitarian issues, censorship I read about in the news, GDP and life quality statistics, etc. Thought you knew something I didn't.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 GazaAli
We have different ideas of "great countries". I do agree that China has some F***ed up things, but I still believe they are running an impressive system there.
dercoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 dercoo

We have different ideas of "great countries". I do agree that China has some F***ed up things, but I still believe they are running an impressive system there.GazaAli

villa4europe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 villa4europe
Member since 2004 • 7081 Posts

depends on lots of factors, for one you have looked at population and student numbers, you could argue that thats not what made china huge in the 1st place, AFAIK india have stated that they arent going to pursue special economic zones or chase foreign investment in the same way china did or that they will play with their currency in the same way china do

its also 2 very different markets, if neither country tries to go balls deep in the others speciality then who's to say service based india will be able to compete with manufacturing based china?

china also have the huge head start and are currently expanding into african markets etc, id guess that india are at least 20 years behind and have russia and brazil to compete with at the same time

not saying it wont happen but i cant see india overtaking china in our lifetime

metalpower08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 metalpower08
Member since 2007 • 1254 Posts

[QUOTE="Chickity_China"]

snakes_codec

like i said tho India does have more honor student than any other country on the planet which mean most of the worlds new corporations will probably be Indian owned not to mention the many companies there already buying off of many countries in the west mostly in Europe and whose to say India wont ever expand its territory they might decide one day to just squash Pakistan and take there land from them no one can really stop them can they .

How come honour students = CEOs?

In either case, I am not too worried about new superpowers, the US being "dethroned", etc etc.. The British Empire perished and Britain is left, and theyre doing all right. The German Empire perished (twice, I suppose, if you count the third reich) and theyre doing all right. Napoleon's empire perished and France is doing, well...ok.

The thing about China though is their population...I dont know how they can sit back and be abused like that (miners, sweat shop workers, etc). I imagine if they did get ahead, their population might just revolt.

mrbojangles25

Foreign education qualifications are often not recognized because they are simply foreign, I imagine that moving an entire family from a third world country to a first can leave the family financially strained, strained enough to assume that going to school long enough to gain a PhD is pretty impossible. And the stereotype across the globe is that American schools are bad. I've never been to one though so I really can't say. However, when applying to American universities though they added an extra 10% on to all my grades to compensate for my regional school's standards.

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Lonelynight
dercoo
dercoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 dercoo

[QUOTE="dercoo"]Lonelynight

You bring up a disgraceful past. I brought up a disgraceful present.

Slavery and Native american abuse stopped over 100+ years ago. China's still cracking Tibetan skulls as we speak.

Also LOL at bringing up the child US labor pic when your trying to defend China.

They even consider

a terrorist.

HaloReachGOTY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 HaloReachGOTY
Member since 2010 • 786 Posts

nuke em

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Lonelynight
dercoo
I'm just showing what most countries go through, China is just a bit slower than the U.S. Also, Tibet is probably better off with Chinese rule than being ruled by the Tibetan monks, as before China invaded, Tibet still followed a cIass system. I would also like to note that I hate the PPC government as well, and can't wait for the old farts in office to die out so that the next generation can reform the entire government.
yabbicoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 yabbicoke
Member since 2007 • 4069 Posts
How does a big population help? A ton of India's citizens live in poverty because the country is so overcrowded.