China opens up their wet markets again....

  • 59 results
  • 1
  • 2
Avatar image for ratchetclank92
RatchetClank92

1359

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 RatchetClank92
Member since 2020 • 1359 Posts

Here

There are lots of articles updating that China has reopened their wet markets where the coronavirus likely started from a bat or pangolin. Apparently China had previously stated they would not run these again but of course that was another lie on top of much more deceit they have done. I sure hope everyone is avoiding purchasing products made in China and instead giving their business to small local businesses in your own country even if it means spending an extra couple dollars. These wet markets are obscene for spreading disease and bacteria, as everything is sitting in the hot sun exposed, where something as simple as a fly landing on a bad piece of beef (or dog/bat/mice/cats) and can easily spread it to other foods in the area.

Avatar image for horgen
horgen

127526

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127526 Posts

Ban bats and pangolins at least...

Avatar image for madrocketeer
madrocketeer

10591

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: -6

User Lists: 0

#3 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10591 Posts

Old habits die hard... ...in this case, very old. Sadly.

Avatar image for SOedipus
SOedipus

14823

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14823 Posts

Anyone surprised?

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

2539

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

These type of diseases all started from animals. We should have better sanitary practices and ban the illegal ones. MERS, SARS, Ebola, Convirus, even some researchers and scientists are thinking that the Spanish flu might've came from pigs or from farm animals.

I feel like the next strain of virus might come from India becuase of the growing number of people drinking cow piss.

Avatar image for horgen
horgen

127526

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#6 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127526 Posts

@watercrack445 said:

These type of diseases all started from animals. We should have better sanitary practices and ban the illegal ones. MERS, SARS, Ebola, Convirus, even some researchers and scientists are thinking that the Spanish flu might've came from pigs or from farm animals.

I feel like the next strain of virus might come from India becuase of the growing number of people drinking cow piss.

Normally I would ask for sources, but please don't in this case. :P

@SOedipus said:

Anyone surprised?

Avatar image for pimphand_gamer
PimpHand_Gamer

3048

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#7 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

They can't stop because they have a shit ton of people to feed.

Avatar image for ratchetclank92
RatchetClank92

1359

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#8 RatchetClank92
Member since 2020 • 1359 Posts

Their crematoriums are extending their hours and they are working around the clock, even refusing to do funerals or viewings to speed up the processes, seems odd for a country that is reporting minimal cases of corona now...

Avatar image for madrocketeer
madrocketeer

10591

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: -6

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10591 Posts
@pimphand_gamer said:

They can't stop because they have a shit ton of people to feed.

It's not just that. If you've ever looked at a topographical map of China, you'll see that 70% of the country is mountains or hill country, and most of the rest is desert. For thousands of years, Chinese people have learned to not be picky - sometimes, the hard way.

@ratchetclank92 said:

Their crematoriums are extending their hours and they are working around the clock, even refusing to do funerals or viewings to speed up the processes, seems odd for a country that is reporting minimal cases of corona now...

Yup. Even in countries like South Korea and Singapore, where they've successfully mitigated the outbreak, they're still getting trickles of between 50-150 new cases a day. They're still classified as "successes" anyway because these new cases are not overwhelming their healthcare systems - for now.

It's another one of China's bad habits, though this one is not as old; think Soviet-era rather than ancient. Anyone who believes China's official numbers, I have a bridge over my city's main river to sell them.

Avatar image for sakaixx
sakaiXx

15989

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#10 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15989 Posts

Disgusting. Can't they choose a normal diet of domesticated animals like chicken, fish, cow, crab or whatever else normal. These kinds of wet market is for luxury and exotic foods really needs to be highly regulated or heck, banned.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a
deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a

1426

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#11 deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a
Member since 2020 • 1426 Posts

@horgen said:
@watercrack445 said:

These type of diseases all started from animals. We should have better sanitary practices and ban the illegal ones. MERS, SARS, Ebola, Convirus, even some researchers and scientists are thinking that the Spanish flu might've came from pigs or from farm animals.

I feel like the next strain of virus might come from India becuase of the growing number of people drinking cow piss.

Normally I would ask for sources, but please don't in this case. :P

Loading Video...

People in India are really crazy and yeah , high chance of getting infected

Avatar image for kadin_kai
Kadin_Kai

2247

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#12 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

@ratchetclank92 said:

Here

There are lots of articles updating that China has reopened their wet markets where the coronavirus likely started from a bat or pangolin. Apparently China had previously stated they would not run these again but of course that was another lie on top of much more deceit they have done. I sure hope everyone is avoiding purchasing products made in China and instead giving their business to small local businesses in your own country even if it means spending an extra couple dollars. These wet markets are obscene for spreading disease and bacteria, as everything is sitting in the hot sun exposed, where something as simple as a fly landing on a bad piece of beef (or dog/bat/mice/cats) and can easily spread it to other foods in the area.

China never said they will close, 'wet markets,' these are found everywhere in China, Hong Kong, South Korea, Japan, Thailand and etc... the majority of them remained open during the pandemic. Every village, town, city will have numerous 'wet markets.'

You fail to understand that the vast majority of Chinese people do not eat bats, rats or pangolins if you're implying that then you're simply stupid. It's like the Chinese think all American's are gun tooting mass murderers.

Wet-markets are simply one stage ahead of supermarket processing, you will have them in the US and the UK, its the place where restaurants will buy their stocks of meat, fish and vegetables. But in Asia, they're open all day and available to the general public.

Avatar image for gamefan606
gamefan606

3930

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#13 gamefan606
Member since 2005 • 3930 Posts

Disappointed but not surprised.

Avatar image for Sevenizz
Sevenizz

6462

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#14 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

China is a communist country. The world needs to isolate themselves from it. You know, like communist doctrine dictates.

Hopefully lessons will be learned about the major problems with globalism...especially where communism is concerned.

Avatar image for ratchetclank92
RatchetClank92

1359

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#15 RatchetClank92
Member since 2020 • 1359 Posts

@kadin_kai:

I never insinuated that all Chinese eat bats mice and rats, but the wet markets are a part of their economy, and China did not help the world by hiding their numbers and hiding the fact they had a major virus. If they had have put some changes in effect they could have decreased the impact significantly. If you fail to realize that and who is responsible for this pandemic you are just being ignorant.

Avatar image for kadin_kai
Kadin_Kai

2247

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#16 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

@ratchetclank92 said:

@kadin_kai:

I never insinuated that all Chinese eat bats mice and rats, but the wet markets are a part of their economy, and China did not help the world by hiding their numbers and hiding the fact they had a major virus. If they had have put some changes in effect they could have decreased the impact significantly. If you fail to realize that and who is responsible for this pandemic you are just being ignorant.

Well, I have said this numerous times. A shitty official in Wuhan does not represent the central government. There are central governments and regional governments in China.

I cannot remember which state was trying to sue Iran for 9/11 in the US last year but does that represent the US stance? If I take the same principle then it would be correct in saying the US blames Iran for 9/11.

Moreover, the disease was well reported by mid-late November last year when it was believed that the virus could not be transferred from human-to-human. It wasn't until late December that via contract tracing that it was believed that the virus could transfer from human-to-human.

But despite the pandemic was exploding in Wuhan and spreading due to Chinese New Year, what did western governments actually do? Practically nothing. The US CDC is just saying today that face masks reduce the risk of transmission, today! https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-52126735

Perhaps consider what WHO is saying about China's reaction to the pandemic, i.e the experts. And what other studies are saying, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNRA_HcSDsk

Also perhaps consider the fact that diseases do jump species periodically. And take some personal responsibility.

Avatar image for horgen
horgen

127526

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#17 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127526 Posts

@magnum3000 said:
@horgen said:
@watercrack445 said:

These type of diseases all started from animals. We should have better sanitary practices and ban the illegal ones. MERS, SARS, Ebola, Convirus, even some researchers and scientists are thinking that the Spanish flu might've came from pigs or from farm animals.

I feel like the next strain of virus might come from India becuase of the growing number of people drinking cow piss.

Normally I would ask for sources, but please don't in this case. :P

People in India are really crazy and yeah , high chance of getting infected

Crazy to put it mildly....

Avatar image for vfighter
VFighter

11031

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#18 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@magnum3000: Wow...cow urine, that's just insane and stupid on so many levels.

Avatar image for Maroxad
Maroxad

23981

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#19  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23981 Posts

@sakaixx said:

Disgusting. Can't they choose a normal diet of domesticated animals like chicken, fish, cow, crab or whatever else normal. These kinds of wet market is for luxury and exotic foods really needs to be highly regulated or heck, banned.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news. But we have gotten a ****ton of diseases from eating those animals. Chicken in Particular is really bad. Only reason we arent dropping like flies (like the native americans did) is because we have spent thousands of years developing immunity against the massive ammounts of diseases those animals carry.

Keep in mind, in the eyes of certain ethnic and cultural groups in china. Eating Pig, Cow or Chicken will come across as extremely wierd to them, while Bats are normal. Using "Normal" in an argument is really poor rhetoric.

That said, I do agree with you that the wildlife food market needs heavy regulation. Banning Bats at the very least. Wet Markets also need much more regulation. In particular, the areas need to be sterilized, failing to do so is just begging for another infection. As the world gets increasingly populated, and populations more concentrated.

Best solution here is honestly, technology. Cultured Meat, is looking to become the best way to get meat in the near future. Unfortunately, I don't see a lot of people willingly adopting this technology. Given how people are already hesitant of GMOs.

Avatar image for horgen
horgen

127526

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#20 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127526 Posts

@Maroxad: Lab grown meat? I want to test it. Don’t have high hopes atm...

Avatar image for LJS9502_basic
LJS9502_basic

178865

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#21 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178865 Posts

I believe they stated it wasn't bats but snakes. Which are eaten in other countries.

Avatar image for Maroxad
Maroxad

23981

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#22 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23981 Posts

@horgen said:

@Maroxad: Lab grown meat? I want to test it. Don’t have high hopes atm...

I do have high hopes. I am not sure it is quite feasible right now, as it is a bit too expensive to reach a mass market, but give it 5-10 years.

Avatar image for bennyherman
Bennyherman

1

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#23 Bennyherman
Member since 2020 • 1 Posts

Irrelevant. That Virus is not a mistake.

Avatar image for HoolaHoopMan
HoolaHoopMan

14724

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#24 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

Having many species in close proximity, especially when several of them are genetically 'close', is a bad idea due to virus hopping. These markets need to be regulated or shut down. Birds, bats, pigs, pangolins, whatever, these animals are capable of transmission between each other and certainly humans. Avian flu works the same way. It can originate in birds, jump to pigs, and then humans.

Avatar image for kadin_kai
Kadin_Kai

2247

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#25 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

@Maroxad said:
@sakaixx said:

Disgusting. Can't they choose a normal diet of domesticated animals like chicken, fish, cow, crab or whatever else normal. These kinds of wet market is for luxury and exotic foods really needs to be highly regulated or heck, banned.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news. But we have gotten a ****ton of diseases from eating those animals. Chicken in Particular is really bad. Only reason we arent dropping like flies (like the native americans did) is because we have spent thousands of years developing immunity against the massive ammounts of diseases those animals carry.

Keep in mind, in the eyes of certain ethnic and cultural groups in china. Eating Pig, Cow or Chicken will come across as extremely wierd to them, while Bats are normal. Using "Normal" in an argument is really poor rhetoric.

That said, I do agree with you that the wildlife food market needs heavy regulation. Banning Bats at the very least. Wet Markets also need much more regulation. In particular, the areas need to be sterilized, failing to do so is just begging for another infection. As the world gets increasingly populated, and populations more concentrated.

Best solution here is honestly, technology. Cultured Meat, is looking to become the best way to get meat in the near future. Unfortunately, I don't see a lot of people willingly adopting this technology. Given how people are already hesitant of GMOs.

What kind of idiocy are you talking about? Enlighten me, which ethnic groups in China find it weird to eat pigs, beef or chicken and are more accustomed to bats?

Please enlighten me! Or are you speaking from the darkest part of your anatomy?

Avatar image for Maroxad
Maroxad

23981

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#26 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23981 Posts

@kadin_kai said:
@Maroxad said:
@sakaixx said:

Disgusting. Can't they choose a normal diet of domesticated animals like chicken, fish, cow, crab or whatever else normal. These kinds of wet market is for luxury and exotic foods really needs to be highly regulated or heck, banned.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news. But we have gotten a ****ton of diseases from eating those animals. Chicken in Particular is really bad. Only reason we arent dropping like flies (like the native americans did) is because we have spent thousands of years developing immunity against the massive ammounts of diseases those animals carry.

Keep in mind, in the eyes of certain ethnic and cultural groups in china. Eating Pig, Cow or Chicken will come across as extremely wierd to them, while Bats are normal. Using "Normal" in an argument is really poor rhetoric.

That said, I do agree with you that the wildlife food market needs heavy regulation. Banning Bats at the very least. Wet Markets also need much more regulation. In particular, the areas need to be sterilized, failing to do so is just begging for another infection. As the world gets increasingly populated, and populations more concentrated.

Best solution here is honestly, technology. Cultured Meat, is looking to become the best way to get meat in the near future. Unfortunately, I don't see a lot of people willingly adopting this technology. Given how people are already hesitant of GMOs.

What kind of idiocy are you talking about? Enlighten me, which ethnic groups in China find it weird to eat pigs, beef or chicken and are more accustomed to bats?

Please enlighten me! Or are you speaking from the darkest part of your anatomy?

For starters, I am PRETTY sure the Uyghur ethnic groups in China find it weird to eat pigs ;)

Avatar image for kadin_kai
Kadin_Kai

2247

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#27 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

@Maroxad: So your entire comment above regarding China is entirely focused on less than 1.00% of the population. Haha!

Avatar image for speeny
Speeny

3357

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 14

#28 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

Knew it was going to happen sooner or later unfortunately.

Avatar image for LJS9502_basic
LJS9502_basic

178865

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#29 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178865 Posts

@kadin_kai said:

What kind of idiocy are you talking about? Enlighten me, which ethnic groups in China find it weird to eat pigs, beef or chicken and are more accustomed to bats?

Please enlighten me! Or are you speaking from the darkest part of your anatomy?

You know there are ethnic groups that don't eat pigs elsewhere?

Avatar image for kadin_kai
Kadin_Kai

2247

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#30 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@kadin_kai said:

What kind of idiocy are you talking about? Enlighten me, which ethnic groups in China find it weird to eat pigs, beef or chicken and are more accustomed to bats?

Please enlighten me! Or are you speaking from the darkest part of your anatomy?

You know there are ethnic groups that don't eat pigs elsewhere?

Admittedly I did not think about the Uyghurs. But aside from them, I cannot think of any? China consumes more pork than any other nation.

But of course, most westerns probably think the Chinese only eat bats and rats!

Avatar image for jeezers
jeezers

5341

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#31 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

@kadin_kai: ive seen a video of them cooking a wild dog in a large stir fry pot while still alive, was very cruel and hard to watch. Dont understand why they would cook it alive.

Avatar image for Maroxad
Maroxad

23981

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#32  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23981 Posts

@kadin_kai said:

@Maroxad: So your entire comment above regarding China is entirely focused on less than 1.00% of the population. Haha!

The majority of the comment was focused on how domesticated animals don't have the best history either when it comes to zoonotic diseases, arguing that the best way ultimately comes down to cultured meat. But in regards to that small part.

I never talked about the entire general chinese population. I was talking about certain ethnic and cultural groups. With the point being that "Normal" is a terrible way to justify anything.

All you need is a niche, no matter how small. And the larger population at a whole is at risk. One person to contract the virus is all it takes.

Regardless of how you feel about Wet Markets. They have been a hotspot for disease. They are far less fresh than sterile supermarkets, which in turn, makes it easy for germs to jump around. Do I suggest we ban them? Of course not. However, I would hope China starts to regulate them a lot more heavily, employ hygienic standards that are on par with its many competitors.

Avatar image for mrbojangles25
mrbojangles25

58485

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#33  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58485 Posts

China going to China, amirite?

@SOedipus said:

Anyone surprised?

Yes. Wait....no. No I am not.

Serious generalizing on my part, but human life in general seems to be pretty cheap these days, it just seems really cheap in China.

I mean like some goverments are like "You know what, this isn't a big deal. Go ahead and walk around" but China is like "**** it, open up the place where the whole epidemic started, before we actually get over the epidemic."

@jeezers said:

@kadin_kai: ive seen a video of them cooking a wild dog in a large stir fry pot while still alive, was very cruel and hard to watch. Dont understand why they would cook it alive.

It doesn't even make sense from a food standpoint. Most mammal flesh needs to be slaughtered, drained of blood, and even aged to an extent before consumed. You can't just kill a cow and eat it immediately, for example.

Avatar image for kadin_kai
Kadin_Kai

2247

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#34 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

@Maroxad: You really have no idea what you’re talking about!

People go to wet markets precisely because the meat and vegetables are FRESH! They’re so fresh that they’re ALIVE!

I

Avatar image for kadin_kai
Kadin_Kai

2247

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#35 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

China going to China, amirite?

@SOedipus said:

Anyone surprised?

Yes. Wait....no. No I am not.

Serious generalizing on my part, but human life in general seems to be pretty cheap these days, it just seems really cheap in China.

I mean like some goverments are like "You know what, this isn't a big deal. Go ahead and walk around" but China is like "**** it, open up the place where the whole epidemic started, before we actually get over the epidemic."

@jeezers said:

@kadin_kai: ive seen a video of them cooking a wild dog in a large stir fry pot while still alive, was very cruel and hard to watch. Dont understand why they would cook it alive.

It doesn't even make sense from a food standpoint. Most mammal flesh needs to be slaughtered, drained of blood, and even aged to an extent before consumed. You can't just kill a cow and eat it immediately, for example.

You are a sick and vile person. To claim Chinese lives are cheaper.

But look at the facts, your President wants to reopen your economy by Easter. Wonder how much he values your life. Ha!

Avatar image for LJS9502_basic
LJS9502_basic

178865

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#36 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178865 Posts

@kadin_kai said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

China going to China, amirite?

@SOedipus said:

Anyone surprised?

Yes. Wait....no. No I am not.

Serious generalizing on my part, but human life in general seems to be pretty cheap these days, it just seems really cheap in China.

I mean like some goverments are like "You know what, this isn't a big deal. Go ahead and walk around" but China is like "**** it, open up the place where the whole epidemic started, before we actually get over the epidemic."

@jeezers said:

@kadin_kai: ive seen a video of them cooking a wild dog in a large stir fry pot while still alive, was very cruel and hard to watch. Dont understand why they would cook it alive.

It doesn't even make sense from a food standpoint. Most mammal flesh needs to be slaughtered, drained of blood, and even aged to an extent before consumed. You can't just kill a cow and eat it immediately, for example.

You are a sick and vile person. To claim Chinese lives are cheaper.

But look at the facts, your President wants to reopen your economy by Easter. Wonder how much he values your life. Ha!

Settle down there champ. I believe he meant to the Chinese government.

Avatar image for mrbojangles25
mrbojangles25

58485

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#37  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58485 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@kadin_kai said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

China going to China, amirite?

@SOedipus said:

Anyone surprised?

Yes. Wait....no. No I am not.

Serious generalizing on my part, but human life in general seems to be pretty cheap these days, it just seems really cheap in China.

I mean like some goverments are like "You know what, this isn't a big deal. Go ahead and walk around" but China is like "**** it, open up the place where the whole epidemic started, before we actually get over the epidemic."

@jeezers said:

@kadin_kai: ive seen a video of them cooking a wild dog in a large stir fry pot while still alive, was very cruel and hard to watch. Dont understand why they would cook it alive.

It doesn't even make sense from a food standpoint. Most mammal flesh needs to be slaughtered, drained of blood, and even aged to an extent before consumed. You can't just kill a cow and eat it immediately, for example.

You are a sick and vile person. To claim Chinese lives are cheaper.

But look at the facts, your President wants to reopen your economy by Easter. Wonder how much he values your life. Ha!

Settle down there champ. I believe he meant to the Chinese government.

Yes, @kadin_kai misunderstood me. Severely lol. To be clear I think every life is more or less equally valuable. On some days equally worthless...but still equal :P

And yeah I don't think our president values our lives much either. TBH I don't think he values anyone's life but his own. Maybe his lawyer's?

Avatar image for LJS9502_basic
LJS9502_basic

178865

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#38 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178865 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@kadin_kai said:

You are a sick and vile person. To claim Chinese lives are cheaper.

But look at the facts, your President wants to reopen your economy by Easter. Wonder how much he values your life. Ha!

Settle down there champ. I believe he meant to the Chinese government.

Yes, @kadin_kai misunderstood me. Severely lol. To be clear I think every life is more or less equally valuable. On some days equally worthless...but still equal :P

And yeah I don't think our president values our lives much either. TBH I don't think he values anyone's life but his own. Maybe his lawyer's?

Ivanka's...……..

Avatar image for mrbojangles25
mrbojangles25

58485

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#39 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58485 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@kadin_kai said:

You are a sick and vile person. To claim Chinese lives are cheaper.

But look at the facts, your President wants to reopen your economy by Easter. Wonder how much he values your life. Ha!

Settle down there champ. I believe he meant to the Chinese government.

Yes, @kadin_kai misunderstood me. Severely lol. To be clear I think every life is more or less equally valuable. On some days equally worthless...but still equal :P

And yeah I don't think our president values our lives much either. TBH I don't think he values anyone's life but his own. Maybe his lawyer's?

Ivanka's...……..

Ah yes, that's right. Who could forget when Trump expressed his incestuous desires to a gaggle of shrieking harpies.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for Maroxad
Maroxad

23981

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#40 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23981 Posts

@kadin_kai said:

@Maroxad: You really have no idea what you’re talking about!

People go to wet markets precisely because the meat and vegetables are FRESH! They’re so fresh that they’re ALIVE!

I

And how well perserved is the food afterwards? How hygienic is the standards of the animal prior, during and after butchering?

A wet market, in its ideal state, has a lot going for it. But unless there is strong regulation for them. We are going to keep seeing diseases like this spread.

Bats, in particular have a issue of carrying a ton of diseases, partly due to how their immune system works.

Avatar image for kadin_kai
Kadin_Kai

2247

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#41 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

@Maroxad said:
@kadin_kai said:

@Maroxad: You really have no idea what you’re talking about!

People go to wet markets precisely because the meat and vegetables are FRESH! They’re so fresh that they’re ALIVE!

I

And how well perserved is the food afterwards? How hygienic is the standards of the animal prior, during and after butchering?

A wet market, in its ideal state, has a lot going for it. But unless there is strong regulation for them. We are going to keep seeing diseases like this spread.

Bats, in particular have a issue of carrying a ton of diseases, partly due to how their immune system works.

Well, it would be difficult to answer how well food is preserved since there are literally millions of wet-markets. The ones I have seen have large refrigerator sections in the back.

And why are you asking about bats? Do you think all wet markets eat bats and all Chinese people eat bats?

By the same principle and if you're an American when are you going on your mass shooting gun rampage? Are you aiming for a primary or a secondary school?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a
deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a

1426

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#42 deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a
Member since 2020 • 1426 Posts

World should take strict punishment against China, fine them for the calamity and the innocent lives lost, forcefully close their wet markets or stop any sort of global buisness with them. This will happen again for again opening the wet markets.

Otherwise, china is a pretty cool country and its peoples/movies/technology are cool. China should learn from its mistakes.

Avatar image for Maroxad
Maroxad

23981

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#43 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23981 Posts

@kadin_kai said:
@Maroxad said:
@kadin_kai said:

@Maroxad: You really have no idea what you’re talking about!

People go to wet markets precisely because the meat and vegetables are FRESH! They’re so fresh that they’re ALIVE!

I

And how well perserved is the food afterwards? How hygienic is the standards of the animal prior, during and after butchering?

A wet market, in its ideal state, has a lot going for it. But unless there is strong regulation for them. We are going to keep seeing diseases like this spread.

Bats, in particular have a issue of carrying a ton of diseases, partly due to how their immune system works.

Well, it would be difficult to answer how well food is preserved since there are literally millions of wet-markets. The ones I have seen have large refrigerator sections in the back.

And why are you asking about bats? Do you think all wet markets eat bats and all Chinese people eat bats?

By the same principle and if you're an American when are you going on your mass shooting gun rampage? Are you aiming for a primary or a secondary school?

Why are you jumping to so many conclusions? Of course I dont think every wet market sells bat.

The point is to strengthen regulations on these wet markets. Not to punish the no doubt sanitary and sterilized markets you go to. But to get the unsanitary ones to clean up their act, as well as get rid of food types of animals that have excessively strong immune systems.

To put it simply,

I am happy the wet markets can operate again.

I am not happy the filthy wet markets can operate again.

Avatar image for ratchetclank92
RatchetClank92

1359

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#44 RatchetClank92
Member since 2020 • 1359 Posts

@magnum3000 said:

World should take strict punishment against China, fine them for the calamity and the innocent lives lost, forcefully close their wet markets or stop any sort of global buisness with them. This will happen again for again opening the wet markets.

Otherwise, china is a pretty cool country and its peoples/movies/technology are cool. China should learn from its mistakes.

I was saying a similar statement in a conversation with some people the other day. China should be held financially responsible for what they have done to the world, the death of over a million people and the immense financial collapse of most country's economies and a lot of people livelihood during this pandemic. If they didn't try to hide their issue from the start and lie about the situation and numbers we could have had a head start on beating this.

Avatar image for sakaixx
sakaiXx

15989

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#45  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15989 Posts

@kadin_kai: sorry but at this point? Yeah. I mean u have ur own influencers at Wechat or weibo or whatever social media u guys use, showing how to cook and eat bats, snake and pangolins.... I have seen those, my chinese migrant friend showed those to me... Millions of views.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a
deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a

1426

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#46 deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a
Member since 2020 • 1426 Posts

@ratchetclank92 said:
@magnum3000 said:

World should take strict punishment against China, fine them for the calamity and the innocent lives lost, forcefully close their wet markets or stop any sort of global buisness with them. This will happen again for again opening the wet markets.

Otherwise, china is a pretty cool country and its peoples/movies/technology are cool. China should learn from its mistakes.

I was saying a similar statement in a conversation with some people the other day. China should be held financially responsible for what they have done to the world, the death of over a million people and the immense financial collapse of most country's economies and a lot of people livelihood during this pandemic. If they didn't try to hide their issue from the start and lie about the situation and numbers we could have had a head start on beating this.

True. RIP to the lives lost for the stupidity :(

Avatar image for kadin_kai
Kadin_Kai

2247

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#47 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

@sakaixx: Well your friend showed you a video, that must mean 1.4 billion people eat bats everyday. I watched a video of a guy in the US go rampage with a gun. When are you planning your rampage?

Avatar image for kadin_kai
Kadin_Kai

2247

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#48 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

@magnum3000: How would you set a price against China. Would you factor in the lack of action by your politicians? For example what is the financial cost against Trump for ignoring his own advisors?

Also i think it’s not unreasonable that countries such as the US, UK begin paying countries that they have invaded, killing thousands of people.

Remember war is not inevitable but a disease jumping species is.

Avatar image for Maroxad
Maroxad

23981

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#49 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23981 Posts

@ratchetclank92 said:
@magnum3000 said:

World should take strict punishment against China, fine them for the calamity and the innocent lives lost, forcefully close their wet markets or stop any sort of global buisness with them. This will happen again for again opening the wet markets.

Otherwise, china is a pretty cool country and its peoples/movies/technology are cool. China should learn from its mistakes.

I was saying a similar statement in a conversation with some people the other day. China should be held financially responsible for what they have done to the world, the death of over a million people and the immense financial collapse of most country's economies and a lot of people livelihood during this pandemic. If they didn't try to hide their issue from the start and lie about the situation and numbers we could have had a head start on beating this.

Would you be willing that us westerners are financially responsible to Native Americans for wiping 90% of their population with infectious diseases because we like eating cow and chicken? You probably wouldnt be fine with that, because it ultimately solves nothing.

I have a better idea.

How about we ALL learn a lesson from this.

  • Remaing Vigilant for an outbreak. If we can remain vigilant against foreign threats by having strong militaries, why can't we remain vigilant from epidemics.
  • Stop doing stupid **** like going to crowded places like a church or a party during an outbreak.
  • Most importantly: WATCH our environmental impact. Stop encroaching on nature like we do. It only ends up biting us in the ass. Killing and removing predators like foxes, means less animals to deal with Lyme's disease carrying populations. In Africa, due to the declining populations of large species, hunters are moving to smaller game. And we have a higher contact rate of diseases for the hunters. The ecosystem is a complex chain, and we are pretty much ignoring this. And now we are paying the price.

Panicing over opening wet-markets is dumb. Wet markets, when properly managed is much better for the environment than supermarkets.

Avatar image for ratchetclank92
RatchetClank92

1359

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#50 RatchetClank92
Member since 2020 • 1359 Posts

@Maroxad: And yet we are financially responsible to them, they do not pay taxes, they get things like school/tuition covered by the government, as well as many other financial benefits from the harm we did their ancestors in the past. So yes I stand by my statement. If we can be financially responsible to people we have wronged then China should as well. Obviously no amount of money can really make up for all the deaths from either situation but it is better than hiding it under the rug and refusing to take blame.