Car's that go ZOOM!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

i_have_skills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 i_have_skills
Member since 2006 • 688 Posts

Im not to inclined in the art of upgradeing my engine, but

I have a 2006 mustang and I want to know what are some small things I could do to increase the horseppower?

Like spark plugs? Exhaust? Do anything to my cylinders?

I really dont know, but I am getting a turbo kit on soon.

Anything would be nice to know what I can do. Oh also to note in about 2 years Im getting it super charger. So basicly anything that add's horsers besides the obvious super charger.

Thanks

MODERATOR'S NOTE: Don't bypass the censor even in topic titles.

CBR600-RR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 CBR600-RR
Member since 2008 • 9695 Posts

Performance spark plugs, shave off some of the cylinder head, K&N air filter.. I've done this with bikes.

Disturbed123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Disturbed123
Member since 2005 • 1665 Posts

you can get a microchip that increases your bhp by 20, some weight reduction like light weight sparkplugs/performace spark plugs.

i_have_skills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 i_have_skills

Ok cool.

Thanks. If there is anything else, let me know people

Thanks again

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts
V6 or V8?...makes a difference on advice
i_have_skills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 i_have_skills
V6 or V8?...makes a difference on advicerawsavon
Oops good point. V6 4.7L
Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Engrish_Major
Member since 2007 • 17373 Posts
Adding a K&N or Eibach sticker adds about 5hp each.
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 rawsavon
[QUOTE="rawsavon"]V6 or V8?...makes a difference on advicei_have_skills
Oops good point. V6 4.7L

Exhaust won't make much difference unless you redo a lot...since it is just a single exhaust right now...as in: just putting in dual exhaust won't do much, since it is not dual the whole way (unless you put in the work to do it right) I would go with the new intake...best bet IMO I do not really know how much of a difference there will be with a new chip on a V6...sorry
i_have_skills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 i_have_skills
Adding a K&N or Eibach sticker adds about 5hp each.Engrish_Major
HAHAHAH what about 20!
i_have_skills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 i_have_skills
[QUOTE="i_have_skills"][QUOTE="rawsavon"]V6 or V8?...makes a difference on advicerawsavon
Oops good point. V6 4.7L

Exhaust won't make much difference unless you redo a lot...since it is just a single exhaust right now...as in: just putting in dual exhaust won't do much, since it is not dual the whole way (unless you put in the work to do it right) I would go with the new intake...best bet IMO I do not really know how much of a difference there will be with a new chip on a V6...sorry

Ok, a friend told me that about the exhuast also. He said just change the tip for looks. Any recomendations for what type of intake? As in brand?
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rawsavon
[QUOTE="rawsavon"][QUOTE="i_have_skills"] Oops good point. V6 4.7Li_have_skills

Ok, a friend told me that about the exhuast also. He said just change the tip for looks. Any recomendations for what type of intake? As in brand?

Exhaust (for looks)...I would go dual from the cat. converter back, dual flow master exhaust with chrome tips...$250 depending on where you go = great look and sound Intake...most people I know seem to really like K&N for performance and reliability...my buddy put one on his F150 and really liked the results...$100-$300 depending on model
i_have_skills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 i_have_skills
[QUOTE="i_have_skills"][QUOTE="rawsavon"] Exhaust won't make much difference unless you redo a lot...since it is just a single exhaust right now...as in: just putting in dual exhaust won't do much, since it is not dual the whole way (unless you put in the work to do it right) I would go with the new intake...best bet IMO I do not really know how much of a difference there will be with a new chip on a V6...sorryrawsavon

Exhaust (for looks)...I would go dual from the cat. converter back, dual flow master exhaust with chrome tips...$250 depending on where you go = great look and sound Intake...most people I know seem to really like K&N for performance and reliability...my buddy put one on his F150 and really liked the results...$100-$300 depending on model

Ok cool thank's. I'm looking into that now. Thanks when/ if I get this done Ill let you know and post up a pic :)
SRTtoZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SRTtoZ
Member since 2009 • 4800 Posts

4.6L V6?? They dont make those in mustangs.

I believe the newer V6's are 4 litre.

And you wont get as many gains as you would with the V8 but the easiest and cheapest BOLT ON's to get some power is Exhaust (which will net you some nice sound too) and an intake.

Dont bother with CHIPS and stuff like that...those things are all fake and get you nothing. The only time the add power is with some sort of turbo diesel setup where it alters the air/fuel ration and turns up the boost.

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 rawsavon
[QUOTE="rawsavon"][QUOTE="i_have_skills"] Ok, a friend told me that about the exhuast also. He said just change the tip for looks. Any recomendations for what type of intake? As in brand?i_have_skills

Ok cool thank's. I'm looking into that now. Thanks when/ if I get this done Ill let you know and post up a pic :)

Best of luck, look forward to picks. I put the dual exhaust on mine (1998 V6) and loved it = just looks way better and sounds good (DO NOT put glass pack, put Flow Master...worth the extra $$$)
i_have_skills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 i_have_skills

4.6L V6?? They dont make those in mustangs.

I believe the newer V6's are 4 litre.

And you wont get as many gains as you would with the V8 but the easiest and cheapest BOLT ON's to get some power is Exhaust (which will net you some nice sound too) and an intake.

Dont bother with CHIPS and stuff like that...those things are all fake and get you nothing. The only time the add power is with some sort of turbo diesel setup where it alters the air/fuel ration and turns up the boost.

SRTtoZ

ok, i checked i meant 3.7. My bad :P It looks like Im doing perfermonace sparkplugs, flow master exhaust and k&n air intake. im excited ! lol Now to find someone who wont rip me off to do it...hmmm

Meowmixxvi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#16 Meowmixxvi
Member since 2008 • 2243 Posts
[QUOTE="Engrish_Major"]Adding a K&N or Eibach sticker adds about 5hp each.i_have_skills
HAHAHAH what about 20!

LOL, funny that you mentioned that. saw a car a couple days ago covered with stickers xD
i_have_skills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 i_have_skills
[QUOTE="i_have_skills"][QUOTE="Engrish_Major"]Adding a K&N or Eibach sticker adds about 5hp each.Meowmixxvi
HAHAHAH what about 20!

LOL, funny that you mentioned that. saw a car a couple days ago covered with stickers xD

woah :O HAHAHAH
i_have_skills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 i_have_skills

Something else I wanted to ask, If Im increaseing the power shouldnt I get a tower brace?