British dude slams the idea of a mosque at the WTC

This topic is locked from further discussion.

eXdout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 eXdout
Member since 2008 • 112 Posts

Video

Woah, that could be offensive to A LOT of people. One things for sure tho, he's not afraid to speak his mind.

Avatar image for CocoMarshmellow
CocoMarshmellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 CocoMarshmellow
Member since 2010 • 648 Posts
Why do I care what... "British dude" thinks?
kipohippo021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#3 kipohippo021
Member since 2010 • 3895 Posts
Why do I care what... "British dude" thinks?CocoMarshmellow
what i was thinking. It matters what the new yorkers think.
Avatar image for CocoMarshmellow
CocoMarshmellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 CocoMarshmellow
Member since 2010 • 648 Posts
He doesn't even have that trust-worthy, documentary-styled British accent.
th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 th3warr1or
Member since 2007 • 20637 Posts
He's got balls, I'll give him that. Lots of balls.
ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 ghoklebutter
Member since 2007 • 19327 Posts
I don't have a problem with the mosque itself, just the location. In a perfect world, we could get a loudspeaker and scream "NOT ALL MUSLIMS WERE RESPONSIBLE FOR 911". But obviously, that's not possible. Therefore, Muslims should just avoid building anything there.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178877 Posts
[QUOTE="CocoMarshmellow"]Why do I care what... "British dude" thinks?kipohippo021

Some are against that area......
kipohippo021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#8 kipohippo021
Member since 2010 • 3895 Posts

I don't have a problem with the mosque itself, just the location. In a perfect world, we could get a loudspeaker and scream "NOT ALL MUSLIMS WERE RESPONSIBLE FOR 911". But obviously, that's not possible. Therefore, Muslims should just avoid building anything there.ghoklebutter
Its personal property and i dont think the city can really do much. It should be a memorial, a sign of truce even. :)

Avatar image for SquatsAreAwesom
SquatsAreAwesom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SquatsAreAwesom
Member since 2009 • 1678 Posts

Why would we care what a British person thinks when the community board in Manhattan approved of the buildings construction? In other words, those that represent the people who live in that neighborhood approve.

It is also funny that this continues to be refered to as a mosque. It's a community center.

Wolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Wolls
Member since 2005 • 19119 Posts
I was thinking more, why does it matter that he's British :?
Dylan_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Dylan_11
Member since 2005 • 11296 Posts

In other words, those that represent the people who live in that neighborhood approve.

SquatsAreAwesom

I lol'd.

EmpCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 EmpCom
Member since 2005 • 3451 Posts
Probably because it was not just americans that died on 9/11
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="SquatsAreAwesom"]In other words, those that represent the people who live in that neighborhood approve.

Dylan_11

I lol'd.

You mean politicians DON'T care about the people they represent?:P
theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

What a moron. European Christians crack me up, they finally stop hate speech against Jews and Christians of other sects, and now they turn all their anger against Muslims. Anyone who uses the phrase Ïslamicization of Europe" instantly loses all credibility with me, nothing but unabashed hate speech.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

This is why I'm voting for Paladino.

SquatsAreAwesom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SquatsAreAwesom

This is why I'm voting for Paladino.

airshocker
LOL at a GOP member winning New York. In either case, I thought the GOP was small government? What's more grass routes then a community board?
Avatar image for deactivated-61d91d42c39df
deactivated-61d91d42c39df

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#17 deactivated-61d91d42c39df
Member since 2002 • 2741 Posts

What a moron. European Christians crack me up, they finally stop hate speech against Jews and Christians of other sects, and now they turn all their anger against Muslims. Anyone who uses the phrase Ïslamicization of Europe" instantly loses all credibility with me, nothing but unabashed hate speech.

theone86

pat condell is infact an atheist.

nice job blaming christians though

Former_Slacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Former_Slacker
Member since 2009 • 2618 Posts

Why would we care what a British person thinks when the community board in Manhattan approved of the buildings construction? In other words, those that represent the people who live in that neighborhood approve.

It is also funny that this continues to be refered to as a mosque. It's a community center.

SquatsAreAwesom

Actually I don't think most people know the building is a community center with a mosque on one floor, which is what is causing some of the opposition to be opposed.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 theone86

[QUOTE="theone86"]

Deano

Really just put the Christians in there for ease of sentence construction, the fact is that Europe has a long-standing history of religious tension and conflict. For centuries different Christian sects were killing each other over their minute differences, and Jews were socially repressed through institutionalized discrimination. I'm simply making the observation that as soon as Europe seems to have finally put these conflicts behind them they start with the hate speech against Muslims.

legend26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 legend26
Member since 2007 • 16010 Posts

I have no problem with them building a mosque anywhere but of all the places???? I honestly can see where the people complaing are coming from

Former_Slacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Former_Slacker

I have no problem with them building a mosque anywhere but of all the places???? I honestly can see where the people complaing are coming from

legend26

It's a community center and one of the floors will have a mosque, I don't see a problem.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-61d91d42c39df

Really just put the Christians in there for ease of sentence construction, the fact is that Europe has a long-standing history of religious tension and conflict. For centuries different Christian sects were killing each other over their minute differences, and Jews were socially repressed through institutionalized discrimination. I'm simply making the observation that as soon as Europe seems to have finally put these conflicts behind them they start with the hate speech against Muslims.

theone86

considering most muslim countries it's illegal to be christian

who is the less tolerant ones.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="Deano"]

[QUOTE="theone86"]

theone86

Right...because Christian makes a better sentence structure.:|

You're not suggesting religion doesn't cause fights in Middle Eastern countries?

Former_Slacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Former_Slacker

[QUOTE="theone86"]

Deano

So we should lower ourselves to their standards?

jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jamejame
Member since 2005 • 10634 Posts

I agree with him, it is without a doubt a tasteless thing to do in my opinion. I'm not overly upset by it or anything, but come on, we're going out of our way to please muslims on the matter. What really grinds my gears though is this country's false sense of equlity. You can bet if some radical Christian group had been behind the act there's no way they would be allowed to build a church ANYWHERE near there, yet true Christians in many ways hold less hatefulviews than true Muslims do.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-61d91d42c39df

Former_Slacker

if muslims don't want christians in their countries that's fine, their country.

but don't pull out the "hate speech" card if non-muslim countries decided they don't want muslims in their country or muslims influencing it on a political evel.

Ringx55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Ringx55
Member since 2008 • 5967 Posts
 Nothing else to say...
Former_Slacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Former_Slacker

I kind of agree with him, it is without a doubt a tasteless thing to do in my opinion. I'm not overly upset by it or anything, but come on, we're going out of our way to please muslims on the matter. What really grinds my gears though is this country's false sense of equlity. You can bet if some radical Christian group had been behind the act there's no way they would be allowed to build a church ANYWHERE near there, yet true Christians in many ways hold less hateful fews than true Muslims do.

jamejame

That's the problem, muslim=/= terrorist, hell there were quite a few muslims killed on 9/11 by the terrorists.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-61d91d42c39df

That's the problem, muslim=/= terrorist, hell there were quite a few muslims killed on 9/11 by the terrorists.

Former_Slacker

sure

not all all muslims are terrorists.

but most terrorism is done in the name of islam.

why keep denying it.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Former_Slacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Former_Slacker

[QUOTE="Former_Slacker"]

Deano

but don't pull out the "hate speech" card if non-muslim countries decided they don't want muslims in their country or muslims influencing it on a political evel.

So we should ban muslims from our political system? Frankly I don't give a crap what those other countries do, but here we have principles and we value equality for all individuals. And I won't stand by and let those principles be eroded by radical reactionaries.

SquatsAreAwesom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SquatsAreAwesom

I agree with him, it is without a doubt a tasteless thing to do in my opinion. I'm not overly upset by it or anything, but come on, we're going out of our way to please muslims on the matter. What really grinds my gears though is this country's false sense of equlity. You can bet if some radical Christian group had been behind the act there's no way they would be allowed to build a church ANYWHERE near there, yet true Christians in many ways hold less hatefulviews than true Muslims do.

jamejame
Yet churches are still being built around elementary schools.
Former_Slacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Former_Slacker

[QUOTE="Deano"]

[QUOTE="Former_Slacker"]

Former_Slacker

So we should ban muslims from our political system? Frankly I don't give a crap what those other countries do, but here we have principles and we value equality for all individuals. And I won't stand by and let those principles be eroded by radical reactionaries.

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/US/01/06/muslim.radicalization.study/

http://www.loonwatch.com/2010/01/not-all-terrorists-are-muslims/

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 theone86

[QUOTE="theone86"]

Deano

The least tolerant ones are the ones who use the actions of an extreme fringe to whitewash the rest of a religion and use it as an excuse to discriminate against them.

jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 jamejame
Member since 2005 • 10634 Posts

[QUOTE="jamejame"]

SquatsAreAwesom

Yet churches are still being built around elementary schools.

Errr... what? I don't understand how that's relevant at all.

jacob2125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 jacob2125
Member since 2003 • 1003 Posts

legend26

And for it to be opened on 9/11. Seriously? 365 days a year and it has to be opened on 9/11...

MaxPred2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 MaxPred2010
Member since 2010 • 547 Posts
I've seen many of his videos, and he is %100 SPOT-ON about islam, political corectness, Europe, and pathetic lefties who are worried more about offending people.
SquatsAreAwesom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SquatsAreAwesom

[QUOTE="legend26"]

jacob2125

And for it to be opened on 9/11. Seriously? 365 days a year and it has to be opened on 9/11...

That is actually a lie spread by a bunch of idiots. The building plan to start construction hasn't even begun let alone an opening date.
theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 theone86

[QUOTE="theone86"]

[QUOTE="Deano"]

LJS9502_basic

Right...because Christian makes a better sentence structure.:|

You're not suggesting religion doesn't cause fights in Middle Eastern countries?

Yeah, kinda does. Here's what I wrote:

European Christians crack me up, they finally stop hate speech against Jews and Christians of other sects, and now they turn all their anger against Muslims.

And here's what it would look like witout the Christians part:

Europeans crack me up, they finally stop hate speech against Jews and Christians of other sects, and now they turn all their anger against Muslims.

The difference being that in the second one it makes it look like Christians were a minority in the same way that Jews were, which wasn't the case because it was Christians fighting against other Christians.

And I never suggested that religion doesn't cause tension in the Middle East, but Europeans have the benefit of having endured religious struggles before, they should have the sense gained from that history to see the similarities in today's events. Nice strawman, though, I like what you've done with the eyes this time.

SquatsAreAwesom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SquatsAreAwesom

[QUOTE="SquatsAreAwesom"]

Former_Slacker

Actually I don't think most people know the building is a community center with a mosque on one floor, which is what is causing some of the opposition to be opposed.

It's not even a mosque. It's a prayer hall. However most people don't know the difference anyways I guess.
theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 theone86

I'm sure public opinion will put a stop to this anyway, despite motives. The dude brung up a few good points, and his feelings toward this are supported by many.

InEMplease

American Segregation was supported by many as well, didn't stop that from coming crashing down.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 LJS9502_basic

European Christians crack me up, they finally stop hate speech against Jews and Christians of other sects, and now they turn all their anger against Muslims.

Europeans crack me up, they finally stop hate speech against Jews and Christians of other sects, and now they turn all their anger against Muslims.

The difference being that in the second one it makes it look like Christians were a minority in the same way that Jews were, which wasn't the case because it was Christians fighting against other Christians.

And I never suggested that religion doesn't cause tension in the Middle East, but Europeans have the benefit of having endured religious struggles before, they should have the sense gained from that history to see the similarities in today's events. Nice strawman, though, I like what you've done with the eyes this time.

theone86

Actually I think you just assumed he was Christian. Anyway when a new group comes in and tries to change one's lifestyIe...it tends to get tricky. Europe is having some problems.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 theone86

[QUOTE="Former_Slacker"]

Deano

sure

not all all muslims are terrorists.

but most terrorism is done in the name of islam.

why keep denying it.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Okay, by that logic it wasa Christian who killed the abortion doctor a while back, therefore all Christianity is responsible for killing and must be stopped at all costs.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 theone86

[QUOTE="theone86"]

LJS9502_basic

Actually I think you just assumed he was Christian. Anyway when a new group comes in and tries to change one's lifestyIe...it tends to get tricky. Europe is having some problems.

Thanks for telling me my own opinion, I just love when people do that. Europeans don't have a probelm, idiotic bigots who are afraid of change have a problem.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

[QUOTE="theone86"]

theone86

Thanks for telling me my own opinion, I just love when people do that. Europeans don't have a probelm, idiotic bigots who are afraid of change have a problem.

So it's okay when another group tries to change the laws of a people? They are just ignorant for not accepting that?
T_REX305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 T_REX305
Member since 2010 • 11304 Posts

[QUOTE="CocoMarshmellow"]Why do I care what... "British dude" thinks?kipohippo021

What about what Canadians think :D

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 theone86

[QUOTE="theone86"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Actually I think you just assumed he was Christian. Anyway when a new group comes in and tries to change one's lifestyIe...it tends to get tricky. Europe is having some problems.

LJS9502_basic

So it's okay when another group tries to change the laws of a people? They are just ignorant for not accepting that?

No one's trying to change any laws, that's an absurd conspiracy theory made up by bigots.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-61d91d42c39df

Okay, by that logic it wasa Christian who killed the abortion doctor a while back, therefore all Christianity is responsible for killing and must be stopped at all costs.

theone86

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/index.html#Attacks

stupid comparison, when you look at the numbers

Former_Slacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Former_Slacker

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

[QUOTE="theone86"]

theone86

I think the whole issue in Europe is that so many Muslims moved at one time period and they all refuse to assimilate, which is common for the first generation. However in a couple years this really wont be a big problem as the later generations will assimilate into the culture quite easily, while also retaining bits of their own culture, which would increase diversity and exposure to other cultures.