Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12141 Posts

@Bigboi500: Uhhhh N64DD is a notorious troll bro, he has admitted it a few times. He used to troll SW pretty hard, and then came here lol.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@Mercenary848 said:

@Bigboi500: Uhhhh N64DD is a notorious troll bro, he has admitted it a few times. He used to troll SW pretty hard, and then came here lol.

I actually never trolled SW.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#53 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@n64dd said:
@MarcRecon said:
@Bigboi500 said:
@MarcRecon said:
@Pedro said:

I don't know why people believe that having X friends makes them in tune with that particular group experience.

lol, I know and I knew he was going to say that! Somehow, that was supposes to justify what he said!

In his defense, you guys act like he's a racist for sharing his views. Then he feels the need to mention having black friends. I've done it as well because so many sensitive types get offended by simple views and go off attacking those who have different ones.

Believe it or not, some of us do have black friends. shocker

I don't think he's a racist, I look at him more like a person who is either misinformed or has a limited perspective. I'd actually like to be friends, but I aint feeling his Nintendo Mascot! lol...Jk

You said something that was baseless and ignorant. I corrected you.

Appreciate it, have a nice day:)

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@Mercenary848 said:

We all troll now and then. It's a requirement by the laws of Gamespot.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 N64DD

@MarcRecon said:
@n64dd said:
@MarcRecon said:
@Bigboi500 said:
@MarcRecon said:

lol, I know and I knew he was going to say that! Somehow, that was supposes to justify what he said!

In his defense, you guys act like he's a racist for sharing his views. Then he feels the need to mention having black friends. I've done it as well because so many sensitive types get offended by simple views and go off attacking those who have different ones.

I don't think he's a racist, I look at him more like a person who is either misinformed or has a limited perspective. I'd actually like to be friends, but I aint feeling his Nintendo Mascot! lol...Jk

You said something that was baseless and ignorant. I corrected you.

Appreciate it, have a nice day:)

You too :)

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Mercenary848

@Bigboi500: I don't troll, I try to make threads to ease tension like "how many women have you slept with?" thread.....then they get locked lol

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

They blocked a major bridge in my city and the EMTs had to beg to get through because they were trying to get a kid to Lebonehur's children's hospital. They are a bunch of selfish crybaby's.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@Mercenary848 said:

@Bigboi500: I don't troll, I try to make threads to ease tension like "how many women have you slept with?" thread.....then they get locked lol

Now THAT sounds like a quality thread, unlike all this BLM bullquack.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 N64DD

@AM-Gamer said:

They blocked a major bridge in my city and the EMTs had to beg to get through because they were trying to get a kid to Lebonehur's children's hospital. They're a bunch of selfish crybaby's.

Pretty much.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178865 Posts

@Pedro said:

This is not an issue of dwelling in the past. The past still resonates now. I was simply explaining to you the origin of some cultural norms that still exist today in the same way racism still exist today. Secondly I did not imply or stated that all are unfairly incarcerated. That is a stance you decided to take but it was not implied or stated in my response. You decided to take the extreme when it was not necessary.

But you can see race. We all can. You are trying to ignore a reality that people see race. Identifying someone's race does not make them a racist. If I ask you to identify a black man are you racist? No.

I believed my response indicated that I am aware that you weren't addressing me. Your statement would not make any sense if you were addressing me. I was addressing your perspective which is that you are taking a blanket approach with your statement and I was demonstrating how that approach is one sided and has caused problems.

Your last statement is taking the stance that the issue that BLM is addressing is not important because their are other issues in the black community. This approach can be used to negate every complaint and issue. Its intentional dismissal and a reluctance to address any problem.

If we as a society brush of every issue with "There is more important things to worry about" but the more important things are never addressed then nothing is resolved. This is the approach that has become common place and it would continue to net nothing.

Dude the only thing resonating is using something that happened in 1800s as though it happened to anyone today. Move past slavery. You did imply all were unfairly incarcerated with your wording. Yes children with parents in jail have to grow up without one or both. That is the choice of the parent though. There is no need to commit crimes. Part of being a responsible parent is not being a criminal.

Yeah I can see skin tone.....but seeing race is different.

Culture is a blanket approach.

My issue with BLM is that it does nothing to help the major problems in the community.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#61 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@Bigboi500 said:
@MarcRecon said:
@Bigboi500 said:
@MarcRecon said:
@Pedro said:

I don't know why people believe that having X friends makes them in tune with that particular group experience.

Who are you to even make such a call? Maybe it's you who is misinformed or has limited perspective. Just something to consider.

I don't have to consider anything, we are just random people on the internet having a discussion about a subject that we don't see eye to eye on.....you have a nice day as well :)

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#62 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56343 Posts

@Pedro said:
@davillain- said:

I'm getting freaking sick and tired of Blacks playing the victim and what has the Blacks done lately? Simple, they hate each other and this whole BLM is full of BS as it is.

Good job being the problem.

And good job for not going full details as to how I'm the problem.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#63 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70238 Posts

@davillain- said:

And good job for not going full details as to how I'm the problem.

Some statements facilitate discussion yours however doesn't. I don't think it would be meaningful even if I did. I could be wrong. Its also odd that you don't see the problem in the statement in question.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#64 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

Don't shoot panders there black and white.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Pedro

@LJS9502_basic said:

Dude the only thing resonating is using something that happened in 1800s as though it happened to anyone today. Move past slavery. You did imply all were unfairly incarcerated with your wording. Yes children with parents in jail have to grow up without one or both. That is the choice of the parent though. There is no need to commit crimes. Part of being a responsible parent is not being a criminal.

Yeah I can see skin tone.....but seeing race is different.

Culture is a blanket approach.

My issue with BLM is that it does nothing to help the major problems in the community.

You are missing point and I am not sure you are intentionally doing so. If a situation in past lingers to this day, its relevant. It shows the origin of the problem and how it shape what we know now. Racism in this country; specifically between blacks and whites, is because of the past. Are we going to pretend that origin holds no relevance? The idea is not hold on the past for guilt or spite purposes but to understand how and why things are the way they are. You don't need to experience the past hands on to understand the consequences. Neither should we ignore because its makes us feel uncomfortable especially when we are trying to gain understanding. I speak English because of the British. If I am in a conversation about the languages we speak, this history is relevant.

No its not. You are simply pretending not to see something. At the moment you are playing around with the idea that identifying someone's race is inherently racist. And if you believe that and you believe you are not racist, then the notion that you can see and acknowledge someone's face makes you racist but it doesn't.

Not sure how that relates.

Thats fine. But BLM chooses their battles. It may not be the one you think they should fight but it doesn't make their choice invalid because their are more "pressing" issues.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18813 Posts

@Pedro: "Some statements facilitate discussion yours however doesn't. I don't think it would be meaningful even if I did. I could be wrong. Its also odd that you don't see the problem in the statement in question."

lol, I wouldn't take @davillain: comments on race seriously. This guy even hates black films lol.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Pedro

@PSP107 said:

@Pedro: "Some statements facilitate discussion yours however doesn't. I don't think it would be meaningful even if I did. I could be wrong. Its also odd that you don't see the problem in the statement in question."

lol, I wouldn't take @davillain: comments on race seriously. This guy even hates black films lol.

Lets be honest, some "black" films are terrible.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#68 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

I too would do it in front of public buildings, not on highways and whatnot. That means you get in people's way, and that does nothing to get them on your side.

It's a really interesting topic to discuss.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

@sSubZerOo: it didn't male sense in the beginning either. Mike brown was a vicious little monster that robbed a store, shook a 4 foot tall immigrant around like a dog with a chop and died trying to take a cops gun.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#70 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

@Pedro: Yeah "chooses" their battles like the protests and rioting in Baltimore about supposed systematic racism against blacks, when the city is predominately ran by black people..

Or holding up LGBT parades as the guest of honor to hold them hostage until they meet their demands..

Oh oh.. Another golden one, MIZZ protests in which the son of a multimillionaire was chanting "the only thing we can lose are these chains!", because of a poop swastika in the bathroom.

Or the Orlando vigil getting hijacked by a BLM person with the first words coming out of their mouth is how uncomfortable they feel with all the white people in the crowd..

I will take this shit seriously when the BLM people actually start attacking real prejudices, instead of trying to push their own agenda and prejudice..

Meanwhile we have people like this kid who was enlisting to becoming a marine, get shot in the chest when he answered the door holding a wiimote.. This isn't suggesting he is some how more important than the other victims out there, but the fact of the matter is most people have never heard of this kid, or even know about incidents like this that happen all the time, regardless of their skin color.

Ok.. How about 345 people killed... That sounds like a massive number, right? Is it the gigantic death toll of police officers reaping on black folk all around the nation? Nope it is merely the amount of people thus far that have been murdered in Chicago alone for the year, victims predominately black..

For such a corrupt system meant to kill and keep black people down, it sure isn't doing a good job compared to what the community is doing to it self..

I am all for peaceful protests, but the rhetoric that is being spewed from many people of this movement has been radical and racist.. Not to mention some of the protests themselves have been disruptive in which police officers have been assaulted, and they have forcibly halted traffic..

I mean you can search my posting history, I was originally for BLM movement at the start.. And I am still against police corruption and having the officers who do something wrong to have justice served.. Now what I see is a radicalizing group with a passive aggressive strategy in producing their own racist rhetoric while claiming they are trying to stop racism against them.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#71  Edited By FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20251 Posts

@sSubZerOo: Just stop it! You rektd @Pedro hard with all those facts! You also forgot how the co-founder of BLM in Toronto prayed to Allah to not kill all white people!

Source

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 deactivated-59d151f079814
@FireEmblem_Man said:

@sSubZerOo: Just stop it! You rektd @Pedro hard with all those facts! You also forgot how the co-founder of BLM in Toronto prayed to Allah to not kill all white people!

Source

And that isn't even the worse part of that cringe worthy story.. The worse part was her "apology" in which she doubled down and acted like she was the victim towards racism when people criticized her for the tweet.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 N64DD

@sSubZerOo said:

@Pedro: Yeah "chooses" their battles like the protests and rioting in Baltimore about supposed systematic racism against blacks, when the city is predominately ran by black people..

Or holding up LGBT parades as the guest of honor to hold them hostage until they meet their demands..

Oh oh.. Another golden one, MIZZ protests in which the son of a multimillionaire was chanting "the only thing we can lose are these chains!", because of a poop swastika in the bathroom.

Or the Orlando vigil getting hijacked by a BLM person with the first words coming out of their mouth is how uncomfortable they feel with all the white people in the crowd..

I will take this shit seriously when the BLM people actually start attacking real prejudices, instead of trying to push their own agenda and prejudice..

Meanwhile we have people like this kid who was enlisting to becoming a marine, get shot in the chest when he answered the door holding a wiimote.. This isn't suggesting he is some how more important than the other victims out there, but the fact of the matter is most people have never heard of this kid, or even know about incidents like this that happen all the time, regardless of their skin color.

Ok.. How about 345 people killed... That sounds like a massive number, right? Is it the gigantic death toll of police officers reaping on black folk all around the nation? Nope it is merely the amount of people thus far that have been murdered in Chicago alone for the year, victims predominately black..

For such a corrupt system meant to kill and keep black people down, it sure isn't doing a good job compared to what the community is doing to it self..

I am all for peaceful protests, but the rhetoric that is being spewed from many people of this movement has been radical and racist.. Not to mention some of the protests themselves have been disruptive in which police officers have been assaulted, and they have forcibly halted traffic..

I mean you can search my posting history, I was originally for BLM movement at the start.. And I am still against police corruption and having the officers who do something wrong to have justice served.. Now what I see is a radicalizing group with a passive aggressive strategy in producing their own racist rhetoric while claiming they are trying to stop racism against them.

that about wraps up this thread

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Pedro

@sSubZerOo said:

In spite of all of that ranting, the issues that they are being discuss is not any less important because you disagree with the methodologies of the group and its members.

The boy you are showing in your thread that no one knows or even heard of, his lack of exposure is who's fault? The reason we know about the incidences with black people is because they put it out in the open. If people are passionate about an issue they make it known. They take measures to expose what they consider is injustice. There is always other injustices occurring simultaneous but the ones that are addressed by the general public and become a discussion are the ones that they took to the "people". This kid's life is just as important and if it needs to be known to the rest of the country and the world you take measures to make that happen. Not use this incident to negate another incidents.

Are their better strategies that can be used by this BLM group? Yes. Movements like BLM are going to encourage opportunist that will use this or any other movement to commit acts of violence. Now, one can call out the heads of this movement for the lack of condemnation of certain behaviours and that would be a valid criticism that they should be held to. But the pending issue of prejudice across the country; in this case cops towards blacks,is not to be ignored regardless of the actions of a particular individuals association. Sidetracking to non related issues does not negate this. Even though its a frequently used mechanism. In the case of the boy you are showing, the same silly strategy can be use by stating "that more white males are dying from gun suicides, are they addressing that issue?". That would be silly because that is issue that does not pertain but people like yourself are currently doing that with the issue about cops reaction to black americans.

As far as the radicalization. I can't really say because I don't know nor do I have information for or against this claim. But, its seems to me that BLM attracts a certain breed of extremist and the people against BLM attracts their breed of extremist. A rational middle ground seems to be the most scariest place to be in the midst of all these problems.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

They need to stop blocking traffic. Hell, I'm not opposed to civil disobedience but they're burning more bridges than they're making and its not going to pay off.

Wizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Wizard
Member since 2015 • 940 Posts

@n64dd: Did you think before writing that comment?

- Are you seriously preaching complacency because the situation somewhere else is far worse?

- Given the amount of signs and social media involvement it's fairly safe to assume that they know why they are angry.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#77  Edited By deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

BLM is almost a case study in how joining movements is a stupid idea. People should be allied with one thing: truth. Are my statements true or false? Rather, they join a group, then when members of that group show themselves to be reactionary, the rest of the group must defend them, because an attack on one member is an attack on the group. They spend most of their time wading through the actions of members of their group, and putting out fires, and no time on addressing systemic police reform, whilst feeding into racist rhetoric, acting exactly how racists view all black people as behaving.

"The only thing we have to lose is our chains!" Yes, the one's you shackled yourself with by thinking in a collectivist manner, rather than an individualistic one.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#78 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

@HoolaHoopMan said:

They need to stop blocking traffic. Hell, I'm not opposed to civil disobedience but they're burning more bridges than they're making and its not going to pay off.

It's also dangerous. You have no idea who is on that road or where they have to go. Blocking an ambulance from getting to the hospital, a doctor from getting to a sick patient, etc. People have a right to protest, but they should do so legally or at least in a manner that does not endanger the lives of others. If you want to disrupt regular life for people, block a starbucks. But, If your point is to say that life is valuable, you should not endanger it.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Mercenary848

@Pedro: Davillian is a known idiot, I don't care if he was agreeing with me lol. I would change my opinion if he agreed with me, I have too many dumb post by his hand.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Pedro

@HoolaHoopMan said:

Yeah its rather silly approach.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

@sonicare said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:

It's also dangerous. You have no idea who is on that road or where they have to go. Blocking an ambulance from getting to the hospital, a doctor from getting to a sick patient, etc. People have a right to protest, but they should do so legally or at least in a manner that does not endanger the lives of others. If you want to disrupt regular life for people, block a starbucks. But, If your point is to say that life is valuable, you should not endanger it.

That's the part I don't like. Have them target something that could possibly be 'disruptive' (if that's what they'r going for) instead of closing down something that EVERYONE uses. What if they're disrupting traffic for responders or just other supporters of their own cause? Its self defeating.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 N64DD

@wizard said:

@n64dd: Did you think before writing that comment?

- Are you seriously preaching complacency because the situation somewhere else is far worse?

- Given the amount of signs and social media involvement it's fairly safe to assume that they know why they are angry.

Hug a tree.

Wizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Wizard
Member since 2015 • 940 Posts

@n64dd: Don't tell me what to do! Simpleton.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 deactivated-59d151f079814

@hillelslovak said:

BLM is almost a case study in how joining movements is a stupid idea. People should be allied with one thing: truth. Are my statements true or false? Rather, they join a group, then when members of that group show themselves to be reactionary, the rest of the group must defend them, because an attack on one member is an attack on the group. They spend most of their time wading through the actions of members of their group, and putting out fires, and no time on addressing systemic police reform, whilst feeding into racist rhetoric, acting exactly how racists view all black people as behaving.

"The only thing we have to lose is our chains!" Yes, the one's you shackled yourself with by thinking in a collectivist manner, rather than an individualistic one.

Don't forget they are filled with people like the lady who not only took away Milo's mic in a scheduled college talk stopping his freedom of speech, but physically threatened him with violence.. If BLM want to be taken seriously they need to police themselves and caste out these members from the group publically in showing to the country that this kind of behavior is not acceptable.. That is what a respectable group would do, but they don't because many portions of the group openly support this kind of behavior.. Many of the supporters of the group has a massive chip on their shoulders in which they some how think their supposed sleights in life (which they feel all white people are responsible for) some how excuses them in doing such ridiculous and irrational behavior.. Never in a million years I would ever expect to hear some one say something blatantly racist followed by "I am black, I can't be racist"..

Furthermore if BLM care about spreading their message correctly in a respectful manner in a open forum.. IT IS THEIR RESPONSIBILITY, not ours, to separate themselves from these radicals.. But they can't, because many of the top members (like that Toronto jackass with the blatantly racist tweet) are part of these groups of people..

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

I couldn't care less about BLM. I had some sympathy for the "organization" until I found out they will not let a person of non color come to meetings and protest. That's racist and defeats the whole purpose. Now, I question if anyone even knows what their upset about. It's 2016. You've had the same opportunities I have. Only complaining about when a white man takes a black mans life has agenda written all over it. Start marching for your fellow black man to stop killing each other too.

BattleStreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#86 BattleStreak
Member since 2016 • 1763 Posts

Black Lives Matter is racist. Period. The double standards are so tremendously strong in that organization. I don't really want to elaborate on this though, because I've done it at least thirty times this week alone, and I'm sure there are others who agree with me anyway.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 N64DD

@battlestreak said:

Black Lives Matter is racist. Period. The double standards are so tremendously strong in that organization. I don't really want to elaborate on this though, because I've done it at least thirty times this week alone, and I'm sure there are others who agree with me anyway.

I think the new Paris attack kind of shut up the BLM movement stuff. I am not belittling the problems we have with our police/minority subculture but there are other problems that are way more dangerous going on right now. Any one of these attacks could lead to a declaration of war.

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 -ParaNormaN-
Member since 2013 • 1573 Posts

@Pedro said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:

Yeah its rather silly approach.

At least you and I see something eye to eye.

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By -ParaNormaN-
Member since 2013 • 1573 Posts
@AM-Gamer said:

They blocked a major bridge in my city and the EMTs had to beg to get through because they were trying to get a kid to Lebonehur's children's hospital. They are a bunch of selfish crybaby's.

I just literally saw that video about an hour ago. I was completely baffled.

@sSubZerOo said:

I remember that story. It was tragic and it got swept under the rug really fast. I think a lot of us were behind BLM until their more recent acts. I'm glad that Black people have found some unity but unity in violence? Unity in racism? It's not worth it.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#90  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19678 Posts
@n64dd said:
@battlestreak said:

I think the new Paris attack kind of shut up the BLM movement stuff. I am not belittling the problems we have with our police/minority subculture but there are other problems that are way more dangerous going on right now. Any one of these attacks could lead to a declaration of war.

BLM arose because of systemic racism in the criminal justice system, not just because of anger at white cops. The systemic racism in the criminal justice system is something that has gone unresolved for decades, and needs to be addressed. The problem with BLM is that it's not a unified movement and doesn't have any leadership. BLM doesn't have a leader figure like Martin Luther King or Malcolm X. Anyone can join BLM and claim to represent BLM, from rioters to psychopaths like the Dallas shooter. However, the police response to the Dallas shooting was also problematic. Using a drone to take him out has set a dangerous precedent, paving the way for drone strikes on US soil.

As for terror attacks, statistically, they're a much smaller problem for the US than gun crimes. More than 30,000 Americans are killed by guns every year. That's a far bigger deal than terror attacks.

Xeno_ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Xeno_ghost
Member since 2014 • 990 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Pedro said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Perhaps people think there is a bigger picture they should be addressing?

There is always a bigger picture. Do we ignore smaller problems because their are bigger problems? People are less willing to deal with the smaller problems and even more unwilling to deal with the bigger problem/bigger picture.

It seems to me the smaller problems are exaggerated to ignore the bigger picture. For instance.....most murders against the black race in the US are done by that race. Yet there is no movement nor outcry to stop this from happening. Many father's are not involved in their children's lives perpetuating the poverty. These are big problems.

I'm not going to pretend to know what it's like to be a minority race.....I realize some asshats exist that are racist. But not everything happens due to racism and maybe if you step outside your perception of race and take a look at the culture you will see where some problems need to be addressed that would help....there are success stories in the minority races. But you have to work to be one.

Growing up my mum told me i would have to work twice as hard as a white man to get to the same level, meaning the white guy will get the recognition before a black person. I also learned about slavery and how white people treated black people after slavery ended. The underhanded and not so underhanded ways that blacks were kept down and in some ways are still kept down i.e tougher sentences for blacks etc.

It does kinda make you grow up with a slight chip on the old shoulder (some people's chips are bigger than others). Then you see stories in the news of white cops miss treating and shooting black people and more often than not no punishments are dished out, you see white kids getting away with murder literally, its enough to make black people feel that the system is still against them.

I hate the over use of the race card, and i hate that every time a white cop shoots a black man its spreads all over the media like wildfire when I'm sure cops have had to shoot a fair few white people also, but you hardly see that in the media.

The media is in sighting all this racial tension, they love to rile up the black community and i dont know why. Maybe its to cause black people to riot making them look bad so the media can say "here look at these thugs."

I personally feel that a high percentage of crime in US is committed by black people considering they are a small part of the population which in turn leads to the stereotypes and racial profiling. So a few bad apples have spoiled things for the rest of us. And we have to suffer the consequences of that which are:

Cop sees a car full of blacks of course he is gonna try his luck thinking those guys are up to no good or may have illegal guns drugs or whatever. All i say is if you get pulled over respect their authority and do as they say, if you have nothing to hide just comply rather than give attitude and resist because you won't win, you will just escalate the situation and end up getting twisted up by a bunch of cops or maybe worse.

And yes BLM need to focus alot on their own communities, there is so much bloodshed envolving black gangs, they need to address that also, but they dont. What they are basically saying is we only object when a white guy kills a black person.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 LJS9502_basic

@xeno_ghost: The media wants the views which add up to advertising revenue. So truth is not what they are interested. Very good post by the way. It's a shame people just can't get along. Underneath it all.....we're not different.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Mercenary848

You can respect cops and call out bad cops at the same time, and you can acknowledge crime in the black community and systematic racism at the same time. I just don't like when people make it see like we should be complacent with any problem of the law, just because people in the black community kill eachother(like every community). The double standards are everywhere, but they are more detrimental to minorities. Saying people should just be complacent about blacks being killed in faulty situations by the police because blacks kill blacks is like saying Americans should not do anything about ISIS because Americans kill Americans. And yes this all is rooted in history, from slavery, to reagan, to clinton, to today it all adds up.

If all lives truly matter then show don't tell, if blue lives truly matter then stop portraying cops as the bad guys in the majority white media. If you truly care about cops then push for body cams. Stop the double standards and gain the facts, and stop trying to just throw minority communities under the bus with the same janky rhetoric, that leaves out facts that aren't convenient to right wing media. Also stfu with this whole "black protest groups are as bad as the kkk", that is ridiculously stupid and just as bad as when people call trump Hitler. A white person can join BLM and they have numerous articles explaining how white allies can join. The media influenced fear of minorities is so strong these days, and the fact that a lot of people can't see it is scary. The Mayor of Dallas said it best, instead of playing this game of vilify lets actually understand eachother.

I personally can't stand BLM but I cant stand this whole "minorities need to smile and only get mad when the system says so" BS more.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 LJS9502_basic

@Mercenary848 said:

You can respect cops and call out bad cops at the same time, and you can acknowledge crime in the black community and systematic racism at the same time. I just don't like when people make it see like we should be complacent with any problem of the law, just because people in the black community kill eachother(like every community). The double standards are everywhere, but they are more detrimental to minorities. Saying people should just be complacent about blacks being killed in faulty situations by the police because blacks kill blacks is like saying Americans should not do anything about ISIS because Americans kill Americans. And yes this all is rooted in history, from slavery, to reagan, to clinton, to today it all adds up.

If all lives truly matter then show don't tell, if blue lives truly matter then stop portraying cops as the bad guys in the majority white media. If you truly care about cops then push for body cams. Stop the double standards and gain the facts, and stop trying to just throw minority communities under the bus with the same janky rhetoric, that leaves out facts that aren't convenient to right wing media. Also stfu with this whole "black protest groups are as bad as the kkk", that is ridiculously stupid and just as bad as when people call trump Hitler. A white person can join BLM and they have numerous articles explaining how white allies can join. The media influenced fear of minorities is so strong these days, and the fact that a lot of people can't see it is scary. The Mayor of Dallas said it best, instead of playing this game of vilify lets actually understand eachother.

I personally can't stand BLM but I cant stand this whole "minorities need to smile and only get mad when the system says so" BS more.

I don't think anyone is saying that. I think what is annoying people is that cases are jumped on with no interest in the facts. As I've said before cops should be dealt with when they themselves break the law. However, just because a cop shoots someone does not automatically mean they had no cause. I, for one, just want the true cases to be given spotlights. If you continue to scream when evidence shows the individual to have been complicit in the actions dilutes the true cases. And turns people off.

You know the story of crying wolf. It happens. People just ignore events because in the end the cases that preceded it weren't what they were purported to be. As I said before the media helps in this. Each case should be reviewed but it does no good to automatically assume the cop was wrong either.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 N64DD

@Jag85 said:
@n64dd said:
@battlestreak said:

BLM arose because of systemic racism in the criminal justice system, not just because of anger at white cops. The systemic racism in the criminal justice system is something that has gone unresolved for decades, and needs to be addressed. The problem with BLM is that it's not a unified movement and doesn't have any leadership. BLM doesn't have a leader figure like Martin Luther King or Malcolm X. Anyone can join BLM and claim to represent BLM, from rioters to psychopaths like the Dallas shooter. However, the police response to the Dallas shooting was also problematic. Using a drone to take him out has set a dangerous precedent, paving the way for drone strikes on US soil.

As for terror attacks, statistically, they're a much smaller problem for the US than gun crimes. More than 30,000 Americans are killed by guns every year. That's a far bigger deal than terror attacks.

That may be the most ignorant thing I've ever seen on these boards.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Pedro

@n64dd said:
@Jag85 said:

However, the police response to the Dallas shooting was also problematic. Using a drone to take him out has set a dangerous precedent, paving the way for drone strikes on US soil.

How? That is a valid concern. Has there been an incident like this prior? Is this approaching going to be used when we have mass shootings?

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 N64DD

@Pedro said:
@n64dd said:
@Jag85 said:

However, the police response to the Dallas shooting was also problematic. Using a drone to take him out has set a dangerous precedent, paving the way for drone strikes on US soil.

How? That is a valid concern. Has there been an incident like this prior? Is this approaching going to be used when we have mass shootings?

They didn't use a drone. They used a bomb disarming robot and it saved a lot of lives. You people are out of hand.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#98 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

I am from UK and in one of my local city center there where a protest Black lives matter. If that was the other way round and me just saying white lives matter too I would be classed as racist.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 N64DD

@skipper847 said:

I am from UK and in one of my local city center there where a protest Black lives matter. If that was the other way round and me just saying white lives matter too I would be classed as racist.

Aren't double standards fun?

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#100 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6106 Posts

In my opinion,All Lives Matter.Not just people who are dark skin.