Billions of dollars vs. A cure for cancer [POLL]

• 72 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Aku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Aku101
Member since 2009 • 2114 Posts

Which one would you rather have? Billions of dollars or finding the cure for cancer and being credited for it?

As for me, cure for cancer easily because even if I had billions of dollars, I'd still be forgotten in the annals of history.

NOTE:

We're going to assume that you can't sell the cure for cancer and it will become public knowledge and spread throguhout the world, although you will take sole credit for the work. You won't be poor afterwards but you won't be rich either.

Also you can't fund the billions of dollars towards cancer research.

weezyfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 weezyfb
Member since 2009 • 14703 Posts
cure for cancer as i could sell it for more billions.... mwhahaha
Aku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Aku101

We're going to assume that you can't sell the cure for cancer and it will become public knowledge and spread throguhout the world, although you will take sole credit for the work. You won't be poor afterwards but you won't be rich either.

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

cure for cancer as i could sell it for more billions.... mwhahahaweezyfb

True that. And I'd be an hero. =D

nickz_fpk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 nickz_fpk
Member since 2010 • 1458 Posts

Cure for cancer then I'd say I invented it then I'd make billions. :)

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Billions of dollars so I could that money to find a cure and make more billions.

Bloodseeker23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 Bloodseeker23
Member since 2008 • 8338 Posts

[QUOTE="weezyfb"]cure for cancer as i could sell it for more billions.... mwhahahacoolbeans90

True that. And I'd be an hero. =D

this
TINYOWNSYOU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TINYOWNSYOU
Member since 2009 • 565 Posts

I'll go with cure for cancer, then come up with an unrelated get rich quick scheme.

Suzy_Q_Kazoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Suzy_Q_Kazoo
Member since 2010 • 9899 Posts

Cure for cancer. It's not even about being credited or remembered for it, but the fact that it could actually save millions of people is worth more than any monetary value.

Aku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Aku101

Cure for cancer. It's not even about being credited or remembered for it, but the fact that it could actually save millions of people is worth more than any monetary value.

Suzy_Q_Kazoo

I guess credit is a moot point since if you did discover it, whatever your motivations, credit is due nonetheless even if you did not want it.

Suzy_Q_Kazoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Suzy_Q_Kazoo
Member since 2010 • 9899 Posts

[QUOTE="Suzy_Q_Kazoo"]

Aku101

I guess credit is a moot point since if you did discover it, whatever your motivations, credit is due nonetheless.

Hey, I wouldn't be one to reject that ;)
KittenNipples

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 KittenNipples
Member since 2007 • 3013 Posts
First we have to stop investing in the appallingly atrocious packaged meat, processed foods, fast foods,drugs, drinks etc that give us this cancer in the first place. Then we talk.
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
As much as I would love to have a billion dollars I would have to cure cancer. I would never need that much money and chances are you would never be in dire need of cash with that kind of fame anyway. Also I mean come one. Being credited with the saving of millions and millions of lives? That's pretty damn awesome. Plus I'm an idealist and whats more idealistic than destroying something that's killed so many and even some people I really cared about.
dracos9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 dracos9000
Member since 2006 • 1318 Posts

Neither.

Mr_Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15 Mr_Alexander
Member since 2007 • 1686 Posts

Neither.

dracos9000
W...what? Cure here.
dracos9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 dracos9000
Member since 2006 • 1318 Posts
[QUOTE="dracos9000"]

Neither.

Mr_Alexander
W...what? Cure here.

I was only going by the choices since credit was tied to curing cancer I did not choose that and since I do not like the monetary system I didn't choose money now if the choice was cure for cancer with no credit I would have picked that.
gameguy6700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 gameguy6700
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts
I'd take the billions of dollars without hesitation. Life would be a lot more enjoyable that way. Also, I wouldn't want to get credit for something I didn't work to achieve. Just waking up on day and inexplicably being credited with finding the cure for cancer would be completely unfulfilling and feel like living a lie. And I wouldn't want to work towards a cure for cancer either because I find that kind of research to be very boring. And while that might sound like a trivial reason, trust me, as someone who has first hand experience doing biological research, you do NOT want to be stuck researching something you have no interest in.
TaoJeetKuneDo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 TaoJeetKuneDo
Member since 2010 • 512 Posts
Billions of cancer .
DmadFearmonger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 DmadFearmonger
Member since 2009 • 5169 Posts

Think about this, you create a cure for cancer then there's a cure for ****ing cancer! Billions of dollars and then there's no cure for cancer. Only guilt. I'd make the cure without credit even.

DmadFearmonger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DmadFearmonger
Member since 2009 • 5169 Posts
[QUOTE="gameguy6700"]I'd take the billions of dollars without hesitation. Life would be a lot more enjoyable that way. Also, I wouldn't want to get credit for something I didn't work to achieve. Just waking up on day and inexplicably being credited with finding the cure for cancer would be completely unfulfilling and feel like living a lie. And I wouldn't want to work towards a cure for cancer either because I find that kind of research to be very boring. And while that might sound like a trivial reason, trust me, as someone who has first hand experience doing biological research, you do NOT want to be stuck researching something you have no interest in.

For you, yes. But then there'd still be thousands of people dying from cancer
rockerbikie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 rockerbikie
Member since 2010 • 10027 Posts

Billions of Dollars. I would donate some to charitys and stuff like that.

Avatar image for paranoidpixie95
paranoidpixie95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 paranoidpixie95
Member since 2009 • 2198 Posts

If the cancer cure was universal (cures all cancers: lung, skin, prostate, liver, etc.), then I'd take that. If it was just finding the cure for one type of cancer, then I'd take the $$$

Billions of cancer .TaoJeetKuneDo

That's the way... 8)

SkyWard20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SkyWard20
Member since 2009 • 4509 Posts

At the very least for the sake of avoiding an ironic death, a cure for cancer.

lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 lonewolf604
Member since 2007 • 8747 Posts
Survival of the fittest, I take the billion, and my family will inherit it. (Boy am I cruel tonight....)
lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#25 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44679 Posts
I'll do the right thing... not defy God's will :P Seriously though, I'd take the credit, I mean even if I patented the cure for everyone to use free I'd still have much opportunity to get paid for TV interviews and magazine interviews, write a best selling novel of how Our Lady of Hypotheticals visiting me between sessions of viewing raunchy adult sites on my PC while everyone was asleep, get my likeness on a box of Wheaties, enough to live a comfortable life of sitting on my ass doing absolutely nothing but still having contributed to society.
JasonBourne2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 JasonBourne2
Member since 2011 • 34 Posts
id probably take the cash, just knowing that i can walk into any car dealership and grab a pair of keys
angrules23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 angrules23
Member since 2007 • 854 Posts
Well considering i'm not the spawn of Satan i choose the cure.
markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 markop2003
Member since 2005 • 29917 Posts
Billions of dollars, cancer is only a major killer in the western world and it tends to effect older people more than the young. With billions of dollars i could cure starvation and reduce malaria rates which shorten lives more.
Avatar image for YellowOneKinobi
YellowOneKinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 YellowOneKinobi
Member since 2011 • 4128 Posts
Billions of dollars, cancer is only a major killer in the western world and it tends to effect older people more than the young. With billions of dollars i could cure starvation and reduce malaria rates which shorten lives more. markop2003
Why wasn't curing cancer with no money and no credit a choice? After losing someone I loved very much to cancer, I would need neither credit nor riches if I would know that nobody else would suffer and die from at least this particular ailment.
Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts
Honestly speaking, I don't understand not wanting to be forgotten in history. You won't even be alive to care whether or not people remember you. For me, I don't know if I could live with myself knowing that I had the opportunity to save lives. It would be difficult spending the money. My conscience would eat me alive. However, if I discovered a cure for cancer, I'm rather certain I would be able to get a very well-paid job somewhere.
goobertaco45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 goobertaco45
Member since 2008 • 263 Posts

If you developed the cure for cancer, realistically you would become very rich. You would get numerous prizes and awards such as the Nobel Medicine Prize and you would be the subject of many books, movies, documentaries, TV shows, interviews, etc. Maybe you wouldnt get billions but definitely millions.

James161324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 James161324
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

I would take the billions and then some good stuff with it. And enjoy life

Kage1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Kage1
Member since 2003 • 6806 Posts

I would take the Billion Dollars because after the Government find out you cured Cancer, they will have you killed because they make too much money from Cancer medicine.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

Having lost four close relatives to various cancers I'd have to pick..........the money. Everyone has to die at some point, the money would make my life a lot more enjoyable (as well as be able to take care of my own medical needs) and I don't care about being remembered after I'm gone.

Atmanix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Atmanix
Member since 2009 • 6927 Posts

Cure cancer, sell it for billions of dollars.

Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Inconsistancy
Member since 2004 • 8094 Posts
How is this a question? Cure, and there's no way you'd not become filthy rich for being the soul inventor of that cure, and the fact that it'd likely set you up for being closer to cure other incurable stuff like Lou Gehrig's disease...
Blacklight2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#37 Blacklight2
Member since 2007 • 1212 Posts
Cure for cancer.
Adrianstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Adrianstalker
Member since 2008 • 1467 Posts

Billions of dollars

Watch the sick people die from golden porch

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1cb98d088e5
deactivated-5d1cb98d088e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-5d1cb98d088e5
Member since 2009 • 4084 Posts

Cure for cancer duh. If I got the however billion bucks it was, and then got cancer right afterwords I'd feel like an ass.

Franklinstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#40 Franklinstein
Member since 2004 • 7017 Posts
This hypothetical situation is strange. If you had the cure for cancer, you'd make well more than a billion dollars, also, if you had a billion dollars, you could probably influence the scientific/academic community enough to support finding a cure for cancer, as well as other diseases. However, as cold as it sounds, I'm going to have to get Aldous Huxley-ian on this conversation and ask the question, is it a good thing to cure cancer? Imagine the amount of people that would not die and would therefore reproduce and make the ever expanding problem of over population worse. Also, cancer nowadays is almost always curable if it's caught in time.
Enid_Green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Enid_Green
Member since 2010 • 1261 Posts

100% cure for cancer, considering it killed my mom.

And chances are if I was smart enough to find a cure (and especially if I was given credit for it), I'd manage to find a well-paying job anyway. I wouldn't need nor want billions.

CMFreezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 CMFreezy
Member since 2011 • 656 Posts
Cure for cancer because it would save a ton of lives. Money can not buy happiness but making a difference in the world can lead to a lifetime of happiness.
Avatar image for YellowOneKinobi
YellowOneKinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 YellowOneKinobi
Member since 2011 • 4128 Posts

Having lost four close relatives to various cancers I'd have to pick..........the money. Everyone has to die at some point, the money would make my life a lot more enjoyable (as well as be able to take care of my own medical needs) and I don't care about being remembered after I'm gone.

worlock77
How ironic would it be if, in this hypothetical situation, you were to pass away from cancer.
Z0MBIES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#44 Z0MBIES
Member since 2005 • 2246 Posts
Cure for cancer. Have eternal glory, be the single biggest celebrity on the planet. Don't need money for things because it would just be given to me.
Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Inconsistancy
Member since 2004 • 8094 Posts

Cure for cancer. Have eternal glory, be the single biggest celebrity on the planet. Don't need money for things because it would just be given to me.Z0MBIES
I'd not take credit for it directly, but there's no way that if you cured cancer, that you'd be too dim to figure out how to make money. God I'd hate being famous... Fake name, never show my, then go back to my normal life.

cee1gee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 cee1gee
Member since 2008 • 2042 Posts

There is a cure, its called hemp oil, Look up the Rick Simpson Story.

metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts

Cure for cancer. Do you realize how incredible it would be? That'd be like being the first man on the moon, except curing cancer is way harder.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

YellowOneKinobi

How ironic would it be if, in this hypothetical situation, you were to pass away from cancer.

If I do I do. As I said, we all must die at some point. I'm fully aware of my mortality, and fully accept that chances are I'll die of cancer if something else doesn't get me first.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#49 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38691 Posts
i'd take the cure even without credit for it.
GreatEmpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 GreatEmpire
Member since 2011 • 254 Posts

well i dont have cancer...so i couldnt care less about it. for the ppl that have it then thats just too bad....i rather have the billion.

yes im deviant like that