Bill Nye your favorite science guy owns all KKK members and racists alike.

• 139 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Japanese_Monk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Japanese_Monk
Member since 2006 • 1412 Posts

So anyway, I was looking for some nostalgic episodes of "Bill Nye the science guy" on youtube.

I come across one of his videos explaining exactly why and how all humans are decendants of Africa. Meaning that all racists are fools. I always knew this, but I never got such an in-depth answer as this one provided.

For those who don't want to watch. The gist is, 99.9% of our DNA is the same. All humans are of african decent and had dark skin to protect themselves from the UV rays. Eventually these africans spread out and populated the rest of the world while adapting to their enviroment.

"Race" is only cause by the geographic location of a particular group. Our body basically adapts to the enviroment which includes not only skin color but height, and even the mongoloid eyes. (eyes that are characteristic of asians)

But we all started in Africa.:lol: Im just laughing at the KKK right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EyeNi6qsfs&mode=related&search=

All racists are welcome to discuss or debate. :P

Shade-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Shade-Blade
Member since 2007 • 4930 Posts
I dont believe the cradle of life stuff honestly. Its evolution for me, and I damn well bet that every organism that evolved didnt evolve in Africa.
Japanese_Monk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Japanese_Monk

I dont believe the cradle of life stuff honestly. Its evolution for me, and I damn well bet that every organism that evolved didnt evolve in Africa.Shade-Blade

Watch the video then come back to me. This IS EVOLUTION!

Shade-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Shade-Blade
If its evolution then it wouldnt just be in Africa. Its pretty hard to believe that every single organism on this Earth that has evolved into what we are today started in Africa. I just refuse to believe that. Call me crazy but its my opinion.
leegar88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 leegar88
Member since 2006 • 5307 Posts
During the bridge collapse thing, I saw Bill Nye on tv. At first I thought WTF this is serious why is he on there instead of a real scientist, because I always saw him as the guy who taught kids and never thought anyone would listen to himfor something like this. But anyway yeah he has always been a good scientist.
chico129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 chico129
Member since 2006 • 7964 Posts

I agree with all of that except the Africa part..... When humans first started (well, when the in-between of humans and apes started, I forget the name) Africa didn't exist realy.... Neither did Europe, SA, NA, Oceania, Asia....... Because the world was a completely different shape back then :|

Actually wait, that's a lie, it was still Africa but a different shape......... I think, I forget, anyways, good way to pwn those raciest bastards :x

Shade-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Shade-Blade

I agree with all of that except the Africa part..... When humans first started (well, when the in-between of humans and apes started, I forget the name) Africa didn't exist realy.... Neither did Europe, SA, NA, Oceania, Asia....... Because the world was a completely different shape back then :|

Actually wait, that's a lie, it was still Africa but a different shape......... I think, I forget, anyways, good way to pwn those raciest bastards :x

chico129
Neanderthals? Pangea?
chico129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 chico129

If its evolution then it wouldnt just be in Africa. Its pretty hard to believe that every single organism on this Earth that has evolved into what we are today started in Africa. I just refuse to believe that. Call me crazy but its my opinion.Shade-Blade

Actually it is pretty damn possible, we evolved from apes, apes are not found all over the world now are they?

Japanese_Monk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Japanese_Monk

If its evolution then it wouldnt just be in Africa. Its pretty hard to believe that every single organism on this Earth that has evolved into what we are today started in Africa. I just refuse to believe that. Call me crazy but its my opinion.Shade-Blade

You couldnt have watched that video that quick. What did I tell you?! You fail to realize that in evolution Humans come WAY AFTER all the rest of the species. Evolution states we evolved from Monkeys. This video is talking about evolution. Watch it. I mean how hard is it to watch it?

Its not that you can't believe it. You just don't want to. I reckon you might have a thing against africa....or more directly africans. Might you be a member of a certain group that idolizes the 11th letter of the alphebet? lol. :P

chico129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 chico129

Yea, in all honesty that is actually what it's sounding like...

krazykillaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 krazykillaz
Member since 2002 • 21141 Posts
Bill Nye is just God incarnate.
CptJSparrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 CptJSparrow
Member since 2007 • 10898 Posts
Guys, Pangaea didn't exist 2 million years ago.
ninjacat11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 ninjacat11
Member since 2004 • 5008 Posts

At the time that mankind started, Africa was still a part of Pangea. So technically, all life started in Pangea.

But still, Bill Nye earns extra kudos for giving racists the finger.

chico129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 chico129

1. I never said it did, only the other guy did.

2. Humans/whatever the hell we have evolved from have been around for one hell of alot longer than 2 million years.

leegar88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 leegar88
Member since 2006 • 5307 Posts

Don't forget everyone SCIENCE RULES.

munu9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 munu9
Member since 2004 • 11109 Posts

chico129

You're thinking of pangea?! WRONG. Even the most distant relative of homosapiens (us) was around only about 2 millions years ago. The earth looked a lot like it does now even 35 million years ago. But the point is the video was talking about Homo Sapiens, not any ancestor of modern humans but actual modern humans... Which is less than 100,000 years ago. Very likely to only reside in Africa, modern Africa... Evolution depends on the location and environment, Africa most likely had the right type of environment for our ancestors who resided there to evolve into homosapiens...

Media_geek20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#17 Media_geek20
Member since 2006 • 6491 Posts

It's not that all life started in Africa, it's that human life began in Africa.

Japanese_Monk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Japanese_Monk

Really I don't understand how someone logically could be racists. The biggest religion, christianity, says that God created all people and that we are all equal. On the other hand Evolution states something around the same thing of equality, saying that we all evolved from apes and started life in africa.

Science tells us since all of us are of African descent, and humans as a whole are 99.9% the same, that we are in fact ALL the same. I am perplexed how a logically thinking person could even be racists.

Personally I never understood why one could hate on another based upon skin. But thats just me. Im open to marry ANY race.....as long as the woman is beautiful. ;)

chico129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 chico129

Yea, ok, MODERN humans are obviously only from around that time, but I'm meaning if you go waaaay back into humans, as I said, we evolved from apes, and only some evolved as far as us, I think we ARE all from Africa, just that it wouldn't look EXACTLY the same as it does now.

munu9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#20 munu9
Member since 2004 • 11109 Posts

[QUOTE="Shade-Blade"]If its evolution then it wouldnt just be in Africa. Its pretty hard to believe that every single organism on this Earth that has evolved into what we are today started in Africa. I just refuse to believe that. Call me crazy but its my opinion.Media_geek20

It's not that all life started in Africa, it's that human life began in Africa.

Yes, early ancestors could have lived everywhere but africa must have been the only environment in which we evolved into homosapiens. Which caused all the other early humans to die out from our dominance...

Vax45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Vax45
Member since 2005 • 4834 Posts

chico129

I think the tectonic plates were completely different BILLIONS of years ago, not millions.

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts
Definitely interesting. Proof that Bill Nye owns!
Whicker89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 Whicker89
Member since 2004 • 18919 Posts
uhm how does this pwn racists, it could just add to their racist argument that they were the same but whites evolved to be more supreme :|
chico129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 chico129

Really I don't understand how someone logically could be racists. The biggest religion, christianity says that God created all people and that we are all equal. On the other hand Evolution states something around the same thing of equality, saying that we all evolved from apes and started life in africa.

Science tells us since all of us are of African descent, and humans as a whole are 99.9% the same, that we are in fact ALL the same. I am perplexed how a logically thinking person could even be racists.

Personally I never understood why one could hate on another based upon skin. But thats just me. Im open to marry ANY race.....as long as the woman is beautiful. ;)

Japanese_Monk

You should watch "American History X", that film explains loads, anyway, basically racists started by not being very happy or wanted somebody to blame Hitler anybody?) and when children are brought up around a racist environment they don't need a reason to be racist, they were just brought up with it and believe that it is the right thing.

chico129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 chico129
[QUOTE="chico129"]

Vax45

I think the tectonic plates were completely different BILLIONS of years ago, not millions.

Aye, obviously, but then again it takes BILLIONS of years for them to move, russia moves half a millimeter (I think, I forget all these facts it has been years since I heard them) every single year.

So, obviously we are still moving, we never will stop moving, and we never have stopped moving.

Japanese_Monk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Japanese_Monk
[QUOTE="Japanese_Monk"]

Really I don't understand how someone logically could be racists. The biggest religion, christianity says that God created all people and that we are all equal. On the other hand Evolution states something around the same thing of equality, saying that we all evolved from apes and started life in africa.

chico129

You should watch "American History X", that film explains loads, anyway, basically racists started by not being very happy or wanted somebody to blame Hitler anybody?) and when children are brought up around a racist environment they don't need a reason to be racist, they were just brought up with it and believe that it is the right thing.

I've actually seen American History X. It was a good movie. My point was that anyone with a logical mind should always at some point, question their beliefs and re-evalutate them to see if what they believe is the "truth". To me, a racists can't be logical.

Of course most racists judge a race on its few, rather than it as a whole. Because all people are different. So while in American History X, the protagonists talks about the "blacks" being lazy and detrimental to the society, wouldn't one logically examine that view as stereotypical and a horrible generalization.

While its true for some blacks, its also true for some whites. But more often than not, people tend to forget that in the same way your ecological environment can alter your skin, so can your socialogical one too. Wouldn't society be to blame for those like that anyway?

I really don't know if anything I said makes sense to you....I tend to post incoherent messes from time to time.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#27 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts
I would hope that most of our DNA is in common, considering we are all of the same species.
chico129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 chico129
Yea,I agree COMPLETELY with that, and just incase you thought I meant that American History X was against blacks, I didn't I meant that it was against the way that racists think.
Japanese_Monk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Japanese_Monk

uhm how does this pwn racists, it could just add to their racist argument that they were the same but whites evolved to be more supreme :|Whicker89

Obviously you didn't watch the video.

Cruxis27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30 Cruxis27
Member since 2006 • 2057 Posts
Off- Topic Board's flavour of the week- Racism! Yay!
chico129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 chico129
Well I am kinda wondering what his profile pic is implying......
Japanese_Monk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Japanese_Monk

Yea,I agree COMPLETELY with that, and just incase you thought I meant that American History X was against blacks, I didn't I meant that it was against the way that racists think.chico129

naww, I knew what you meant. I also thought that it was thought provoking and a way into the racists life and challenged their core beliefs. Although I wasn't too happy with the way he got his final revelation on that subject.

Some black guy being treated unfairly in jail and helping him out while his racists community consorts with mexicans was kind of....well, lacking. I expected him to reach the same thought provoking arguments for other races, as he did against them.

But overall it was a good movie. How can you not like a movie with the kid from Terminator 2 anyway?

Avatar image for DeeJayInphinity
DeeJayInphinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33 DeeJayInphinity
Member since 2004 • 13415 Posts

uhm how does this pwn racists, it could just add to their racist argument that they were the same but whites evolved to be more supreme :|Whicker89

Those are minor adaptations that didn't happen because whites are superior or the supreme race, they happened because of the environment.

I could say that blacks are the best race of all because they decided to migrate from one region to another in search of more favorable conditions so they could advance the human race and allow it to keep advancing.

However, that just seperates white from blacks and it creates more problems. Since we are ~99.9% the same, I believe it's a bad idea to seperate ourselves from one another. We're all human beings, we evolved from a common ancestor, we're not superior, we're not better, and we're not trying to domniate one another. We're just trying to survive.

chico129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 chico129

[QUOTE="chico129"]Yea,I agree COMPLETELY with that, and just incase you thought I meant that American History X was against blacks, I didn't I meant that it was against the way that racists think.Japanese_Monk

naww, I knew what you meant. I also thought that it was thought provoking and a way into the racists life and challenged their core beliefs. Although I wasn't too happy with the way he got his final revelation on that subject.

Some black guy being treated unfairly in jail and helping him out while his racists community consorts with mexicans was kind of....well, lacking. I expected him to reach the same thought provoking arguments for other races, as he did against them.

But overall it was a good movie. How can you not like a movie with the kid from Terminator 2 anyway?

I thought he looked weird haha, long hair in Terminator 2 and then suddenly a skinhead :|

But yea, that is what I ment, just making sure you weren't getting confused :P

Kikouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#35 Kikouken
Member since 2006 • 15913 Posts

I knew this also.

But anyway, the KKK have always been stupid.

Whicker89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Whicker89
Member since 2004 • 18919 Posts

[QUOTE="Whicker89"]uhm how does this pwn racists, it could just add to their racist argument that they were the same but whites evolved to be more supreme :|DeeJayInphinity

Those are minor adaptations that didn't happen because whites are superior or the supreme race, they happened because of the environment.

I could say that blacks are the best race of all because they decided to migrate from one region to another in search of more favorable conditions so they could advance the human race and allow it to keep advancing.

However, that just seperates white from blacks and it creates more problems. Since we are ~99.9% the same, I believe it's a bad idea to seperate ourselves from one another. We're all human beings, we evolved from a common ancestor, we're not superior, we're not better, and we're not trying to domniate one another. We're just trying to survive.

Rawr, I didnt mean I believed it I meant the KKK would mostly believe that :|
Loonie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Loonie
Member since 2003 • 3455 Posts

Not every single organism comes from africa, just people. EDIT: alright not JUST people, but you get what i mean, its people that are supposed to come from africa not 'every living organism.'

Actually it is pretty damn possible, we evolved from apes, apes are not found all over the world now are they?

chico129

Technically we are still apes. Gorillas are only found in africa, i believe the same can be said for chimpanzees and i think orangutans live in indonesia but they may just be an offshoot of ape that also originated in africa.

CptJSparrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 CptJSparrow

At the time that mankind started, Africa was still a part of Pangea. So technically, all life started in Pangea.

But still, Bill Nye earns extra kudos for giving racists the finger.

ninjacat11
Pangaea was much further in the past than human evolution. Human evolution "began" 2 million years ago. Pangaea existed around 250 million years ago.
Avatar image for AtomicBaconBits
AtomicBaconBits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#39 AtomicBaconBits
Member since 2006 • 8855 Posts
Bliil for President!
Avatar image for DeeJayInphinity
DeeJayInphinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 DeeJayInphinity
Member since 2004 • 13415 Posts
[QUOTE="DeeJayInphinity"]

[QUOTE="Whicker89"]uhm how does this pwn racists, it could just add to their racist argument that they were the same but whites evolved to be more supreme :|Whicker89

Rawr, I didnt mean I believed it I meant the KKK would mostly believe that :|

Ok I didn't say you believed that, I knew what you meant from the beginning. I'm just expressing my opinion on that particular subject, which you mentioned the KKK would believe. (And they do)

I like the word Rawr btw, don't know why. RAWRRR. :P

chico129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 chico129

[QUOTE="Shade-Blade"]If its evolution then it wouldnt just be in Africa. Its pretty hard to believe that every single organism on this Earth that has evolved into what we are today started in Africa. I just refuse to believe that. Call me crazy but its my opinion.Loonie

Not every single organism comes from africa, just people. EDIT: alright not JUST people, but you get what i mean, its people that are supposed to come from africa not 'every living organism.'

chico129

Technically we are still apes. Gorillas are only found in africa, i believe the same can be said for chimpanzees and i think orangutans live in indonesia but they may just be an offshoot of ape that also originated in africa.

Well when you really think about it, it is possible that they are all evolved from the one species, we just turned out this way and because of our thumbs we found it easier to use tools than the others...... So we managed to advance and managed to build a load of civilisations.

mmmd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 mmmd
Member since 2006 • 943 Posts
I wish the DVDs of his shows were affordable to a private user, and that PBS had picked up The Eyes of Nye.
CptJSparrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 CptJSparrow
I wish the DVDs of his shows were affordable to a private usermmmd
Yeah, definitely.
mig_killer2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 mig_killer2
Member since 2007 • 4906 Posts
I learned that race is a myth long ago
xtn702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 xtn702
Member since 2007 • 4203 Posts

leegar88
;)
Funkdaddy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Funkdaddy13
Member since 2003 • 8930 Posts

[QUOTE="Shade-Blade"]I dont believe the cradle of life stuff honestly. Its evolution for me, and I damn well bet that every organism that evolved didnt evolve in Africa.Japanese_Monk

There was no africa... It was pangea...
KrayzieJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 KrayzieJ
Member since 2003 • 3283 Posts

[QUOTE="Shade-Blade"]If its evolution then it wouldnt just be in Africa. Its pretty hard to believe that every single organism on this Earth that has evolved into what we are today started in Africa. I just refuse to believe that. Call me crazy but its my opinion.Japanese_Monk

You couldnt have watched that video that quick. What did I tell you?! You fail to realize that in evolution Humans come WAY AFTER all the rest of the species. Evolution states we evolved from Monkeys. This video is talking about evolution. Watch it. I mean how hard is it to watch it?

Its not that you can't believe it. You just don't want to. I reckon you might have a thing against africa....or more directly africans. Might you be a member of a certain group that idolizes the 11th letter of the alphebet? lol. :P

We didn't evolve from monkeys, we are still monkeys.
bradleybhoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 bradleybhoy
Member since 2005 • 6501 Posts
[QUOTE="Japanese_Monk"]

[QUOTE="Shade-Blade"]I dont believe the cradle of life stuff honestly. Its evolution for me, and I damn well bet that every organism that evolved didnt evolve in Africa.Funkdaddy13

There was no africa... It was pangea...

As it has been explained elsewhere in the thread, pangea had broken up and continents had formed millions of years before human evolution began.

mig_killer2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 mig_killer2
Member since 2007 • 4906 Posts
[QUOTE="leegar88"]

xtn702
;)