Biden Administration to Build a Wall on Southern Border After Calling it Racist When Trump Built the Wall

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3871 Posts

The Biden Administration has stated they are going to build a border wall to stop the flow of illegal immigrants through the southern border after years of calling Trumps border wall racists. Does this action by the Biden Administration make them racist or once again prove that Trump was correct yet once again?

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23038 Posts

@JimB: I find myself once again begging you to read something other than a propaganda source before speaking.

President Joe Biden on Thursday defended his administration’s decision to waive 26 federal laws in South Texas to allow for construction of roughly 20 miles of additional border wall, saying he had no choice but to use the Trump-era funding for the barrier to stop illegal migration from Mexico.

Asked if he thought such walls work, he said flatly, “No.”

The new construction was announced in June, but the funds were appropriated in 2019 before the Democratic president took office. Biden said he tried to get lawmakers to redirect the money but Congress refused, and the law requires the funding to be used as approved and the construction to be completed in 2023.

“The money was appropriated for the border wall,” Biden said. “I can’t stop that.”

Link

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7290 Posts

And in comes @mattbbpl:

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41537 Posts

I hate to be THAT guy, but didn't a political thread get locked because it was "low effort"?

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38681 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

I hate to be THAT guy, but didn't a political thread get locked because it was "low effort"?

TBF, it took Jim a lot of effort to type this up.

we'll call it "low facts" instead, he did try hard.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8245 Posts

Well Well Well

Trump was right.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178849 Posts

@sargentd said:

Well Well Well

Trump was right.

You should read Matt's response because both you and Jim don't know what's going on. Biden actually said trump's idea wouldn't work. And he's right on that. It won't but it'll be more taxpayer dollars needed for upkeep and we know the rich don't have to fork over any money or very little.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SargentD

@LJS9502_basic said:
@sargentd said:

Well Well Well

Trump was right.

You should read Matt's response because both you and Jim don't know what's going on. Biden actually said trump's idea wouldn't work. And he's right on that. It won't but it'll be more taxpayer dollars needed for upkeep and we know the rich don't have to fork over any money or very little.

Biden was not required to waive all those federal laws to let this happen lol

But he did it! Even aoc calling him out lol

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SargentD

If Biden wants to get serious about the migrant crisis he needs to bring back Title 42 and Remain in Mexico policies.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 LJS9502_basic

@sargentd: Much prefer you found credible sources. Twitter and Youtube are not credible. Try again.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 LJS9502_basic

@sargentd: Was that not the covid policy?

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SargentD

@LJS9502_basic said:

@sargentd: Much prefer you found credible sources. Twitter and Youtube are not credible. Try again.

Public Statements by Democrat representatives is not a credible source?? Lol

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Robertos
Member since 2023 • 986 Posts

@mattbbpl said:

@JimB: I find myself once again begging you to read something other than a propaganda source before speaking.

President Joe Biden on Thursday defended his administration’s decision to waive 26 federal laws in South Texas to allow for construction of roughly 20 miles of additional border wall, saying he had no choice but to use the Trump-era funding for the barrier to stop illegal migration from Mexico.

The new construction was announced in June, but the funds were appropriated in 2019 before the Democratic president took office. Biden said he tried to get lawmakers to redirect the money but Congress refused, and the law requires the funding to be used as approved and the construction to be completed in 2023.

“The money was appropriated for the border wall,” Biden said. “I can’t stop that.”

Link

Thread quickly fact checked, nice.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6895 Posts

@robertos said:
@mattbbpl said:

Link

Zaryia over here on his third alt.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Silentchief
@LJS9502_basic said:
@sargentd said:

Well Well Well

Trump was right.

How's Bidens plan working?

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SargentD

@silentchief said:
@robertos said:
@mattbbpl said:

Link

Right lmao!!

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mattbbpl

@sargentd said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Public Statements by Democrat representatives is not a credible source?? Lol

Oh, absolutely not, lol. Especially from party firebrands like AOC. It would be like citing MTG.

The bottom line here is quite simple. Congress controls the purse, and sets appropriations. The Administrative branch can decide how to administer funds as long as they are used within the letter of the law - the appropriations bills.

If the appropriations bills state that the funds must be used for border wall construction, then that's exactly what they must be used for. The only alternatives are A) getting Congress to change the appropriations bills or B) start a Constitutional crisis by ignoring the legislation. The admin tried option A, but Congress refused. I, personally, am glad they didn't try option B.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mattbbpl

@silentchief: @sargentd: Lol, I think I predate Zaryia, frankly. But I appreciate the insinuation that I also have some of the posting qualities that he brought to the table.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#19 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

IT'S NOT A WALL OF HATE!! It's a wall that simply....stops entry into the country illegally.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SargentD
Loading Video...

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Silentchief
@mattbbpl said:

@silentchief: @sargentd: Lol, I think I predate Zaryia, frankly. But I appreciate the insinuation that I also have some of the posting qualities that he brought to the table.

I wasn't talking about you I was talking about the brand new alt who quoted you. That also wasn't a compliment.

Spamming links that most often had little to do with the topic at hand while striking through everyone else's quote chains were not admirable posting qualities. For some reason the leftist drones on this forum loved him. Regardless he's on his third alt now.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Robertos
@sargentd said:
@silentchief said:
@robertos said:
@mattbbpl said:

Link

Right lmao!!

The thread got fact checked and was shut down in the second post. No need to attack posters with false and off-topic allegations.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Silentchief

@robertos said:
@sargentd said:
@silentchief said:
@robertos said:
@mattbbpl said:

Link

Right lmao!!

The thread got fact checked and was shut down in the second post. No need to attack posters with false and off-topic allegations.

You forget your email again? Or were you banned? Stop lying Zaryia we know it's you.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Robertos

Mods? This guys seems out of control.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14807 Posts

lol

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36041 Posts

@mattbbpl: so I get the money was allocated and legally had to be used for the wall construction, but the waiving of the laws was ultimately Joe's choice, correct? What's the defense of that move by the White House?

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 mattbbpl

@Serraph105: Essentially Constitutional. He HAS to spend that money on exactly that. In theory he could have taken it to court and claimed that the Legislature didn't MEAN what they wrote because they previously wrote these other laws, but for obvious reasons it would be a very hard sell and I assume it would be a losing proposition.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SargentD

@robertos said:

Asking mods to take care of someone calling you out.

This is definitely Zaryia. confirmed

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SargentD
Loading Video...

Build the wall Biden!!

The jokes write themselves.

Sounds like Biden and the secretary of the DHS are in disagreement. Because DHS put out a statement saying this 20 miles of wall is necessary... 🧐

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By SargentD

Greg Abbott was right to send those buses to Sanctuary cities.

It's going to bring the whole country together in record time!

Bring back title 42 and remain in Mexico policies.

Also Build That Wall!!

Send them back!!

Loading Video...
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#31 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58344 Posts

@judaspete said:

And in comes @mattbbpl:

haha pretty much.

Safe to say /thread ?

@mattbbpl said:

@Serraph105: Essentially Constitutional. He HAS to spend that money on exactly that. In theory he could have taken it to court and claimed that the Legislature didn't MEAN what they wrote because they previously wrote these other laws, but for obvious reasons it would be a very hard sell and I assume it would be a losing proposition.

Safe to say the legal fees and waste of time would probably exceed the cost of building the wall?

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 mattbbpl

@mrbojangles25: That and it's guaranteed to go the Supreme Court, which.... haha

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Robertos
@sargentd said:
@robertos said:

Asking mods to take care of someone calling you out.

No, for going completely off-topic with unprovoked ad-hominems, and not dropping it like an angry obsession. Thread got yeeted in the very first reply, so please lets stay on topic....

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 JimB

@comp_atkins said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

TBF, it took Jim a lot of effort to type this up.

we'll call it "low facts" instead, he did try hard.

Low facts, just a simple truth in which the Democrats can't handle.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 JimB

@mattbbpl said:

Link

According to Biden walls don't work yet he built a wall around his Delaware beach house on the taxpayers dime. Obama did not believe in walls yet he built a wall around his Washington DC home. Actions speak louder than words.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SargentD

DHS statement

There is presently an acute and immediate need to construct physical barriers and roads in the vicinity of the border of the United States in order to prevent unlawful entries into the United States in the project areas pursuant to sections 102(a) and 102(b) of IIRIRA. In order to ensure the expeditious construction of the barriers and roads in the project areas, I have determined that it is necessary that I exercise the authority that is vested in me by section 102(c) of IIRIRA.

https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2023/10/05/2023-22176/determination-pursuant-to-section-102-of-the-illegal-immigration-reform-and-immigrant-responsibility

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#37 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41537 Posts

Well, a similar bad take, but from a Democratic side of things.

Beto had me at #1. He lost me the rest after knowing the context of what happened.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@nintendoboy16: Saw that and thought he should know better but I guess he doesn't. Or it's for attention.

Avatar image for sheevpalpamemes
SheevPalpamemes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SheevPalpamemes
Member since 2020 • 2192 Posts

Biden is worthless.

LOL at Zaryia 3rd alt.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17663 Posts
@JimB said:
@mattbbpl said:

Link

According to Biden walls don't work yet he built a wall around his Delaware beach house on the taxpayers dime. Obama did not believe in walls yet he built a wall around his Washington DC home. Actions speak louder than words.

This misses the point. 🙄

You’re not going to stop the determined. Walls are impediments that disincentivize. You put them up to make it more trouble than the bother is worth (ie, a burglar will skip your home and move to a unfenced one). Like car alarms, they are not absolute guarantors, nor are the intended to be. But when you put them up as a solution to people who are uprooting and risking their entire (and their families) lives to a betterment in a different country, you’re not dealing with incentives such as simple petty thievery….you’re dealing with a determination and goal that is FAR more difficult to deter than a moronic slab of concrete 50 feet high can possibly accomplish.

This is why these comparisons those on the right use are so idiotic (“hurr durr, walls around homes work, so a 2k mile one at the border will as well!!”). No…..it’s a completely different situation and context. The money would be much better spent on drones, patrols, motion sensors, K-9s, etc. It would be cheaper, more efficient, more effective, and would spare this country the disgusting symbolism and eyesore walls demonstrate. But hey, then I suppose we couldn’t use fear and xenophobia with grand displays of massive walls to impress the simple-minded morons to support them with brainless chants to their cult leader, right?

It’s not about whether walls work. Of course they work given proper application, it’s about cost to benefit ratio. A border wall is stupidity, it’s always been stupidity; a waste of money and resources relative to what you get (or could be getting) in return.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 JimB

@MirkoS77 said:
@JimB said:
@mattbbpl said:

Link

This misses the point. 🙄

You’re not going to stop the determined. Walls are impediments that disincentivize. You put them up to make it more trouble than the bother is worth (ie, a burglar will skip your home and move to a unfenced one). Like car alarms, they are not absolute guarantors, nor are the intended to be. But when you put them up as a solution to people who are uprooting and risking their entire (and their families) lives to a betterment in a different country, you’re not dealing with incentives such as simple petty thievery….you’re dealing with a determination and goal that is FAR more difficult to deter than a moronic slab of concrete 50 feet high can possibly accomplish.

This is why these comparisons those on the right use are so idiotic (“hurr durr, walls around homes work, so a 2k mile one at the border will as well!!”). No…..it’s a completely different situation and context. The money would be much better spent on drones, patrols, motion sensors, K-9s, etc. It would be cheaper, more efficient, more effective, and would spare this country the disgusting symbolism and eyesore walls demonstrate. But hey, then I suppose we couldn’t use fear and xenophobia with grand displays of massive walls to impress the simple-minded morons to support them with brainless chants to their cult leader, right?

It’s not about whether walls work. Of course they work given proper application, it’s about cost to benefit ratio. A border wall is stupidity, it’s always been stupidity; a waste of money and resources relative to what you get (or could be getting) in return.

Until a better solution presents itself wall are the only thing that work. Walls act as a deterrent or we could put the military inside our border and any one who crosses illegally is shot. That will certainly stop illegal crossings.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 mattbbpl

@JimB: JFC, we HAVE better solutions. As in right now, already implemented.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3728 Posts

I just watched hundreds of hamas troops fly over Israel’s border wall in cheap paragliders.

Lavamelon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Lavamelon
Member since 2016 • 849 Posts

Pure hypocrisy. I remember how Katy Perry (among other celebrities) called Trump racist for building a wall, yet these same celebrities have massive walls with security cameras surrounding their 24-bedroom mansions.

Imagine if a family of Mexican immigrants jumped over the wall around Katy Perry’s mansion, then ran to her front door and begged her to let them live inside her house. Do you think she would say “come in and live with me, I shall feed you and help raise your children for you”? Hell no she would scream and call the police.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By mrbojangles25
@lavamelon said:

Pure hypocrisy. I remember how Katy Perry (among other celebrities) called Trump racist for building a wall, yet these same celebrities have massive walls with security cameras surrounding their 24-bedroom mansions.

Imagine if a family of Mexican immigrants jumped over the wall around Katy Perry’s mansion, then ran to her front door and begged her to let them live inside her house. Do you think she would say “come in and live with me, I shall feed you and help raise your children for you”? Hell no she would scream and call the police.

Get a grip, dude. What your wrote is dumb and you should feel bad for writing it.

Also I'm not really sure why you people always use these far-left progressive nutjobs and hypocrites to support your argument like normal left and moderates hold them as some sort of idol or something lol. I guarantee you very few liberals think Katy Perry has good ideas for government policy...🤣

As for the wall itself, as said earlier, this money was earmarked and considered "already spent" from the previous administration. It was a done deal before Biden even made it into office.

Moving on.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 mrbojangles25
@JimB said:
@MirkoS77 said:
@JimB said:
@mattbbpl said:

@JimB: I...

Link

...we could put the military inside our border and any one who crosses illegally is shot...

Do you really think we should do this? Honestly and truly?

And if you did, do you think it would actually stop them?

Keep in mind that a.) some rednecks are already shooting them, and b.) many of them tend to die on their way here via exposure and accidents (drowning, exhaustion, not having enough supplies, etc).